• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Phoenix Academy: School for future heros! (IC closed)

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

She watched closely as his shadow turned into a dark line, making a small penetration in the ground. Saoirse nodded and made a slight "hmm" sound as if she were interested. She hadn't seen anyone with shadow manipulation. Then again, she hadn't seen anyone demonstrate their powers in the open, despite many people having them. Shadow manipulation, to her, seemed like it could prove to be quite useful, as you didn't have to go far to generate a weapon or object as a means of offense.

"Mutant? As in someone with powers that make them have some sort of . . . mutation?" she asked with a pause, looking at the ground for just a second. "Because if you do, then I guess I would be considered a mutant," she said with hesitance as she opened the door to enter the auditorium, holding it open for him as she walked through. To be honest, she didn't want to reveal too much about herself or her powers. It seemed like an invasion of privacy for her. She looked around at the enormous room. There were at least 10 rows of many seats. She walked down the stairs to sit in one of the front row seats, looking back several times to make sure Thompson wasn't too far behind.

Interacting with: Thompson ( Chachalotte Chachalotte )

"Ok!" She began to follow you with a smile of glee, her swords clacking as she ran. She snapped her head towards most noises like a little child. She kept her curiosity in check, still following behind Howard.

"Alrighty." Howard nodded as he stole a quick glance in the direction of the auditorium door, observing two more people entered.

He didn't really say much as he went down the ramp in between the squares of seats, before he found a relatively empty row in between the front and midsection.

He made his way down the row, sitting himself down, he then looked over at Lei expectedly.

Reign looked around, dazed from the scale of the auditorium. Her previous schools didn't have anything this large, and it was a fairly new sight to her. I wonder how much I missed out on by not growing up in or even anywhere near a city... Almost a minute after Raven had spoken, the consecutive entrances of multiple people knocked her out of her wonderment. Her ears turned red when she realized she had spaced out, leaving Raven waiting. "Ah... Corners are good. Hearing what's being said is good too... So, how about the leftmost front seats? Nobody is going for those."

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
(I'm really, really sorry for how long this took)

John made his way into the auditorium. "Man, I feel weird sitting next to people I don't know" he looked around for a seat away from most. With not much luck, he looked up and sighed. "Hey, that could work" he noticed pipes at the top. He went to the wall and let his dragon claws loose. He began climbing the wall until he reached the top and sat down. "Perfect, I'm not in anyone's way and I also have a perfect view." John sat and observed the students. Wondering who he would make friends with first.

She plopped herself next to Howard, looking out. Lei watched everything for a good while, and then sighed of boredom very quickly... She started to pick at her teeth with her Kunai. "This is so booooriiiiiiiiing..."

"I'd put that away if I was you." Howard said as he glanced over at the girl, his arm across the empty seat on the other side. "Don't want to make friends by accidentally stabbing them...Though, that would be an intreasting story." He said that last part with a sort of low grin.

Howard's eyes then began to wonder, mostly around the auditorium. His eyes landed on the curtains, before following up to... is that a guy up there?

"Hey Lei, take a gander at that." Howard said as he smirked, causally pointing upwards at a guy near the top of the auditorium.

HL860 Laser Sniper HL860 Laser Sniper AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot

"What about him? Want me to slice him off? Maybe just generally push him off? Ooooorrr i could shake the stuff he's on to make him fall..." She giggled maniacally, figuring out all the ways she could cause trouble to John, her crazy smile fixed upon him.

The response to the little girl's giggling was a hard flick to her forehead.

"You want to get kicked out?" Howard said, aith slightly more energy then from before. "Be my guest. But I'd be disappointed to see you leave this soon."

He looked up at the guy again. "Besides...don't think you have enough to shake that, nor do I think you have a plan on getting up there to do any one of those first suggestions."

"Ow..." She whimpered from the flick. "Relax... Nobody would know... Watch..." She put the kunai away, placing down a much smaller Combat Knife. She made it slither across the floor, sliding up to the ceiling with stealth. It slid along to John, slowing down as it approached to create less noise. It was in position. "Say you're sorry for flicking me!"

Soon, a man walked into the stage, headmaster of Phoenix Academy: Oscar Rourke. Standing at 6'4 with tousled silver hair coupled an almost enchanting pair of green eyes. His outfit mainly consists of an unzipped black suit over a buttoned vest and white shirt. He also wears black dress shoes and long, grey pants.

He approached the microphone, pushing up his glasses. "Hello. Some of you may know me, some of you may not, but allow me to introduce myself. My name is Oscar Rourke, your headmaster here at Phoenix. Let me be the first to say..." there was a long pause "you have a long way to go. This school is not easy. Many drop out. It is difficult to be a true hero to the people. However it is not impossible...

You have traveled here today in search of knowledge--to hone your craft and acquire new skills. And when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose – direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step towards greatness. Greatness in knowing that, when the world needed help, you were the ones to reach out your hand. It won't come without hardship, without sacrifice. You all signed up for this academy- you all have your dreams. At this school we can help you achieve this goal, your dreams. At this school you will be tested. At this school you will grow. At this school you will learn.

At this school. All are expected to serve humanity... and never succumb to the darkness. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your evening. Class starts tomorrow at 8:00, until then. Explore and have fun"
he looked up directly and John. "Not too much fun... Please come down, how are you supposed to make friends behaving like a scared cat?" He smirked "Now then. Do any of you have questions?"
(*Insert everyone's tag*
((Also I totally stole part of this speech from RWBY but fucking sue me. *grumbles and walks away* speeches are hard...

John smiled when he was called out. "Well, I'm sure all eyes are on me now" he looked directly below him and saw empty space. "perfect" he slid off the pipe and laned striking the famous hero stance with his fist striking the ground. "I have a question, How are you doing today?" Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

While they were distracted, Lei returned the knife to her, coming back the same stealthy way. "Note to self... Listen to you..." She stood up, stretching "So i guess we just make friends around the school? Sounds like fun!" She smiled

Thompson Wright

Thanking her for with a nod for holding the door once he entered into the large auditorium, he looked precisely at the whole place with satisfactions. He walked faster upon the stairs after noticing that Saoirse was going far as he was amazed by the place. After catching up, he sat next to Saoirse with a short peek in at her and around. "What i said before wasn't mean, trust me. It just that nowadays peoples tend to use those kind of words aggresively."

He was really thinking it. After that the the speech of the headmaster was over, a gigantic smile was on his face along his eyes sparkling with fire. "Do you feel ready for this year Saoirse ? I feel fired up." He said with a friendly tone, but that was before a student did a landing. "Is it becoming a mode today ?"

Tag : merveille merveille

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

Saoirse gave a small nod to Thompson's words. She didn't think of his words as rude but she didn't like revealing much about herself. It was just how she acted and she saw no problem with that. Perhaps she should've opened up a little more and stopped being indifferent to everyone. Maybe, but Saoirse saw no need to.

She looked upwards at the stage to see Headmaster Rouke. She watched with great intent as he gave an empowering and confident speech directed towards the sea of students in the seats below. She heard many isolated but loud that soon dissolved when the headmaster apparently looked up at a student sitting on one of the pipes. Saoirse didn't even realize him until the headmaster did and all eyes were on him. She watched as he slipped off the pipes and landed in an ostentatious fashion. She heard a few chuckles and high-pitched giggles behind her, as well as loud whispering. All she could do was roll her eyes. "Well, that was very . . . dramatic," she said out loud, her words not directed towards anyone in particular.

Interacting with: Thompson ( Chachalotte Chachalotte )
Mentions: AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot

Headmaster Rourke smiled "good." He answered John.

Raven looked at Reign standing up, she clapped her hands together once.
"Well! Let's go!" With that, she promptly left the amphitheatre. Going over to the dorm, as she walked with a skip in her step.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There (and anyone else who wants to interact.)

Reign was a bit behind Raven, catching a wonderful view of the scenery even as she kept her sight forward. She had to admit that there must have been a lot of effort keeping it in such a fine shape. "Sounds like we're going to have a lot of time on our hands, with classes starting tomorrow... Is there anything that you want to look for or see?" Reign scratched behind her ear, thinking about anything she would want to see. "... The only thing I'd want to look for is a pool. Swimming is great~" Well, I do need to find a part time job as soon as possible, though...

Rerri Rerri (Or anyone else in the amphitheater, or still in it)
Ezra listened with rapture before hearing that what they were doing was wasting energy. How was one wasting energy when one needed to survive in the wild? Wild animals will attack if the opportunity is presented to them and having a means of defense isn't wasting energy. Her vectors didn't use much energy when at the lowest vibration and even then, she could easily rip someone's head off if she wanted to but she wouldn't do that. People needed to be defended and Gerrant just looked confused at what the human said to everyone.
"This one doesn't understand why we are wasting energy. In the wild, survival means doing everything in your power to be fit and able to make it through certain seasons. So, this one thinks she isn't wasting energy but she doesn't know much about what fellow humans except from her. Gerrant is as confused as she when coming to a conclusion to the man's speech. Starci, what do you think?"
She muttered to herself before speaking softly to Price.

John stood up smiling. He loved attention. He heard all the voices after he landed and was even more thrilled. John looked around for anyone that he might enjoy talking to. "Any takers on possibly becoming my friend? I also have an open bed in my dorm that could be claimed". He began walking towards the door to go exploring.
Anyone Anyone .

Raven couldn't help but smirk. "Do you just want to see me in a bikini?" She teased Reign before stopping. "Uhm.... you wanna go do.... somthing... I don't exactly know what the headmaster meant by "fun" to be honest"
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There
(Short post but I'm not good at adding too much detail to casual conversation

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

Saoirse made a small sound of disgust and shook her head slightly. She didn't really feel the need to make friends like this guy apparently did. It seemed that he actually liked being the center of attention. She couldn't fathom who could possibly enjoy being watched by so many people, much less be unembarrassed to make such a scene. She hoped she wouldn't have to room with this guy and she shook her head again at the thought of it. She emitted a small sigh before looking around.

"I'll . . . just go find my dorm. Nice talking to you, Thompson," she said with a rather light expression on her face, giving his shoulder a friendly pat. She wasn't much of a smiler or a hugger, but at the same time, she usually wasn't too friendly with others, so she thought that a pat was acceptable at the least. She exited the auditorium and walked to find her dorm. "Okay, so my dorm number is . . . 103. So the top level. There's probably a nice view up there," she said to herself as she walked up the long trail of stairs to her dorm room. Twisting the key inside the door, she opened it and realized that someone had already been in here, her roommate, obviously. She sighed anxiously before putting the key in her pocket and putting her things on the bed that was obviously untouched.

Interacting with: Thompson (briefly; Chachalotte Chachalotte )

( AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot I hope you don't mind if Saoirse shares her dorm with John. They just seem like such opposites and I couldn't resist!)

(I was about to pm you asking to be roommates XD)
John walked towards the front entrance of the building. Exiting through the doors, he stood and stretched. Looking around, he didn't notice anyone. "Cool no one here to see me yet. Don't go full dragon please" he let his wings loose and thrusted into the air. He flew back to his house and grabbed his most important belongings including his guitar. When he got close to the school, he became normal again and dropped from the sky. Coming to a running stop, he opened the doors and walked to his dorm room. He was hoping to see another person when he walked in. He turned the key and walked right in. He walked over to his bed before noticing another person standing there. "Oh hey, my bad didn't notice you there" he said smiling holding a hand behind his head.
merveille merveille

Unexpectedly I'm not the first one to make a jab? Reign was a bit puzzled by Raven's tease, since she had never been on the receiving end. Well, it was to be expected since being gay had only recently gained acceptance where she lived in Germany. However, rather than let herself get stopped by the slight shock, she decided to play along. Reign quickly advanced to in front of Raven, walking backwards with a smirk. "While I can't deny that Raven in a bikini would be a sight to see... Although, it's a problem if you don't know what 'fun' is." Reign winked at Raven. "Anyways, I really do enjoy swimming, you know?" However, Reign quickly lost the smirk after the fun was had and turned around, thinking seriously on the question of what to do. "What to do... Well, to be honest, I have a lot of things I need to do, and not a lot I want to do. My power needs a lot of money to sustain, you know? Since I'm not some lawless villain, I can't go around stealing diamonds and pencils to use the carbon from. Plus, I'm going to be buying ingredients to cook myself. So I need to find a job nearby. Swimming would be nice, but I actually don't have a bathing suit on me, and it's still up in the air if there even is a pool."

"... I guess, in terms of fun, that leaves playing games, maybe even with a few others?"
Reign came to the conclusion, but she didn't really want to go out of her way to meet people before classes started. It would be easier to socialize in a preset environment, after all. Going around and knocking on doors wasn't her thing.

Unless there were hot girls, but there's already one present and there's no need for more than one.

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

Saoirse was setting her things up when she heard the door open suddenly, causing a rush of cool air, while her back was turned. She heard a voice that sounded extremely familiar for some reason and with anxiety surging through her, she turned around quickly. She knew that voice sounded familiar. Are you serious? Are you actually fucking serious? she thought, her mouth slightly parted and her eyes wide as if she had seen a ghost. How could this happen? Sure, she was obviously judging the guy way too early, but she didn't care. Why did he have to room with her? Was it too late to receive a different key? She shouldn't have even asked herself that, there was no way she could get any set of keys, not when they were assigned to every student specifically.

"Oh. . . Hello," she said in her usual calm drawl, except her voice was lower than before. She shook her head slightly at his apology. "No. It's fine," she kept her answer very short and simple. She honestly didn't know why he was apologizing, but it was a polite thing to do anyway. She felt a bit bad for all the negative thoughts buzzing around her head about this guy. But she didn't feel that bad. She sat on the bed and plugged her phone cord into the electrical socket and plugged in her phone. She also took out a pair of earbuds along with a pair of drumsticks that she had in the bag she brought along with her and placed them on the bedside table next to her. She looked up at him for a moment before inserting the ear buds into her phone. "I would appreciate if I could be granted with a bit of peace and quiet," she said in a low and slightly annoyed tone. It was quite harsh, but she would rather be blunt than pretend to be buddy-buddy with someone who, to her, seemed like an attention whore.

Interacting with: John ( AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back