Out of Character Chat

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The RP has yet to start. Feel free to use this space however you wish.

Please follow this thread, as it will be the main way for everyone to communicate about the RP, and I know that I don't always tag everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone go into the Database section and tell me if they are able to see the Restricted Access section, and if they are able to get into that. (I haven't finished filling out much in there, so you'll be disappointed with its contents anyway, but please don't go reading any of it if you are able to.)

Good, now I can fill out everything in there without worrying about prying eyes.

@Numens I just did some research into the effects of zero gravity on various things, and it looks like your character could have been brought to the facility relatively easily in a helicopter. Turns out the only real difference between a helicopter in normal gravity and no gravity is the latter saves a bit of gas on the whole hovering part.

I'd like some input from others on which format would look better for character "cheat sheets". I've got these two 

[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]
Y7iJCBcrD17wO2yYHYK48oZvXg2jT3pa9vmHX0bHIbLf9O7GKgwqLVkYfh2_qcEY7QEHJTSMGLAZvywRNCchSm7v_IEnt0NbzjcnREDUNL8G1z8_oMlcQ_8nR4zj2g5iPYoUesVv
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]Name [/SIZE][SIZE=18.666666666666664px](Code)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]Ability: Filler[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.333333333333332px]  TYPE:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.333333333333332px] Filler[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.333333333333332px]DANGER[/SIZE]

█ █ █[SIZE=9.333333333333332px] █ █[/SIZE][SIZE=9.333333333333332px]  [/SIZE][SIZE=9.333333333333332px][5][/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.333333333333332px]  PHASE[/SIZE]

█ █ [SIZE=9.333333333333332px]█ █ █[/SIZE][SIZE=9.333333333333332px]  [/SIZE][SIZE=9.333333333333332px][2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.333333333333332px]RANGE[/SIZE]

█ █ █ █[SIZE=9.333333333333332px] █[/SIZE][SIZE=9.333333333333332px]  [/SIZE][SIZE=9.333333333333332px][5][/SIZE]

"Quote here."

Summary of the character here.

Character Name

No_available_image.gif

General Info

Personality

Biography

Others

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, id ius quodsi senserit, usu aperiri aliquid consequat te, nam verear epicurei mandamus eu. Ius ex aeque nemore, mei mutat nonumy scribentur ut. Posse phaedrum ex pri. Et vocent eruditi mel, duis alterum in sed. In falli legendos sea, dico nostrum vim in. No mel nisl timeam commodo, usu an illud oratio tantas, nobis quando reprimique duo eu. Ei his omnis perfecto, eu sea simul viris persius. Homero fabellas has ad. Essent facete et his.

Filler

BLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, id ius quodsi senserit, usu aperiri aliquid consequat te, nam verear epicurei mandamus eu. Ius ex aeque nemore, mei mutat nonumy scribentur ut. Posse phaedrum ex pri. Et vocent eruditi mel, duis alterum in sed. In falli legendos sea, dico nostrum vim in. No mel nisl timeam commodo, usu an illud oratio tantas, nobis quando reprimique duo eu. Ei his omnis perfecto, eu sea simul viris persius. Homero fabellas has ad. Essent facete et his.

Filler (Spark's info)

Power: 

Electrical Field

Description: 

The subject's body generates an abnormally high amount of electrical energy and the releases the built up energy in the form of static into whatever, or whoever, he comes into contact with. Not releasing the built up electrical energy frequently can cause it to reach more dangerous levels, causing harm to the subject or another when the energy is finally allowed to escape. In tests the built up charge was enough to kill insects and even a small lizard. It is expected that if electrical discharge did not occur the subject's own built up energy would reach fatal levels inside his own body and kill him.

Type: 

Energy

Phase:

Danger Level: 

The first looks a lot neater and more concise to me, so I'd say that one is the better of the two.

Thank you for the input. I think I'll be making up both for each character, the smaller one being for IC posts to make keeping track of characters easy, and the longer for their full sheets in the database.

I think that could work, would the smaller one be sort of formatted into each and every post then or would it be put there everyone now and then when something is updated?

Thank you for the input. I think I'll be making up both for each character, the smaller one being for IC posts to make keeping track of characters easy, and the longer for their full sheets in the database.

I like that idea, that was pretty much what I was going to say for my input. 

Okay, I'll be starting the RP tomorrow as soon as I get done with a final presentation and open everything up. For now if you want to get a head start on things anyone whose character was involved in the Philadelphia Incident can start thinking about what they experienced then and the state they would be in after that and into their arrival at Pandora. As always I will try to make myself available to answer and questions you may have. Also keep in mind a city was just leveled and that your characters are the few survivors. There will be injuries, likely heavy.

so, is a picture of our character going to become mandatory, based on using the tabbed card for character database?

@OverconfidentMagi My character is done btw, sorry I took so long.

(right well the tag didn't work... Now I look like an idiot)

The RP has now started, and I've unlocked the IC threads for the Philadelphia Incident and the Pandora Pennsylvania Location. Your first post should be the arrival at the Pandora facility. Origin posts covering the Incident itself can be done later. Those will show some of what the character experienced in the time from after the destruction until they were recovered by Pandora's recovery team, which could have been hours later if they were difficult to get to. Keep in mind that survivor are extremely rare (less that 1%) and they are often heavily injured when first recovered.

Subject Alleviant arrived at the facility much earlier than the other survivors since she was brought via zero gravity helicopter, the others would have all been brought by ground transportation, a good couple hour ride we will be skipping over for convenience. They will arrive in a large bunker-like garage, meet the unnamed head scientist man and Doctor SmileSmith then be brought to a bathroom to wash off and change clothes before finishing up in the cafeteria for food. The characters can choose either doctor for their physical and power check, Smith is standard too-happy always smiling man, Asian scientist guy is cold and unfriendly. Asian guy's last name is Ling if that comes up in anyone's post.

Oh, and everyone participating in the RP please follow this thread and the the very least the most current IC thread, which right now is the Pandora one.

@Maiza Avaro @Sludgemouth @Numens @Galen Ardila @Liquorice @IctoraPost @RatKing

For now she's allowed with the rest.

Oh, and there are two bathrooms, one for males another for females. They're really just large shower rooms though.

Does my membership request for this hosted project need to be accepted so I may post in the Pennsylvania Location? As of right now I don't even see an area to type a post on the page.

Does my membership request for this hosted project need to be accepted so I may post in the Pennsylvania Location? As of right now I don't even see an area to type a post on the page.

Does it work now?

Users who are viewing this thread