• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Persona 6: The Roleplay

It was the first day of school. In fact school was about to start in a about an hour or so. As the bright sunlight cast itself over the multi story building,the school's glass windows gleamed brilliantly.

As students could be seen all over,making thier way into the building. From ones and two to larger groups of six or more. The happy chatter of the school children could be heard from all over.

"So this is it huh? Tobihima High." Ace said inhaling and then sharply exhaling.

He approched the gates,cruising through them and got to the bottom of the large steps leading into the school.

"High is no joke I guess" he said flashing his trademark grin.

Romeria looked up from her position at the entrance gate to the school, doing her best to swallow down her trepidation. This was all going to be fine; she just needed to some how pass her classes, focus on her volleyball skills, and then she will be done with the place. Easy enough. And if she plays her cards well, she could have friends without anyone knowing her gnawing little secret.

She spun the volleyball she carried on her finger, returning some of the looks she received with a bright smile. Her appearance was not the average for a Japanese student, but she expected the looks at first. Her father was a military officer from America, he having fallen in love with her mother while he was stationed in Okinawa. After completing his years of service, they had moved back to Japan. She had inherited her father's European features, which worked out well since she needed his height for volleyball.

She was about to decide between going inside to find her class or attempting to make friends when another student bumped into her. The volleyball fell from her hands, and she darted after it yelling her apologies to anyone she got in the way of.

Makoto walked quietly to the high school, taking the same route she had taken for years previously and now became mechanical. Usually a return to school gave her a mix of excitiment and nervousness at seeing friends and what the next school year would bring. Now she felt numb to itl in the mood for nothing more than just laying on her bed and stare at the ceiling.

She still kept her standard light smile on her face, her mother teaching about keeping up appearances still ingrained in her mind. She greeted some of the girls she knew with feign happiness and interest she had always used and walked towards their class. She was briefly interupted as she felt a ball go past her and girl brush past her. The girl tall athletic build and brown hair struck her immediately and Makoto watched her as she fumbled with ball. "You alright there?" She called out.

She heard someone call out to her, and she looked up to see a pretty girl with glasses looking at her. This served as enough of a distraction for the ball to slip further away, which Romeria noticed a little late. Her long legs and a full out run allowed her to catch up to the ball, and Romeria jumped in front of it so it rolled into her hands when she bent down.

Now with her favorite ball back in her grasp, she made her way back to the girl who had called out to her. She was even prettier up close. Cool and calm, girl. Don't even start, just admire from afar. On second thought, don't even do that. She tucked the ball under her arm and grinned at Makoto, laughing off her embarrassment at how ridiculous she had to have looked.

"I'm fine, thanks, just taking the ball for its daily walk. Have to make sure it keeps up it's figure," she joked with another round of genuine laughter. "I just transferred to this school, so you are the very first person I have met. My name's Romeria, what's yours?"

Makoto could not suppress a small chuckle at the comedic scene that followed when the girl acknowledge her. She clapped as Romeria returned as if cheering an athlete for a great feet. Taking in more of the girl, she was pretty too Makoto could not help but notice and the laugh though awkward was cute.

"Good, few take the time to do that for there ball. That will give the school the edge it needs in the volleyball back."She said chuckling as well, her most genuine laugh she had in months. She offered her hand. ""Makoto, pleasure meeting you Romeria-san. I hope you enjoy your time here, it is a good school to be a part of. What class are you in?"

"Well if that is the attitude of the players around here, I guess I'll just have to carry the team," she teased with a mock sigh. She reached out and grasped Makoto's hand gently, her grin still in place. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, though you can just call me Romeria if you want. I'll be honest, I don't even have my schedule memorized yet," she admitted a bit sheepishly as she shifted the ball in her arms in order to take a look at the piece of paper in her hand. "Looks like I am in Mr. Shinoharu's class." Romeria put the schedule away and looked up at Makoto with wide blue eyes. "Is that good or bad?"

Her gaze moved to the students milling around them then back to Makoto. "While I'm sure that I'll enjoy my time here if everyone is as friendly as you are, Makoto-san, is there anything I should be wary of?" Romeria was sure that she could make it through anything the school had to throw at her, and do so with a smile, but it was easier to deal with an obstacle if it was expected. Like her abysmal scores in any subject requiring reading. She already knew that she was going to be borderline passing those classes, and she had already accepted that fact. Just like she had accepted that her parents were going to be angry that she wasn't making stellar grades even with a change in scenery.

Makoto shook Romeria hand gingerly before shrugging. "I am afraid i will use the honorifics anyway... It is just how i am taught." She admitted as as Romeria checked for her schedule raising an eyebrow at the mention of the teacher. "Well its good in the sense that we are sharing the same home room but bat because Shinoharu-san is.. Well..." She paused evidently trying to find the right words to use about the teacher. "Old fashioned...From what i hear he is... A little paranoid of all students thinking them as walking sex hormones and troublemakers. He rants alot to but you can head him of before he really get going and get him back on topic."

She than tried to think of other things to know about the school. "Apart from Shinoharu-San... Not a lot, this is fine school... Maybe a couple of students and teachers are a tad... Weary of people of not full Japanese decent like yourself but are mostly harmless. Most you just have to have a sharp tongue back at them." She pointed out tentatively. "Where are you from, if i can ask?"

Ace glanced over to his left noticing a ball bouncing in his direction as he watched a girl grab the ball and begin speaking with another.

He figured it'd be a good experience to get in some socializing on his first day and approached the two, his hands cupped behind his head,arms folded at the elbows.

"Hey how's it hanging? You guys in Shinoharu's homeroom as well?" He flashing a toothy smile,oozing boyish charm.

"Nothing is, we are girls after all." Makoto said jokingly turning to look at the other new student approach them. There was a brief feeling of annoyance flare in Makoto at the new man, seemingly driving a small wedge between her and Romeria. Like he was competition but Makoto shook that thought of, she knew better that to think of relationships now. Her orientation caused too much trouble already and is not like she had anything to offer anymore. "Yes we are. I am Makoto. Wow, this place has suddenly become very international recently this is nice."

"I guess I'll accept that for now, but then we'll see," she teased with a wink. Makoto was very nice and informative, filling her in on the great time she was going to have with their teacher. "Hmm, that's all well and good, but how do I make him go on such a long tangent that he forgets to give actual lectures?" she asked, mischief in her eyes. Unfortunately for her, that would probably mean that he would make them read their books at home which, considering her disability, wasn't going to be happening.

At the mention of her non-Japanese parentage, Romeria did her best to keep the same easy smile. "I'm afraid I'm not that great at cutting people with words; so maybe I can just make them laugh and forget that they distrust me instead. And yeah, you can ask anything you want. Nothing too scandalous going on here!" So not true, but a little white lie didn't hurt anyone. She needed to make friends, not have them run away in disgust that she found them attractive. "My father is a retired Marine from America. I went to school both there and on base at Camp Mctureous, but my parents thought it would be a good experience for me to study with other students off the base." Or just wanted to get her away from the rumors and try to restore her reputation.

When Ace approached, Romeria gave a warm smile and a shake of the head. "I'm Romeria, it is nice to meet you." She was glad that so far she had met two nice people who were going to be in class with her

Ace blushed slightly at the crude joke,before smiling at Romeria.

"Nah. Pleasure's all mi- he said beaming as he was suddenly cut off by a high pitched bell that could be heard throughout the school yard.

I hope that doesn't mean we're late" he said quickly pulling his backpack into both shoulders and waving for the girls to follow as he hustled inside.

Late on the first day. Now that's a joke

As he entered the class,he caught a few snide glances from the other students and some snickering could be heard as well amongst the usual gossipy chatter towards the back.

Grabbing a desk he was given no time to think as he was immediately assaulted by the teacher, who was a handsome man in his early 20's. Peering over his glasses at the boy he sharply closed the book he was copying to the chalkboard and approched the boy glaring as he learned over the student's desk.

If looks could kill he'd be dead.

"Late to the first homeroom? Let's not make that a habit shall we?"

"Do what you can. I am sure you will do fine." Makoto commented at Romeria before listening to Romeria's back story. Makoto's had only seen foreigners only a couple of times and most were middle aged people from her fathers work, nice to see some of her age. It was like they were something exotic for her couldnt help feel a little exited despite everything, it was strange as she did know there was any real differences despite appearances.

She smiled at Ace as he went to speak before hearing the bell. She cursed at the sound. "It is, lets go quick." She said hurriedly as she rushed through into the class room. Once inside a few of her friends waived her over but she remained behind and waited for the other two to settle in and sat by them. "Miss Takogami, i didnt miss you coming in." Said the teacher snidely. "What would your father say seeing you coming in late."

Makoto eyes narrowed but than forced a small smile. "Sorry sir."

Given her long stride and athletic ability, she could have made it to the class room quicker than her two new friends. That wasn't her style though, the teenager purposely keeping to a shorter stride to move at their speed. Like Makoto had mentioned, students were paying attention to the tall mixed race girl. Her height alone would have set her apart, her 6' frame towering over most of the girls her age. Romeria tried to ignore it as best she could, putting on a casual smile despite the churning doubt in her gut. Why did she get judge all of the time for things she couldn't control?

She took a seat between Ace and Makoto, her volleyball being slid under the desk. Oh boy, this guy was a winner. She did not like the tone he was using, and she saw the way Makoto's eyes narrowed. "It was my fault, sir, she was showing me where my class is because I became lost."

"Miss Montoya," he spat her name out, "I don't know how they behave where you come from, but here we value punctuality."

Romeria felt her heart rate quicken and tension develop in her arms and chest, but she displayed a bright smile. "Of course, sir, it won't happen again."

"See that it doesn't and you don't drag other people down with you."

Romeria let out the breath she had been holding once the attention was off her. This teacher was such a ray of sunshine.

Last edited:
7 hours later.....

Ace stretched as the final bell was echoed throughout the school. The day was finally over and he couldn't have been more overjoyed. Seeing as it was the first day,virtually no homework was given,and he was quick to realize the evening was his.

Stepping into his dorm for the first period of extended time,he glanced around. The only other time he been here was to drop off his things and as such there was a large pile of bags,books and clothes gathered by the front door. As he sorted through and began putting things in place,he opened his closet and stumbled upon a board game,or more accurately it stumbled upon him.

Upon opening his closet a large blue cardboard game box fell out onto his head. Rubbing the sore spot he reached down and picked up the game,flipping it over to face him.

"Persona...."

He said reading aloud as he glaced at the word spelled out in white lettering. He eyes closes as he tried to remember where he'd heard that word before. He quickly scooped his phone off the bed and googled it. Scrolling through the results, nothing was found to be conclusive to the games origin.

Having gotten thier numbers during the day, he quickly texted Romeria and Makoto.

Meet in my dorm. Room 324.

Shinorahu proved to be the only dampner to a fairly indifferent day, made more bearable for Makoto by her new friends. By the end, she felt in a better mood than she did in the past few weeks. Makoto was in was in the same dorm in a room above, surfing job sites on her laptop when she heard her phone chime. One thing about her disowning was she actually had free time, usually when she didn't have homework she had to assist her father in his work or have to get involved in her family''s gathering. She was unsure if she liked this or not, to always have something to do than suddenly not was jarring. True the free time wold not last long when homework pick up and she needed part time jobs to support herself and her future, she had at least some control of her schedule. Still she wished it didn't come at high a cost.

She checked the message and raised an eyebrow at the lack of detail in Ash's request. Secretive are we? Well will be there in five neighbor. She replied before checking for any other messages. Once back to the dorm, she had tried to get in contact with her sister, the only family member she had at least some contact with, but has yet to hear back from her. She sighed before closing her computer and stepprd out the door and down to Ash foor, dressed her casual grey tracksuit pants with pink lines on the legs, a white t-shirt and flip flops. Once at Ash's she knocked on the door. "Ash it's me."

The rest of the day for Romeria had been decent, her classes mostly just explaining the overview of the class. There was nothing she had to read, so the brunette was more than happy with the way the day was ending up. And hey, she had already made two friends. To brighten her day even more, the first practice of the season for volleyball had went well for Romeria. At least on the court she didn't have to worry about being judged for anything than her physical prowess, which she had in spades. It was after she had showered that she noticed that she had a text message from one of her new friends, the American, Ace.

On my way from the gym, she texted back once she was dressed in her casual jeans and t-shirt, a towel still over her shoulder due to her hair still being wet. She was later than Makoto to get to Ace's dorm, having had to cross the campus to get back to the dorms, but she hoped that she didn't make anyone wait too long for her. "I'm here, Ace," she called after knocking, her hands busying with drying her hair now that she had made it to her friend's dorm. The long locks were already starting to curl, much to Romeria's dismay. They would be a pain to deal with later.

Still in school uniform from excitement, he had been pacing in thought until they showed up. Opening the door upon hearing them. He grabbed them both pulling then inside and kicking the door closed behind him.

"You guys gotta check this out. He said pointing to the game box that was sitting in the bed.

"So I start rearranging my stuff righf? And this game just appears in my closet. I have no idea where it came from. It doesn't belong to me,so I assumed it was left by the previous dorm holder. I've never heard of a game called Persona before so I googled it and it came up with nothing, like the game doesn't even exist."

Ace started pacing in thought thinking aloud.

"Y'know this sounds alot like an American horror movie. It's exciting,what do you think we should do guys? Should we play it?"

"Long time on see, Rome..." Makoto went to say jokingly in English before the door opened and the two girls were dragged inside. She listened curiously at what Ash had to say. A mysterious board game that just suddenly appeared? Makoto had to admit she was doubtful. "You sure you didn't just didn't notice earlier? Possibly sometime the previous tenant forget to take with him...." She looked at the box curiously." Persona? Not something I had heard of before nor does it look like a normal board game."

She watched Ace excitement and was a little weary about trying it out but what was the worst that could happen? She shrugged." So if it is a horror movie things, you are willing to unleash whatever creature or curse within than and in front of us as well? That is nice of you." She said jokingly before looking at Romeria." So what do you think?"

Romeria glanced to the board game that Ace was explaining, a thin brow arching upwards incredulously. A board game just magically appearing out of nowhere. Like that kind of thing happened. It was probably something the previous owner left, possibly even made as a gag to spook the next owner of the dorm. Still, it was just a game, why would there be anything to fear from playing it?

At Makoto's comment, the brunette laughed. "He wouldn't want his friends to miss the experience. We would be totally jealous. I say we play it." She grinned and nudged Makoto, teasing her since she was being more reluctant than Ace and herself. "If you're afraid of something popping out, I'll protect you. You can even hide behind me when we open the box."

(Sorry it took me so long to post, I've been away from my computer for a few days. Busy with work and such)

Ace took a deep breath and exhaled.
"Alright let's do this"

He reached to the box,slowy lifting the top off. As he did so a blueish white smoke erupted from the box. The smoke filled the room quickly. He lost both his friends in a few seconds.

"Guys? Guys!?"

*Cough Cough*

"What is this?" Ace thought, his mind racing,eyes growing fogged and cloudy.

"It's time to forge a contract."

Ace turned slowly as the fog began to thin. Feeling a large presence behind,he looked to the highest point his eyes could see, through the smoke he could see a large throne and what looked like a large armored knight lounging on said throne.

A pair of eyes filled with determination and judgement stared at him coldly.

"We shall make you strong. Evolve you from your weak existence."

"W-w-who are you?" Ace stammered.

redroseknight redroseknight ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Last edited:
Makoto had laughed at Romeria''s comment finding her worry easy slightly and a greater liking of her new female friend. A decision made regarding the game decided with her being overruled, she tried to persuade herself once more it was just a game while she sat down with the others. The jumped at the sudden blue smoke and her head raced at the sudden appearance of the knight with that booming voice. "What the... We are in a horror movie now?" She said wide eyed as she listened to the knight. " So a genie personal trainer?"

Romeria had sat on the floor, hoping that the game was going to at least be exciting. It certainly went in a different direction when the smoke hollowed from the box, Romeria leaping to her feet. Terror, not for herself but for her friends, filled her heart as she looked around. "Ace! Makoto!"

The girl spun on her heels when she heard a voice."Woah, let's not get hasty here. Evolving from weak, that had a rather negative spin to it. And who is this we business.." That meant that there were more present, so she danced in place on the balls of her feet to make sure that her back was covered.

"I owe Makoto a cookie when we get out of here; she was right."

As the smoke cleared, he could be seen clearly.
Arthur_ch43 (1).png

"I'll make this simple for you to understand. You and I are one in the same. I am the inner reflection of your heart,essentially your other half. Us meeting is no coincidence Ace."
"The game box you've just opened was a trap,cursed and will bring out the inner most terrors of the tainted souls you come across. This city will now be a hotspot for demon activity and you are the chosen few to defend it. And for you Ace, I am your weapon."

The man said as a lock of blonde hair fell in front of his determined gaze.

"Your friends own inner selves should be coming to the surface for them right about now. I am Pendragon. Arthur Pendragon. Call upon me in your time of need. I'll tell you more in due time. Though,I'm sure you'll figure it out."

With that the knight stood slowly, his presence felt larger then life. At that same moment Ace was overcome with pain. It felt like his head was exploding from the inside.

"GGGYYYYYRRRAAGGHHHH!"

His eyes widened and bugged out and it felt as though every vein in his body was on fire. He screamed once more before passing out completely.

Last edited:
"Lady Romeria Montoya, I am the reflection of your chivalry and gallantry. My name is Sir Gawain, the Maiden's Knight. Together we will defend the weak and downtrodden," a gentle voiced male called out to the brunette. The smoke cleared enough for the owner of the voice to be seen, and she was surprised to see a red clad knight on horse back. The knight chuckled, grinning beneath the helmet as he added. "And if we find a beautiful maiden or two whose favor we might win then it would be all the better."

Romeria felt her cheeks flush and she looked around quickly, hoping that the others were too distracted with their own inner selves to pay heed to the knight just blurting out her secret. She couldn't be angry at the knight; he probably wasn't aware of the risk.

"So you...are me? Why Did you appear?"

"Creatures most foul have been released due to the game you just opened, and I will lend my sword and shield to help you combat them. Will you accept my aid, Lady Romeria?"

Okay, she owed Makoto a full cake at this point. And an apology for having not believed her intuition.

"I accept, Sir Gawain." It was like having needles shoved through her brain and every inch of her skin. Her body passed out before she even had and change to scream.

Further smoke seemed to flood out oof the board games, obstructing the other from view before Makoto could speak or reach out to anyone. She tried to remain calm and figure a way out but her heart was racing in fear, though of a possible death with things left unsaid or undone brought her to near tears. She saw a dark figure step out of the smoke over the box and step out into the light making her shuffle back in fright. The man was tall with dark hair and beard wearing chainmail armor under a red cloak with gold two headed eagles patterned on it. The scared face with brown eyes looked down at Makoto and pointed a sword at her.

"I am Digenis Akritas, legendary guardian of the eastern roman empire boarders, once as well rejetted for being different and impure. I have been through my own trails, killing of bears, man and dragons alike for love and duty, did it all without complaint and with some joy." The man said with a booming voice which despite his menacing stance was gentle and understanding. This made Makoto look up at him in awe rather than fear." With the opening of this box, you must face trials of your own for the sake of the world and those you care. I will be your sword, the force of will to help you and others face this trial if you would have me."

Makato gulped trying to find the sensible thing to say and do but knowing there was nothing of the short for a situation like this. She made a mental note to do something horrible to Ace for opening the damn board and stood, looking at the man eye to eye. "I accept." She said feeling thst there was nothing else to say, bowing her head respectfully."You honor me with..." she went to say before pain filled her up out of nowhere, like she was dipped in fire and molten metal. She let out a scream as everything seemed to go blank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back