• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Partner Search! [Open] [Plenty of Choices!] [FxF MxF MxM]

Lavinie

Hi, I'm Marine and I'm looking for some new roleplay partners! I'm new to this site, but I've been roleplaying for years now, so I know the ropes.

A bit about me: I'm a creative writing student heading to grad school (and prefer partners around my age, if only for content reasons). I should note I do have some serious health issues, which can give me a LOT of free time but can also cause me to randomly drop off the face of the earth without warning. I promise to do my best to give you a heads up if that's going to happen!

Before I get into the more interesting stuff, here's a couple things that are more specific to my RP style:

• Characters/Pairings: I love characters. I don't do 'real' one-on-ones, I guess, because I much prefer if both partners are playing at least two characters. (Less subtle: Doubling required, please don't come to me with 'I only play females/males/etc.'). Related: I don't do 'pairing' RPs (i.e. brother x sister's friend, vampire x werewolf, whatever else). I'm always happy to incorporate romance into plot, but for me, it's not a replacement for plot.
  • Literacy/Rules: Though proper spelling/grammar is a necessity and I love creative wordplay and good descriptions, I don't see RP as a competition over who can write the longest, fluffiest paragraphs per post. I prefer quality over quantity, and I roleplay for FUN--as a distraction from all the writing I do IRL. Obviously, don't powerplay/godmode (unless plot relevant or worked out ahead of time).
  • Endings: I'm not going to lie: I'm a dropper. I know what I like in roleplays, and if I don't like how it's going, I'm probably just going to stop. I know a lot of people don't like this, and that is fair--and you are welcome to do the same for me. I'm sure we both want each other to be enjoying ourselves! (Note: This doesn't apply to a roleplay hitting a slow spot. If we think it's getting boring, we can just add in a random crazy event, after all). As noted above though, I do have health problems, so give me a day or so at least before assuming I've dropped--I may have had some weird emergency.
  • Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus: As I said, I love characters--that is, interesting, well-developed characters. I can't describe exactly what I hate about bad characters, but if I could head to the bookstore and find a similar character in the first random discount YA novel I pick up, I'm...probably not interested. Beautiful characters are fine! Beautiful characters who are wickedly intelligent and capable, always have a sarcastic comeback, and are mysteriously distant to mask a hidden well of compassion and a tragic past are boring.
  • Interaction: If all you have your characters do is interact with each other and refuse to engage with mine, you might be better off writing a story/novel of your own. Which is great! But roleplaying is a two-person thing. Loners/antisocial characters can be interesting, but we should find a way to get them to work with other characters.
  • MxM/FxF: I'm always up for fxf/mxm as well as mxf in roleplays (or a combination! Or all of the above!). However, if your concept of character development for queer characters doesn't go beyond a 'seme/uke' stereotype, I'm going to have to pass.
  • Contacting: Either PM or email. I've actually not thread-RP'd before, so I'd need convincing and patience. xD
  • Ratings: My RPs vary between PG-13 and R ratings. I don't have many limits, but I always prefer focusing on plot and character than excessive anything.
  • Actually not that bad: Despite everything on this list, I'm actually a very friendly roleplayer and I'm always happy to talk and get to know my partner. I'd love to chat and work out plot or character stuff. I've just had plenty of experience with roleplays that don't fit, and I'd rather both me and any potential partners have fun and not waste time that could be spent having an RP we both enjoy!
  • Note about contacting: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have some idea of a specific genre you're interested in OR give me some idea of why you want to RP with me. Again, I don't want to waste anyone's time, so if you just message me with 'anything' I'm going to be kind of leery of replying because...why should I? Do you also like huge casts? Are you really into a genre/romance type I'm also super in to? Do you like an idea? Really, I'm actually friendly and I actually prefer having some sort of rapport with whoever I'm roleplaying with. If it's just "Hey. Roleplay. Don't care about the genre." I'm likely not going to reply. The same goes for working out our roleplay stuff--I don't want to be the only one coming up with ideas/possibilities, so if you don't have any (which is fine!!!) please remember roleplay is inherently a multi-person thing. I am not a roleplay robot.

Phew.

Okay, on to what everyone's actually interesting.

Genres! If the text is in grey I'm not interested at the moment--likely I have a number already.

Note: I am particularly interested in FxF and MxM at the moment, though I'm always up for MxF too--plus, I love combinations.

Fandom: This one's first because there aren't many. A couple 'original' genres do bear obvious resemblance to some popular stuff, but I don't want to bother people with my woeful lack of knowledge about a lot of really popular fandoms. Note: OCs only, at least on my end. Sorry!

• Pokemon: I would really prefer something besides the typical trainer story. More about gym leaders? Pokemon jobs besides 'wandering trainers heading to the league'? More 'realistic'? All sound cool.
  • Harry Potter: Again, I prefer non-canonical--whether at Hogwarts before/after the books or away from Hogwarts at any point.
  • Skyrim: I've been addicted recently.
  • Fallen London/Echo Bazaar: I'm not super-advanced (highest stat is Watchful 101, not yet a Person of Some Importance), but i love this universe and these stories. They're fun and there's so much in the world to play around with! (If you don't know what Fallen London is, it's a semi-gothic, dark-comedy alternate history of Victorian London if Victorian London was suddenly taken a mile below the surface of the earth by a swarm of bats.)

Fantasy/Sci-Fi:

Note for all Fantasy/Sci-Fi RPs: When it comes to powers/magic/supernatural abilities, I personally much prefer characters with strange powers or powers that seem specialized or useless who do interesting things, rather than just 'shapeshifter', 'elemental control', 'flies and is strong' etc.

• Modern fantasy: Easily one of my absolute favorites. I have some character ideas I REALLY want to try out for this, so it's pretty much an automatic 'yes please'. (Any 'Modern' settings also work here.)
  • Small-town supernatural: Okay, so this doesn't seem very different from modern fantasy, but hear me out: as cool as urban fantasy and 'gifted' boarding schools can be (seriously, I am 100% behind both of those), this is something I'd really like to see more of. Mysterious occurrences and weird events/people in an otherwise nondescript small town or rural area? I LOVE it. Please.
  • Medieval/'LOTR'/'GOT': I didn't put this under 'Fandoms' because, to be perfectly frank, I've only read the first two LOTR books and seen the movies, and I've only seen some of Game of Thrones and not read a single book. I know claiming to know enough about these universes would be ridiculous. However, I haven't done this type of RP in a while, and I wouldn't mind giving it another shot. Something Game of Thrones-styled (low fantasy, lots of political intrigue) would be especially cool.
  • Other historical fantasy: Magical familiars in the Roaring Twenties? Gods walking the earth during the Renaissance? Actual witches during the Witch Trials? This is really-open ended but I've had a lot of great RPs come out of really random combinations.
  • Sci-Fi: Full disclosure: I've never actually roleplayed sci-fi despite being a Star Wars fan since birth. I am...not a scientific person. It would have to be pretty 'soft' scifi, but if you can put up with that, I'll give it a try.
  • Post Apocalyptic: Zombie outbreaks or distant dystopias, but I'm not a Hunger Games fan, so fair warning there. Still a favourite genre.
  • Myth: I know a fair amount about Greco-Roman, Norse, Celtic, Inuit, and some Yoruba and Vodun mythology. Any or all are viable.

Modern:

Note for all Modern RPs: I prefer all Modern roleplays have some kind of pre-existing idea. 'High School' is not a plot (and I won't do it anyway).

All modern settings/plots can also be combined with fantasy/supernatural.

• Murder Mystery: Any setting, always fun--a town or city in the grips of fear, how the crime is solved, etc.
  • Small Town Drama: If you've ever read Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, you know what I'm talking about. Again, I love characters and how they interact, so just a bunch of people in close quarters being jerks/gossips/allies/rivals can just be fun to play out.
  • Boarding School: Again, I prefer a plot--murder mystery and drama both work.
  • Stranded/Survival: Whether a cruise ship crashes on a deserted island, a camping trip is stranded in the woods, or an archaeological expedition goes south.

If you have any suggestions (which aren't on the No-Nos list, of course) let me know! I'm always open to new ideas.

No-Nos:

• High school.
  • Mental hospital.
  • ANYTHING that romanticizes physical/mental illnesses in character OR plot. That's an immediate 'goodbye'.
  • Pairings, again. If your roleplay idea can be basically summarized with 'these two people are in love/fall in love' I'm not interested.
  • Anything involving abuse or non-con. I don't mind them as part of backstory or entering the plot, but they are a sore spot for me and I'd prefer if they were kept to a peripheral.

That's about it! I hope I didn't drive everyone away with that. Post here or PM me (I am currently a newbie and can't PM myself, unfortunately) if you're interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I'd love to role play with you. GOT and Modern fantasy are what really caught my eye as I read through this. Honestly I'm trying to get back into the rp scene but can't find a group rp to keep my interest as I skimmed through them, so I turned to 1x1. @Lavinie

Hello! I'd love to try something centered around small-town supernatural elements, or something post apocalyptic! If neither of those as particularly appealing at the moment, then a Skyrim-based role play would be great as well!

Lavinie said:
All right, thanks for understanding :) [/quote
I need 5 more posts but I don't want to start 5 more rps. Heh. I think my replies to this thread starts.

Ry814 said:
Yea, I'm at 10 posts abs past 24 hrs...can't see the option to message.
I think the information post mentioned it wasn't instantaneous, so the option might pop up within the next little while

[QUOTE="Merry Nara Saws]I'd like to hear about your modern fantasy ideas.

[/QUOTE]
Sure, if you'd like to PM me I can give you some idea. :)

Hey -- I'm Taibhse and I'm super interested in partnering with you. Coincidentally I'm also a student with health issues who sometimes drops off the planet, ahah, but yeah -- your bullet points caught me cus they sound prettyyyy similar to my own. I.. am also pretty into everything you've listed, so I guess if there's anything particular you fancy doing, I'd be up for it? I've got a link to my own search in my signature too if you're interested ;v; but, yeah, let me know!

ghostling said:
Hey -- I'm Taibhse and I'm super interested in partnering with you. Coincidentally I'm also a student with health issues who sometimes drops off the planet, ahah, but yeah -- your bullet points caught me cus they sound prettyyyy similar to my own. I.. am also pretty into everything you've listed, so I guess if there's anything particular you fancy doing, I'd be up for it? I've got a link to my own search in my signature too if you're interested ;v; but, yeah, let me know!
All your stuff looks really interesting! I'm really up for something non/low-fantasy at the moment, either historical or modern, but besides that I'm pretty open (I can be notoriously indecisive, I'm sorry), but if you'd like to PM me I'd love to talk something out!

@Lavinie

Finally, a person who doesn't consider romance to be the focal point of 1X1 RPs. I'm quite interested in partnering up with you, but a bit about myself first. I'm in my mid 20's, and am a huge neo-noir fan. I like my RPs to contain little to no magic, plotlines and adversaries being an exception. My friends always described me as being one do those person who likes things 'dark and edgy', and that's probably what I am. Nevertheless, detectives and murder mysteries are always my thing, and I'm quite in line with your preferences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elephantom said:
@Lavinie

Finally, a person who doesn't consider romance to be the focal point of 1X1 RPs. I'm quite interested in partnering up with you, but a bit about myself first. I'm in my mid 20's, and am a huge neo-noir fan. I like my RPs to contain little to no magic, plotlines and adversaries being an exception. My friends always described me as being one do those person who likes things 'dark and edgy', and that's probably what I am. Nevertheless, detectives and murder mysteries are always my thing, and I'm quite in line with your preferences.
I certainly wouldn't mind a good murder-mystery RP or something similar, so if you'd like to drop me a PM we can work out details.

Lavinie said:
Hi, I'm Marine and I'm looking for some new roleplay partners! I'm new to this site, but I've been roleplaying for years now, so I known the ropes.
A bit about me: I'm a creative writing student heading to grad school (and prefer partners around my age, if only for content reasons). Besides writing, I really like studying languages, animals, hockey, and hiking. I should note I do have some serious health issues, which can give me a LOT of free time but can also cause me to randomly drop off the face of the earth without warning. I promise to do my best to give you a heads up if that's going to happen!

Before I get into the more interesting stuff, here's a couple things that are more specific to my RP style:

• Characters/Pairings: I love characters. I don't do 'real' one-on-ones, I guess, because I much prefer if both partners are playing at least two characters. (Less subtle: please don't come to me with 'I only play females/males/etc.'). Related: I don't do 'pairing' RPs (i.e. brother x sister's friend, vampire x werewolf, whatever else). I'm always happy to incorporate romance into plot, but for me, it's not a replacement for plot.
  • Literacy/Rules: Though proper spelling/grammar is a necessity and I love creative wordplay and good descriptions, I don't see RP as a competition over who can write the longest, fluffiest paragraphs per post. I prefer quality over quantity, and I roleplay for FUN--as a distraction from all the writing I do IRL. If you write 10 pages in Word for every post, describing irrelevant scenery or the exact thought process your character uses to order coffee, I am out. Obviously, don't powerplay/godmode (unless plot relevant or worked out ahead of time).
  • Endings: I'm not going to lie: I'm a dropper. I know what I like in roleplays, and if I don't like how it's going, I'm probably just going to stop. I know a lot of people don't like this, and that is fair--and you are welcome to do the same for me. I'm sure we both want each other to be enjoying ourselves! (Note: This doesn't apply to a roleplay hitting a slow spot. If we think it's getting boring, we can just add in a random crazy event, after all). As noted above though, I do have health problems, so give me a day or so at least before assuming I've dropped--I may have had some weird emergency.
  • Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus: As I said, I love characters--that is, interesting, well-developed characters. I can't describe exactly what I hate about bad characters, but if I could head to the bookstore and find a similar character in the first random discount YA novel I pick up, I'm...probably not interested. Beautiful characters are fine! Beautiful characters who are wickedly intelligent and capable, always have a sarcastic comeback, and are mysteriously distant to mask a hidden well of compassion and a tragic past are boring.
  • MxM/FxF: I'm always up for fxf/mxm as well as mxf in roleplays (or a combination! Or all of the above!). However, if your conception of character development for queer characters doesn't go beyond a 'seme/uke' stereotype, I'm going to have to pass. Hard.
  • Contacting: Either PM or email. I've actually not thread-RP'd before, so I would need a lot of convincing.
  • Ratings: My RPs vary between PG-13 and R ratings. I don't have many limits, but I always prefer focusing on plot and character than excessive anything.
  • Actually not that bad: Despite everything on this occasionally-caustic list, I'm actually a very friendly roleplayer and I'm always happy to talk and get to know my partner. I'd love to chat and work out plot or character stuff. I've just had plenty of experience with roleplays that don't fit, and I'd rather both me and any potential partners have fun and not waste time that could be spent having an RP we both enjoy!

Phew.

Okay, on to what everyone's actually interesting.

Genres! If the text is in grey I'm not interested at the moment--likely I have a number already.

Note: I am particularly interested in FxF and MxM at the moment, though I'm always up for MxF too--plus, I love combinations.

Fandom: This one's first because there aren't many. A couple 'original' genres do bear obvious resemblance to some popular stuff, but I don't want to bother people with my woeful lack of knowledge about a lot of really popular fandoms. Note: OCs only, at least on my end. Sorry!

• Pokemon: I would really prefer something besides the typical trainer story. More about gym leaders? Pokemon jobs besides 'wandering trainers heading to the league'? More 'realistic'? All sound cool.
  • Harry Potter: Again, I prefer non-canonical--whether at Hogwarts before/after the books or away from Hogwarts at any point.
  • Skyrim: I've been addicted recently.

Fantasy/Sci-Fi:

Note for all Fantasy/Sci-Fi RPs: When it comes to powers/magic/supernatural abilities, I personally much prefer characters with strange powers or powers that seem specialized or useless who do interesting things, rather than just 'shapeshifter', 'elemental control', 'flies and is strong' etc.

• Modern fantasy: Easily one of my absolute favorites. I have some character ideas I REALLY want to try out for this, so it's pretty much an automatic 'yes please'. (Any 'Modern' settings also work here.)
  • Small-town supernatural: Okay, so this doesn't seem very different from modern fantasy, but hear me out: as cool as urban fantasy and 'gifted' boarding schools can be (seriously, I am 100% behind both of those), this is something I'd really like to see more of. Mysterious occurrences and weird events/people in an otherwise nondescript small town or rural area? I LOVE it. Please.
  • Medieval/'LOTR'/'GOT': I didn't put this under 'Fandoms' because, to be perfectly frank, I've only read the first two LOTR books and seen the movies, and I've only seen some of Game of Thrones and not read a single book. I know claiming to know enough about these universes would be ridiculous. However, I haven't done this type of RP in a while, and I wouldn't mind giving it another shot. Something Game of Thrones-styled (low fantasy, lots of political intrigue) would be especially cool.
  • Other historical fantasy: Magical familiars in the Roaring Twenties? Gods walking the earth during the Renaissance? Actual witches during the Witch Trials? This is really-open ended but I've had a lot of great RPs come out of really random combinations.
  • Sci-Fi: Full disclosure: I've never actually roleplayed sci-fi despite being a Star Wars fan since birth. I am...not a scientific person. It would have to be pretty 'soft' scifi, but if you can put up with that, I'll give it a try.
  • Post Apocalyptic: Zombie outbreaks or distant dystopias, but I'm not a Hunger Games fan, so fair warning there. Still a favourite genre.
  • Myth: I know a fair amount about Greco-Roman, Norse, Celtic, Inuit, and some Yoruba and Vodun mythology. Any or all are viable.

Modern:

Note for all Modern RPs: I prefer all Modern roleplays have some kind of pre-existing idea. 'High School' is not a plot (and I won't do it anyway).

All modern settings/plots can also be combined with fantasy/supernatural.

• Murder Mystery: Any setting, always fun--a town or city in the grips of fear, how the crime is solved, etc.
  • Small Town Drama: If you've ever read Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, you know what I'm talking about. Again, I love characters and how they interact, so just a bunch of people in close quarters being jerks/gossips/allies/rivals can just be fun to play out.
  • Boarding School: Again, I prefer a plot--murder mystery and drama both work.
  • Stranded/Survival: Whether a cruise ship crashes on a deserted island, a camping trip is stranded in the woods, or an archaeological expedition goes south.

If you have any suggestions (which aren't on the No-Nos list, of course) let me know! I'm always open to new ideas.

No-Nos:

• High school. It was dull then and I don't plan on reliving it.
  • Mental hospital. I've been in one! Don't go there.
  • ANYTHING that romanticizes physical/mental illnesses in character OR plot. That's an immediate 'goodbye'.
  • Pairings, again. If your roleplay idea can be basically summarized with 'these two people are in love/fall in love' I'm not interested.
  • Anything involving abuse or non-con. I don't mind them as part of backstory or entering the plot, but they are a sore spot for me and I'd prefer if they were kept to a peripheral.

That's about it! I hope I didn't drive everyone away with that. Post here or PM me (I am currently a newbie and can't PM myself, unfortunately) if you're interesting.
I'm willing to be a partner of your still looking.

[QUOTE="Brittney Woodgate]I'm willing to be a partner of your still looking.

[/QUOTE]
Sure, drop me a PM and let me know what you'd be interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back