• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Pareidolia Manor [Spooky Maid/Butler RP]

WickedWitch

Dimension Hopper
A group RP involving a LOT of my own very specific aesthetics; ball jointed dolls, magic, Grimm’s Fairy Tales, victorian manors, etc. Mostly, this is just an excuse to make a whole bunch of doll characters, but I’d love for other folks to have fun and get creative.
We don’t even have to do, like, plot things, just making OCs and having them interact in little scenes (or even better, art!!) would be dope.

[ Plot Synopsis]
Pareidolia Manor is a mansion that lies deep in a forest known for being where the secular and magic realms mix. It was built by a master wizard, who moved his very small family in and filled the home with Dolls, magical automatons with near full sentience and their own unique magical abilities. When his wife died as a result of a malevolent curse and his only son showed signs of the same curse, he put him into a Sleeping Beauty-esce curse, locked the home behind a magical wall of thorns, and left the manor in the care of the Dolls while he left to go find a cure. In the wake of his absence, all sorts of malignant magical creatures are attempting to make their way in, and it’s up to the Dolls to guard their home and the sleeping Young Master.

[Doll Character Sheet]

Name:

Age: (this will usually be very low, like 5 or 6, as the Dolls are a very recent magical invention. The oldest would be like, 10. They will still have the general intelligence/appearance of an adult.)

Work Station: (For example; Head Maid, Housekeeper, Butler, Chef, Gardener, etc..]

Magical Ability: (Go crazy, go stupid. You want to be a clockwork Doll who uses time magic, go nuts. You wanna control plants? Heck yeah, my dude.)

Personality:

Rapport: (Their relationship with their fellow Dolls, The Young Master, The Late Mistress, and The Master. Are they well-liked? A loner? Do they have a lover?)

Image: (I do Commissions, btw)

symmetryyyyy.png

I'm interested!! Do you have a separate thread for the character sheets? (I love your art, btw!!)

I must agree with the others that this is a fabulous aesthetic! I'm a huge steampunk nerd, so anything magical and Victorian is automatically in my good books, and I'm pretty sure I still have my complete collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales on my bookshelf somewhere.

So, given that this is a wizard's estate, would it be reasonable to assume that it has a library, laboratory, or similar venue for private study of the magical arts? See, I have an idea for a librarian doll slowly taking shape in my head, and I'm kind of tempted to give him/her (henceforth "her" for simplicity's sake) some time magic or something like it. I'm leaning towards letting her create localized "bubbles" of time around her body which she can speed up or slow down as needed (under the logic that the wizard would probably want to be able to cram lots of reading or experimenting into an otherwise woefully limited timespan, so this kind of power could quite be useful to him), but I'm not sure what form I want it to take just yet. And perhaps she's responsible for the upkeep of the spell keeping the Young Master safely preserved in stasis, or the spell is even fueled in large part by her powers, which would normally be much stronger? Alternatively, she may be able to magically manipulate paper, control written words, or straight-up mess around with ideas and concepts. Alternatively alternatively, she could lack any innate magical abilities other than an eidetic memory, and instead she attempts to master the many rituals found within the books under her care. Whatever her powers, I reckon that she's probably a socially isolated, stuck-up know-it-all who got along a lot better with the Master than with any of the other Dolls, though like the rest of her that's subject to change.

Apologies if I wound up rambling! I have a bad habit of doing that whenever I'm tired or excited, and I am presently both of those things. This is my first time applying to a group RP here on RPN, so I may have gone a bit overboard with offloading my character ideas like this. Sorry about that, if so. I just like to get my ideas down on paper, as it were, so that I don't forget them.

Last edited:
I must agree with the others that this is a fabulous aesthetic! I'm a huge steampunk nerd, so anything magical and Victorian is automatically in my good books, and I'm pretty sure I still have my complete collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales on my bookshelf somewhere.

So, given that this is a wizard's estate, would it be reasonable to assume that it has a library, laboratory, or similar venue for private study of the magical arts? See, I have an idea for a librarian doll slowly taking shape in my head, and I'm kind of tempted to give him/her (henceforth "her" for simplicity's sake) some time magic or something like it. I'm leaning towards letting her create localized "bubbles" of time around her body which she can speed up or slow down as needed (under the logic that the wizard would probably want to be able to cram lots of reading or experimenting into an otherwise woefully limited timespan, so this kind of power could quite be useful to him), but I'm not sure what form I want it to take just yet. And perhaps she's responsible for the upkeep of the spell keeping the Young Master safely preserved in stasis, or the spell is even fueled in large part by her powers, which would normally be much stronger? Alternatively, she may be able to magically manipulate paper, control written words, or straight-up mess around with ideas and concepts. Alternatively alternatively, she could lack any innate magical abilities other than an eidetic memory, and instead she attempts to master the many rituals found within the books under her care. Whatever her powers, I reckon that she's probably a socially isolated, stuck-up know-it-all who got along a lot better with the Master than with any of the other Dolls, though like the rest of her that's subject to change.

Apologies if I wound up rambling! I have a bad habit of doing that whenever I'm tired or excited, and I am presently both of those things. This is my first time applying to a group RP here on RPN, so I may have gone a bit overboard with offloading my character ideas like this. Sorry about that, if so. I just like to get my ideas down on paper, as it were, so that I don't forget them.

If you’re gonna throw around awesome ideas like that, ramble away, dude! The Character Sheet thread is also a good place get your ideas down, and we can all plan together there. I’ll answer any questions there, as well as taking all suggestions.

If you’re gonna throw around awesome ideas like that, ramble away, dude! The Character Sheet thread is also a good place get your ideas down, and we can all plan together there. I’ll answer any questions there, as well as taking all suggestions.

Ah, okay! Thanks! I'll pop on over there right now.

Last edited:
Interested! I'll go check out the character sheet!
I absolutely LOVE magical doll characters. I've been wanting to RP with doll characters for a while, so this is really cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back