• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Penance Behind the Veil -- Interest Check

Coin

world's okayest lobotomite
Main Thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/penance-behind-the-veil.138994/

Name of RP: Penance Behind the Veil

Theme: Low fantasy, dark horror

Type: Detailed, moderate to experienced

Tempo: ~1-5 posts per week, probably

Pitch:

Dear sir or madame,

You have been cordially invited to join his royal highness, PRINCE CERIL THE FIRST OF THE AMBRYN CROWN in an official expedition lead by the prince himself to the Western border of Regalis where a lasting fog, known as The Veil, has settled on the land.

On this expedition, the gallant prince and his entourage will investigate the mysterious nature of the Veil and why it has caused the silence of all settlements within, including mysterious disappearances of any and all scouts that venture within the fog. As incentive beyond serving the Ambryn Crown, all knights will be paid their horse's weight in gold and all other affiliate parties will be paid five thousand imperial ounces in silver coin upon successful return from the venture.

Signed,

Ceril Ambryn I

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be totally interested in this rp. I love horror and fantasy! I haven't rp'ed in a long time tho, so I'm probably a little rusty. I have about 6 years experience in forums and normally write 3-5 paragraphs per post, depending upon my creative flow... So uhm, what else would you like to know about me? If you're interested as well, how do we begin? Writing character sheets?

Generally, will the story-line be linear and thought out before hand, or will players have input into the adventure and our characters have some open-world freedom?

I'm formally interested! I'd like to reserve a spot as a knight if you'd be so kind. Are there female knights in this world? I ask mostly because I have a lot of female character art in this style I'd like to stick characters to at the moment.

@MedievalMethods

Players will have input along a semi-linear, though open world in execution. It will be sort of lead by the Prince, of course as a proto-GM.

If I sound confusing, I'm sorry. It's just a mix of both linear and open world exploration.

@Space Cowboy Ein

I can indeed reserve a slot for you. There will be female knights. Whew. That was a much more simple answer.

Coin said:
@MedievalMethods
Players will have input along a semi-linear, though open world in execution. It will be sort of lead by the Prince, of course as a proto-GM.

If I sound confusing, I'm sorry. It's just a mix of both linear and open world exploration.

@Space Cowboy Ein

I can indeed reserve a slot for you. There will be female knights. Whew. That was a much more simple answer.
Sorry if I went all scientific on you xD

No confusion, I understand. Apps pretty extensive, so I probably won't get it up tonight. Tomorrow most likely.

Also, as a pro on this forum, would you be willing to do a critique on my own RP interest thread? Lack of interest is telling me I must have done something wrong, but I can't see what. Would appreciate an outside perspective on it.

Here are some more people who might be interest in this roleplay!

@Mr. Grin, @DescriptedEnd, and @Mordecai

I know that some of us are already in roleplays together, but I figured that there is no harm in trying! If any of you guys are craving some low fantasy/ horror stories, we need males! ( :D )

I also know that the character I signed up with may or may not be already signed up for a particular one on one, but hear me out, I've played males all of my roleplaying life. I need to get in touch with my inner, female warrior. xD

If you are not interested, or if you can't join because you're booked, spread the word! Right now, the poor Prince is surrounded by females!

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]Oof... the temptation is high.

[/QUOTE]
Do eeeeet.

shia.jpg

I'd like to reserve a spot for auxiliary, if that's alright. Would a scout with a penchant for nature be acceptable?

If I ever get my character done for that other rp I'm signing up for sure.

Haven't been a dude in a while

Just out of curousity's sake, since I'm most likely going to be his squire - who reserved the knight position?

Kagura said:
If I ever get my character done for that other rp I'm signing up for sure.
Haven't been a dude in a while

Just out of curousity's sake, since I'm most likely going to be his squire - who reserved the knight position?
@Effervescent

Effervescent said:
Indeed, it is me! Want to collab for some background or anything? I'm still in the process of writing everything up.
Yesss sir - the plans the ploys, the secretly gay lov-

I mean what?

If you guys are ever interested, we do a lot of planning over TS, too! (^.^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back