• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Partners in (solving) Crime. [MxM]

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
searching for
[ Partners in (solving) Crime ]

16 years ago

Summer comes fast, especially when you're at the age of barely-put-together textbooks and hot school lunches. It comes fast, just as how music can be turned up to full volume with only a turn of a knob on the radio. The sky blazes blue and the gentle tune of the icecream truck always seems to break the silence. And, strangely enough, the icecream van man never seems to have the ice lollies he likes; The yellow ones with the red swirl. So, in the hot summers, he settles for bubble gum instead most of the time.

Except one day. The van left as quick as it had arrived, and he held the bubble gum ice lolly in his right hand as his left fumbled to put the change in his jeans pocket. That was when he saw him. He wore these sick shoes, way cooler than the velcro strap ons he wore, with these awesome ripped jeans than his ma’ would never let him wear. He wore a tank top, with some band name on it that he couldn't quite recognize, with all these awesome bracelets on his wrists. He was riding a skateboard. Yes, a skateboard! And holding the yellow ice lolly with the red swirl in the middle. Yes, the yellow ice lolly that the icecream van man never seemed to have. He was amazing, the coolest, most absolutely awesome guy he had ever seen before in his whole entire nine years of living.

He was so caught up and mesmerized, that he didn't really realize that he had stopped by the side of the pavement, hopped off the skateboard, and was now talking to him. Yes, him! The silly nine year old in his silly velcro strap-ons, silly non-ripped jeans, and silly shirt his mom forced him to wear. He didn't even have a skateboard, and he was eating a bubblegum ice lolly, and still, he was talking to him. He swears he almost might have cried out of happiness.

He mostly didn't register what the cool guy was saying, as he said all these awesome words that he didn't really understand. But luckily, he screwed his head on tight at the right time, and heard him say,

'-Look kid. I know I look cool, experienced and pretty batshit amazing, but just put some work into it, and guess what? You can become just like me one day.'

'Really?

'Really.'

Summer comes fast, and it goes as fast as it comes. This year, however. He met him, and it was most certainly going to be the best summer yet (followed by many more best summer yets).
"

They met when they were nine and fifteen.

Now they're twenty five and thirty one. Living together in a dingy old flat, both happening to work for the police. I'd like to think the younger guy got into a pretty prestigious college of sorts, thanks to the older's good ol' tips and tricks, and so he's a little more pish posh, and probably a police officer, or maybe even something higher than that. Older could be a detective? I think that could be fun, and they solve crime together?

genres and tropes
partners in (solving) crime, workplace nonsense, crime and mystery, drama, slice of life, and probably some comedy.

The ‘We appear to be opposites but we’re great friends + probably have a lot in common’ trope, older but shorter lmao, childhood friends (or something similar), pish posh x stinky

I thought this drawing I found on pinterest was pretty fun too, and gave off the feel I was going for! ;; Screenshot-20240214-111513-Chrome hosted at ImgBB

set in
Modern times. The two characters likely grew up in a small town, and moved somewhere bigger! They currently live in a little flat, ten minute drive away from the police department they work at. Otherwise, maybe a pretty big but rough town in general? Likely some underground mafias the two will have to track down LMAO

Otherwise, no fantasy, probably some combat involved, romance if our characters work okay, mature/darker themes (drug use, mild gore) on the table.

looking for
Someone to play the younger dude, who;
- Writes semi-lit to novella. I write 3 paragraphs as a minimum, usually 3-6 depending on the scene and flow of things. I expect the same from my partner!
- Uses proper grammar! Not looking for grammarly, but I’d like to understand what you’re trying to say. Early morning brain fog and typos are fine :)
- Doesn’t force a romance. I’m more than happy to write this pairing as a completely platonic thing (maybe with side characters becoming love interests instead), or for the two to form a romantic relationship. Romance however must not be forced! If they don’t have chemistry in that sense, they don’t. We can always introduce side characters if we want romance.
- Speaking of which, people open to side characters! You don’t have to play them, but I enjoy writing side characters as they add a lot to the story!
- Are friendly OOC. Understand that IC and OOC are completely different things. + I like to chit chat OOC with partners. If you’re not comfortable with that let me know beforehand!

otherwise
I can’t think of anything else to be honest! Not sure how this site works but maybe send me a message if you’re interested? Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Hey, I'm down for this if you are open to discussing something before we would start.

Are you still open for this plot cuz this is pretty interesting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back