Out Of Character Chat

So I was watching Victorious yesterday since nothing else good was on, and every time Jade said something I couldn't help but think that her name was Phil, not Jade
This is what you have done to me, stellar.nova stellar.nova

IN OTHER NEWS, MY CHARACTERS WOULDN'T SHUT UP

If you asked her about him, she’d either roll her eyes and punch you or laugh and cover her reddening face with her hands. No matter the reaction, it was hard to deny that she was happy, and that it was a feeling she’d been aching to have for years.

Skylie herself wasn’t sure where the sudden emotion had come from. Usually, she shut them all off so that the people around her wouldn’t affect her. (Unless she was with Gareth, of course.) But something about him made her want to smile all the time, or do something stupidly girly like frolic in a meadow or something.

That’s why it still shocked her when her nightmares came back to visit her. In the midst of her happiness, they’d come and find her, immediately draining any feeling of security afforded to her.

It was the same old deal. A fist swinging through the air, arms pinning her down, a cruel mouth twisted angrily. Skylie screamed in her dream as the dark memories engulfed her, wrapping around her and assuring her that she would always be alone.

She shot up in bed in a cold sweat, her eyes wide and scared. Tears were streaming down her face, an after effect of sudden recollection of the bad days. Covering her face with her hands, she struggled to control her shallow breathing and erratic heartbeat.

Suddenly, warmth spread through her, and when she looked down, she realized why. He was there, as he always seemed to be, a ray of sun in the cloudy skies of her life. A weak smile flickered across her face as she laid down again, wrapping her arms around him and burying her face in his chest. Thanks to him, she felt safe for once. It was a feeling she’d thought she’d forgotten.

Right on cue, he wrapped himself around her, as if he was a blanket himself. Skylie blushed and smiled as he kissed her head, murmuring consolingly to her so she could calm down.

Lifting her head to kiss him, she whispered, “I love you, Omar. Never let me go."
( stellar.nova stellar.nova )

Castiel tried not to deal in emotions, but sometimes, he couldn’t help himself. And when it came his crisantemo… Well, it was hard not to feel something. That’s why, whenever he found himself overcome with jealousy for missing out on chances to spend time with her, he shut himself up with his flowers. They soothed him in a way no human could, not even her.

Today, he found himself staring at the yellow roses. He couldn’t even remember why he kept so many. Was it sentimentality? Was it nostalgia? Was it a trophy of some sort of his first lover? Perhaps. Or perhaps he’d felt more for him than he’d cared to admit. Then again, after his first real boyfriend ran away, he hadn’t really stopped to consider his feelings.

Right next to the roses were the lilies. A wry smile twisted his face. Something told him he was causing his lily pain by keeping her there, reminding her of him. At the same time, he couldn’t let go of what could have been, had things been different.

At the center of all his flowers were the white chrysanthemums. Castiel’s face grew tender as he stared at them. Emotions he didn’t know existed surged up whenever he looked at them, and sometimes he wondered if maybe something had been irrevocably broken when he’d first met Eva, the sexiest woman he’d possibly ever tried to charm.

If it had, it was certainly for the best, because he didn’t want to let this feeling go, not for anything in the world.
( PixieDust PixieDust stellar.nova stellar.nova )

Oliver knew that romantic attention would never come his way. It just wasn’t in the stars for him. Ever since his first and only girlfriend humiliated him for being smart, he highly doubted he would pursue such interests ever again.

But something about those two that he’d met made him feel happier than he had in a long time. One was full of pure kindness and goodness all around, while the other was intelligent and absolutely stunning. Oliver felt himself getting lost in what he’d believed was called a “crush.” Er, in this case, two.

He hid behind his book instead of telling them what kind of emotions they stirred inside him. Besides, they probably had their eyes set on other people. Those people far exceeded him. One was a smart boy who doled out compliments better than Oliver could ever imagine giving, and the other was a charming man who could sweep girls off their feet, perhaps quite literally.

Nothing anybody could say would change his thoughts. If he was good at flirting, maybe he’d have some sort of chance, but as it stood, he really didn’t. And it’s not like he was looking for romance. As long as he had Avril and Maddox, his surrogate family, he knew he’d be alright.

So, with a single tear rolling down his cheek, he told himself, “As long as Francesca and Mateo are happy, I am, too.”
(@TheWeirdPhilosopher PixieDust PixieDust )

Smoke curled through the air as Jacqueline and Tobias lounged on a couch as casually as always. A cigarette protruded from Jackie’s lips as she stared at the TV screen across the room. “Isn’t there ever anything good on?”

Toby groaned, “I wanna watch a ballet.”

Jackie smirked. “You always want to watch a ballet, ever since you met that sweet little ballerina. What was her name? Vasilisa?”

“And what about you? You won’t shut up about ‘your little troublemaker,’ Val. You keep moaning and groaning about wanting to run your hands through her hair and kiss her and blah blah blah…” Toby retorted, returning his cousin’s smirk.

She shrugged. “What can I say? She’s certainly better than that jackass I dated in high school. I’m sure a night with her would be better than that mistake.” After a pause, she murmured, “I really miss her when she’s not around, though.”

“And I wish I could share a dance floor with Vasilisa. But all good things come to those who wait. How about us both liking girls whose names began with ‘V’?”

“Great cousins think alike,” Jackie said, grinning. “And this time, I think we’ll both find our brand of happiness.”

“You’re right about that.”
(@TheTraveller deer deer )

Ivy blew a lock of hair out of her face as she tapped a pen against her notebook. Coming up with new material got harder and harder as time went on, so she made sure to make specific time to map out her new jokes.

Unfortunately, she found she was quite distracted. Instead of planning out jokes, she’d jokingly drawn a knight—specifically, the one she’d first met on the boat to the university. Dammit, why was she so distracted by that? Was it her imagination getting the best of her again? Ugh, she had to rein it in.

However, her thoughts were tangled up in another boy. Particularly, one she considered a neighbor of sorts. Either it was the Welsh accent or his adorable smile, but sometimes, Ivy couldn’t get him out of her head. What would her darling Trevor Noah say if he found out?

At that thought, she laughed. At the rate she was going, she’d probably be way past her prime before she could marry him. She supposed he wouldn’t mind if she liked someone else in the meantime.

She chuckled. “Heh… An unofficial dispute between Sir Ilya and Prince William. That makes for an interesting anecdote. Or a joke. Hmm.” Her thoughts refocused, she set back to work on her jokes, leaving her doodles of knights and princes behind.
( mxlly mxlly PixieDust PixieDust )

For whatever reason, Avril had been spending a lot of time sleeping lately. In between naps, she’d say hi to Olly or Cassy, and on rare occasions, she’d specifically find Dax and give him a hug. Most of the time, though, she’d read a book until she fell back asleep.

Now, she lay awake, staring at her ceiling. She wasn’t quite sure what she was feeling, which was an odd feeling. Usually, she was acutely aware of what she felt at all times, which, for the most part, was happiness. A cheery girl like her was easy to read like that.

Right now, though, her mind bounced everywhere. There were all sorts of people around her, including those who had known her parents. It was a slap in the face for this daughter of a fashion designer and a history professor. What soared above the rest of that was the collection of faces she met, friends she hoped she’d still be in contact with for years to come.

With a small smile, her mind drifted to Alois, who had shared some honey cake with her not too long ago. The taste had been heavenly, though Avie still considered herself biased to French cuisine. She’d thought of comparing it to his sweet personality, but part of her had convinced her not to. Even now, she wasn’t sure why.

Avie closed her eyes and remembered briefly how they had danced. A certain giddiness had filled her then, a feeling unlike the one she seemed to always have around Galen. It was hard to describe, since she didn’t remember feeling it before, so whenever she asked herself what it meant, she couldn’t answer.

It didn’t help that he seemed to shine when he smiled.

Covering her eyes with an arm, she murmured, “I’m sorry, Maman, Papa, but it seems your love story wasn’t enough. I wish you had taught me what all this means before you left.”

With a slight smile, she added inaudibly, “It seems my heart can’t decide. What would you do in this situation, Maman?”
( stellar.nova stellar.nova )

It wasn’t hard to tell what Kendrick was feeling. He was an open book about practically everything, except maybe Luciana. But lately, he’d been especially happy, strumming his guitar and humming Sam Smith whenever he got the chance.

When he woke up in the morning, he smiled. When he went to bed at night, he sighed contentedly. Whenever anyone ever said anything about anything, he grinned and nodded. He was so far gone.

One day, he reached up to the locket around his neck. Clicking the button, he stared at the picture of his Luciana, with her honey blond hair and sparkling hazel eyes. She’d been the most beautiful girl he’d ever seen, even after a car tore her apart. Closing his eyes, he kissed the picture softly, sorrow pulling him under for a single moment. “I miss you like hell, Luciana. I sorely hope heaven is treating you well.”

Kenny left his room and went to find Gareth, the source of his smiles. When he found him, a strange feeling took over, and he wrapped his arms around the other boy, resting his chin on his shoulder so his hair covered his eyes. “I love you, Gareth,” Kenny murmured, tightening his arms around him.

He may have lost Luciana, but he knew that she’d never forgive him if he spent the rest of his life mourning what could have been. Instead, he lived every day to the fullest, especially now that he’d found a new love in Gareth. One that made him feel as free as a bird.

The breeze seemed to whisper, You’re happy, and that’s all I want. Kenny smiled in response and kissed the boy who meant the world to him, as Luciana once had.
( PixieDust PixieDust )

And now to wallow in self-pity because I was writing those last night instead of studying for Chem XD
IM IN LOVE

stellar.nova stellar.nova So my mom has officially told me that she won't be able to get us Internet by the end of the school year, but she said we will have it for the summer. (Quite contradictory, but whatever.)
Anyway, after the morning of June 8th (EDT), my presence here and on Discord will be more iffy than before. I'm sorry :(

stellar.nova stellar.nova So my mom has officially told me that she won't be able to get us Internet by the end of the school year, but she said we will have it for the summer. (Quite contradictory, but whatever.)
Anyway, after the morning of June 8th (EDT), my presence here and on Discord will be more iffy than before. I'm sorry :(
Awww nooooooo. Q.Q I wish I could give you interwebs myself dear.

Well Kenny has a tattoo
Apparently
And this just in: When Kenny cuddles Gareth, he makes sure that Gare's on his left in some way, shape, or form, because when he cuddled with Luciana, she was on his right. It's sort of a nod to her and his way of saying that Gareth in no way replaces her, but he's held in so very high esteem.

Dammit Kenny, you sentimental nut

A normal day in the life of Gen
*listens to Avril Lavigne's "What the Hell" as she writes some stuff*
"You say that I'm messing with your head. Boy, I like messing in your bed--"

Jackie: OMG that's so me.
Cole: Duuuuuuude, same.
Sky: *in the corner because she realizes that's her face claim*
Kenny: *tries not to think about Gareth and fails and goes join Sky in corner*
Cassy: I believe that is the definition of me.
Toby: *shakes his head and sighs*
Nomika: You guys are weird.
Avie: Huh? *tilts head*
Olly and Ivy: ...
Me: GUYS, SHUT UP I'M TRYING TO WRITE HERE.

Last edited:
A normal day in the life of Gen
*listens to Avril Lavigne's "What the Hell" as she writes some stuff*
"You say that I'm messing with your head. Boy, I like messing in your bed--"

Jackie: OMG that's so me.
Cole: Duuuuuuude, same.
Sky: *in the corner because she realizes that's her face claim*
Kenny: *tries not to think about Gareth and fails and goes join Sky in corner*
Cassy: I believe that is the definition of me.
Toby: *shakes his head and sighs*
Nomika: You guys are weird.
Avie: Huh? *tilts head*
Olly and Ivy: ...
Me: GUYS, SHUT UP I'M TRYING TO WRITE HERE.

Well.....I watched it...and there were several reaction from my characters and I am rather amused.

Clo: *smirking* so she isn't so boring after all~

Dax: I.....did not want to see that.

Omar: is that my iilhi? *grins*
Me: noooooo she didn't want you to see that!!!!
Omar: *grins wider* too late!

Well.....I watched it...and there were several reaction from my characters and I am rather amused.

Clo: *smirking* so she isn't so boring after all~

Dax: I.....did not want to see that.

Omar: is that my iilhi? *grins*
Me: noooooo she didn't want you to see that!!!!
Omar: *grins wider* too late!

Skylie: *locks herself in her room*
Me: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE YOU SKY
Avie: Gen please don't tell me you'll do that to me.
Me: Nah only to Sky. This is what happens when she's basically me. She must sufferrrrrrrrrrr
Cassy: Sadism? That's hot.
Cole: Oh boy.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh *flails* WHY IS IT THAT SO MANY AVRIL LAVIGNE SONGS JUST SCREAM SKYLIE
AND WHY IS IT THAT NONE OF HAILEE STEINFELD'S ARE PARTICULARLY AVIE EXCEPT MAYBE "LOVE MYSELF"???
UGH
YOU GUYS

Skylie: *jamming to "Wish You Were Here"*
Avie: *attempting to understand "Hell Nos and Headphones"*

Spamming because I'm bored and I don't have any finals today but I came to school anyway
Also three-ish days and counting until I fall off the map OAO

I'M SORRY I'M SPAMMING BUT I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING
PixieDust PixieDust So like a year ago I started writing this one book, and I just realized the gay couple in it are Gareth and Kenley
Gareth
and
Kenley
Now excuse me while I go yell at them for being such a coincidence.
My Gareth: I CAN'T HELP THAT I'M SUCH AN AWESOME PISCES
Kenley: *grunts*

Arte was awake. He was unsure as to why he was awake, but he felt like he'd heard something that had broken the serenity of his sleep. Gently, almost sleepily, he peeled back the blankets, revealing that he wasn't wearing much, just a simple pair of shorts. Boxers, Katy had called them. She'd insisted that he wore proper attire when he slept instead of his clothes.

Well, it didn't matter to him that much and it made Katy happy. He stood up and gently ran a hand through his hair to pull it from it's messy state. He wasn't going back to sleep any time soon. With a soft yawn, he headed out of his room and walked down the hallway. When he reached a door there, his eyes flickered with recognition.

Broken from the hold of sleep, he was now able to remember why he'd been awoken. Gently, he pushed the door open and walked into room beyond. This room was quite special, the walls, ceiling, and floor had all been carved by him and painted by Katy. It was a joint project that they'd undertaken together.

There was an object in the center of the room. Arte's eyes lit up and a smile graced his face as he walked towards it.

With steady hands, he reached forwards and picked up the small bundle that was within the object, holding it within his arms.

"Anastasia, my little princess, why are you awake at this hour" he spoke softly as he brushed a few golden curls from the small baby girl's face, watching as she giggled at his touch.

He'd heard her laughter from his room, that was why he'd awoken. The girl was only three years old, yet she was impossibly intelligent, reminiscent of his childhood.

"Arte..?" he turned to see Katy standing at the door. He idly wondered if she'd been woken by his presence missing from the bed. Katy focused his heart and he soothed hers.

"Anastasia woke me up" he said gazing into her eyes as she walked towards him. Anastasia had his eyes but her mother's features, her hair, her smile, her laughter. Arte had once told Katy that she was the only girl he could love, but he'd been wrong. That was how amazing life was. It had given him something he'd thought impossible. It had given him a second girl he could love as much as his wife.

From the moment she'd been born, for the entirety of her life, Anastasia Anai Mestiere would be one of the greatest creations he'd ever helped create.

stellar.nova stellar.nova

Arte was awake. He was unsure as to why he was awake, but he felt like he'd heard something that had broken the serenity of his sleep. Gently, almost sleepily, he peeled back the blankets, revealing that he wasn't wearing much, just a simple pair of shorts. Boxers, Katy had called them. She'd insisted that he wore proper attire when he slept instead of his clothes.

Well, it didn't matter to him that much and it made Katy happy. He stood up and gently ran a hand through his hair to pull it from it's messy state. He wasn't going back to sleep any time soon. With a soft yawn, he headed out of his room and walked down the hallway. When he reached a door there, his eyes flickered with recognition.

Broken from the hold of sleep, he was now able to remember why he'd been awoken. Gently, he pushed the door open and walked into room beyond. This room was quite special, the walls, ceiling, and floor had all been carved by him and painted by Katy. It was a joint project that they'd undertaken together.

There was an object in the center of the room. Arte's eyes lit up and a smile graced his face as he walked towards it.

With steady hands, he reached forwards and picked up the small bundle that was within the object, holding it within his arms.

"Anastasia, my little princess, why are you awake at this hour" he spoke softly as he brushed a few golden curls from the small baby girl's face, watching as she giggled at his touch.

He'd heard her laughter from his room, that was why he'd awoken. The girl was only three years old, yet she was impossibly intelligent, reminiscent of his childhood.

"Arte..?" he turned to see Katy standing at the door. He idly wondered if she'd been woken by his presence missing from the bed. Katy focused his heart and he soothed hers.

"Anastasia woke me up" he said gazing into her eyes as she walked towards him. Anastasia had his eyes but her mother's features, her hair, her smile, her laughter. Arte had once told Katy that she was the only girl he could love, but he'd been wrong. That was how amazing life was. It had given him something he'd thought impossible. It had given him a second girl he could love as much as his wife.

From the moment she'd been born, for the entirety of her life, Anastasia Anai Mestiere would be one of the greatest creations he'd ever helped create.

OH MY GOD I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS AND KATY IS CRYING BECAUSE IT IS THE SWEETEST THING SHE HAS EVER SEEN.

Dang it! You beat me.
Oi. Well.
These were floating around my head this week.

While two little boys and little girls played in the sunshine, two women sat on a porch swing in the shade, one of them balancing a child in her lap.

“It seems like just yesterday you told us you were expecting the first time, Skylie,” the brunette woman remarked, her voice lilting with her French accent. Her eyes were crinkled happily as she smiled over at the children, two of which bore the same hair as she did.

The blond woman, Skylie, grinned. “Yeah. They really do grow up fast.” Looking down at the baby in her lap, she said, “Isn’t that right, Gareth?” In response, the baby laughed, his wispy blond hair like that of his mother’s lifting away from his forehead. The two women giggled, charmed by his adorableness.

Smiling over at her friend, Skylie admitted, “I never thought I’d be this happy, Avril.”

Avril smiled back, taking her friend’s hand in hers. “Neither did I.” Pausing, she glanced at the steps leading up to the porch, her smile widening with recognition. “Cassy!”

Glancing over, Skylie noticed their friend Castiel, his slightly overgrown hair falling into his face. His son and daughter had joined the small group of children, their dark heads bobbing excitedly. He held two flowers in his hand, and these he handed to Skylie and Avril. “Sorry we’re late, Azucena, Azalea. Victor insisted on flirting with everyone we passed.” His Spanish accent made his words seem lighter as he gazed out at the group of children in the yard.

“I’d say that’s perfectly normal, considering you, Cassy,” a voice behind him said. The three adults turned to see their friend Oliver with little Agatha in tow, grins on both their faces. Oliver greeted Avril with a kiss on the cheek and sat beside her, placing his daughter on his lap. Avril immediately rested her head on his shoulder, and his smile became serene. Over the years, his anxiety and depression had alleviated bit by bit, and it was moments like these where this calmness was made clear. Only when Oliver was around Avril was he this content.

“Are we too late to join the party?” a distinctively German voice asked. Tobias, another friend in this little group, appeared behind Castiel, with his cousin and best friend Jacqueline striding onto the porch behind him. Her son Tony was piggybacking on Tobias, which seemed rather ridiculous, considering their matching grins.

“The real question is, are you sure you two didn’t switch kids?” Skylie joked, noting the eerie similarities between Tobias’s son and Jacqueline and her son and Tobias.

Jacqueline waved away this jab. “You should see Jack when he thinks Toby isn’t looking. He’s been practicing his breakdancing.”

As if there weren’t enough people on the porch, four more adults joined them, which in turn made the group of children on the lawn increase. Kendrick, Ivy, Coleson, and Naomi all looked vaguely exhausted (especially Naomi), but all were smiling. Kendrick was holding a little girl’s hand. The rest of the group didn’t recognize her.

Avril was the first to stand up and crouch down in front of this young girl. “And who’s this?” The girl at first ducked behind Kendrick, but she gazed at the former model with clear admiration. She couldn’t have been more than three, a bit younger than Kendrick’s daughter Luciana.

Kendrick smiled kindly at the girl, who clung to him as if he was her father. “This is Magdalene.” He paused. “She’s my adopted daughter.”

There was a great pause. Castiel studied Kendrick’s face, as did Skylie, who had grown accustomed to filtering out the auras of the people around her. Kendrick’s was sunny, but there was a tinge of something else…nostalgia? The rest of the group knew how Kendrick’s parents had died when he was a baby, leaving him in a home for orphaned children in Italy, which he now considered his home. The subject of his foster mother, Magdalene, was a touchy one for him, especially after she’d passed away some time ago. They all knew how Kendrick kept in touch with his foster siblings, some of which babysat Luciana when he was busy.

Avril was the only one smiling. She stood up and pecked Kendrick on the cheek. “I’m sure she would be proud of you.”

That was all Kendrick needed to hear. A single tear slid down his face as he hugged Avril tightly. Little Magdalene looked confused at this sudden emotion from her adoptive father, but soon she was wrapped up in his embrace, too, and for the first time, the rest of the group saw the girl smile.

Ivy glanced out at the group of children in the yard. “Has anyone noticed lately that my Isaac trails after Aveline like a puppy?”

Skylie raised an eyebrow. “You mean like how you used to follow Will?” Ivy glared at Skylie without venom while the others laughed. Skylie added, “Or like how Kenny used to trail Gareth?” Glancing down at her son, she amended, “Not this one, but the other one.”

Kendrick rolled his eyes. “You’re one to talk. What about how you talked about Omar nonstop when you two first started going out? I swear I still can’t hear his name without wanting to exit the inevitable mushy conversation.”

Skylie stuck out her tongue. “Whatever. We all turned out all right in the end.”

Avril smiled at the yard. “It seems all our kids take after us in some way,” she murmured, watching her twins play with the other children. “That’s what makes them so wonderful.”

Skylie, Castiel, Oliver, Tobias, Jacqueline, Kendrick, Ivy, Coleson, and Naomi nodded in agreement, watching their own children play with the others. Years and years had passed since Olympia, but they kept all of their friends in their hearts. However, this group of ten adults had stayed the closest, and now that they had children, they were possibly closer than ever before.

Coleson closed his eyes, still lined in “guyliner” as always, and sighed contentedly. “Where one door closes, many others opened,” he drawled, opening his brilliant blue eyes again to meet the others’.

Oliver kissed his daughter on the cheek. “That they do.”
~ ~ ~
Years later, Skylie and Avril sat next to each other in the first of many rows of folding chairs, clutching each other’s hands as they stared up at the front altar, where Skylie’s eldest son Jared stood facing Avril’s daughter Noelle. Both were beaming, practically radiating with happiness (which to Skylie, of course, they were). Even the former street urchin couldn’t stop tears from rolling down her cheeks. Aveline and Gareth were up there with their brother, their eyes warm as they watched the scene unfold.

After Noelle had wrapped her arms around Jared’s neck and kissed him, Skylie leaned her head on Avril’s shoulder. “We’re officially related now.”

Avril’s voice seemed to be smiling as she chirped, “Yep! And I hear soon Cassy and Toby will be related…?” This she directed to the row behind them, in which Castiel and Tobias sat with their other friends.

Tobias grinned in spite of himself. “In a few months, yeah. Jack won’t shut up about it.” Looking over at Castiel, he added, “I blame you.”

Castiel held up his hands. “It’s not my fault my Victor’s such a charmer.” With a nostalgic sigh, he said, “It seems like only yesterday Vic said to me, ‘Dad, I wanna be bi, just like you!’ Of course, he was disappointed when he realized he was gay, but I can’t say the same.” He raised his eyebrows at Tobias. “I always knew part of you was gay.”

Tobias threw up his hands. “I’m straight, dammit!”

Skylie and Avril laughed along with the rest of her friends. They’d invited old friends from Olympia to the occasion, and Avril spotted Galen out of the corner of her eye. She smiled over at him, and he returned the smile. Thank goodness they’d returned to their easy friendship.

Kendrick, beside Castiel, grinned. “There’s Mags! I’ll be right back.” The others spotted old friends and left, leaving Skylie and Avril alone. Jared and Noelle had retreated to the wedding reception along with most of the crowd, but the two mothers stood together, staring at the altar.

“Reminds you of your own wedding day, doesn’t it?” Avril murmured, touching the lily tucked behind her ear. Castiel had done the same thing on her wedding day, wanting his Azucena to “glow like the beauty of this flower.”

Skylie closed her eyes, her face flickering with a soft smile. “Yeah.” She fisted the material of her stubbornly black dress, reminding Avril of the black dress Skylie had chosen as the one she got married in. Even on the happiest day of her life, Skylie had insisted on rebelling against social norms, begging Avril to make her something “black but beautiful.” While Avril had worn soft cream that floated like a butterfly, Skylie had worn a bold black piece lined in gray.

A soft breeze gently lifted the women’s hair, and they looked up at the sunny blue sky. With a flick of her hand, Skylie nudged the humid air to form a rainbow that sparkled over the altar. Avril watched this with wonder, still amazed at what her friend could do.

“Shall we go join my daughter-in-law and your son-in-law?” Skylie finally asked, holding her arm out for the French girl to take.

“Oui,” Avril responded, linking arms with her blond friend. The two women strode inside with the other guests to go greet those whom they had known for a long time.

And as they left, the rainbow shone above the wedding altar, a reminder of the happiness they had all found after a long while searching.
Her once brilliant blond hair drifted in the slight breeze, now more gray than anything. Skylie breathed out a contented sigh, her eyes half-closed as she watched the last straining rays of the sun. For once, she had no thoughts at all, and that was saying something.

“’Iilhi.”

A smile spread across her face as she turned her head and spotted the love of her life, Omar, still stunningly handsome despite the gray lining his hair and the lines on his face. He sat beside her and immediately wrapped her in his arms, chasing away the mild chill with his warmth. Skylie snuggled into his embrace, folding her legs up onto the porch swing they perched on and closing her eyes. “Mon loup.”

His chest reverberated with a chuckle. “Why is it you insist on calling me a wolf?”

She shrugged innocently. “Because all the other French pet names I know are far too mushy?”

He kissed the soft spot behind her ear, smirking at her resulting giggle. His eyes then gazed out at the sunset. “You painted something like that a few days ago, didn’t you?”

Skylie lifted her head to inspect the scene before her, her pale blue eyes taking in every minute detail. “Yeah. I did.” The colors did indeed match the landscape she had painted days previous, but the sunset before them was more natural and less…charged. Everything she painted had a certain underlying emotion to it, and the sunset she’d painted had spoken of the sheer, unadulterated joy that she’d known for the last few decades.

Suddenly reminded of this, she leaned up and kissed Omar sweetly, and he kissed her back. “I love you, Omar,” she murmured, shifting so she sat on his lap.

He chuckled again and kissed her temple. “I love you, too, ‘iilhi.” After a pause, he whispered, “And I’m glad I grew old with you.”

“Excuse me, sir, I believe it’s rude to call a goddess old!”

Once again, a smirk played on his lips as he rested his chin on her head. “Ah, that’s right. Forgive me for my insult.”

As he had once said to her, many, many years ago, Skylie replied:

“There’s nothing to forgive.”
~ ~ ~
Kendrick strummed his guitar absentmindedly, a notebook propped open in front of him to a page already filled with scribbles, some in Italian, some in English, and some in broken French. A few were even in Portuguese.

A pair of arms wrapped around his shoulders and a head appeared on his shoulder. “What are you doing now, Kenny?” Gareth asked, a wide grin on his face.

Kissing his cheek, Kendrick answered, “Attempting to write that song I told you about. The one with the crappy French.” Tilting the notebook so he could see, he continued, “I know you’re trying your best, Gare, but I’m pretty sure I’m still lousy at the language.”

Gareth closed the notebook and sat down beside him, still smiling. “That’s alright. You’ll learn it eventually.” With a slightly flirtatious smirk, he pleaded, “Play some Sam Smith for me?”

Rolling his eyes mockingly, Kendrick began strumming a new tune, and soon he sang out the song he’d once serenaded Gareth with, years ago. Gareth leaned his head on Kendrick’s shoulder, quietly listening. When the other boy was done, he opened his eyes and looked up. “Thanks, Kenny.”

“Anything for you, Gare,” Kendrick whispered, before wrapping an arm around Gareth and kissing him. When he pulled away, he was grinning. “I love you, you know that?”

Gareth laughed. “You only tell me every day.”

Kissing him again, Kendrick said, “Because I don’t want you to ever forget it.” His eyes grew soft as he murmured, “I hope I get to sing to you every day for the rest of our lives.”

“You know I love you, Kenny, but stop talking about the future. I want to live in the here and now!” Gareth scolded gently, nudging Kendrick with his shoulder. “And right now, I say we have a movie night!”

“Sounds good,” Kendrick replied, laughing and setting his guitar down. He followed Gareth, making sure to flip open his notebook again as he left.

A single line was clearer than all the others on the page, illuminated by a single ray of sunlight through the nearby window:

“I love the life I’ve come to know/and each day I feel my love for him grow."
“And then Victor offered a flower to the bunny, Maman! Isn’t that silly?” a little girl with wavy brunette hair bounced on her mother’s lap, blinking up at her with gorgeous hazel eyes.

Her mother smiled gently. “Your brother takes after his father, I’m afraid, Noelle.” She eyed the man sitting across the table from them with a teasing glint in her own hazel eyes. “Isn’t that right, Castiel?”

Castiel looked up from his flower arranging with a grin. “What can I say? Our son’s a natural flirt. To his credit, bunnies are adorable.” He stood up and walked around the table to kiss his wife on the cheek. “Just like you, Avril.”

Noelle giggled, but another voice complained, “Papa, not in front of us kids! We’re too young to witness that stuff!” A slightly older girl with curly black hair stepped into the room, her hands on her hips. Though she looked impressive, she was still far shorter than Castiel. She was the youngest of four, but her sass outmatched even that of her eldest sibling, Victor.

Avril chided, “Now, now, Rafaella. Don’t be mean.”

Rafaella flounced over to the table in a very Avril-manner. “Yes, Mama,” she replied obediently, her voice holding the same accent as her father. Victor’s voice matched theirs, while Noelle’s and her twin, Jacques, sounded like their mother. Their friends often marveled how the four were related at all.

Castiel ruffled Rafaella’s hair. “I thought I told you to go up to bed.”

She stuck out her tongue. “I’m not tired.” It was then she yawned.

Avril stood up with Noelle in her arms. “I think we should put them to bed ourselves, Cassy. Vic’s probably reading one of your botany books again.”

Castiel sighed. “Like father, like son, I suppose.” Nevertheless, he picked up Rafaella and led the way upstairs, passing the boys’ room, where Jacques was already sound asleep and Victor was reading by the light of his bedside lamp. “How is it that the boys are better behaved than the girls?” Castiel teased, tickling Rafaella under her chin.

It took some effort, but Avril and Castiel managed to get the girls under control and tuck them in after reading them a bedtime story. Though Noelle was a few years older than Ella, she adored having her parents read to her.

Once back downstairs, Castiel flopped down on one of the couches in the living room. “I’m exhausted and I only spent five minutes reading that book.”

With a smile, Avril laid down beside him, curling up against his chest. His arms wrapped around her and his body curled around hers. When she lifted her head, he kissed her, and they both smiled serenely. She played with his hair and asked, “Have you heard from Olly or Sky lately?”

His eyes half-closed as he gazed down at her, Castiel nodded. “Olly’s coming to visit in two weeks with Ivy. And Sky… Avie, she’s engaged now. To Ezekiel.”

Avril let out a breath. “Thank goodness. I’m so glad she’s found her happily ever after.”

Kissing her cheek, Castiel murmured, “Hers can’t possibly be happier than ours.” Pulling her snug up against him, he continued, “I love you, Azucena.”

With a giddy grin, Avril pulled the blanket off the back of the couch and tucked it around them, feeling Castiel’s warmth envelope her. She kissed the tip of his nose and said, “Je t’aime, aussi, Cassy.”

He smiled brightly and kissed her again, bringing images of sunny meadows and colorful flowers, of warm smiles and joyful tears. Never had Castiel Valdez and Avril Cavallon been so happy, even when their parents were alive. But if their ten married years had taught them anything, it was that they were happier with each other than they had ever been apart.

To Those It Concerns:
stellar.nova stellar.nova PixieDust PixieDust mxlly mxlly
(for brief mentions of your charas or full on mentions)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back