• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Overlord Roleplay Interest Check

I see. I don't recall that info, then again I never read the actual novels, merely researched the info. Plus they could have been updated since then.
I'm referencing the Wiki, but I feel like I've read this the novels as well. I'm conflicted I like the idea of a castle setting, but love the defensive power of a tomb. Eh I'll mull it over for a bit.

My idea for a floor was going to be a fortress anyway so making a castle I stead of a tomb would let me apply that idea to the guildhall and then I make my own floor.

Well, the Tomb would make sense if the guild's players were a bunch of min-maxers, while the Castle/Pyramid would make sense if the guild's players cared more about atmosphere. Similarly, it would make sense to have non-human characters for min-maxing while it would be human characters for atmosphere (although, looking at the wiki, Human like races have some potential for min-maxing to so there might be a few in a min-max guild).

Basically, we have to figure out whether we're a bunch of min-maxers or not. Also, we need to decide the guild's stance on non-humans and, vice-versa, humans. If we're respecting YGGDRASIL lore, if the guild had human players then most likely non-humans would be persecuted and likely not accepted if it is not a min-maxing guild.

I, for one, have a casual player that created the NPC I'm going to play. He likely would have been down for any type of guild and environment, and probably would have played a heteromorphic race (similarly to Momonga he would have been a Lich, simply because he likes minion builds) although that can be changed for sake of fitting in if the guild ends up being exclusive of non-human races.

Keep in mind I'm defining Human as the wiki does, including humans, elves, dwarves, and any other race without racial level that is similar in appearance to humans.

The CS is up I tried to stay true to the Yggdrasil level system. Due to the idea that level 100 characters will have many skills there's no need to list them (a lvl 100 magic caster knows 300-500 spells) in the cs I'd just ask that the skills and spells relate to the classes and races you choose.

CS

I think going with a tomb that has the external appearance of a Pyramid might me the best way to go. The upper floors are designed for looks, sun rooms, a terrace, a dining hall and so on. The lower levels is where the dungeon floors designed by the players, these are designed to defend the treasure at the heart of the tomb.

I vote pyramid so I can imagine this cool floor graphic used to describe where each npc has their floor. Plus it's different. : )

Alright going with the Pyramid, Thinking I'll call it The Great Tomb of Valfreyja, which roughly means The Great Tomb of The Lady of The Slain. Before it was conquered by our guild (still clueless over the name) it was a high level dungeon filled with high tier angels and other positive karma creatures.

If it's a pyramid then those at the bottom get more floor space. So I vote no.
The Guardian floors are beneath the Pyramid, and the size of a floor is controlled by its creator. The 6th floor of Nazarick has a full size arena, lake, forest, as well as a 300 meter high ceiling that resembles the night sky.

What kind of race restrictions will there be, since as I mentioned before there were many guilds like Ainz Ooal Gown itself exclusive to Humans or Non-Humans?

What kind of race restrictions will there be, since as I mentioned before there were many guilds like Ainz Ooal Gown itself exclusive to Humans or Non-Humans?
I don't like the idea of race restrictions, as the guild was largely casual, with a dedicated core group.

The floor design will go into lore, which will be up shortly.

In the meantime I think I have our World Class Item Naglfar "The Nail Ship" which is essentially a floating ghost ship/mini-dungeon/event boss that we used as a mobile siege weapon in our conquest of The Great Tomb of Valfreyja. After we took Valfreyja he started using Naglfar as the last line of defense.

The floor design will go into lore, which will be up shortly.

In the meantime I think I have our World Class Item Naglfar "The Nail Ship" which is essentially a floating ghost ship/mini-dungeon/event boss that we used as a mobile siege weapon in our conquest of The Great Tomb of Valfreyja. After we took Valfreyja he started using Naglfar as the last line of defense.
Because I wanted to flesh it out, I went ahead and described the floor idea I had for my guardian. I'll change it if a different opinion rises up in the floor design, so... Yeah.

On account of a certain 1x1 partner of mine that just left, I have an opening now, so I may be joining.

I do have a question, however, in regards to the type of plot. If we're working with broken characters (and let's face it, this is an Overlord RP so that's part for the course) what kind of plot do you have in mind? As in how do you, as GM, plan on handling the fundamental lack of exterior threats?

On account of a certain 1x1 partner of mine that just left, I have an opening now, so I may be joining.

I do have a question, however, in regards to the type of plot. If we're working with broken characters (and let's face it, this is an Overlord RP so that's part for the course) what kind of plot do you have in mind? As in how do you, as GM, plan on handling the fundamental lack of exterior threats?

So a couple of ideas on that, there's several reasons going all out is something that should be avoided.

Now that we are in this new world our xp is finite, dying and being resurrected and using Super Tier Spells will chip away at our xp, so large scale use of that power is self-defeating. Also the resources the guild has are limited and should only be used in dire need. Not to mention the lack of knowledge, we actually don't know if their are beings as powerful as us. We do know that World Class Items exist, as we still have our own Naglfar, that means there is the possibility of the presence of items that could alter reality.

Due to these reasons and more the guild has decided to lay low until we can better establish ourselves. Essentially using high tier powers outside the guild is something we agreed not to do and going back on that will have repercussions.

As far as external threats, there are some and I could easily make an antagonist player later on. There's lots of possible paths.

I don't have limits on rp size at the moment so feel free to make your characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back