• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Peaky Blinders

Esperanza smiled lightly, nodding a bit, "I'd like to do something other than. Sitting. Around." She mumbled nervously, "What else can I do to help?"

Alfie looked over at her..she was certainly beautiful. Too beautiful for someone so ugly like him. Someone ugly on the inside, he nodded checking the time, gazing at the grandfather clock. "We have an hour. Feel free to.use the bath in your room and whatever else you need." He spoke plainly and walked off

Tommy Shelby
Tommy thought for a moment, and then looked around his desk. He picked up a file and quickly looked through it before handing it to Esperanza. "If you don't mind, could you sort out the papers in here alphabetically?"

Essie Rosen
Essie gave him a small smile. "Thank you, sir," she said out of habit. She made her way back to her room and took a quick bath. She changed and put her hair up in a simple style, with a few little bits hanging down, before grabbing her things and leaving.

Esperanza nodded, and she began sorting them very quietly, and focused. She bit her lip, and looked about her lip. She took some sticky notes and wrote each letter so he knew where theh start and a new letter began.

Alfie just grunted in response as he got dressed himself and put on his hat and began to walk around and waited for her patiently

Tommy Shelby
Tommy sat at his desk, scribbling away, working out the kinks in his plan, making sure that there was no possible way that this could go wrong. He found himself looking up every few minutes towards Esperanza for a second or two, before getting back to his work. After a few more minutes he spoke. "Do you know of any members of Capone's gang who are close to him, but not related by blood?"

Essie Rosen

Essie finished getting ready, making sure she looked neat enough. She pinched her cheeks to give them a bit of color. She knew more and more women were wearing rogue, but this was the way her mother had taught her. Rogue was for prostitutes, her mother had said. And she would know, for Essie had seen her put rogue on many nights. Once she was done she left her room to find Alfie.

Last edited:
Esperanza frowns slightly, shaking her head, "I wish I could say for certain...I was never invited to meetings and in house meetings were locked away in the basement.."

Alfie chuckled as she pinched her cheeks, "Neat trick there...but it's a lot less painful without that...smeary...stuff..." he hopped in the car

Tommy Shelby
"That's all right, it won't be important for a little while," said Tommy. He knew that blood wouldn't be able to be bought out. But those who were close but not related could be. Still he could bide his time a little while till he found out who he could buy loyalty from.

Essie Rosen
"My mum made me swear that I'd never wear rogue," said Essie, as she got in the car. She decided not to go into detail on why that was. It only led to people judging her, which she could handle, and her mother, which she couldn't.

Esperanza nodded a bit as she shifted through the papers quickly so he knew she wasnt reading them as she went for one and to be efficient. She felt his eyes every now and again but she kept her eyes down timidly though she did steal glances when she felt him look away now and again. She chewed her lower lip nervously as she shuffled through the rather large stacks

Alfie already assumed the answer to why, it wasnt too long ago it was frowned upon. He grunted in response. In all honesty, scanning upon her face momentarily, maybe it was just an excuse to steal a glance, maybe one he justified. "Dont need it anyway." He muttered rather casually and began driving.

Tommy Shelby

Tommy really wasn't worried about her finding out information. He had really just given her busy work that was mostly just receipts for stuff he had bought for the office, nothing of real importance, desks and typewrites and the like. Still he wanted to keep them for records, as he was sure that he would need to. He felt himself look up at her every couple of minutes really not seeing a reason for him to do so. He had to constantly remind himself that he was working on a plan to get a business deal with one of, if not the biggest gangsters in America. He couldn't have any sort of distractions.

Essie Rosen
"It's just habit, I suppose," Essie muttered in her breath. It was something she had done every morning after she had dressed. He was right though, she didn't need it. She blushed so easily, it would probably be irrelevant to pinch her cheeks. She looked down at her lap and began to twiddle her fingers, trying to calm her nerves.

Esperanza bit her lip nervously a bit harder, drawing a little blood, she kept her eyes down at her work as she spoke very timidly, "Am I doing something wrong?" She murmured, clearly noticing the glances

Alfie nodded, the drive was relatively short as he pulled up to the warehouse and climbed out, walking toward the door throwing the ice cream truck like doors open wide as the whole mad uouse operation noises echoed out from inside, clapping his hands together, "Jacky boy pulled your bloody weight." He barked as he examined the operation, the madness of production, he held one door just long enough for Essie.

Tommy Shelby
Tommy looked at her with a confused expression, and he looked back down at his work for a second and then back at her. "No," he said. "Not at all. Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated."

Essie Rosen
Essie said nothing as she got out of the car and followed Alfie into the warehouse. She stiffened up as she walked inside, a normal reaction for her, it seemed. She kept her eyes on the ground, too scared to make eye contact with anyone.

Esperanza blinked. She seemed confused herself. She nodded a bit, did the last few papers and wandered off. She felt uneasy in this situation and awkward. She didnt know how to read him fully, this was all new to her. Her bare feet lightly tapped against the stairs back in her room. She slipped on her shoes and came back down, walking out of the house. No use of her sitting around if she could be proactively trying to leave and get a job, get a grasp of freedom

Alfie wasnt surprised by her reaction at all as he made his way to his office. It wasnt healthy. She shouldn't be here or she should toughen up. For her sake. He debated how to about the mess as he organized his paperwork with Capone

Tommy Shelby
Tommy didn't bat an eye as she finished and left the room. He continued on with his work until he heard one of the doors open. Due to their size, he could hear the sound. He looked out the window of his study and he saw Esperanza walking down the front path. "Fuck," he muttered, as he stood up and rushed to the door. "Esperanza!" he called out.

Essie Rosen

Essie followed Alfie until she reached her desk. She hung up her coat and hat and immediately began getting to work. She engrossed herself in her work, trying to distract herself.

Esperanza jolted and spun around, she looked really small and backed away from him a bit, her eyes slightly wide. "I-im just...going to an I-interview.." she spoke meekly.

Alfie sighed, grumbling as he looked over at her. A couple hours past with his work and then with that. He made a decision. He walked over to her office, actually knocking instead of barging in as he usually does

Tommy Shelby
"Oh, an interview," Tommy said in a voice that showed he didn't believe a word that she was saying. "Who do you have an interview with?"

Essie Rosen
Essie jumped a little in surprise as she heard a knock at her door. Alfie, being the only one who came into her office on a regular basis, never knocked. "Yes?" she called out, half confused, half nervous.

Esperanza flinched at his words, "If I was going to do..something stupid..do you really think...I'd use the bloody front door? I'm going to the pub. Down the street. And don't as I promised....n' asking for an interview.. " she spoke quietly with fear laced in her voice

Alfie stepped in as soon as she gave him permission, being the impatient man he is. He casually strode in and leaned in the doorway with his arms crossed, gun in his hand, casually, "Ever been shooting?".

Tommy Shelby

Tommy's face softened the tiniest bit. "The pub? Do you really think that any place would hire a gypsy girl without references or a resume?" Tommy knew that it was a harsh truth, but he was aware of how things worked.

Essie Rosen
Essie stood as Alfie entered her office. A confused look spread across her face as he asked if she'd ever been shooting. "Shoo... Er, no, sir, I haven't."

Esperanza shrugged, "Gypsies are great liars. I learned from the best..." she had an envelope in her hand, clearly a made up resume.

Alfie nodded, "Grab your coat..." and he walked out

Tommy Shelby
Tommy nodded. Still not convinced her plan would work, he stayed quiet for a moment. "What about a reference? You'll need one of those. And you'll be in trouble if someone follows up on it and discovers you're lying." He stated it plainly. He didn't think a pub would be a place to follow up on references like Shelby Company Limited, but he thought it better to be safe than sorry.

Essie Rosen
Essie did as she was instructed, gabbing her coat and slipping it on. She grabbed her hat and put it on as she followed Alfie. "Mr. Solomons," Essie said, "I don't understand."

She understood his resistance to her plan, but she had her own ways of proving herself. It was a gypsy trade after all. She just smiled softly and shrugged, walking away, with a bit of confidence that she hadn't had before.

"You're gon' stick around, you gon' need to shoot. Just in 'case." He spoke plainly. His heavy wool coat covered half of the side of his face, only really exposing view of his beard.

Tommy Shelby
Tommy watched as she began to walk away. For once, he was caught speechless. He watched her for a moment, before he spoke up. "Wait," he said. "Will you allow me to right you a reference. With that, a job is guaranteed.

Essie Rosen
"Oh," was all Essie was able to say as she followed him. She was a little nervous. She did own a gun, simply for protection purposes, but she never had to use it. Perhaps it would be a good idea for her to learn how to shoot.

Esperanza kept walking, with timidness in her step. Her frail gentle steps, spun into a soft gaze behind her at the Shelby, "Thank you. But you've done enough for me." She spoke humbly and walked down the road. A black unmarked Bemtly sped up to the roadway as Esperanza crossed, but didn't hit her. she didnt seem like she cared from her unwavering interest and the calm in her step, as if it didnt exist. She never turned back.

Arthur trudged out and glanced back at her, confused, "Oi! The fuck you think you goin!?" He barked at her, trudging his eat harshly, the gravel under his heels crackling like pop its fireworks. Esperanza quickly ducked out of the way as if he was going to kill her just from his tone. She stared at him with wild wide eyes. She bit her lip. "I dont belong. To anyone. Anymore." She whispered, staring back at the eldest shelby, her fear rippled through her body like tidal waves but she stood unwavered. Her feet shuffled under her nervously as her body twitched into motion, her body shook as she turned her back toward him and began walking. "I'll see. Thomas. Tonight. If you are at the house. I'll b'seein' you too." She muttered. She couldn't help but to be polite, "h-have...a good day..."

Alfie glanced at her, "You get your own gun. No numbers on em'. Use as you need it. Bring it to work everyday." He instructed as he handed her a cherry red pistol gripped Darenger.

Last edited:
Tommy Shelby

Tommy didn't exactly know how to respond. It was odd, he was always used to being in complete control over any given situation, and when he wasn't it never felt right. He didn't know many who would deny someone a job with his name on the reference. While he was always professional, his name alone carried the warning of 'give this person the job, or else.' His signature was a a threat in and of itself. He was only able to silently watch as his brother drove up and almost ran into Esperanza. He was about to lunge forward and push her out of the way, but he didn't have time for that. "All right, then," said Tommy. "Good luck." He began leading his brother into the house. "You gonna tell me what the fuck that was about?" Arthur asked. "Later, brother, later," said Tommy. "Right now, there's business to discuss."

Essie Rosen
"Yes, sir," said Essie as she held the gun. She was incredibly nervous to be holding it, let alone firing it. She hadn't even held the gun she owned. She kept it in the case. But she would be glad to start taking it to work, as she was often nervous walking home alone. "I have a gun, I'll see if I can get the numbers off."

Esperanza was gone for hours, a full 8 hours in fact. Arthur was still mulling over paperwork with Tommy before he piped up, "The fuck is that gypsy girl..Tom we can't trust her out there on her own. We should track her down. If she ain't that that pub down the street..." his voice rose with suspicion and gravelled anger. He did not trust that woman with an inch of his life knowing what she put Tom in the lines of fire.

Alfie side glanced at her hand, "No, leave it home. This one only." He muttered. "First rule to handling a gun is to pretend to feel comfortable with it at least." At a stop he gently took her hands and wrapped it around the gun, putting the safety on with her own thumb, finger away from trigger. He honestly admired her soft, innocent hands. No impurities such as cuts, callouses or wounds as he did, at the most the daintiest little papercuts from her filing. He held them for a second longer than needed, but only a second more before his hands returned to the wheel.

Tommy Shelby
Tommy resisted the urge to roll his eyes as his brother spoke. "Look, Arthur, I have everything under control," Tommy said. He liked to think he did, and he always convinced himself that he did. He was convinced that he had everything under control, despite the fact, that as he looked over some of the numbers, he was still trying to work everything out, there were still unknown variables that he was trying to take into account. Trying to figure out every possible outcome to every possible scenario. "The girl is providing valuable information."

Essie Rosen
Essie couldn't help the blush that came to her cheeks as Alfie took her hand and wrapped them around the gun. She hated how easily she blushed, especially in front of her boss. She held the gun, not moving, trying to get used to the way that it felt. She knew that it would fire without her pulling on the trigger, but she was standing still, scared that it would go off at any sudden movement. She tried to loosen up, at least a little, to get used to the way it felt.

Arthur just stomped off,"Well I'm fookin goin' and checking on the little innocent miss," he spoke sarcastically.

Alfie noted the blush but remained stone faced, he reached and squeezed the trigger with no availing shot, "Relax."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back