• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Overlord: Message From Another Time

Lord Moldoma

Professional Sweetypie
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Setup: I wanted to do a roleplaying adventure using the worldsetting of Maruyama’s Overlord’s “New World.” I feel like Overlord has a sense of loneliness that, while it works for a series being written by a single author, is incompatible with the nature of DND as it stood when I last proposed this RP on either this forum or another. So, to remedy this, I’ve devised that a more interesting roleplaying experience would be to roleplay a scenario in which there are multiple players being brought over (Isekaied) from YGGDRASIL into the new world.

It’d probably be a scenario fairly similar to Momonga’s, IE; a group of top players (Level 100) stick around until the final minutes of YGGDRASIL’s lifespan only to all be transported simultaneously into the new world. What follows would then be a player-driven story, following the exploits of the guild’s remaining members. The guild would be an AU analogue for a similar position as the original AOG guild, having a top-tier base, and a collection of NPCs at their disposal. The players would be encouraged to write an NPC to act as a member of the “Nazarick Staff” (or whatever equivalent the group would call their dungeon/base’s NPCs), as well as writing their own Player Character.

There will be no canons from the Yggdrasil side of things. We’d be starting with a clean slate If the DM were to suggest it, we could also eliminate any canon relevance in the New World, but since that’d lead to less material for the DM to work with, it may be better to keep the New World mostly the same, and have the main change be the Guild that takes the place of AOG.
Character sheets would probably be custom made, and would have sections for all of the respective statistics and specs each character would need, but I can’t see this being a numbers intensive rp, it’d be more to get a general feel for how the characters classes and archetypes work than anything else.
I am in search of game master(s) and players. This is open to both.

Last edited:
Id be up for this, got a few characters from other games i could use.

Id be up for this, got a few characters from other games i could use.
You’re more than welcome to join if you can convert the characters!

I’m still working on what the sheet needs to include. So please forgive me if I take a little while to get that ready and formatted.

A six year old child, is that ok?
I always sort of assumed that you had to be at least 16 to play YGGDRASIL, also, I'm not sure I'm really morally comfortable with such a young character getting involved in a setting like Overlord.

are our characters level 100?
Our Player characters are Level 100. If your playermodel was meant to be a 6 year old character, you'd probably be seen as a bit of a creep, even in the weird and wacky world of YGGDRASIL...

his player was a 6 year old child with a terminal illness. He got to play through a make a wish foundation-like group. the dev's helped him build the most optimized Archlich. So think of it as a special kind of scenario.

his player was a 6 year old child with a terminal illness. He got to play through a make a wish foundation-like group. the dev's helped him build the most optimized Archlich.
I have doubts that anything like Make a Wish exists in the "World of 2138." Unless the character lived in one of the Arcologies. Then I can sort of see it.

Fundamentally though, it's ethically objectable IRL for me to allow a character who's under 16, unless everyone here can agree to it.

I have doubts that anything like Make a Wish exists in the "World of 2138." Unless the character lived in one of the Arcologies. Then I can sort of see it.

Fundamentally though, it's ethically objectable IRL for me to allow a character who's under 16, unless everyone here can agree to it.
ok. since I don't want to cause trouble. I'll have him a 16 year old kid.

I'm a little interested in a Overlord type rp. Though I can imagine it being hard to manage. Did you have an overarching story idea for this?

I'm a little interested in a Overlord type rp. Though I can imagine it being hard to manage. Did you have an overarching story idea for this?
Well, the nature of what makes for an interesting Overlord RP in this vein is that it gives a lot of freedom to the players to decide the story. I assume the same events that were occuring in the novels were occuring at around the same time, but things being shaped by the players is an important piece.

That's why I'm searching for DMs, I'm not nearly as good of a writer as I'd like to think I am, and I don't wanna sour the taste of any prospective players.

That being

I also plan to have him look human inside and out. While he won't need to eat, drink or sleep, he still does it anyway.
Yeah, that seems about right. I always imagined Archliches look pretty human all things considered.

It would very hard to manage people. With people playing as near gods and without really a common goal to keep them together. Rules would need to be pretty strict to not have the entire thing collapse I would imagine. Its a story idea that could have some interesting human drama to it, but I see it as mostly just turning into a power fantasy for most writers.

I'll keep my eye on here for now. But good luck!

It would very hard to manage people. With people playing as near gods and without really a common goal to keep them together. Rules would need to be pretty strict to not have the entire thing collapse I would imagine. Its a story idea that could have some interesting human drama to it, but I see it as mostly just turning into a power fantasy for most writers.

I'll keep my eye on here for now. But good luck!
I'm sorry if it's a bad idea. I hope you can forgive me.

Its a good idea, but very ambitious. I hope it can get running!

I think Moca just doesn't want us to acted like a certain Bone daddy, going around and one shoting everything with Zero consequences.

I think Moca just doesn't want us to acted like a certain Bone daddy, going around and one shoting everything with Zero consequences.
There are definitely consequences for Ainz's actions. Overlord is at its heart, a political drama. It's shortsighted to implicate that he has no consequences for his actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back