• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Peaky Blinders

Tommy Shelby
Tommy sighed. He thought for a moment. He certainly would need to go over his plan a few times, to work out any kinks. "Well, that's the thing, it would depend on, if this deal goes through, the amount of ruination it would mean for your family."

Essie Rosen

"No," Essie replied, shaking her head, her voice soft. "I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to betray you, sir." Even if she was still nervous around Alfie, she did feel a sense of loyalty to him.

Alfie chuckled. Funny. A square girl promising loyalty to a man. A bad man like him. "Now why is that? You know if my affairs to a sense. you very clearly know what people....of your kind..." he gravelled on lowly, "See me as. I havent done you nothing other than the work. What is it to you then?" He looked over at her the first time he had since he started driving

Esperanza nodded, she bit her lip, "I know...you're the thinking man...of the business. So I wouldn't want to step into those dealings. But I can help you with them..," she very clearly had all his answers and had an intuition to her

Tommy Shelby
Tommy looked at her with a curious expression on his face. He was intrigued by this young woman. She seemed to know him so well already. That was no small task, and he was already impressed with her. "And how can you do that, Miss Levectoria? Because, honestly, you have been a big help already."

Essie Rosen
"Well, I don't know what you mean by 'people of my kind' but you've been a good boss to me, Mr. Solomons," said Essie, looking at him. "The best I've had actually. If I'm being honest, I haven't had the best luck in that department in the past."

Esperanza watched him, raising a surprised eyebrow, and a timid light grin just enough to dimple the corners of her lips but not fully enough to fully show shes relaxed. She looked around timidly and found a piece of paper and pen and sat down across from him, stiff as board. No confidence. She walked timidly with her head down to the floor not daring to look at him as if shes doing something bad as to even be standing. She began writing out names with monetary number figures next to them and percentages. She had a nice little list of business dealings with families around the world. Of course, they'd be universal they're bloody gypsies. Her elegant cursive writing coasted the paper with a fountain pen. She then paused and slide it around so he could read it. " this is all my families business dealings." She then circled Capone's name and number figure. Highest percentage. Highest pay amd easily doubles or triples the rest of the dealings. "If you take the amount he pays them and take it out of the equation.....with all other business combined ....they get barely 25% the figure of what hes paying... so...yes. you would hurt them. But gypsies as you know....are used to nothing." Which wasclearly an explanation in itself of why she wrote those other names if he wished to meddle in them too. "If Capone says no..." she flipped the paper over, she drew a perfect blueprint of the warehouses and docks with traps clearly marked to steal or whatever havoc he wished. She paused for a moment, "Capones weak links are always going to be family....cover your own families tracks and you can use...." she spoke an trialed off as she scribbled family facts down. Dirty little secrets of prison and treason, business dealings in themselves of the Capone families. She paused clearly trying to think of other ways he could approach, staring down at the small coffee table between them, her eyes wandering over the paper. "I...am...sure there is more but I'm...not 100% right now...so I apologize....but...there is a lot there if anything goes awry...however. if you use me to negotiate...i highly doubt it will. It's how much pay off it is to you and your family." She stated simply as she straightened her back into her seat

Alfie cackled nearly turning blue to her response. Oh the bloody fuckin irony. An unhinged man with anger issues and a delicate view of the world, who deals in booze and illegal drugs, kills people and sometimes simply because they pissed him off. All these things he knew about himself, and was content with. And she says this is the best experience she ever had, "Oh fookin' hell that's bloody brilliant." He barely managed out as he wiped the tears from his eyes caused by amusement, "Girl, you make me sound like a saint coming from your background, I'd be careful with them words." He snickered as he pulled up to his headquarters. "You fookin'lost it, ain't ya?" He said simply, still snickering as he got out of the car. A sick part of him wanted to scare her a little, just for the shit of it. Maybe she was a little too far off for reality, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Not to her. No. As those thoughts passed through his head, guilt filled him. After all shes seen. Heard. Knows. The dark nasty things anyone would know in his business, plus just. A tad more. And she calls it the best experience. "Bloody fuckin' hell that's actually depressin' as fuck."

Tommy Shelby
Tommy watched her with interest as she got up and started walking. He didn't say anything, not voicing his curiosity to know what it was that she was doing. He doubted that she had any sort of ill intent with whatever she was doing. He wasn't worried about what she was doing, but rather intrigued to see where this was going. He stayed where he was, wanting her to see what she was writing, but waiting patiently to let her finish it up without asking. He did feel bad watching her walk so stiffly, without any confidence. Of course, it wasn't anything that he showed, and he had quickly come to realize that she did not like it when he offered her pity. Understandable, of course. He hadn't exactly had the easiest upbringing and the war had done things to him, he hadn't come home the same. Still, he did not want pity for that. Still, this was all very useful information. It could secure a useful alliance and bring down one of his enemies. It was very good, productive, killing two birds with one stone. "Thank you," his voice was sincere. "This is all very useful information."

Essie Rosen
"You are the only boss I have had that has not tried to get me in bed, and you haven't threatened to dock my pay cause of that," said Essie, not really thinking before she was speaking. Was it the few sips of whiskey? Well, she felt a little tipsy after a glass of gin. She supposed she was rather a lightweight. She also had a rather optimistic, or perhaps it was naive, idea that people were not entirely unforgivable. She did think there were some acts that were, but she believed that it was rare. She didn't think Alfie was all that bad, although not trying to lure her into bed wasn't exactly the highest standards to reach. She supposed there was something rather humorous about it. "I suppose the bar has been set pretty low. God, I suppose that is all little depressing."

Esperanza smiled slightly, nodding a bit. "Do you need anything else for now?" She spoke softly

Alfor listened intently and hummed lightly at her initial response. It was true. Alfie wasnt one to lay bed a coworker or anyone close to him, he had prostitutes for that. Though. he thought that very same thing, her bar is deathly low. He laughed lightly, "yes yes it very much is." He wondered if she had any good male role models, boyfriends , or anything that would set that bar a tad higher outside of emplpy

Tommy Shelby
“No, thank you, Miss Levectoria, your information, it is much appreciated,” said Tommy, trying to sound as sincere as possible. It wasn’t that he wasn’t grateful, he was, but he didn’t know how to properly express that. “Would you like something to eat? I don’t say this out pity, but out of gratitude.”

Essie Rosen
Essie knew Alfie didn’t care about her personal problems and she wasn’t going to burden him. “Well, I don’t find it useful to dwell on that. I’ll get back to work, shall I, sir?”

Esperanza listened to him, nodding a bit, "uhm...okay....yeah that would be good...I havent for a while...." how she spoke sounded uneasy, maybe like a 'while 'has been days.

Alfie hummed, "Gonna mess up my books now after all that shock?" He tried to be empathetic, he couldn't help but to be a bit more than his usual tact with her

Last edited:
Tommy Shelby
"Alright, I'll take you to the dining room and have the kitchen staff send something up," said Tommy. "Or if you prefer, I can take you upstairs, and you can have it in your room, if you would prefer?

Essie Rosen
Essie gave him a small smile. "Don't worry, sir. Math was always my strongest subject. It'll take more than a shock to mess that up."

Esperanza definitely would feel uncomfortable having others fix her food, "it's okay I dont really. Need to be..." she wasnt useful to this. Catering to. Gypsy life was you yourself and I or family contributions. "Can I just...fix myself a sandwich if that's alright...and I'll go to wherever you want me to stay...?" She spoke very humbly, you could tell shes never been catered to before.

Alfie was honestly impressed, he questioned if it would be best for her, however. But then again, he needed her up to par. He stared at her for a moment blankly though very much present and abruptly started speaking, "very well. By 4 I expect you gone." Early hour shift. Most definitely not enough time for her to finish her books but time for her to recover.

Tommy Shelby
Tommy looked Esperanza up and down. She looked a little too thin. He was not going to let her go make her own food. "No," he said. But he knew that she wouldn't take anything out of pity. "You're a guest in my house, and guests in my house don't fix their own food. So I'll take you upstairs, and I'll tell the chef to fix something to eat, and they'll bring it up to you."

Essie Rosen
In all honesty, Essie would be over what happened far faster if she had something to keep her mind occupied. And the fastest and easiest way for her to keep her mind occupied was for her to work. She was a little surprised that he was going to give her the rest of the day off. "Oh, alright, if you're sure. I don't mind working my whole shift."

Esperanza blinked. She had a very blank expression like she wasnt armed and ready with this knowledge of his etiquette. She paused for a minute not knowing what to do. She nodded very slowly, "okay....thank you very much, Mr. Shelby..." she seemed very flustered now and quiet as a mouse. "W-where uhm would you like me to stay, sir?"

Alfie just hummed it response and walked away. He wanted to see this play out. How shed behave, the long term effects he could recognize within a snap, even if he was desensitized to it, the newbies always showed it more. He walked into his office and began filling out paper work leaving her on her own accord

Tommy Shelby
"You can call me Tommy," he said. "Come on, follow me, I'll show you to your room." He led her out of the room and up the stairs of his grand country manner, the walls lined with oil paintings of himself, his son, his dead wife, and many of his horses.

Essie Rosen
Upon getting to her desk, Essie threw herself into her work, not taking any opportunity to actually deal with what was happening, but rather suppress it and bury herself in work. It wasn't the healthiest way of dealing with things but it was the way she normally dealt with things.

The young gypsy woman nodded with the smallest of smiles as she walked up the steps with him, her curls got in her face slightly as she kept her head down, but she couldn't help but to notice the photos of his family. She questioned the woman, she had no sight of her yet. But then again, even the sight of Charlie was a very apparent mishap. "Tommy it is then."

Alfie knew her tactic the moment she offered to resume work. He looked up from his papers to watch the woman from across the hall. His mind buzzed. It's how he coped until he lashed out and boiled over, it's how everyone around him copes or they sink. But she was very different. She wasnt a brute, and the kindness in her he almost wished to preserve. The conflict between protecting her with hardening her, testing her, and promoting her innocence. He didnt like his conundrum at all. It angered him he was even having this debate with himself. His jaw tightened as he watched her and took a swig of his whiskey straight of the bottle.

Tommy Shelby
He led her to a room that was as lavish as the rest of the house, though clearly a guest bedroom. Every little thing in the room was clearly expensive, even in some of the trinkets that were lying around. Grace had designed it, as she had the rest of the rooms in the house. Tommy was a smart man, but on the subject of interior design, he was lost. "This will be your room. If you want anything just pull that rope and it will alert the servants. They'll be here whenever you need." He gestured to the bell-rope that was beside the bed. "Is there anything in particular you would like to eat?"

Essie Rosen
Essie wouldn't complain, even if she felt the need to. She wasn't naive. She knew of the violence in the world, she had seen some of it. But she had never been as close to it as she was today, and she felt her self touching the little scar that was forming at her neck from where she was cut, as she was checking to make sure that her adding up was correct. She didn't want to dwell on it. It happened, it was over. She didn't want to replay all the details in her mind. She couldn't. Keep on going, keep on going. It was what she had been taught all her life.

Esperanza blinked. This was all too much. Too much for someone like her. She nodded slowly looking at the rope quizzically, how odd....she seemed lost in what world he was ever so used to as the years went on, "I'm not picky.. a sandwich would be fine..." she spoke lightly, "Thank you.."

Alfie sighed lightly. A conundrum he faced. He simply got off and went for a walk with his whiskey bottle monetarily to clear his mind

Tommy Shelby
Tommy nodded. "Alright, then, it'll be up shortly," Tommy said. He turned to leave the room and went downstairs, seeing Frances, his housekeeper. He gave her the instructions to bring up a sandwich, as well as something else to go along with it. Frances nodded and within twenty minutes, she was upstairs at Esperanza's room carrying a tray with two sandwiches, as well as a cup of tea and some biscuits to go along with it. She knocked on the door before entering and setting the tray on the desk. "Is there anything else you need, Miss Levectoria?"

Essie Rosen
Essie looked up from her work as she saw Alfie pass by her with a bottle of whiskey. She watched him with wide curious eyes, but she said nothing. She got back to work immediately. Not wanting to take a second to replay the days events in her mind.

Esperanza stared at her, giving her a thankful smile, very humbled by if clearly, very carefully taking the tray. She observed her. She seemed happy. Not enslaved... she smile twitched a little wider, "N-no...thank you so much this is...more than enough...." she stammered timidly

Alfie grumbled as he walked down the street. Whatever would he do with her? He came back momentarily, about an hour later and walked back in. Four sharp. "Time to go, Essie." He was dead silent as he walked in, and quietly stood just behind her to hear.

Tommy Shelby
Frances nodded. "If you need anything else, ma'am, please don't hesitate to ask." With a small but warm smile, Frances turned and left. Meanwhile, Tommy had retreated to his study, thinking his plan over, and trying to work out all the kinks in his plan. He would still need more information, but for now, what he had would do wonders for his business.

Essie Rosen
Essie had become so engrossed in her work that she hadn't even noticed Alfie come in, let alone realize what time it was. She jumped a little as she heard Alfie. "Oh, if you're sure. I don't mind working the rest of my shift." A part of her was afraid to be on her own for the night, and she didn't want to focus on that fear.

Alfie grew quiet, sighing, "You cant work all night...you got to sleep sometime. Or you'll drive yourself man. C'mon." He groaned, clearly already grumpy with his decision as he walked away, "if that ass ain't up that bloody seat I'll toss you in my car."

Esperanza ate what felt like an eternity without food. God it was good. She started to shake in the foreign room. Her nerves ran rampant. She looked around almost afraid to touch anything in it. After she ate she got up to go to the bath and soaked herself from the mud and dirt from her fall

Tommy Shelby
Tommy sat in his study, continuing on his plan. He was trying to maximize the effect that this deal would have on his business, as well as make sure he had his revenge on the Levectoria family. However, his mind started to wander to the young Levectoria woman that was upstairs. He was intrigued by her. He couldn't help himself from wanting to know more about her.

Essie Rosen
Essie sighed as she stood up, grabbing her coat and hat as she did so. "Yes, sir." She tried to hold her fear as she buttoned her coat up. She was already nervous enough in this place. She didn't want to show just how terrified she actually was now.

The nice hot bath was a relief though her anxiety ran rampant. She didnt belong here. She began taking deep breaths and sank lower in the water, closing her eyes. Deep shit. Were in very deep shit. All because of her fucking family, now shes just pawned off to the capones practically, whose no better. She sniffled as it all hit her as all the makeup wiped from her face as the carnage looked back at her in the reflection of her bath water. She took a shaky breath and wiped her tears and just got out of the bath clearly not able to relax. She found a robe and towel and dried off, wrapping herself in the robe with her hair up in the towel. As her mind swarmed her thoughts looped to the man behind it all, the man she gave her fate to. She curled under the blankets closing her eyes, brainstorming and dissecting, distracting her from what seems like her set, horrific future.

Alfie remained stoic as he walked to the car and hopped in, he turned the engine and didnt say a word and just began driving.

Tommy Shelby
Tommy would offer his protection to Esperanza, of that much, he was certain. She had provided too much valuable information and was offering a good opportunity to take down one of his rivals. Rivals that were her own blood. The girl intrigue him more than she should have. And it didn't help that she was very lovely. But for now, he would leave her to her own devices. He wouldn't try to get any more information out of her tonight. She looked like she was in need of a rest, and talk of business would only interfere with that.

Essie Rosen
Under any other circumstances, Essie would have protested to a ride home, as she didn't need any sort of fuss caused over her, or anyone's time wasted on her. But today, she was shaken up, and she didn't want to walk all the way home, paranoid at every noise she had. Even if it was fairly early and there were still plenty of people out. "Thank you for the ride Mr. Solomons," said Essie, her voice soft.

Esperanza did pass out in the midst of her thoughts. Sleeping for a good 12 hours, most likely the first time shes slept fully or at all in a long while. She got up and got back in her old dress. She sighed. She had nothing of her own. Especially.make up. She didnt want to leave her room without covering it. She sat st the edge of the bed, staring at the door, not able to summon the courage to leave in her state.

Alfie hummed softly. No. He wasnt going to her house. This as a route unknown to her. He was quiet the whole way

Tommy Shelby
Tommy had instructed Frances to use one of Ada's dresses that she kept here, and to put it in Esperanza's room. He knew that his sister wouldn't mind. He rarely slept and spent most nights late in his office after saying good night to Charlie. He spent most of the night on his plan, trying to get it as right as he could so that in the morning he could talk to Esperanza about it, and she could help finalize it.

Essie Rosen
Essie became lost in her thoughts. She tried to block out the events of the day, still scared for the night to come. She really didn't have any reason to be, still she couldn't help but feel nervous. It wasn't until quite some time that she actually realized that this wasn't the way to her home. "Mr. Solomons, where are we going?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back