• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
Tokyo
Afternoon
4/8
203X

Akira yawned as he leaned against the pillar of the train station. He and Makoto were here to greet their new ward for the next year, as they always did. Makoto even took the day off to do it, that's how much this meant to her. Akira did the same, though he asked his son to go ahead and open it up when he got out of school, and deal with the customers until he got back. The two former Thieves had...matured a lot over the years. Though gracefully, for the both of them. Akira was starting to grey, and they each had a few wrinkles here and there, but they looked great for their age. They'd been quite happy over the last twenty or so years. Akira had inherited the Leblanc, the cafe becoming nationally famous for it's amazing curry and coffee. Makoto, on the other hand, had achieved her dream of becoming polic commissioner, though things were busy recently. There have been a string of sudden strokes in the population. Not enough to cause a panic, but something seemed familiar about it all. Regardless, she sighed, looking at the clock as she said to her husband, "The train should be here soon. Please try and act presentable." Akira chuckled, saying, "And I'm never? C'mon, the kid's gone through a lot. Let's not act like we have a stick up our a-" She popped the back of his head, saying, "Language! It's here."

The train rolled into the station, the couple looking for the teenager. Akira was the one to spot him, yelling, "Daisuke! Over here!" The couple approached their new ward, Makoto extending her hand to say, "You're Daisuke Kaminari, right? I'm Makoto Nijima, and this is my husband, Akira Kurusu. We'll be your caretakers. It's a pleasure to meet you." Akira grinned, patting the kid's shoulder as he said, "Nice to meet ya, kiddo! You'll be staying in our guest room. C'mon, we'll walk ya to our place." The two were complete opposites. Makoto showed a high amount of dignity, her posture straight, and her tone precise. Akira, on the other hand, had that same slightly slouched posture, his hands in his pockets. But despite that, there seemed to be...more to him than that carefree attitude. There was a lot of intelligence in his eyes, the way he could instantly read Daisuke the second Makoto showed him the picture, and instantly tell he was just a good kid in a bad situation.

Takeshi was on his way home during this, watching the other students scatter around him as they all went home. A few things caught his eye. One, he saw that several of the students had bad bruises on their arms, poorly disguised under their sleeves. He had noticed them a while ago, and figured it was just...you know, from them having a good time. That didn't bother him. But he started to notice a pattern. It was only on the younger or less physically challenging students. The kids that were either physically strong, or had a reputation for getting into fights were untouched. Something was up. He came from a line of law enforcement, and he intended to find out. His first suspect was Chuya Hikari, a First Year. He was able the gleam that she had a history of snapping at people and getting involved in violent...episodes. It normally wasn't his nature to mettle in other people's affairs, but if there was something up, and the teachers were in on it, he couldn't just ignore it. He slowly walked closer to her, eventually saying in a friendly tone, "Hey there, Chuya-san! How are ya?" The same charm his father had started to come out, that familiar smile on his face. While he was a naturally friendly person, he of course had an ulterior motive.

Akira and Makoto took another train to get to the Leblanc. Their apartment was barely big enough for four people, much less five, so he'd unfortunately have to stay in the attic. Though Akira had taken the time to renovate it quite a bit, so it wasn't as...barren as it was when he stayed there. He noticed that the cafe was still closed...which meant that Takeshi hadn't gotten home yet. He shrugged, flipping the "CLOSED" sign to "OPEN," saying, "Sorry, but you'll be having to sleep in the guest room upstairs. Our apartment is...cramped, to say the least." He pushed the door open, that familiar bell ringing as he sighed nostaligically. The cafe was much the same, with a few changes? One, there were pictures lining the walls, mainly of the Kurusu family, and various famous people who ate there. One was of the family at the beach. The couple looked much younger, so they couldn't have been older than their thirties when the picture was taken. Akira was kneeling behind two small children, a boy and a girl, with Makoto doing the same. The boy looked quite a bit older than the girl, was looked as if she had just started walking. The boy had his father's hair and his mother's eyes, while the girl had the inverse. Makoto had told Daisuke's parents that they had two children, but had neglected to state how old they were. Akira did the usual, and looked at the photos, paying his respects to Sayuri as well. Then it hit him, the man quickly turning to Daisuke as he said, "Oh! Did Mako mention it? We have a son and a daughter. He's about your age, the girl's still in primary. He should be home soon..." He looked a bit worried, shaking out of it as he said, "So, how about some coffee while we wait for him? I want to introduce you two?" Makoto was busy on her phone, receiving several texts from work. She sighed, saying, "Sorry, but I can't. Work is..." She closed her eyes, visibly stressed out as Akira said, "I understand. I'll give Takeshi your regards." She smiled, saying, "Thank you, Akira. See you two tonight." The couple exchanged a quick kiss before she took off, Akira saying, "Better get used to that. I swear, half the time it's just me and the kids... anyways, I guess I should show you your room. C'mon."
MainEventMan MainEventMan
Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Last edited:
Daisuke held his book bag close to his chest with his right hand, his left hand hanging onto the handrail as the train came to a slow, sputtering stop. There had been a dull roar of noise ever since he had gotten on the train back in his hometown. Now here he was, running away with his tail between his legs. He didn't even want to move. His home...his friends, he was leaving all that behind. All because of the corruption of his former teachers...he felt like a criminal. Even his parents were giving him dirty looks from time to time. He had a criminal record, just for doing what was right...it wasn't fair. The doors would open, and the masses of people would begin to herd and meander out. Daisuke let out a small sigh as he let go of the handrail, walking out into the station.

"Aoyama Itchome. This is Aoyama Itchome."

The voice over the PA droned as the train doors closed behind him. As suspected, the train station was crowded with people of all kinds. Salarymen on their way to work, students off to school, homeless beggars asking for change...Daisuke didn't know what he expected. It was like this in any heavily populated area. The noise of it all was so overwhelming that he almost didn't hear his name being called over the chatter of the crowd. He snapped out of his self induced trance just in time to see a tall, brown haired woman call his name and wave him over. He didn't feel the need to introduce himself, since it seemed they already knew his name. He looked up at Akira as he put his hand on his shoulder, giving him a warm smile, despite them just meeting today. "Uh...it's a pleasure to meet both of you. Thank you for taking me in." He said, giving a slight bow. Despite his hatred of the situation, he wasn't about to forget his manners. He mostly stayed silent while the two spoke. He didn't really know them well enough yet to engage in any kind of conversation.

One train ride later, and the three of them arrived at a sleepy looking cafe in the backstreets. It seemed these two owned a small business. Judging by the pictures on the wall on the inside, the two had quite a history in this place. Whatever it was, he would figure it out on his own. He raised an eyebrow however when Akira mentioned that they had two children. One of them apparently being around his age. "I'll do my best to get along with them." He said with a small nod. He had to admit though...he was anxious to see what his living situation was. He had never lived in the attic of an old cafe before. He nodded, following Akira up to what would be his new room for the year...

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

End of School

Chuya had her book case held behind her back with one arm, while she had her other arm's hand in her skirt pocket on the same side. She was thinking about a problem she had when Takeshi would approach. "Hey there, Chuya-san! How are ya?" He asked. Chuya smiled, and replied, "Nothing much. I just am trying to figure something out Takeshi-Kun." She then brought her book case down and sighed. "Is there something you need?" She would ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back