• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Percy Jackson RP

Luke Labine

Luke nodded, observing her petite figure. Even though he was a foot taller than her, he knew not to underestimate her size. "Alright... I'll go first..." he changed his voice to a deep lull to activate his charmspeak. It was a rare skill that few Aphrodite children possessed- even he could only use it for a couple seconds at most before his victim would no longer be hypnotized. But it was long enough for him attack. Seeing her eyes glaze over slightly, he knew it had worked and he lunged with his sword straight to her arm.

@ShurikenPhoenix

Grunting as Walters sword hit his own, Ryan let his right blade fall back under the force of the incoming blow, moving to the left to avoid getting hit as the sword came down. He took the opening to swing his left sword round at the opposing boys midriff in an attempt to strike while Walters sword was busy countering his original attack.

@DuskerTem

Lea Chan

Lea felt suddenly dazed as her gaze met his. She forgot about everything except those eyes right up until she realised he was advancing on her with his sword. Shaking her head slightly, she realised what he had done. "Charmspeak? No fair," she protested as she default swerved to one side out of the way of the blade and kicking out with her feet in the hopes of tripping him. He may have used his power but she wouldn't.

@Semblance

Luke Labine

"Alright alright, no more charmspeak," he smiled with amusement. "Just wanted to test it out," he said innocently. Luke was taken by surprise at her attempt to trip him and he just barely caught himself. Quickly, he lunged his sword again, keeping his eyes on her shoulder to try and trick her into thinking he was going to attack there, but he swung his sword at her legs instead.

@ShurikenPhoenix

Lea Chan

As he had hoped, Lea had interpreted that he was aiming for her shoulder and blocked higher up. She almost cursed as the sword made contact with her leg and tripped her. Oh great, this was certainly not perfection. She was being beaten by an Aphrodite boy. She did not stay on the ground for too long and as she sprung to her feet, she made a jab at his torso with the hilt of her sword, determined to win.

@Semblance

Luke Labine

Luke saw her fall and was about to lunge at her while she was vulnerable, but she quickly sprung to her feet. Surprised by her speed, he tried blocking her attack but was just barely too late. He felt a painful jab in his torso and he narrowed his pale blue gray eyes, sizing up his opponent. He quickly lunged forward again, striking her side, determined not to be bested by this tiny girl.

@ShurikenPhoenix

Lea Chan

Lea gasped as the wooden blade made contact with her side with quite a bit of force. She had not been expecting him to be quite as quick as he was and landed on the ground again, this time not getting up quick enough. She knew she had probably been bested this time around and she simply hated it. She had to get better at combat otherwise she would never be perfect enough.

@Semblance

Jane had quietly slipped out of her conversation with Callie and Vianca earlier that morning when more campers came to join the conversation. Although she had been at camp for four years, she'd only recently began to reach out to other campers in attempt to help assimilate with the more, well, "godly" side of herself, especially since her close friends had left one by one to find occupations available to demigods in the outside world throughout the past year. After leaving the group, Jane walked to the small beach, where she worked on her aim by throwing rocks at makeshift targets. Tired of the solitude and humidity, she headed back to the more centralized part of camp, thinking of working on her sword skills for a bit. Right as she turned away from the bay though, she thought she saw something pulse in the water out of the corner of her eye. She whipped around as soon as she saw what she thought was movement, but by then, the bay's water was happily lapping the shore as it always did. Huh, weird (again).

When she arrived at the arena, there were a couple duels going at it. Vianca and that scary girl (not surprising from Ares) seemed to be nearing the end of their session (for a practice, Jane had to admit that it seemed pretty intense), and a girl from Hecate, she believed, was dueling with that flirt from Aphrodite (and was it just her, or was there really some flirtatious tension in the air?). Jane walked around to the back of the arena to the small warehouse storing weapons available for practicing, and chose a worn spear to practice with. Setting up a dummy, Jane went through a few exercises she'd been taught over the years. Although when it came to close range weapons, Jane preferred something a little more personal, such as a dagger, she decided that there'd be no harm in learning to use something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke Labine

(mara, the "scary girl," is the daughter of Ares, not Aphrodite! ;)

Luke smiled at his victory and he extended a hand down to Lea. "Hey don't look so down- you fought well, especially for your size," he admitted. "You're small and quick, you could definitely use that to your advantage." Just then, he saw Jane walk by and he admired her tall figure and soft brown hair. As they made eye contact, he flashed her a charming smile and winked at her, completely distracting himself from Lea and making himself vulnerable to any further attacks.

@ShurikenPhoenix @Silver Bell

Walter saw the hit coming thanks to his ADHD. Bad news: for a millisecond he didn't know what to do. He had nothing to protect himself with. Good news, his body had the ability to move, so before the strike could hit him, he moved a bit to the side so it wouldn't hit him.

@Volfy

Lea Chan

Lea took the opportunity in her stride as the fickle Aphrodite boy indulged in his weakness. She struck out with her sword and tripped him up, smirking. "I'm sorry, but I simply had to. The opportunity was right there. Perhaps you shouldn't get distracted by pretty girls." She said as she brushed herself off and stood. She of course was only assuming that the majority of people found the girl pretty. She herself had never once found anyone attractive, which frustrated her no end.

@Semblance

Ryan backed off a little, disengaging from the duel as Walter hopped out of the way of his sword. He had to give it to the guy, he wasn't half quick on his toes.

"You're not half bad." He said, nodding at Walter as a sign of respect to boys skills. "Hope we are against one another in the game later. I was worried it might be too easy but maybe it won't with you running about." With that Ryan sheathed his swords, and added " Sorry to cut it short but I gotta get my get my gear ready. Haven't practiced in armour for a while"

With a final nod at Walter, Ryan turned to head back to cabin five and sort out is armour.

(Sorry, but I won't be on until some time late tomorrow afternoon, hopefully be back in time for the CTF game though)

Alec Frye

Alec had spaced out for some time now. When he realized what had happened he blushes a little nervously and grabbed his jacket from the bench, hooking his sword back onto his belt. He looked around and saw that bulky girl from before sparring with that other girl that was hanging around with Callie. He shook his head and looked around, realizing just how many people had come into the arena. He also spotted his sister. Well, half sister. He smiled a little, glad that she was at least socializing a bit.

Luke Labine

Luke fell onto the ground with a puff of dirt next to Lea. "Well-played well-played," he said with amusement, looking down at her as he rubbed his knee where he fell. "You're just full of surprises, aren't you?" he smiled as he stood back up. He extended his hand down to her once again, this time keeping her eyes focused on her so that he wouldn't be caught off guard again.

@ShurikenPhoenix

[QUOTE="Quiet Is Violent]Vianca just barely dodged the mace. This was getting old for her. She felt loose gravel under her hands and she brushes it into the air, effectively forming a cloud of dust around her. It would hurt Mara's eyes, at least, she hoped it would.

[/QUOTE]
She chuckled, eyes burning, grinding her teeth, "I guess we're even now, aren't we?" she asked, turning and swinging the mace diagonally towards where she last heard the girl's feet upon the ground. The advantage of her sight was the largest she had, but now it was gone, atleast for a few seconds.

Lea Chan

Lea took his hand and pulled herself up, looking rather pleased that she had beaten him. "You're better than I expected, for an Aphrodite boy." She complimented before nodding and heading back over to where she had sat reading her book.

@Semblance

Callie Fernandez

Callie came back to the arena after practicing and saw that most were still there. She still had her quiver of arrows on her back and her bow in hand. She had heard that CTF teams were going to be chosen pretty soon.

Alec Frye

Alec looked towards the door and saw Callie. He smiled and waved her over, "Hey Callie! C'mere!" He yelled over to her, getting a little excited. Maybe she would spar with him. Obviously he would let her pick a vantage point if she felt the need. He was sure that they might have a little time before Chiron announced the CTF game had started.

Luke Labine

"So are you, midget," he teased lightheartedly. Luke watched Lea go back to her book, intrigued by her actions. He directed his attention back on the clearing and saw that some of the campers were still sparring. All he wanted to do was play CTF, and he hoped that he was put on a good team.

He spotted Callie come back to the arena and he made his way past the other sparring partners towards her. Luke noticed the son of Hades next to her and he noticed that he resembled his sister, Raven. They both had black hair, blue eyes, and high cheekbones. After nodding to him in greetings, he looked over at Callie. Noticing the bow and arrows she was carrying, he flashed her a flirtatious smile and said, "You must be amazing at archery, because you just shot a cupid arrow straight through my heart." He gave her a quick wink with his sparkling pale blue eyes.

@ShurikenPhoenix

Raven had finally finished returning pillows. It was times like that that she was quite pleased with her ability to go around unnoticed. But now that was done, with minor casualties; Poor cactus had gotten just enough in her way that it had fallen off a Demeter kid's bedside table. Why a Demeter kid had a cactus of all plants however she didn't know.

On her way out of the last cabin, she noticed people were starting to head towards the arena in large volumes, and a smirk spread across her face. CTF was starting soon. It was one of the few times Raven consented to using real weapons to fight, as it seemed much more real. Sparring was just practice, this was a challenge.

Heading over, she spotted the same people there as when she had left, if not a few more. People were still sparring, the game was getting set up, and Raven was content to simply settle down in one corner and start cleaning her sword. Though she had wanted to talk to Alec about teams… Meh, it could wait. He seemed to be already occupied.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
She chuckled, eyes burning, grinding her teeth, "I guess we're even now, aren't we?" she asked, turning and swinging the mace diagonally towards where she last heard the girl's feet upon the ground. The advantage of her sight was the largest she had, but now it was gone, atleast for a few seconds.
Vianca was one step ahead. She crept around Mara silently and found Mara's throat, holding her bronze knife to it. "I win." Vianca says. with a smirk. A blind girl can beat a buff girl.

Callie Fernandez

Callie turned to look at Luke and rolled her eyes slightly. "Make that up just now did you?" She asked, amused by his cheesy pick up line. It was probably worse than her dad's haikus but she still found it rather endearing.

@Semblance

Callie looked over at who had called her and smiled when she saw Alec. He didn't unnerve her so much now. "Hey! You know, I'm not the best at sparring if that's what you were gonna ask," she guessed by his expression.

@LittleShenanigans

Walter sheathed his sword, a bit flattered. "Just that compliment? My ego is bigger than that." But now the guy must leave, so he gave Ryan a salute and said his goodbye. The guy was a good fighter. He'd be sure to make a good friend out of him. He went to go to his new friend, Callie, putting an arm around her.

"Hey, guys! And Callie!" Alec and one of the Aphrodite kids were with her and being his usual self, he gave a nod as a greeting.

Luke Labine

Luke smiled with amusement at her obviously unimpressed response. "Yeah but you have to admit, it's pretty good," he said proudly.

@ShurikenPhoenix

He looked over as the Zeus kid from before came to join them. "Hey! Walter is it?" he asked in a friendly tone. "I'm Luke." He always tried to make an effort to get to know other people. "How was sparring practice?"

@DuskerTem

Alec Frye

Alec frowned at the kid who just introduced himself as Luke to Walter. No one ever talks to Alec first anymore. He pouted a little before grinning at Callie. He loved a challenge. Alec heard Walter greet him and Callie, so he waved at him before looking to Callie again, "If we end up going against each other in CTF I'm coming for you." He said to her before jogging over to Raven and sitting next to her. He nudged her shoulder and looked down at her sword. "Hey Rave." He smiled before cracking his knuckles, gripping his sword so tightly gives him constant pain in his knuckles.

Camp Half Blood

"Campers!! To the arena please!" Chiron yelled, while making his way to the arena. He was just as eager to start the CTF game as the campers were. Although, he did have a feeling something was going to go terribly wrong. "Well, we can't postpone the game. It is tradition" he thought, watching as the last of the campers scrambled to get to the arena in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even needing to look up, Raven smiled at the well known presence of her half-brother. "Hey Alec. How's sparring been?" She said, glancing up briefly from her sword. "Oh, and d'you have an idea of which side to… Well, side with? I haven't really checked out how the teams have been developing since I booked it back to the cabin earlier-"

She was interrupted by Chiron calling for everyone to gather, but seeing as she was already there she simply looked back to Alec, sliding her sword back into it's sheath and taking the knife out of her boot.

@LittleShenanigans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back