• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder/D&D 5.0 player

Hanakai

Catbassador
Hey everyone! I'm looking for a preferably new campaign in either Pathfinder or D&D 5th edition. I already know how to play and have played before, so I know how it goes. I just need a break from DMing after my last campaign ended up sputtering out :/ And in case you're wondering, I am fine in any role.

I've a thing for Pathfinder, but I've just got too much going on in my life at the moment. When this stuff dies down and if you'd still take me, I'd be good to join in. I can't DM.

@Fezzes Well, we'll see. Again, I'm just looking to be a player right now, and I have no idea how long your stuff will take. And being a player, I can't really be the one who says yes or no ^^;

If you need more players for a Pathfinder game, I'll happily join in! Its been slow posting for my games lately, and I want to play some.

@Kismet Sweet, thanks :o Though, is it Pathfinder or D&D? And if so, any particular classes or stat-rolling styles we need to stick to? I accept anyway, just curious so I can make a character.

@Sherwood If we're playing Pathfinder, sure! And provided Kismet accepts, of course.

@Hanakai I can run it in either system. It sounds like everyone is for Pathfinder so far, yeah? All classes, races and extras are fair game if you can point me to the official source. No homebrew though! So many bad experiences.

Let's do a 30 point buy to make it simple. I love playing with high powered characters. :V

One more thing. Is everyone cool with a custom setting? It would involve playing with a new set of deities, but that's the only big change.

So far we've got @Hanakai, @Sherwood and @Vaneheart? I like small groups, so let's say we've got room for one more?

I'm a big fan of the Golarion setting, but a custom setting would be alright. What level would you like everyone to start at? 1?

My schedule is crazy, so play by post works best for me. I can post fairly regularly, I just don't know when I'll be free each day.

I'm thinking of busting out a melee character. I've been playing a lot of wizards in my home game lately, so a change might be nice. Was thinking barbarian or fighter. Bloodrager might be fun, but seems a little hard to roleplay well.

Last edited by a moderator:
SamueltheStrange said:
Like kis then you then Hana then me as a turn order. So it's not a chaotic mess of everyone posting all the time.
Exactly. I've also had games fall apart because some people couldn't post as frequently as others, so they felt left out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, cool :D Sorry, fell asleep. Midday summer laziness

Well, I was thinking of going Beastmaster. It's third party, but think of it as a ranger/barbarian hybrid. No raging, but I can talk to animals! It's a bit powerful in the beginning imo, so I did add a few personal nerfs (no starting gold beyond a weapon and outfit and illiterate).

Also, turn order sounds perfect! Though, honestly, I kinda prefer using Roll20 or some other instant-messaging software. So that we're all on the same page and doing this at the same time. What do you guys thing?

I have a crazy schedule so play by post is best for me. I just need to figure out what class to pull in. I haven't played a rogue before; perhaps I'll try that.

kik? Nope, not even sure what that is.

Also, just realized. If I can talk to animals... is controlling animals a Diplomacy check or a Handle Animals check? O.o

I've never had a problem with turn orders/post orders in any of the games I've played here, but alright. I'm not sure what a "kik" is either. I'm in the same boat as @Sherwood in regards to schedules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back