• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Percy Jackson RP

Mara

She shrugged lightly, "Mara," she said simply, hesitantly and slowly grabbing the girl's hand, giving it a firm shake. She didn't particularly know if that was even the right thing to do or not ,but she guessed it didn't matter. "I'm fine," she repeated, slightly annoyed now by the girl's rapid and repetitive apologizing. "I'm of the Ares cabin... you?" she asked, looking down at the girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Callie Fernandez

Callie didn't really have much to say at that moment. She was just rather startled by what had happened. She watched the pair talk with mild interest. No one from her own cabin was here yet except Will Solace, so she supposed she would stick with her new found group for now. She didn't introduce herself just yet, letting them talk. The Ares girl, Mara, didn't seem so bad. She was sure nicer than some other members of her cabin...or at least more tolerant.

"Oh. Well, I'm in the Hermes cabin, but I'm not Hermes' kid. Minor goddess. You know how that works." Vianca shrugs, smiling awkwardly. "So, um, Mara. Well. Uh. We were going to spar. Do you want to join us?"

Walter hung around as well, but he tried to make the awkwardness to the minimum. "So," he said to Callie. He should at least get to know her. "Never knew what your cabin is." He was about to tell her his but she had already known before that he was a son of Zeus. That was already taken care of.

Mara

She nodded, understandingly. "I know how it works," she sighed, before the small, blind girl mentioned sparring. "Oh?" she asked, raising her one eyebrow incredulously. "You two... three," she added, spotting the Zeus kid talking to the Apollo girl, "Were going to go spar?" she asked, holding her mace. She nodded. "Aye. I'll join you, I suppose," she said, shrugging lightly.

Callie Fernandez

Callie turned to Walter, having almost forgotten he was with them and feeling bad about it. With a smile she shrugged and answered him, tucking a strand of her curly blonde hair behind her ear when a gust of unexplained wind blew it out of place. "Apollo cabin. Home of bad haikus and people who can fix up nearly any injury." She was rather proud to be a child of Apollo.

He may have not claimed her until she was ten, but her certainly cared and honestly when she did get to talk to him, he would spoil her rotten. This made her ever so slightly uncomfortable, but she knew he was just making up for lost time.

When she heard that Mara was going to join them in sparring, she felt a lot less confident about it. Sparring was already not her natural talent, but being compared to an accomplished girl of warfare was not helping her. "Uh, maybe I'll just stand by in case of injuries. That I'm good at." She decided.

@SirDerpingtonIV @DuskerTem @Quiet Is Violent

SirDerpingtonIV said:
She nodded, understandingly. "I know how it works," she sighed, before the small, blind girl mentioned sparring. "Oh?" she asked, raising her one eyebrow incredulously. "You two... three," she added, spotting the Zeus kid talking to the Apollo girl, "Were going to go spar?" she asked, holding her mace. She nodded. "Aye. I'll join you, I suppose," she said, shrugging lightly.
"Sweet!" Vianca smiles her slightly crooked smile and laughs. "So, I'll get the other two to over here and then we can start sparring." Vianca goes over to the other two and falls flat on her face. Damn rocks. She gets up, blushing deeply and wiping dirt off her face. "So, can we start? She asks the others quietly, trying to forget how embarrassing that freaking fall was.

Walter raised one eyebrow. She had just said she wanted to spar and now she didn't want to? That was strange but he guessed he get it. Not everything was easy to do around a big crowd. He experienced that as a kid but as he grew up, he learned to love the crowd.

He turned to the other girl, who he never got her name. "Sure! We can go."

Mara

She could immediately see the Apollo girl lose confidence when Mara volunteered, and a sort of scowl crossed her face. It made her angry that she would just give up immediately as soon as she volunteered. 'Too afraid to get close to the ugly, more like,' she thought to herself bitterly. The pretty ones were all the same. Snobby, obnoxious, and scared that anything ugly would rub off on them. People like that made her wish she could spread her scar around. "Alright," she muttered, trying to keep herself calm, before she nodded at Vianca's request to start, turning and walking back into the arena, mace in hand, taking her position near one of the walls. "I'm ready!" she called, gritting her teeth. She didn't plan to go too hard on Vianca, it wouldn't be too fair for the blind girl, after all.

Walter sighed. This was getting hard to deal with by the second. "Let's go, then." He didn't want to stand but if he didn't have anyone to spar with, the least he could do is stand and watch. "We'll just sit around and talk if you don't want to spar." Maybe he didn't want to get close to them, but that didn't mean he was an inconsiderate jerk.

Callie Fernandez

Callie didn't quite understand why Mara had scowled at her when she had spoken, but she frowned a little as she stepped aways to watch everyone spar. She never liked when others didn't like her. She knew it was stupid to care so much about what others thought, but she could not help it. She had always been a bit of a people pleaser...well maybe more than a little bit. If she had managed to offend the girl, she certainly hadn't meant to.

She sighed as she took a seat, leaning her head in her hand and letting her eyes scan the area. She looked over at Walter as he offered to sit with her, feeling bad about it. "You don't have to sit with me if you'd rather spar. I think I know someone who would spar with you, but she's kind of hard to find...well not really. In fact I bet she's stuck in Hecate cabin right now, casting spells.

@DuskerTem

Walter ignored her protests. She seemed like she needed someone to sit with her. She looked so conflicted and sad. Maybe he'd get close to her a bit. She didn't seem fake or anything and he liked it.

"You're right," he said. "I do prefer sparring but I'm willingly sitting with you." That was basically him offering a piece of himself to her. He never did that to anyone but maybe Alec and a few other campers, so this was rare.

Vianca goes into the arena and taps her bracelets together, arming herself with dual knives. One was celestial bronze. the other was iron. She could hurt both humans and monsters with her weapons. That's the only thing she ever got from her mom. It was the only time she even got to talk to her mom. Vianca doesn't care, though. Her mother is a goddess. She has more important things to deal with than her daughter. "I'm ready too. Is anyone else joining, or is it just us?"

Callie Fernandez

Callie was rather surprised that he was willing to just sit and talk to her. It wasn't easy for demigods to do that, what with the ADHD and all. Even she found it hard most of the time, but she made room for him to sit beside her anyway. "You know, sometimes I wish I was good with close combat weapons," She said as she fiddled with the treble clef shaped necklace around her neck and looked out at the now slightly cloudy sky.

"All I have is this necklace. It doesn't look like much, but it's actually a dagger. It's literally the only weapon I can use without probably maiming someone for life!" She chuckled dryly, "Probably cause it's easy to throw and aim at people.." She sighed, trying to cheer up a little.

@DuskerTem

He gave her an understanding smile. He understood her well enough. He had the same insecurities though he rarely said anything about them. "Wanna know something about me? The only weapon I can use is a sword. Beside that, I can use my legs and arms but that's about it." There he said it. But that wasn'tthe point of telling her that. He continued, saying, "But I try to use other methods of fighting. If there's anything that's stopping you from doing the things you're horrible at, try to face it. But I'm not pressuring you or anything."

Mara

Mara stood, realizing that she would have to fight Vianca, and just Vianca. She sighed, "Are you ready, Vianca?" she asked, her amber eye flickering to the two in the stands, a growing dislike for them already present. Her eye moved back to Vianca, and her grip tightened. "I'm coming at you now," she warned, before moving forward, speeding into a sprint, her feet heavy upon the ground. As she drew near, she pulled the mace back, swinging it horizontally from right to left at the smaller girl.

Vianca smirked. No need for warnings. She could hear her feet on the ground. When the mace pulled back, Vianca heard it tear through the air, and just before it contacted her, Vianca ducked, rolling to the side and slashing her bronze knife where she estimated Mara's ankle would be if she continued at the same velocity.

Callie Fernandez

Callie raised an eyebrow when he admitted he could only wield a sword. This surprised her more than it probably should have. After all, she had mostly just assumed that children of the Big Three were good at nearly everything. Naive she knew, but it was a comfort to hear he wasn't perfect.' She smiled slightly and nodded. "Yeah, I know you're right...I guess, but it's not like I don't try. I've tried for ten years and I still can't get a hang of it. Perhaps I'll get better at combat that doesn't involve my bow. One day." She smiled a little brighter now and looked over at him.

"I bet it's hard for you, having so many expectations thrust upon you. I bet people expect you to never put a foot wrong. Maybe I can teach you some archery!" She enthused, her green eyes wide now.

@DuskerTem

Mara

Surprised as the girl moved, Mara didn't have the time to turn, the knife cutting across her ankle. She turned with a snarl, swinging the mace downwards vertically towards the girl, a blossoming, burning pain in her foot. She knew she would fall soon enough, but hopefully she could end the fight before then.

(Finally home again!)

Raven had been lost in thought, though about nothing in particular. She finally snapped out of it when a slight chill crawled up her spine, little bumps rising on her skin. It was summer, it should't be cold, right? Maybe there was a storm coming... But even then, weather usually passed over camp.

Shaking her head, she dropped by the Hades cabin again for a jacket, and started towards the arena. She'd overheard people were going to spar during her blanking out, and was in the mood for some warming up before the game later.

As she got closer, Raven spotted her brother hacking at a bunch of dummies, two people sparring, two people sitting- wait, someone had gotten hit during the fight. A familiar uncomfortable feeling rose in the pit of her stomach as blood was clearly visible on the larger girl's ankle. She still didn't understand why people insisted upon using real weapons for simple sparring, but to each their own. More danger, more reflexive learning she guessed.

Leaning against the outer wall, Raven settled down to watch.

Vianca heard the mace tear through the air again. She didn't have much time to react. Vianca rolls to the side, narrowly escaping the mace. She clicks her tongue and finds Mara, standing quickly. Mara has a few advantages. But so does Vianca. So she knows that she has to out-dodge Mara if she wants to win this.

@SirDerpingtonIV

[QUOTE="Quiet Is Violent]Vianca heard the mace tear through the air again. She didn't have much time to react. Vianca rolls to the side, narrowly escaping the mace. She clicks her tongue and finds Mara, standing quickly. Mara has a few advantages. But so does Vianca. So she knows that she has to out-dodge Mara if she wants to win this.

[/QUOTE]
To change up her tactics, Mara moves forward, the mace moving as if its about to swing, before she swings forward with her leg towards the smaller girl's, attempting to kick it out from under her. The girl seemed swifter than Mara had anticipated, and perhaps she could hear Mara's heavy foosteps and mace.

Walter nodded at Callie's words. Those were too true. People always expect him to be the perfect son of Zues like his half-siblings the Graces. Those two were brave and flawless in their fights. He, on the other hand, could only lift a sword to save his life. He felt so pathetic. But at least he wasn't the only one that felt like this.

Though it was sweet of Callie to offer the help. "Sure. Though if you're gonna teach me archery, I'm gonna have to train with you sword fighting. I can't only take. I have to give at least once a year," he said jokingly. Though he was serious about his offer.

Callie Fernandez

Callie laughed a little at the joke, figuring he was probably serious about teaching her. He seemed like a nice enough person and was rather fun to talk to. She figured he would take him up on his offer since she had grown rather restless sitting there. She put out her hand for him to shake. "Alright, deal. You teach me sword fighting and I'll teach you archery. i'll be surprised if I progress at all. I'll eat ten golden drachma if I do!" She laughed again.

@DuskerTem

Lea Chan

Lea had woken up early as she always did so that she could rifle through her beloved spell book for spells she hadn't tried just yet. She loved the peace of Hecate cabin and revelled in it. Unfortunately her peace was ruined when she heard the sounds of campers stampeding through the gates. "Great!" she sighed, muttering to herself.

She supposed she would head out of the cabin and at least watch them all arrive. When she headed out, spell book in hand, she noticed a pair of girls sparring and a few watching. She had to admit she liked watching people spar, and sometimes she would spar herself. She took a seat nearby to watch for a moment. A few minutes wouldn't cut too far into her busy magic schedule.

Ryan stepped out of Cabin five, squinting slightly in the bright sun as he looked about. Both new and returning campers seemed to be showing up today, which meant there'd be some confusion as more people arrived and claimed their bunks, a process he wanted to avoid.

Standing still in the door way, he thought for a brief moment before darting back inside and grabbing his weapons. The arena. I can get some practise in before the game later. Strolling across the area where the cabins where situated, he started for the arena, not suspecting there would be many people there as most all year campers were greeting their returning and friends.

Upon arriving, Ryan noticed he wasn't the only one who'd come to practice and there were already a fair few people there. He saw the two Hades kids, there being few on camp who didn't know the kids of the Big Three in some way or another. Raven and...Alec? Something like that. Then there was Walter, one of Zeus's kids chatting to some girl he had seen on camp before but never really spoken to. His gaze went to the two girls already sparring, one being another he didn't recognize, the other being Mara, a fellow Cabin five occupant.

All though he didn't socialize much, he decided he might as well see if anyone wanted to spar. Ryan head over to Walter and the girl, giving what he though was a friendly smile, before greeting them. "Hey....Your Walter right? And you...? He gave the girl a questioning look as he finished his sentence. "Either of you down for a bit of a fight? It'll be god

Users who are viewing this thread

Back