• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Otherworld: When Two Worlds Collide (OOC Plot Discussion )

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hey people's
I'm picking up my much better computer and monitors from my job so it'll be a lot easier for me to respond :)

I will wait that either schoolday ends or someone heads to neighborhood where Tup is making mayhem, before i write what else Tup is doing. Yes she is lighting fires around neighborhood.

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Canonically I'm imagining that the rift is on the sidewalk very close to the road and the only reason Tup ended up in the middle of it was that she ran out of the portal and onto the road. I hope you don't mind if I go with that in this case. Alternatively, the portal might drop you in the general vicinity and not in one particular place? Just an idea. It was the best way to get Lawrence back in the human realm without having to miss Riah and the start of school.

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Canonically I'm imagining that the rift is on the sidewalk very close to the road and the only reason Tup ended up in the middle of it was that she ran out of the portal and onto the road. I hope you don't mind if I go with that in this case. Alternatively, the portal might drop you in the general vicinity and not in one particular place? Just an idea. It was the best way to get Lawrence back in the human realm without having to miss Riah and the start of school.
Sound good, There might be firetrucks and polices going past Lawrence, towards where Riah's home is.

Ahhh. He talks like he’s reading an essay. I suppose what I get for making a noble. But at least with his long winded style of speech he can fill a paragraph rather easily.

Ahhh. He talks like he’s reading an essay. I suppose what I get for making a noble. But at least with his long winded style of speech he can fill a paragraph rather easily.
Lucky you, same time i need really think how i fill paragraphs with goblin, who looks like human child, doesn't speak lot in human, and even in goblin it's only to fire and her club. Especially when i am not filling long time happenings.

Lucky you, same time i need really think how i fill paragraphs with goblin, who looks like human child, doesn't speak lot in human, and even in goblin it's only to fire and her club. Especially when i am not filling long time happenings.

My go-to tactic for writing characters who respond in one word replies is to make the paragraph 70% their thoughts, 29% a picturesque description of what they’re doing and 1% dialogue.

sorry for the late response, I'm finally set up! I appreciate yall for yall's patience

I'm so excited to join in!
PyroMonomania PyroMonomania Mianigh Mianigh Do you two mind if I have Rikki spotted the two of your characters going off and following? They're certainly an interesting looking pair that would make him curious.​

HEY EVERYONE, SORRY I HAVENT FOUND AWINDOW FROM WORK TO POST MY REPLY...sorry for caps I work with caps lol

“In summary, this place is a hidden one that contains all mystical creatures, oui? Is it commonplace for your kind to come and go into the human world? Also is there any monarchs or governing bodies that your kind follow? Any countries or kingdoms?” Auguste inquires his questions gradually coming out faster and faster as he grows more curious about this new world. He unconsciously leans forwards and brings his hand to his chin in a thinking fashion. “Such different creatures I can’t imagine you all get along with each other. Do wars happen often? Does your kind ever make any plans to meet with humans? If not why is it specifically humans that are kept out of this world?”

Okay so for the first question yes the other realm (also knows as the Otherworld) is hidden behind a glamour wall that was created around the earth by certain 'leaders' of specific beings/ creatures. That was the first great war between humans and nonhuman creatures (around 2 billion years ago).

Second question, no, it is not common place for them to cross -over, but rifts have been opening up in random areas where humans or nonhuman creatures alike accidentally slip through and find themselves in the opposite realm that they're used to.

Third and fourth question, for Earth/ human realm its how it is here in RL. They have the same geography and presidents, kings, queens, mayors,etc.. As for the Otherworld realm I it has been 2 million years since the 1st leaders and of course smaller wars/ disagreements have happened since so I will leave that up to yall in who leads over, specific, nonhuman creatures. (One of my characters is a rogue dark elf so he doesn't answer to anyone except himself.) Same goes for the countries and kingdoms question. I haven't thought of specific names for certain citys and areas within the Otherworld so again, yall are more than welcome to come up with names :)

Fifth question, yes, wars do happen often and they've been happening so much lately that the magic that's used, inside the glamour wall, for or during these wars, has began causing rifts (tears) between the two worlds.

Sixth question. Most of the nonhuman creatures know humans exist and know about the wall but since the wall was created they can't interact with them. If they do happen to slip through one of these rifts accidentally though, depending on how long, they can make plans to meet with the humans they do meet, if they are wanting to return to the Otherworld realm and kind somehow find their way back through another rift. (rifts are extremely rare to find if you try looking for them)

Second part to sixth question..? (lol) We all know most humans are ignorant and have a lot of flaws, the main one being greed, so most of the wars in the past were created by them because they just didn't like having to share the land with, well, anyone other than themselves. Hell, humans even fight amongst themselves. So when the glamour wall was created, the leaders who held the magic that created that came up with a decision to erase all memories of them ever being known to one another. Unfortunately for them, before all of that happened, when it did seem peaceful at first, some humans and nonhuman creatures did have children amongst one another and those children that grew up were the ones that passed down the stories of the Otherworld as did their children and so on and so forth and this continued for millions of years and that's how humans today 'come up' with such fun stories and shows and movies...

Please let me know if I missed anything

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania
No prob, and for the most part it's common knowledge for the beings of the Otherworld realm. It's actually rare that humans know but for certain things like the Awakened ones, only really old ones know of them. Knowledge of them (the Awakened) was also passed down through the first leaders own children...
Idk if that made sense

Tup has learned English from her old tribe, where she doesn't belong anymore.
How she recognizes humans? Maybe from human like creatures or actual humans has crossed Tup's path.
Also maybe at medieval times there has been rifts and in goblins folklore they warn about how there is humans who kill goblins.

Last edited:
Yeah, just in medieval times there was knights and adventurers who hunted "evil" creatures.
Honestly don't know how I forgot about hunters, so yes if anyone is reading this ALL hunters know of the Otherworld creatures/beings as well as the nonhumans that live in the Human realm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back