Out of Character Chat

Probably the most interesting thing I received was a solar hand crank emergency radio that is also an LED flashlight. Got it from a secret Santa thing that I had done with my friends.

Seems like everyone had a pretty alright holiday celebrations. Now I have a question about the dodge ball match that will going on in the gymnasium, will we be reacting to the things on in the match like dodging and throwing or will the result be more sort of summed up in a post?

Seems like everyone had a pretty alright holiday celebrations. Now I have a question about the dodge ball match that will going on in the gymnasium, will we be reacting to the things on in the match like dodging and throwing or will the result be more sort of summed up in a post?

I would love to have the game be done with many short posts, but considering how difficult it is getting you all to post at the current dead snail pace this RP is stuck on, it's much more likely we'll have a round of initial posts then skip more to the end of the game.

Alright sounds sensible. Hopefully as things settle down now from the holidays there will be a shorter delay between posts here.

@Maiza Avaro @Sludgemouth @Numens @Galen Ardila @Liquorice @IctoraPost @RatKing

My expectations are that each of you make an IC post before Sunday. This is your change to catch up if you've fallen behind. After that and everyone's character is gathered in the gym we will handle formal introductions of the cast and explaining the rules of "ball ball", a completely nonsensical game with rules you don't exactly need to remember at all, followed by the game itself. Shortly after there will be a couple of short timeskips leading up to the end of this prologue section.

None of them have shown any signs of activity in some time. Unless I hear from them, I will be removing them from the RP. Their characters will either be removed as soon as the story allows or repurposed if I've already reshaped the story around them being in it.

If they do get removed, will you get more people to join, or just stick with us?

I will be looking to get a few more members, but if it is just us that is also fine with me. Also if anyone still here has any ideas of making a second character, that is another way to expand the cast. Just let me know.

I will be looking to get a few more members, but if it is just us that is also fine with me. Also if anyone still here has any ideas of making a second character, that is another way to expand the cast. Just let me know.

I do have an idea for a second character. I was thinking of one with the power of power immunity. Basically, other people's powers don't directly work on them. This means they could join in at any time as a result of the Alpha Sight girl being unable to see them. They could be found wandering around Philadelphia then be brought to the facility any time after that. What do you think?

I do have an idea for a second character. I was thinking of one with the power of power immunity. Basically, other people's powers don't directly work on them. This means they could join in at any time as a result of the Alpha Sight girl being unable to see them. They could be found wandering around Philadelphia then be brought to the facility any time after that. What do you think?

It was an ability I considered, both as a staple in the universe and to have as a control lever within the RP, but in the end I decided that it simply wasn't something Alpha would give a survivor. That's not to say their aren't abilities that interact with other abilities directly or even negate them entirely, but that's an effect of the ability and not its root form. Power negation alone would simply be too useless an ability regularly and likely extremely boring outside of its short bursts of usefulness.

And Medusa can see anyone granted power by Alpha. There are no exceptions, remember that.

Sorry, I'm writing my reply right now 

Wonderful, I really would have been sad to lose your character. He brings a whole different point of view into the story that would be lacking otherwise.

@Sludgemouth

My apologies for not giving you much to do thus far, but that is kind of accurate to your character's position. The vast majority of his time with Pandora would just be idle and isolation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, my school doesn't let us out until 5 so I barely have any time to do anything afterwards. I'll try to get a post up by tonight.

Post is up!

You're character is a full day behind where the others are. After being led back to the cafeteria he would have to go through the quarantine period overnight like all the others. Everyone else is working on the next morning right now, so try to get caught up.

Difficulty 1

Alyssa - foam softball

Rachel - tennis ball

Alex - rubber ball

Difficulty 2

Spark - silver ping pong ball

Tisha - nerf crossbow (5 darts)

Grace - 25lb medicine ball

Antonia

Difficulty 3

Andre - soccer ball

Michael - dodgeball

Ken - foam football

Nick - rubber ball

Alexander

Robert

Shelby

Other

Emily - nerf handgun (6 darts)

Walter - nerf rifle (3 darts)

Grace, who I will be taking over for now, grabbed a medicine ball. There may be a 25lb meteor of death flying across the room at some point in the game. Emily gave Walter a nerf rifle, which has three shots.

Feel free to grab a weapon of your choice and have some short and fast posts for the game itself. To get someone else out just see what difficulty I gave them above. Use a random number generator (or just type that into google and it'll do it) from 1 to 10 and generate a number. To hit a difficulty 3 you need to get a number above 4, for difficulty 2 you need higher than a 6, and for difficulty 1 you need to roll a 9 or 10. 

Sorry for the delay on my post, I wan't at my laptop the last two days and didn't really feel up for rewriting most of the post on a different computer.

Glad you're back. So, what does the referee actually use the weapon for? Shooting people at random?

Also, your Restricted Access forum has been unlocked. Is it supposed to be open? (I haven't looked at anything in there)

Glad you're back. So, what does the referee actually use the weapon for? Shooting people at random?

Also, your Restricted Access forum has been unlocked. Is it supposed to be open? (I haven't looked at anything in there)

Yup, the ref can take shots at either team.

It has? Odd. You shouldn't have access to anything in there yet, so until I figure out how to re-lock it I'll ask that you simply not peek.

Edit: Are you able to access it now?

Yup, the ref can take shots at either team.

So they can just shoot anyone whenever they feel like it. Seems a bit... odd.

It has? Odd. You shouldn't have access to anything in there yet, so until I figure out how to re-lock it I'll ask that you simply not peek.

Your request is my command.

Oh, and here's a random number generator. For convenience.

function randomNumber() {
var rand = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10 + 1);
document.getElementById("randButton").innerHTML = rand;
}

Time for the world's most hectic match of dodgeball to begin. 

Yes. The games tend to only last a few minutes at the longest since every single person has a ball. The standing record is five minutes, an epic showdown with Rachel and Alyssa being the last two. There will be multiple rounds played, but we'll skip over the others.

Yes. The games tend to only last a few minutes at the longest since every single person has a ball. The standing record is five minutes, an epic showdown with Rachel and Alyssa being the last two. There will be multiple rounds played, but we'll skip over the others.

Sound like quite that match, must of been something to behold. On at that note, when we're rolling to see if we hit someone would you like us to paste the result into our post?

Users who are viewing this thread