• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Phoenix Academy: School for future heros! (IC closed)

Duke of Doge

Professional disappointment.
It was the first official day of Phoenix Academy. The new students were instructed to:
1) Go to the Main Office
2) Get your class schedule for the rest of the year, also your dorm Number.
(schedule doesn't really matter, all our characters will have homeroom and combat training together because plot. Message each other in OOC if you want to have a shared dorm with a character.)
3) meet in the auditorium for welcoming remarks and further instruction

Handy Links:
OOC: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/paffh-ooc.348583/
CS: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/phoenix-academy-school-for-future-heros-cs-closed.348523/
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Rerri Rerri @An Abandoned Wonderland HL860 Laser Sniper HL860 Laser Sniper Chachalotte Chachalotte RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 merveille merveille Elekta Kount Elekta Kount (tagging everyone who showed interest even if their Characters are not done. We'll start the actual RP once thats done. Until then just hang out in OOC)

Raven Sayre was, admittedly, more than a little early. Students were supposed to arive at 8:30. It was 6:50 when the black haired artist arrived on campus. Having already said goodbye to her parents, Raven felt ready to take the first step towards becoming a hero. If only she wasn't screaming on the inside. This school is not easy. Not by a long shot. Raven took a breath of the morning air, adjusted the strap on her tan satchel slung over her right shoulder. This held all of her drawings and paper. On her back, a backpack with normal school items and a long tube that held, yep, even more paper. It's just large paper for large creations. Her left hand held her suitcase full of personal belongings.

Raven entered the courtyard of the school, with a large decorative fountain in the center, and trees all around, with a few benches. She mostly ignored the scenery and walked straight towards the main office, which was labeled with a large sign. She had a sense of drive in her step... once inside, she got in the short-ish line and waited for her turn.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Rerri Rerri @An Abandoned Wonderland HL860 Laser Sniper HL860 Laser Sniper Chachalotte Chachalotte RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 merveille merveille Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Reign woke up at 7:14 with a big yawn, carbon dust forcing her back off of the comfortable bed. A fool-proof method to keep herself from falling back asleep, as long as she had the will to stay awake in those first few moments. "... I can't say it's the best time, but it'll do." Her dull, lifeless voice sounded out with English speech, proof that she wasn't fully awake. She walked around like a drunk, throwing on clothes she had prepared the night before, packing her pj's, and having carbon dust work on brushing her teeth and hair. Everything done in a mere ten minutes, she stretched as her long auburn hair was tied into a ponytail behind her, with the assistance of mirrors. "Having lots of hands is really great~ Truly, such a skill makes me a cheat in life!"

When she went downstairs with a duffel bag on her back, she waved at the woman who was wedded to the inn's manager, giving a light greetings. After handing her room keys to the woman she hurriedly headed to the small breakfast area, picking up a piece of toast and some strawberry jam that she hurriedly spread over it. "Bye~! It was nice staying here!" She ran out of the inn, toast in mouth. Trope achieved, romantic encounter inbound~ There was a bus stop a few blocks away to the right that she could use to get to the school, but before she turned the corner she stopped. This trope only works encountering males, riiight. The next moment, the toast was consumed, and she covertly flipped her own stomach off. "Damn you, giving me false hope only to try and lure me into a trap... Burn in hell for eternity..."

After her sudden spout, Reign turned the corner and boarded the bus.

After a bit of walking, Reign arrived to the courtyard at 8:03 "Ahh... What a long line. Maybe I should have aimed to get here sooner?" She muttered this to herself, but quickly shrugged and got in line. Then I would have lost a bit of beauty sleep~ A minor loss to keep something major~

(Open for interaction)

Howard Ngo, guy of gas, was just casually strolling down the roads early moring with a sling backpack on his back and earbuds in his, well, ears.

He'd gotten up pretty early, around 6:30. Some would call it anxiousness or excitement that came along the invitation to a, no, the hero academy. But really, for a guy like Howard, it's out of habit to get up this early.

It was about 6:52 when the young man entered the campus, he took a moment to push up his glasses and observe the scenery, mainly the directory, before heading for the main office.

Today, was the day he finally did this, finally to step out in the world, and make a decision that was worth while...

Least that he thought, as he opened the door to the main office, before quietly getting in line behind the black haired girl carrying a tube of sorts last in line. Howard wasn't really paying much attention, staring off ahead at the wall as the line shortened.

Lei rushed through Campus, despite not needing to be in a Hurry. She ran to the main office, before stopping behind Howard. She waited for a little bit, before already getting impatient. "Ugh... Waiting..." She began to jog in place, her swords clacking on her back a little, enough of a distraction for anybody.

Thompson Wright

Wandering across the school's field, it was in no time that's Thompson arrived at his destination. He wasn't tired that much and his excitement was extreme. How much interesting and funny things he could do there...

After reaching what was looking like the main place, someone bumped him and excused himself. "It's ok, don't worry about it." Thompson smiled with his most appealing expression but wasn't really pleased by this. After the bumping guy was going to get on the line, Thompson secretly moved the shadow of the guy, making his movements looking like he pushed away a girl next to him. As the boy and girl started to take a harsh conversation, he smirked with satisfaction. Two places were gained as he moved in the line.

Raven was tapping her foot. Now there was agruing, great, there goes the peace and quiet. She groaned, at least it was her turn at the desk. "Name?" The receptionist asked. "Raven Sayre" her voice was mellow and smooth. "You'll be in room 109" (was my locker number in middle school) Raven took the key and walked quickly out the door and into the courtyard, sitting on a bench, she opened her journal and started to doodle.
(Open for interaction)

Ezra Artemidoros gave a smile at looking at the building that would be her new home until she graduated to be in the cold world again. She had gotten up with the sun and hunted for her food for the day. While she had interacted with people many times before, she was oft left alone in the woods with only the wild life for company and hence she meet her partner, Gerrant. Gerrant hooted at her and she nodded, knowing they needed to be in the line to get things done. She jumped down from the tree she had sat in and walked to the line, having changed from furs to flexible clothes and some flats to wear, though the later was in her hands.
(open for interactions~!)

Howard hadn't been paying attention until the girl in front of him moved and it was hi so turn.

The interaction was just as short as the person who was just in front of him, he gave his name and they gave him his room keys.

Howard walked out, clipping his new keys to a key ring that held an assortment of keychains, before pocketing it. He took out his phone next and looked at the time, it was about 6:58 a.m., plenty of time before he had to anything of real significant.

So he did what anybody in his generation did: use his electronics.

Howard found himself in the courtyard, looking about for a moment he saw a number of people about, including the black haired girl.

He soon found a place to sit, before grabbing out of his bag a laptop and opened it. Howard was sitting on top of a bench, his legs off of the ground and crisscrossed.

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

Saoirse Mac Eoghain had gotten up early at around 7:00 AM as her parents would not allow her to wake up any later. It was mostly their loud scurrying, frantically loud speech, and clanging of pots and pans that had awakened her so early in the morning, but the alarm clock helped as well. She was a late sleeper and she was tired, but she had to get ready. Getting out of bed groggily, she took a shower and hurriedly brushed her teeth and combed through her lifeless and limp white hair. She put on a knee-high black dress with some black flats.

With quiet thumps, she calmly walked down the stairs to see her parent seeming anxiously agitated and exchanging near-shouts. They were usually like this during a big event and they saw Saoirse going to the academy as a truly big event. Her little brother, Carlin, seemed bright-eyed, getting ready for school as he had his backpack and lunch packed. She was internally a bit anxious, which was not common for her, but at the same time, how could she not? She was on the path to becoming a hero, but with that came great responsibility and great risk as well. She tried not to think on it too much, knowing it would reside. The family of 4 said their proper goodbyes the night before, knowing the next day would be very busy for everyone, and Carlin seemed to handle it quite well. Her parents seemed to pay little attention to her as she grabbed a small granola bar from the pantry to head out.

Saoirse jogged to the school, which wasn't necessarily too far and provided a bit of a workout for her. She thought better when she ran for some reason and she didn't get tired as easily as a normal human would. She gazed at the courtyard, the fountain, and other details in the scenery. Not taking too much time to look around, she walked into the main office and got in the rather long line. Apparently, there were many people who were also chosen, which gave her a slight feeling of reassurance. She wouldn't be the center of the attention, which was a good thing. She ended up behind a girl with large swords dangling and clanking behind her. Her expression turned uneasy, but she tried to keep calm as she gulped a bit. She despised blades of any kind, but she didn't want to seem like she was making a scene or overreacting, so she kept calm.

Lei rushed up to the desk "Name's Lei Brookham!" She waited to get her Keys. She eventually got them, running out to the Courtyard, looking around. She then ran up to Howard, plopping down next to him "Hiya!". She was very jumpy and excited for the day... A little too jumpy and excited for the day.

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

The girl in front of Saoirse was extremely enthusiastic and a bit loud in her opinion. Saoirse was next in line and approached the receptionist, whose eyes were large, friendly, and expectant. "Saoirse Mac Eoghain," she said in a calm, low voice with a thick British accent. The receptionist nodded and gave her the keys to her dorm. She nodded in thanks and walked to the pretty courtyard. It was quite a nice space with flowers and trees and she found an empty bench to sit on. She wondered who her roommate would be and hoped they wouldn't be a loud and boisterous partier who couldn't respect her need for peace and quiet.

Reign walked forward, glad that her wait was finally over. It had taken a solid ten minutes of looking around. Several beautiful faces went through her vision, but she wasn't able to leave the line to talk to them and it was pure torture. She didn't want to lose her spot in line, after all, it would mean even more waiting. "Name?" "Reign Kaiser." Reign gave a brief answer, allowing the clerk (but mostly her) to get through with it just a bit faster. "Room 109. Here's the key." Reign took the key and walked away.

Hm~ The girl in front of me didn't look too bad, had a British accent too, but I'm not really into white hair... So, how about the opposite instead? Blacky, here I come!
Reign's eyes locked onto her unfortunate target, not realizing that she was about to go 'associate' with her roommate.

"Hi there." Reign walked towards Raven, trying to catch her attention. Reign squatted down in front of her, pointing at the notebook. "What are you drawing in there?"

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Howard's face could only be described as jumped, nearly falling over by the speed of the girl plopping down. Even with his earbuds in he could clearly hear what the girl said as it was practically shouted at him.

It took Howard a few secounds of blinking to regain his composure, before looking at said girl. He wasen't smiling, but he wasn't frowning either, instead his face had reverted from startled back to its netural stance. H

He took off his earbuds he gave the girl a little wave as he held his earbuds.

"Hey." He said in a monotone voice.

Ezra stood in line as Gerrant sat on her shoulder, though how a great horned owl sat on a person's shoulder with little difficulty was unknown, and began to subconsciously use her vectors to pass the time. At low vibration, they went through everything and caused no damage to anyone though it would cause some faint sensation of something there to those who couldn't see her vectors.

Raven glanced up 'Did that girl just come out of a tree? How long had she been up there?' she paused to consider it. Continuing her sketch soon after, occasionally checking the time. It was good. Until.

"Hi there. What are you drawing in there?"
'fuck... a person' Raven looked up and spun her sketchbook around, it was a drawing of Howard, who had been sitting across the courtyard from Raven, she also started to add Lei. The sketch was nothing more than a few guidelines and a outline of the things around them. "is that all you were curious about? or..." she tilted her head a bit a the the girl.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

"What are you listening to? Is it cool?" She asked, looking like a Curious Child. She didnt notice anything else about him, now completely focused on the Earbuds and him generally. The craziness now visible in her eyes.

The guy just shrugged, taking the other earbud ou of his ears and offered it to her.

He he had noticed the way the little girl was looking at her as well as the massive swords on her back, but I wonder if you'd be surprised if he said he meet crazier.

She grabbed the earbud, putting it in her ear, getting a listen. (She has a modern taste) "Hm..." She tilted her head to the beat, but still studying the music. "You wanna check the baby out?" She was talking about the swords.

"I'm good." The guy said with a wave, before he went back to focusing onto his screen.

It seemed that the guy was having a conversation with somebody online.

Reign admired the sketch, comparing it to the work of her friend back in Germany. She honestly had to give it to the girl in front of her, it was slightly less sloppy than Beatrice's art. Although, such things were honestly beyond her understanding, and Reign had never really understood the compel of art either. I'm curious about the three divine numbers. "No, well, I would like to talk some, if you don't mind. It's kind of boring, since I don't have any fancy portable tech or a sketchpad and the necessary skills to entertain myself. Ah, and my name is Reign." Contrary to her purpose in approaching Raven, Reign spoke naturally without a care for where the conversation led. "So, how long have you been drawing? Even my friend couldn't draw that well, and she's been practicing for seven years. She might come close, but every minute detail matters a lot so you'd beat her by a long shot."

Reign admired the sketch, comparing it to the work of her friend back in Germany. She honestly had to give it to the girl in front of her, it was slightly less sloppy than Beatrice's art. Although, such things were honestly beyond her understanding, and Reign had never really understood the compel of art either. I'm curious about the three divine numbers. "No, well, I would like to talk some, if you don't mind. It's kind of boring, since I don't have any fancy portable tech or a sketchpad and the necessary skills to entertain myself. Ah, and my name is Reign." Contrary to her purpose in approaching Raven, Reign spoke naturally without a care for where the conversation led. "So, how long have you been drawing? Even my friend couldn't draw that well, and she's been practicing for seven years. She might come close, but every minute detail matters a lot so you'd beat her by a long shot."

Raven couldn't help but smile brightly at the compliment. "Thanks. I'm Raven." she said introducing herself, then putting down her textbook, she could never draw knowing someone was watching her. she held her chin for a moment, thinking. "I started drawing when I was five... I think... after ' discovering my power. It was really the only option I had if I wanted to use it." 'unless it works on my reflection...' she shuddered at the thought of it... but shook it off and turned back to Reign. "lets just say I make art pop" she looked away from the girl and to the courtyard. Raven Didnt exactly like talking, but right now she didn't have a choice.

"Are you popular online? Also that music's pretty cool." She happily did a tiny dance to the song "Oh silly me! I'm Lei! My power is Magnetism! Don't wanna screw up your device though..."

Reign smiled when she saw Raven smile and introduce herself. "Both of our names start with R's, huh~ Still, it's remarkable that you found your power at five. I only awakened mine last year." Reign tapped her finger on her chin, mulling over something. It looked like she was being playful, but she was actually, seriously thinking. Isn't it fine to show off a bit with my power? It's not like anybody here is a villain, or they wouldn't be in this academy. Yeah, I'm just needlessly worrying. It's not like showing off would show my biggest weaknesses, anyways. Slowly, black sand started falling to the ground from the duffel bag on her back. "So, whenever you say you make art pop... Do you mean like this?" The sand that had accumulated into a decent pile sprung out, forming the phrase "Pop!" in the air between the two. Reign giggled a bit at the joke, before even seeing Raven's reaction.

Raven blinked at the display reaching out and poking it "what even is this?" she asked, rubbing some of the substance between her fingers.
once she gave her answer Raven spoke once more.
"no... by pop I mean. uhhh..." she flipped through her notebook. stopping at a drawing of a butterfly, then she slowly peeled the drawing off the paper as if it was a sticker. Then with a flick of her wrist, it was a 3D pencil drawn butterfly, resting on her finger, idly moving it wings back and forth. "cool huh?"
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Users who are viewing this thread

Back