• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Path of the Taelesol

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
Hello! My name is Mythy, and I have a setting and idea I'd like to do with a fun group of players! Here it is:

full

The players are of an elf-like race known as Aer. They inhabit their world of Shylyr Vasadi (Wondrous Paradise), where the world is full of natural wonders and resources. The Aer build their cities into forests and mountains, using the natural world as the foundation for their buildings.

df5f4b33ca203d7a0fbedb7f2bdb0183.jpg

The Aer have built a connection to one of the more powerful beasts of the land: Dragonwolves, or Pandrylyr. Canids large enough to ride, with feathered wings and horns on their head, they have become linked to the Aer in a powerful way. A Pandrylyr, when born, will sometimes feel a strong link to a young Aer, and when they are a few days old they begin their search for the Aer teen. Once they meet, they become inseparable and the younglings are inducted into training to become a Taelesol. They train until the Pandrylyr is old enough to fly, and beyond.

A Taelesol, during their training, finds the weapon that suits them the best, and forges one of their own. They gain armor crafted in the colors of their Pandrylyr, and learn to control the magic element that they share with their partner.

Taelesol are trained for good reason: Pasandrylyr, the Dark Dragonwolves. They are bipedal, hunched-over monsters that wield claws and crude weapons with deadly efficacy. Though all Aer are trained as guardians, it takes a Taelesol and their Pandrylyr to beat the insurmountable odds that are normally faced when Pasandrylyr attack.

The players would be young Adult Aer, newly found by their Dragonwolf and inducted into training. From there, they would be trained as a squad and face dangers, as well as normal life challenges. I may join with my own character, depending on how people feel about that.

Would we be playing as our own human/bond mix, or would we play as each other's bond? (Example: I'd play as BlueJay1403's human, and vice versa)

Well, hey there, Mythy.

This RP DOES look good. Unique, I'll give it that.
Anything really fleshed out, other than that basic concept? Factions, History, Etc?

darkborn darkborn

Hey there. And no, I don't have a giant fleshed-out world. The Aer cities are all generally peaceful with each other, and then that picture is basically indicative of the capital where training and most of the RP will be taking place. I generally build as I go, which may not be one of the best ways but it works better for me.

xD.

Well, I was thinking of adding an idea, if you would be so kind to take it. Allow me to pitch it to you. Rotates shoulder.

Alright, so I was thinking, there was a civilization before the Aer. I dunno what to call them, but consider them as a sort of Shade (From Eragon series- Not the movie!)/Lich/Vampire race. No, I don't want them sparkly and romantic. What I WAS thinking was that that race was, well, amoral. Completely so. So much that when they bickered with each other, they resorted to twisting the landscape to suit their needs. Such as twisting the Pandrylyr into the Pasandrylyr to fight each other. (Eh? Eh?) Eventually, they killed each other enough that the few remaining decided to use their magical prowess to put themselves in a hibernation.

You know, that classical "ancient evil awakens and attempts to destroy or take over the world" kind of thing.

Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 Welcome! Your character would make 10. Assuming Darkborn is joining.

darkborn darkborn Hmm... is not a bad idea. I think I could make that work. I'd like to point you to the OOC for continued conversation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back