• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Persona: Seekers of Truth

Blanche

That One Guy
It started on a normal day, in the small undescript town of Enigmus. Students were entering the start of a new school year. Every thing was going normal as they had always been.

However, one day a report of a missing councilman when he visited Enigmus. News was stirring about the incident. The councilman by the name Aiden Commencia was visiting when he mysteriously dissapeared, when in 10 days after his dissapearance, his body was found mysteriously crucified on a cross at a local cemetery with a mirror placed at the foot of the cross.

This was the most exciting thing to happen in the town as everyone was abuzz. Though life went on and school was starting. The unsolved case still loomed over the heads of the town, and it certainly wasn't over.

Anyways IM excited for this :P Tell me what you guys think! I have quite a bit planned. This is based on Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series btw

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested! I love Persona, and I've always had a few ideas. I know it's not a norm in the series, but would it be alright to make a female emperor?

Edit: Not like an Empress; trust me, I have my reasons =w=

@LeoRadomir Yeah the game's just need you to grind a lot, I only ever beat Persona 3 and 4

I shall join, with the hype of P5 coming in march I am more then ready.

@Mat Blanche Imagine a girl who doesn't really know how to be 'girly'. Sort of a combination of Kanji and Naoto, with a pinch of Shinjirou. All in all, not the nicest person in the beginning.

Hanakai said:
@Mat Blanche Imagine a girl who doesn't really know how to be 'girly'. Sort of a combination of Kanji and Naoto, with a pinch of Shinjirou. All in all, not the nicest person in the beginning.
Gona be honest, that sounds pretty dman awesome.

Orikanyo said:
Gona be honest, that sounds pretty dman awesome.
that's going to be awkward but amusing i'm thinking of a guy hows a peace keeper but knows when to get down and dirty

[QUOTE="Mat Blanche]NEver watched it, it just looks like a bunch of fanservice...

[/QUOTE]
yes in one respect but smashing zombies can be a lot of fun

Hanakai said:
Nah. Zombie smashing's fun, but that anime... no.
There meant to be a second season but a guy i know says the creator is dead after the first i can't blame some for the anime it started off great then went down little by little.

Yea.... its really big in the fanservice department, to put it nicely.

regardless, back to the topic at hand, I'm not fully quite certain what I shall go with, though @Mat Blanche 5-7, while a good number of folk, is rather large for the style that persona brings forth. While I'm certain you want a good sized group, these days people are flaky as all unholy hell.

Again, its just a recommendation, if you have this planned out for alot of people thats all well and good and you do you before you think of taking up my suggestions.

its more a matter of keeping a close eye on people being stuck with the brick wall. "The brick wall" as in a person who just disappears and prevent a scene from going forward, yes they usually have a reason, but we've all had to say "yea irl comes first" while you sit there staring at a screen for a week.

yea its kinda cynical of me, but giving people a dead line before somebody can come in and save the poor sod whos stuck is acceptable enough.

I'm just putting it out there, I've seen enough prospective rps go down the drain to know what starts it, hell if you need to recruit again, do it, this is a type of hobby that you need to do abit of footwork with and be ready to crank out stuff at times, sadly, not many people remember this and things start out strong, but then quiockly crash and burn due to folks being unable to commit.

i'm tired of seeing people's work go to waste, god forbid folks look ahead in their schedules.

thats all, my rants done, take it or leave it, up to you.

All being said and done, I am willing to fufill whatever role we need, if there is to be a fool, i warn that person to hold caution, for they may be a fool, but that doesn't mean you are the main character.

@Orikanyo Yeah I understand that. I guess I was trying to have the number of people in rp be around the main cast of the game (which is usually like 8)

I've seen a lot of rps end due to random dissapearances, and it's annoying as hell. I guess for this rp I want people who can be available.

Anyways how much people would you pick for the RP?

Well, its a matter on how many you think you can have them around reliably. problem is, you can't really tell that from just seeing a person, just how that is.

that leaves us with a filter of sorts, have a specific criteria people have to match, rules but have them felxible for people who have legitimate issues and come to the group first before they have to do said thing.

being detailed is a form of filter already, those who aren't ready to put some work into their posts may feel they shouldn't join a detailed rp.

You can have a many people as you wish, could view a larger group having more of a safety net, though with a person game folks tend to always want to seem in the linelight, so a larger group may see people drop off because they are.. bored. its a legitmate excuse to leave of course, no one these days will admit that, but it is there.

3-5 is generally a solid group. (had the same thought as I was writing this up Hana)

The rules I find that work are generally on the lines of.

You have atleast a week between posts before we will contact you to see if you are still willing or able to continue.

a minimum paragraph count helps keep quality high enough.(this IS detailed after all)

In general don't be afraid to put your foot down should a person have up and left, check on them, see how their doing, but if they straight up ignore you drop em and try recruiting another person, if they come back applogizing let em back in, tell them the story, even if one person is there to replace, doesn't mean you should turn them away fully.

Maybe in the character sheet have them list off some interesting traits, soemthing funny like their favorite pets or maybe their social clique inn the school, if you make them create the character to be more human, they will be more invested in it. Plus it makes reading character sheets more interesting~! Since it can end up like being a teacher correcting student's school work if it's just bland.

Multiple characters is a thing, some people are hesitant to do them, personally it allows more freedom, have the option, but don't assume they will just understand that they can, make it noted somewhere so the seed of thought is planted.

And thats pretty much what i got for now.

Man... this advisory stuff makes me feel like I should go something like that for the character.... hmmm....

@Orikanyo Advisory type would be perfect for you xD . But yeah there's a lot of variables that go into doing an rp with a larger group, so 3-5 it is. As for Mininum paragraph I don't want to make people post too much to the point that it's just filler, but not too little.

Does min 2 paragraphs sound good? (at least 4 sentences per paragraph)

I'm gonna put quite a bit of thought into the CS. I don't think multiple characters is neccesary for a group of 3-5.

Thanks lol, I shall work on the thread soon!

hmm... justice arcana?

or maybe borrow*cough*steal*cough* @Hanakai 's idea and do a male empress? Snooty and uptight? (if you'll let me hana that is, please don't shoot me its a good idea oh GOD PLEASE DON'T!)

@Orikanyo No problem :3 Its always interesting to have characters that fall outside the norm. But I call 98% of any profit you make from using said character.

@Leo Radomir Scales? Tarot doesn't have a Scales card. Do you mean Temperance or Justice?

EDIT: Femperor and Manpress FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back