• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pass, Set, and Spike OOC

Alright, the story was moving a little slow so, I'm going to push it into it's next arc with two posts. One from Shino and one from Akito. Shino's will come first.

Basically I'm saying, I'm going to start the Fuhai vs. Lakeside battle.

I wanna get this going Asap but I realized that, most of our members don't post often, and some haven't posted at all so, this will be the last chance for anyone to get involved in this arc before it starts without them.

The most frequent replies come from Me, Minma Minma , salem. salem. , and AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

So the current characters who are already secured for the arc are Akito, Shino, Connor, Tokito, possibly Mika (haven't heard from her in a while), and Minma. That's enough for the battle so, if no one else joins, these will be the players.

poiyuups poiyuups , Dextra Dextra , Spiderverse Spiderverse , and onestepback onestepback

I already know that BBHawking is busy with work so, everyone else, if you could let me know the reason for little to no replies at all, that'd be great. Whether you have school, work, or even if you've lost interest in the rp, please let me know.

I don't want to hold back the roleplay waiting for people to post when in reality, they probably never will.

So once again, please let me know what's been going on so I can adapt to the situation.

Have a great day/evening/night.

Sincerely,

---Shark

I'll try to do a Mika post and somehow steer her towards Lakeside's team. I'm just trying to stay true to what I've already established for her character. She's probably gonna need a helpful nudge since she's had some bad experiences in the past with her brother's fame and all.

On another note, wohooo! We get to see everyone in action!

I'll try to do a Mika post and somehow steer her towards Lakeside's team. I'm just trying to stay true to what I've already established for her character. She's probably gonna need a helpful nudge since she's had some bad experiences in the past with her brother's fame and all.

On another note, wohooo! We get to see everyone in action!
I'll try to help out with that "helpful nugde".

I'm excited to see the first ever game of the rp too!

Are you accepting players still? I am interested i would play opposite mostly cause thats what i played irl lol

Yes, we are still accepting.

The Opposite for Lakeside (the rp's main team) is still available and, if you joined now, you'd be in just in time for the first ever game of the rp. 5 sets, first to 25 on each, even further if it's a deuce. (I'm sure you know that though b/c you said you play)

The CS is here: Realistic or Modern - Character Sheets for "Pass, Set, and Spike"

In Character is here: Realistic or Modern - Pass, Set, and Spike [OPEN]

Lore: Realistic or Modern - Pass, Set, and Spike [LORE]

If you want to read over the in character and see what's happened since then, you can do that. If not, here's the recap.

Akito Suzuki starts back up Lakeside's volleyball team after they were disbanded a few years ago due to having their worst season (final score was 3- 16 yes I know it's different from the real system). After searching for players for three weeks, Minma Netto and Nozomi Knight show and are interested in joining the team. Minma was Lakeside's setter before they were disbanded and wants to help avenge the team, and Nozomi is an ankle biter Libero who's also interested in avenging them.

The day afterwards (which, we're somehow still on, it's nighttime though), Akito brings them their new jerseys, each having the numbers of the original team members. And even better, Mika Makarov joins the school, her brother being an Olympic level volleyball player, Aleks Makarov. Minma and Akito try to get her to join to team, but she shows resistance as she thinks they asked her just because of her brother.

When Akito heads to the store, a player from Fuhai, the best school in the district who are undefeated, (Fuhai literally means undefeated, look up "japanese words that mean undefeated) named Connor who is their Opposite encounters Akito. He seems to already know about Lakeside trying to make a return and is cold to Akito, greatly intimidating him.

After that encounter, Akito goes back to the school and is still frightened. He slips up when he sees Connor outside watching him and blah, blah, blah. My brain hurts from trying to remember everything at this point.

So, yeah, you can definitely join. This also means you can get in just in time for the first game (basically a practice match though)

--Shark

Fantastic i will work on a cs here as soon as possible
Thanks for the summary i am still planning on reading everything eventually but at least i am caught up enough to get going.

Also knowing that Mika has a brother that plays volleyball at high level makes the concept i had in mind feel like i am copying but oh well ill make a couple of tweaks and it should be fine.

Fantastic i will work on a cs here as soon as possible
Thanks for the summary i am still planning on reading everything eventually but at least i am caught up enough to get going.

Also knowing that Mika has a brother that plays volleyball at high level makes the concept i had in mind feel like i am copying but oh well ill make a couple of tweaks and it should be fine.
If you're planning to have someone on an Olympic team, you could have them be on Aleks' team. He's on Russia's Olympic team but even if they aren't Russian, they could still work as teammates. Also depends on if they're a guy because its male volleyball. I don't know, just throwing out an idea.

If you're planning to have someone on an Olympic team, you could have them be on Aleks' team. He's on Russia's Olympic team but even if they aren't Russian, they could still work as teammates. Also depends on if they're a guy because its male volleyball. I don't know, just throwing out an idea.
That's actually not a bad idea.

It could also lead to Mika and Kai's OC to having a connection.

Yup. Maybe even coming to visit and train with Aleks in Japan and then they stay. Mika and Kai's OC could even be friendly with each other or just straight up friends because of their connection.

But whatever you wanna do Kai.

Yeah my plan was for my character’s dad to play on the Olympic level and his mom was going to be an Olympic level gymnast so naturally coming from such a highly athletic family he feels a lot of pressure to also be an athlete and as such plays Volleyball like his dad and takes it very seriously and while he is a pretty good player he’s not as good as he thinks/ sometimes acts like he is causing him to occasionally come off a little arrogant not always tho its not like he’s constantly an arrogant jerk just sometimes.

So with that being the case i could definitely see him and Mika knowing each other very possibly even being pretty good friends.

So his family is Japanese but we can super easily say they had moved to Russia for his Father to pursue opportunities in volleyball and now they moved back because well the timing seemed right and what not.

Yeah that’s probably one of the reasons why they decided moving back would be good. That way they both had someone they knew already that they could train with keep pushing each other and holding each other accountable for theit training

Work has finally calmed down and I have returned to my regular scheduled program

Users who are viewing this thread

Back