• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Persona 6: The Roleplay

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Ian stared at the clock on the wall of his room. His first day had gone off without a hitch. Other than the occasional polite greeting, nobody seemed to pay any attention to his presence. After paying half attention to whatever was happening around him, he finally was able to return home. Unlike the other first year students, Ian was not staying in a dorm. His apartment was close enough to the school that it was unnecessary. Besides, if he lived in a dorm, who would take care of Gatsby?

Almost on cue, a small black cat with emerald green eyes leapt from the floor and onto Ian's lap. With a soft purr, it laid down its head and closed its eyes.

Ian's apartment was humble, to say the least. While there wasn't much in terms of entertainment, it was certainly clean. A single, worn couch sat in the middle of a brick-layered room. There was a rolling table with a laptop on it; a purchase from last year. While it wasn't a top performing machine, it worked well and was even able to handle a few games. Internet connectivity came with the building. He opened the lid and typed away for a few moments before pulling up a free movie about detectives. Reaching on the floor beside the couch was a neatly folded bag of chips. Placing one on his tongue, he crunched away as time marched ever foreword.

The apartment contained a simple kitchen set, which was also well-cleaned. There was a bathroom to the left of the main entrance, a dresser, and a map of the city pinned to the wall. Tenants close to Ian have mentioned hearing beautiful piano music, but he always claims to have no idea where it comes from. Little do they know that hidden in the storage closet is a keyboard and stand neatly folded up and hidden behind hanging clothing.

After plugging his phone into his laptop to charge, he grabbed a blanket from the floor and draped it on top of himself. There was no traditional bed in the apartment; he never saw a need for one. With a sigh, he stretched himself across the couch and closed his eyes. There wasn't much point in staying up late, it isn't like anyone would come looking for him.

A weak sense of dread caused him to tense up. Was this truly all there was to life? Work, eat, sleep, repeat? It scared him. Try as he might, all he could see in his own future was a loop, repeating ever onward until it all faded into black. Much like a clock's hand ticking endlessly in a loop, repetition had sunk its fowl claws into Ian's flesh, holding him in the same circle of events as time progressed around him. With a bit of struggle, he began to force himself to fall asleep. Perhaps he would feel better in the morning.

Ace blinked twice,rising slowly off the carpeted floor as sound and light flooded his senses. He looked in both directions for a second. Groggily not realizing where he was until like a firecracker going off,all the memories of the last 12 hours flashed back to him.

"Damn. What was that? Was that real?"

He glanced around the room,this time in full 360 and seeing the now closed game board and both his friends still passed out. He turned to the clock in his room as well....AND THEY ONLY HAD 3 MINUTES TO GET TO CLASS!

Ace's whole face lost all color at that moment.

"Shinoharu's gonna murder me....."

Looking to his friends,he sighed deeply.

"Murder us.."

"Romeria! Makoto! Wake up! WAKE! UP!
he half-screamed shaking each one violently.

Reis walked into class setting her bag down beside her desk but not before pulling out her workbooks and a set of pencils. Finishing she let out an inward sigh before the vibration of her phone caught her attention.
Swiping away her home screen she had three notifications. Most were about every day nonsense. One of the girls she knew complaining about not being in the same class, a rumor about people acting weird around the districts, and a compliment on her MyFace page about a performance she had done a week earlier before school had begun.
Reis answered the texts swiftly using quick slang text before sliding her phone back under her thigh so the teacher wouldn't notice when he walked in.
Mr. Shinoharu was a pretty rough customer when it came to leniency.
Yesterday he had burst out at a trio of students who arrived late even though it was the first day and they had barely arrived past the bell.
He was not someone Reis wanted to attract attention from this term.
She rather wanted to have an air of anonimity. However as she glanced around she noticed the same three students were more than likely going to be late again.

Reis sighed once more before a group of girls began interacting with her asking about classroom duties seeing as all four of them had been picked for this afternoon's cleaning assignment.
She tried to appear nice but couldn't force a smile, instead she peered at the classroom door waiting for the teacher to arrive.

With a final gulp, Ian finished the last bite of his sandwich as he entered the door to his classroom. Most of the other students in the room were already present, unsurprisingly. He had a tendency to be one of the last students to arrive on most days, but he was almost never late. Punctuality had always been heavily pushed on him by his mother, thus he always tried his best to be on time. That being said, he was also a man who enjoyed his sleep.

Mornings always went the same way for Ian. His alarm was always set to go off fifteen minutes before he actually needed to get up, allowing him to hit snooze just once. He found this to help him in the morning. Wake up, shower, brush teeth, get dressed, feed Gatsby. This pattern gave him just enough time to grab a sandwich at a small cafe near his home. From there, he would simply walk to school, his hair having plenty of time to dry off on the way.

Loud guitars rang through his ear buds as he walked through the halls of the school. Any attempts to talk to him would be go unnoticed, and that was just how he liked it. Every second with his music was sacred; these people could talk to him later. Ian's eyes darted across the classroom as he entered, taking in the faces of those around him. Nobody stood out. He offered a friendly nod to two men towards the front of the classroom. They weren't exactly close, but they had occasionally gone out to dinner or to the arcade over the summer.

With a light thud, Ian's bag hit the floor as he sat down. He had chosen a seat near a girl who appeared to be the quiet type. From yesterday's roll call, he had heard her name was Reis Harumiko. To tell the truth, her apparent lack of desire to impress people was a bit refreshing. Happy-go-lucky people wore him out. Wrapping his ear buds around his fingers, he slid them into his back pocket and pulled his textbook out of his bag. A pencil rolled out from in between the pages. It was the only place Ian was sure he wouldn't misplace it. With a sigh, Ian slouched in his seat and awaited the teacher's entrance.

As he looked around, he noticed the same three students from yesterday were missing. Being late on the first two days of school? They were either brave or stupid. After some thought, Ian reasoned that it was probably both.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

A million thoughts rushed through his mind as he sprinted through the halls. Jetting around the final corner he turned into Shinoharu's death glare as the man was leaned up against the doorframe to the classroom.

S-Shinoharu-Sensei!
I-I-I can expla-

"NO!"
Shinoharu said,voice booming,clenching the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index finger.

"Get inside. You can explain yourself in front of the class."

As Ace walked into the room,he noticed the other two weren't here either,he glanced around noticing both Ian and Reid as he took his seat from yesterday about one row over from each of them.

Shinoharu walked into the classroom,closing the door behind him. He procedded up to the board at the front and stuck both hands in his pockets before addressing the students.

" Alright now.

Before we get started class, your fellow student Mr. Chikage feels absolutely horrible about his attendance issues over the last two days, and wants to apologize to all of you for holding back your education.

Mr. Chikage?"

Ace groaned inwardly.

"Dammit"

He slowly walked to the front of the room. He could feel so many eyes on him, it felt like he was melting.

"What a great way to start the year..."

Romeria scrambled awake and looked around, her body already moving into an upright position before her mind was completely aware of the situation. It took a few moments of staring and blinking to finally realize where she was. "Oh no!" she knelt beside Makoto, being much more gentle when attempting to awaken the other girl. "We have to go, now," she stated, her gaze moving to the open door that Ace had left. He had gallantly left the two girls in his room to fend for themselves; what if they hadn't been able to awaken after what they had been through the night before. Internalizing her anger, she rose to her feet to wait for Makoto, feeling absolutely panicked. Two days in a row of getting in trouble, and then there was..whatever that was..from the night before. Things were going so swell for her at the school so far; her parents would be thrilled. Her heart was hammering in her chest, and part of her mind told her that she should go, she was going to be in so much trouble. Her feet remained planted firmly in the ground, Romeria's chivalrous nature winning out over her lesser vices.

Reis' skin pricked at the feeling that she was eyed as the girls moved away from her to their seats. As a rather tall student sat near her.
She could hear the tones of a guitar blasting through his head phones as he removed them.
Surprisingly she had heard the band once or twice while perusing around the record shop she frequented.

Her mental notation was interupted by Chikage arriving late. As he stood in front of class per the teachers orders she wondered where the two girls were.
She then stared blankly at Ace waiting for him to finish whatever his ridiculous apologize would do to suffice Shinoharu sensei so they could get on with the day.
Although her mind began to worry about the girls briefly even entertaining the thought of an accident but she sighed it away before putting the tip of her thumb nail in between her teeth in aggravation.

BeastofMyth22 BeastofMyth22
Have You Ever Tasted Sand Have You Ever Tasted Sand
redroseknight redroseknight

Makoto was shaken awake with a startle, she expected to see the knight over her but instead saw Romeria. "I 'm up... I 'm up..." She groaned as she tried to sit up and rubbed her sweaty forehead, he head was throbbing. "I do hope all that was just a dream..." She said after a few seconds before noticing as well the change in time and panicked. "Crap... Dont telll me..." She said dawning on her that they might be late for school. She tried to sit up but felt dizzy while she tried to stand making stumble a little.

Instinctively she reached out to catch Makoto, concern written across her face as she gently grasped her upper arms. "Are you okay? We're already late; no sense in hurting yourself to get there now. " Romeria wondered for a moment if they could feign being sick; it wouldn't be much of a stretch given how her stomach was still turning from the events of the night before. But she doubted it would work, not with who their homeroom teacher was. Dread at dealing with the man still sat in her stomach, her already pale features ashen in color.

Makoto waived way Romeria, not liking to appear weak or unable to handle herself. She steadied herself on her own leaning against a wall and taking a few deep breaths. "I am fine." She said forcing a smile as she straightened herself. "I will be fine whatever we did last night, it really did a number of me... You wont believe what i remember happening..." She went to say more but decided to hold herself there. "I rather we went... I have a scholarship i need to keep, i cant afford to lose because of an absence." She added seriously as she made her way to leave determinately, hiding her own own worry and panic.

"Oh, I will believe it if it is close to what I'm remembering.." She gave space for Makoto to gather her bearings on her own, the tall young woman feeling sympathy when she mentioned her scholarship. Well, if Makoto could leave it then so would Romeria. "Misery shared is misery halved, I suppose. And I would hate to get benched from my first game because of this."

She kept pace with Makoto and shrugged. "I think it will be fine if we just take the humiliation he wants to give, and let him have his superiority." She grinned and winked at the other girl. "We both know he has to be over compensating for something," she joked to give a little lighter mood before they got to purgatory. Part of her wondered if Ace was going to get any lighter punishment for ditching them, if so, she was not going to be pleased with him...but she probably would not say anything because she tended to not speak up on her behalf.

Makoto rushed a little faster out of their dormitory towards the school, not really listening to Romeria. She made an indication of listening by giving a half hearted smirk when Romeria smile at what Makoto guessed was for a joke Romeria made. Still despite her rush, she was still a little wosy from the night before so could go too fast to the school eventually making it just outside the door of their class around half way through the period.

Makoto turned to Romeria finally akwnowledging her once more. "Well... Ready to face the music than." She asked taking a deep breath before turning to the door."you go first I will follow a little later. Make you look less bad."

"That isn't fair to you, and I have less to lose," she argued, frowning a bit at the notion of being spared when all she had on then like was a volleyball game. Makoto had her entire school career to lose if their principle decided her attendance was enough to suspend her scholarship, and her livelihood though Romeria had no notion of that being the case.

The brunette stretched to loosen her muscles a little to relieve the tension and fear she felt. She feigned a confidant smile and shrugged. "I have probably heard worse than what he is going to say, and he is bound to hate me later since I'm not a gifted student anyways. Might as well get the illusion over with."

Romeria was right of course and there was a part of her yelling at herself for being so stupidly noble. Still looking at Romeria made Makoto want to take the blow for her. "Hey, with what been happening to me the last few months it is just a drop in the bucket. Besides I am the one who overslept causing you to wait for me and all that..."She went to say before a look at Romeria told her that they were both stubborn enough to argue this back and forth until the end of day. "Oh whatever, I regret bringing it up. Let's just go in together." She said reaching for the door and opening it."Don't say I didn't offer to take a bullet for you."

The brunette bowed her head a bit in thanks and gave Makoto a grin. "I'll buy you a cookie later as repayment," she teased in a whisper. Taking in a deep breath and sterling her nerves, she tried to slink into the room subtly. Unfortunately for Romeria, there is nothing subtle about her, standing as tall as she did. It was going to be a long day, she decided when a few students turned their attention to her.

"I....I....I...." Ace said,his face buring hot.

"Or you can apologize for your disturbance of the class in detention..." Shinoharu threatened,glaring at the boy as he leaned against the board,arms folded.

"I apologize for my tardyness,it won't happen again!" Ace said,bowing.

He then noticed the two girls walk into the classroom and his eyes widened as Shinoharu-sensei looked like he was going to bust a blood vessel.

"
Hallway NOW!"
Shinoharu stated pointing towards the door as they walked in.

I'll have to meet up with them later. We need to find out what exactly happened last night.

His own memory was hazy,but he definitely remembered the knight that had appeared before him. He remembered the look of seriousness that had been on his face.

Either way, they just had to get through the school day,and then could go back to thier Persona.

Mr. Shinoharu lost it midway through Ace's apology as the girls who were absent arrived. Reis bit down harder her teeth making a clicking sound as he yelled for the girls to move into the hallway. She bit back the urge to scream at him as she stood raising her hand but not waiting to be called upon. She let the words flow out in an analytical and logical manner rather than let them be filled with emotion. It came out more as if she were giving a report.

"Shinoharu Sensei, I would presume you are indeed in the wrong with your current actions. while I cannot vouch for Chikage's whereabouts both of the girls were in the bathroom addressing a "monthly issue". Furthermore for you to lose your composure in front of the entire class is unbecoming of a teacher such as yourself. Now I am sure everyone would like for class to continue instead of being delayed by your constant displays of territorial ambition..Sir. Chikage san is sorry and will not arrive late again so if we could please return to today's material"

Reis had hoped she had worded her argument correctly, once misstep would only enrage the man further but this had gone on long enough and was utterly infuriating. As she had finished her statement she bowed respectfully before sitting back down accidentally onto her phone cracking her case luckily it was muffled.
Her face then took back its mask of unconcern for the current situation as some girls on the opposite corner of the room giggled for Reis calling the teacher out like that.
She didn't really care about Chikage san or the two girls it was just that his attitude toward the students now would no doubt set a precedent on his outlook on them in the future. reis really wished she could have helped Ace out with an excuse as well but it's not like he really had a time of the month.
Sorry, you were born a boy I guess she thought amusingly to herself as she waited for the situation to diffuse or explode.

BeastofMyth22 BeastofMyth22
Have You Ever Tasted Sand Have You Ever Tasted Sand
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Makoto heard the shouting immediately as she opened the door, seeing Shinoharu tear Ace a new one. Makoto was ashamed to admit she felt a brief feeling of smug and relief seeing Ace get the brunt of the teachers anger as Ace had left the two of them pass out. Not to mention it gave the girl a brief chance to slip through unseen though that idea shattered when she entered and saw the eyes on them. She gulped and took a deep breath once more face the music but than saw one of the other student stand up for them.

"I...I agree sir..." She said feeling her courage raise a little at this. "There is litte need for this... We came late and indeed that warrens punishment, in a manner fitting with the school guidelines... This does not give you the right to humiliate us!" She lectured showing some anger in the last sentence.

Ian had watched Ace's apology with apathy. This whole ordeal was pointless, so what if they're running a few minutes late? God forbid this douche ever gets stuck in traffic, he thought. Ian grimaced when his teacher saw the two girls in the hallway.

What the hell is this guy's problem? Perhaps he got some sort of satisfaction from making his students feel bad about themselves. Stuck up assholes like this made Ian's blood boil. Ian let out a low growl and was about to stand up himself, but luckily Reis had done it for him. Ian felt a small sense of admiration grow for Reis with every word. Not only did she stand up to tell Shinoharu off, her excuse covering for the girls was pretty damn clever. While Ian wanted to give Reis a compliment, he reasoned that it would only add fuel to the fire. Instead, he settled for flashing her a confident smirk with a slight nod.

From the look of things, there was a 50/50 change of the situation either getting better or worse. Should the latter be the case, Ian decided he would speak up. The only way to know for sure is to watch. Whatever happened next was bound to be more interesting than class.

Romeria, for her part was silent with a grateful smile cast to the girl who stood up for them. Sneaky excuse; that was pretty creative. She didn't speak up and defend herself, that just wasn't something she was prepared to do. Instead, she just prepared herself for the inevitable explosion. Men like this didn't take to being questioned, they drew their confidence and self-worth from beating others down.

She took in a deep breath and slid her hands in her pockets, a nonchalant smile on her lips. Well, the joke was going to be on him since there wasn't much further for her fall. She stopped slouching and stood to her full height in case he wanted to try to tower over her as he had done when she had been sitting down. It was her own quiet, subtle defiance.

"Alright then, class dismissed,let's pack it up early today. I'll see you 5 in detention. he said placing a cigarette to his lips as he glanced around the room to each of them.
"Yeah that includes you. With that look on your face. You should be showin' these young guys the right way. That's at least a 2nd year patch on your uniform." he said staring down Ian.

"Don't be late. I'll see you at 3." The teach said running a hand through his hair as he looses his tie and stepped outside.

Ace's eyes were wide as he sweatdropped.

"Detention? Damn. He sighed let's just get it over with. He turned to Reis and gave a silent nod,as if to thank her for trying to cover for them. He then grabbed his bag and walked over to Romeria and Makoto, lowering his voice substantially.

"You guys wanna go mess around with Persona again?"

SHINOHARU

The man sighed as he took a puff of his cig,maybe they were right. Maybe he was a little to harsh,this new transfer was tough on him,coming from Shujin Academy after a number of incidents surrounded the school in connection to the Phantom thieves.

He was practically an unknown there as he was a student teacher at the time, but that was 2 years ago and thus was his first full time gig. A young man in his mid twenties. The kids probably hated him. He just didn't want them to turn out like him...with no other options.

He took another drag before throwing the butt on the ground stomping it with the toe of his dress shoe as embers flew into the air.

redroseknight redroseknight ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Have You Ever Tasted Sand Have You Ever Tasted Sand

Last edited:
Reis packed her school supplies away into her bag before standing and shouldering it. She then picked up her phone four cracks lining the top moving down the center. She groaned slightly before walking out of the classroom.

This is what standing up for others got her an afternoon of detention she didn't even bother acknowledging the others who had been sentenced with her. It was ridiculous that Ian the boy that sat near her was roped into the punishment as well.
She knew that Mr. Shinoharu was a newer teacher from Shujin but his methods were out of line although taking it further would only be brought with more retaliation.
Reis would take her licks and continue moving forward.

She had some time before detention started and she had failed to eat lunch with her friends from middle school.
Wading through the throng of students she made her way past them to the in school snack kiosk.

Digging in her bag she fished out some yen and bought an onigiri rice cake with a mango melon soda.
She then turned back toward the classroom making her way back to her desk. As she did so her phone vibrated a few more times but she neglected it knowing the tell tale vibration rhythm. Her eyes cast toward the wall as she tossed her bag down and sat down quickly unwrapping her food and eating sparingly at it.

The drink began to sweat slightly from the heat of the room as it's crisp carbonation resounded through the class. Taking a drink she closed the lid, wrapped her snack half eaten and grabbed her phone sighing as the 5 message notification appeared with a name in subdued pink.... Takashi.

Makoto gave Ace a disbelieving glare, after what had happened did he really think that they should try that stupid game. However despite the initial indignation followed a little curiosity, was what they saw real or her imagination or something left behind in the box. She could not leave the matter unexplored and soon nodded at Ace's suggestion. "Yeah we meet up at mine later..."

After class she went to her locker to change books before a younger female student passed her. She turned immediately. "Kimi!" She called out but the girl continued to walk on acting like she did not hear Makoto. "Kimi! Kimi please!" Makoto called out more desperately trying to get through the crowd of people to catch up with the girl. The girl continued to ignore Makoto speeding her walk and bowing her head before disappearing out the school. Makoto gave up looking crestfallen and closing her eyes tightly to fight tears away before turning and making her way to detention.

Though she felt a level of uneasiness at the thought of even touching that game again, the voice and image of the gentle knight came back to the surface. He had said that he was a reflection of her and they would be protecting people..just the idea of it interested Romeria too much for her to worry for her own safety. After all, what else did she really have going for her? She didn't exactly have a brilliant career path laid out for her, her difficulty reading was going to be a massive roadblock to a solid career unless she did something drastic. Her only real skill was volleyball, and trying to be a professional volleyball player would be exceptionally difficult. Theoretically possible, but the odds were astronomically against it. "Sure, I'll see you guys there."

There was no practice today for the team, which was great since Romeria would have had to miss it in order to attend her first detention of what would probably be many. She just had that feeling in her bones, and she had already accepted her fate. So Romeria made her way toward the classroom, cheerfully talking to some of her teammates when she passed them in the hallway. "Hey, Makoto," she called out, recognizing her even from a good few feet away. When she drew close enough, the brunette gave her a sheepish look. "I just wanted to apologize for dragging you into that mess last night..if we'd have listened to you then you.." It had taken her that long to notice her new friend's rather distraught expression. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked, concern in her eyes.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Makoto thought about why Kimi ignored her, a possible idea came to mind which terrified her. No it wasn't possible, she thought to herself, KimI would never fall in line with her parents as her and Makoto were too close. Kimi was just busy or didn't hear her that is all, Makoto thought letting the denial comfort her in time to react to Romeria.
Huh? Oh...Yeah, I am fine, just a little tired as all." She lied forcing a a smile trying to cover her distraught expression. She looked at her watched trying to move the subject away from her. "We... We should get moving.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back