• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ๐๐€๐๐ƒ๐Ž๐‘๐€'๐’ ๐๐Ž๐— -- ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™œ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ก๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ๐™š

demonology

๐’…๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’š ๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐’Ž๐’š๐’•๐’‰.

you have been weighed.

the particulars.

links โ‚ ๐‹๐Ž๐‘๐„ โœฎ ๐‚๐’ โœฎ ๐Ž๐Ž๐‚
genre โ‚ dystopian, crime, mild fantasy, realistic, horror elements
rating โ‚ 17+
gms โ‚ demonology demonology , miyabi miyabi , accepting!
roles โ‚ 5/8

tldr synopsis โ‚

A crew of bounty hunters are looking for the mysterious hacker behind a string of crimes, including the recent crash of the stock market, the leaking of government documents, and Robin-Hood style thievery from the wealthiest bank in Egress. The hacker is actually multiple, a trio (forcefully a quartet), in fact. In an attempt to avenge the torture and brainwashing of one of the hackers by revealing the project for what it was, they began the Pandoraโ€™s Box seven years prior, and it quickly turned into an obsession, a well-thought out reckoning. In fact, the crew havenโ€™t even done what they originally set out to do, saving it for their big finale. However, this could all be put on hold when the hunters, undercover as newly moneyed individuals, begin to suspect them. A tale of cat and mouse unfolds with these six, resulting in a tangled web, especially when they realize their moralities and goals may align with one another.

the plot.

Fang. Harley. Darcy. Huckleberry. A bounty hunter team characterized by their decade-long friendship. The past two years have brought them more money than they ever saw working their traditional lives, along with hardship. Theyโ€™ve made over a billion in earnings, chump-change compared to the most recent bounty up for grabs, and theyโ€™re finally ready to go for broke.

Data leaks unveiling government programs, stock market crashes, and the mysterious influx of cash into the bank accounts of the slum, Leninbogโ€™s, residents. A hacker, known as Pandoraโ€™s Box, traced all the way to the heart of Egress, in Antoinetta, right where the blue-blood and metallic smell of cash flows into the greedy palms of the most prominent families.

And theyโ€™re going to be the ones to lift the lid, hoist out their criminal, and collect the bag.

Fang, the de-facto leader, has led them into the line of fire, pushing the team to set up shop in the historic Victorian, recently put on the market as a tourist spot. Undercover as newly moneyed individuals, the quartet plan to track down whoโ€™s the personified dollar sign, the one worth more money than the three have ever seen.

Enough money to give everyone in Devilโ€™s Kettle, their hometown, food for a year.

However, amidst the stench of aristocracy and bought-and-paid-for innocence, thereโ€™s smoke screens. And the hunters are left asking: who is it?

A more accurate question would be who are they?

Verona. Themis. Ramiel. Children of some of the most prominent Egressian families. And, they somehow managed to also be some of the most skilled hackers in the world. Their friendship, born from their infancies spent sharing their golden spoons, helped them form these skills. Of course, Veronaโ€™s logic-defying genius and affinity for the block languages helped, not to mention Ramielโ€™s obsession and Themisโ€™s drive.

The unsung beauty to their scheme? No one would believe the Three Musketeers, famous amongst their families for their innocent mischief and typical debauchery, would be capable of pulling off a string of record-breaking heists, acts of treason, and tomfoolery.

However, what most people don't know is that their actions come in response to much darker subject matter.

Ramiel, the once-most golden of the quartet, returned from 'summer camp' seven years prior, no longer the same. Themis and Verona, concerned for their best friend, eventually drew the story out of them.

Behind the stony facade of the Egress Empire, there exists an even seedier underbelly. Experiments that go beyond the fabrics of reality. Ramiel fell victim to one of these many 'governmentally funded research projects,โ€™ an attempt at boosting the familyโ€™s prominence from a borderline-unsightly position to one that would rival that of the Prime Ministerโ€™s. Instead, Ramiel became one of twenty victims. They were supposed to be subjected to some simple tests to understand a juvenileโ€™s intelligence and its connections to motor functions. Except things could never be that simple, could they?

When Ramiel reiterated the story, they mentioned the feeling of metal under their skin, the hard lump the serum formed. To this day, they donโ€™t understand what it did, other than physically, but they were told it would enhance them. Smarter. Faster.

In addition, it made them animalistic. Feral. Stronger. In order to treat the side effect, the Egressian researchers employed an array of unethical psychological testing that ended up being torture. Ramiel returned home, but their sunshine was gone, trapped inside a bottle caged in their heart.

The only thing that brought Ramiel back to life was the promise that the three of them would make Egress pay.

Their plot has been almost a decade in the making, with copious hours dedicated to learning, mastering, and evolving coding languages. The Golden Trio, now quartet. refuse to let a 10 billion dollar bounty on their heads stop their plans. They will not stop until proper karma has been dealt.

Unless Fang and their crew stop them first...

you have been measured.

information.

howdy! thanks for checking this rp out! as you can probably tell, this is a group about hackers, bounty hunters, opulence, and corruption. all good things, no?

as i'm sure you can tell, this group has a specific vision, though please don't let this deter you! the point of making this group so small is to provide opportunity for us all to collaborate! plotting is one of my favorite parts of a group, and i hope to foster something tight-knit and active. if this sounds like the group for you, please read on!

below has more of the specifics regarding this group, important things to know. thanks for reading!

guidelines.

one.
first, it's important to understand this rp will take place in a fictional country known as Egress. the lore thread will provide more info regarding Egress, but for the sake of grabbing your attention, just know that we are playing with a mild dystopia containing fantasy/supernatural elements. what this means is that the world has some 90s cyberpunk elements, plenty of historical elements (ex. the architecture is primarily art deco and victorian age), a host of supernatural and fantasy creatures while also having science-based concepts, and is essentially a fantastic world to jump into if you aren't a huge fan of high fantasy or high sci-fi. oh, and there's a hefty dose of political intrigue, while also keeping it light. from a story standpoint, Egress offers a mix, and I'm sure you'll find something that appeals to you! don't believe me? read the lore (;

two.
second, the group! there are five roles available, two quartets. this will not be on a first-come-first-serve basis, especially since there are so few roles. the goal is to find characters that work well together, especially because these characters are meant to be so close.

three.
on the note of character creation, please know that all of the role titles are codenames used due to the nature of both quartetsโ€™ activities.

four.
all rpn rules apply. dark themes are applicable, of course, but no nsfw sexual content. 17+, please, for other rpers' comfort and due to the nature of this rp.

five.
realistic faceclaims or a physical description! whichever best fits your jam!

six.
discord is key as this will be where ooc happens!

seven.
i doubt this needs to be said, but keep the drama to the characters! bigotry of any kind will not be tolerated, along with any form of godmodding or bullying. rp is meant to be fun, so let's not get in the way of that (;

eight.
post frequency would be preferably once-a-week, but I am not a stickler. if it is a quality post, preferably more than 2 paragraphs, i won't have any complaints !

โ€™and now you pay for your sinsโ€™ - Pandora

the hunters + the hackers.

fang
โ‚ the de-facto leader
โ‚ fiery, though a bit awkward
โ‚
โ‚ technophobe, ironically
โ‚ prefers practicality over anything
โ‚ the one who got them all into bounty hunting
โ‚ [optional] may or may not be a vampireโ€ฆ but not immortal though. see the lore thread!
โœฎ โœฎ open

darcy
โ‚ the tech-geek, providing information and easy-to-use tech (even Fang canโ€™t fuck it up)
โ‚ theyโ€™re giving mad-scientist vibes
โ‚ ambitious, goal-minded, but oftentimes guilty of adding a bit of unnecessary spice and pizazz
โ‚ admittedly the mediator between Harley and Fang
โ‚ just as smart as Verona, but never got tested because of institutionalized classism
โ‚ [optional] able to go to university after participating in a Wolfsbane Virus research project, resulting in full-tuition. see the lore thread!
โœฎ โœฎ taken by bad ending

harley
โ‚ the best as espionage out of them all
โ‚ could easily be an actor/ess
โ‚ bubbly, charismatic, suave
โ‚ a parental figure but in the way a cool aunt would be
โ‚ could easily have an illegal past, prior to being a bounty hunter
โ‚ [optional] comes from a line of Glamours, a subsection of witches who can alter their appearance. see the lore thread!
โœฎ โœฎ open

huckleberry
โ‚ considered โ€˜greenerโ€™ than the rest; recently joined the team
โ‚ oftentimes equated to a lost puppy dog
โ‚ master of mystery; even members of the team donโ€™t know who they are, at least not fully
โ‚ the person people feel they need to protect the most; probably tends to piss Huck off
โ‚ sensitive, yet curious to a fault
โ‚ part of the Fallen 20 experiment. see the lore thread!
โœฎ โœฎ open

ramiel
โ‚ mama i'm in love with a criminal // mama! we all go to hell!
โ‚ quiet, sullen, and not very nice
โ‚ used to be a very kind-hearted person, the type of person to brighten your day with a compliment
โ‚ dishes out the meanest insults and doesnโ€™t know how to take it
โ‚ obsessive about both the project and their friends
โœฎ โœฎ taken by demonology

verona
โ‚ theyโ€™re giving slight serial killer vibes in that off-putting charisma way, except theyโ€™re extremely nerdy.
โ‚ doesnโ€™t seem like the type who could win in a fist-fight, but would beat you in a battle of wits
โ‚ perceptive, can outsmart almost anyone
โ‚ excellent teacher, isnโ€™t a jackass abt it. taught the other two how to code and hack.
โ‚ overprotective of Ramiel, almost to the point of obsession, but they try not to be blatant abt it
โ‚ [optional] could easily be a half-Nimm. see the lore thread!
โœฎ โœฎ taken by livingdead

themis
โ‚ before Ramiel changed, Themis was their best friend. Their other half.
โ‚ known now as the most friendly of them all, along with being extremely competitive
โ‚ can be ruthless to others outside of the trio, but always covers it up with a smile
โ‚ less into the project than the other two
โ‚ probably famous or highly regarded either socially, academically, etc. Huge reason as to why no one really suspects the quartet
โ‚ [optional] could potentially be an Oracle, able to gather insight via manners of scrying, tarot, etc. see the lore thread!
โœฎ โœฎ open

janus
โ‚ a sly smirk and an open door. is it a trap?
โ‚ joined the group after discovering what they were up to; either hacks out of a sense of ego or personal gain
โ‚ considered the black sheep of the group, for obvious reasons, but ultimately, they're quite helpful and apart of the team... begrudgingly
โ‚ sly smirks over a cup of meticulously-made coffee
โ‚ first to spew insults, probably fights with Ramiel a lot
โ‚ [optional] could easily also be an Oracle or a witch; might help them blackmail the trio! see the lore thread!
โœฎ โœฎ open

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

ยฉ weldherwings.

Last edited:
๐Ÿ˜ผ an excellent idea...

BCBC3F4B-CC28-4490-8773-706EAD191669.jpeg
yall should apply
nono
yall ARE applying

this world building is so unique I hope you guys make a book or something of this because I would definitely read it!
โ™ก music + lore, I'll be using my workshop to start my character even though the CS isn't available yet, I'll adjust when it comes out!

oh my god you all are so sweet ahh!! thank you <33
this world building is so unique I hope you guys make a book or something of this because I would definitely read it!
โ™ก music + lore, I'll be using my workshop to start my character even though the CS isn't available yet, I'll adjust when it comes out!
1. so happy to see youโ€™re that interested and 2. ahhh ty !! the world and the rp is actually based off a world Iโ€™ve been working on for over a year ๐Ÿ˜ญ so it would be very awesome if this could be a book oml

da1294a424f6ededcab734a31315dd8f7b1e2c7f.png

*heavy breathing* eeeeeeeeeee !!!!

super interested !!

A genius roleplay as always by your creative minds, I may pop around to read it though can't devote the time myself, anyone looking, you'll be missing out if you don't apply :xFrolleyes: :blowkiss:

A genius roleplay as always by your creative minds, I may pop around to read it though can't devote the time myself, anyone looking, you'll be missing out if you don't apply :xFrolleyes: :blowkiss:
:specialeyes: ๐Ÿ˜ญ you're so kind oml <3 ty!!

โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* สธแต’แต˜ สฐแตƒแต›แต‰ แต‡แต‰แต‰โฟ แถ แต’แต˜โฟแตˆ สทแตƒโฟแต—โฑโฟแต *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง
UPDATE: due to the amount of interest garnered, two more roles have been added and are up for auditions! can't wait to see what your big juicy brains come up with !

โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* หขแต‰แต‰ สธแต’แต˜ หขแต’แต’โฟ - แต–แตƒโฟแตˆแต’สณแตƒ *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง

hello hello! here is the ooc!
CLICK ME

โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* สธแต’แต˜ สฐแตƒแต›แต‰ แต‡แต‰แต‰โฟ แถ แต’แต˜โฟแตˆ สทแตƒโฟแต—โฑโฟแต *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง
bump !

omg this idea is so creative!! can i still apply?
Amaze GIF
Ahhh ty !! And yes !! apps arenโ€™t due until this Monday + roles are app-based so you can write for any character that suits your fancy! if youโ€™re interested in picking up a character that has yet to get a sheet/placeholder up, so far only FANG has had no interest.

bump !

bump ! just a reminder that sheets are due by Midnight tonight, but please feel free to reach out for an extension if necessary ! I love all the sheets thus far and can't wait to dig in and start roleplaying.

oh no... oh god I think I'm being plagued with..... with character ideas...

seriously, this is such a thrilling plot and i'm in awe of all the creativity that had to go into the lore for this! I haven't seen such fun ideas for otherworldly creatures in ages and I'm in love with the fusion of fantasy and science you guys are leaning into. like hell yes this is my jam.

i'd absolutely love to join but I realize the deadline is tonight so I might not have time to get in a cs! either way i'll totally follow this you've got me invested hahah

oh no... oh god I think I'm being plagued with..... with character ideas...

seriously, this is such a thrilling plot and i'm in awe of all the creativity that had to go into the lore for this! I haven't seen such fun ideas for otherworldly creatures in ages and I'm in love with the fusion of fantasy and science you guys are leaning into. like hell yes this is my jam.

i'd absolutely love to join but I realize the deadline is tonight so I might not have time to get in a cs! either way i'll totally follow this you've got me invested hahah
omg thank you for your kind words <3. Pls feel free to still write a sheet ! Weโ€™re more than willing to give an extension!

bump ! we have added an extension to the deadline, thus the new deadline is:

friday, june 3rd @ 11:59 EST!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back