• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Peacekeeper

[class=background] width:600px; height:360px; margin:auto; margin:center; background:url(http://www.freelogovectors.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/un-logo.png); background-size:100%; [/class] [class=textbox] width:300px; height:300px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; overflow:auto; font:Karla; font-size:12px; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.8; margin-left:-50px; [/class] [class=minibox] width:70px; height:40px; padding:10px; font:Karla; font-size:11px; text-align:right; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.5; margin-left:510px; margin-top:-60px; [/class] [class=credits] max-width:600px; margin:auto; font: Heebo; font-size: 10px; opacity:0.3; [/class]

[div class=background]

[div class=textbox]Plot
The United Nations has a multitude of goals, but the priority is the maintain world peace. One of the branches of the UN, the Security Council, has a primary responsibility of keeping international peace and security. Consisting of the 5 permanent nations and the 10 alternating nations, the Security Council have big shoes to fill as they make huge decisions such as the dispatch of Peacemakers and what is included into the Charter. However, the UN does not have the best reputation. The UN discusses many controversial topics, with some delegates gaining a sense of xenophobia and also a wish for globalization by one country.

In January of 2018, a Filipino passenger flight was on its way to the Incheon National Airport in South Korea. However, the plane did not land at the airport. The plane continued to head up north without known reasons. Eventually, the plane intersected within North Korean airspace, where the plane was shot down, killing all of its passengers. This sparked major confusion and outrage, as a similar situation in 2014 happened with a Malaysian passenger plane flying out of Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down while flying over Ukraine. This situation was then brought to the Security Council of the UN, and now everyone is trying to figure out the mystery behind Philippine Airlines Flight 207.

Role
You will be playing a delegate from the Security Council (I prefer to have the permanent 5 countries filled first: United States, France, United Kingdom, Russia, and China, as they hold the most power in the Security Council). The Security Council consists of 15 total delegates. The delegates will be discussing the controversy behind Philippine Airlines Flight 207 and trying to find a solution within the council. However, that wouldn't really be interesting. Corruption is within the Security Council, but no one really knows which countries are the allies, and which are the enemies. This RP is definitely communication heavy, as people are coming up with plots and scheming all around, so please be interactive with others to make it even more juicy!

Rules
1. All RPN rules apply
2. I know playing older people isn't necessarily a favorite, but like a minimum age of 25 is set. I mean, y'all are politicians.
3. No god-moding or like basic characters please (I have the right to reject any character)
4. I know life gets in the way, but I would still like at least 2 posts a week, I think it's a fair amount and it'll still be able to flow. If you can't make a deadline just let me know
5. Talk! A corrupt government isn't fun without plotting.
6. If you would like to have more than once character, have at it! Just make sure you can handle it
7. have fun!
[/div]
[div class=minibox]
[/div]

[/div][div class=credits]credits RI.a RI.a [/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back