• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Orphanage playground

Main
Here
I think Ma will quite like Dancy, no need to grow into monstrous forms to intimidate her. She will probably think you did it to get ready for the adventure.

Zotar Zotar
Dancy approached the orphanage. She closed her eyes and meditated, focusing in on the sound of chaos. It didn’t take long to find Wash causing trouble in the kitchen. She spent a moment watching play out before turning to Ma. “Excuse me Ma, but do you mind if I take care of his punishment? He’s making us run late.”

With a little cough and a sigh, Dancy transformed. She took great pride in the craft of her various faces. Some were beautiful, but this one was chosen for a different reason. She’d spent hours working on this particular form. It was scary. It was an 8ft tall cross between an Orc and a Dragonborn.
also, technically changelings can't do that, but I'm fine with leniency in the rules.

The rules on it are a little vague. Could you explain why I can't do that?
So the things changelings can morph into should be in their same category of length. Since we are still kids I guess you could only do small creatures. Also, you need to have seen such a creature before, but I think half orc half dragonborns could exist.

However, the rules also state that your characters clothes do not morph, which I think should not be the case. I do not feel comfortable with people bulging out of their clothes, especially kids.

So the things changelings can morph into should be in their same category of length. Since we are still kids I guess you could only do small creatures. Also, you need to have seen such a creature before, but I think half orc half dragonborns could exist.

However, the rules also state that your characters clothes do not morph, which I think should not be the case. I do not feel comfortable with people bulging out of their clothes, especially kids.

Heres my interpretation and explanation.
The rule about having to see a creature before I interpreted as being unable to impersonate a creature you haven't seen. Changelings create new identities rather than just copy others. If a changeling can change individual features it makes sense that they can take features from different races.

As for the height change, changelings can adjust to any size within their size category. Dancy is a medium creature so can be adjusted between 4 and 8 foot.

As for clothes, I figured Dancy worked something adjustable out.

I agree with most points, but the height thing is still quite a big jump for a kid of 12.

Yo folks, sorry haven't been chatting rpn decides i don't need notifs for this apparrently.

I'm just sittin and waiting for now with sam

You have to respond to cain or go meet up with the others lol.

pbtenchi pbtenchi and Felix Felix im not home atm. Ill check the rules later and see if i missed something.
....I.. uhh... did...

....I.. uhh... did...

Post wil be up around 7 pm pst. When sam didnt understand, does that mean you have questions lol.

Just making surr. I was vague for plot purposes
I cast conjure post.
I casted contingency: not at home

Hehe, <3

Post wil be up around 7 pm pst. When sam didnt understand, does that mean you have questions lol.

Just making surr. I was vague for plot purposes

I casted contingency: not at home

Hehe, <3
Well, more he doesn't fully believe Cain, thats all.

Oh lol, silly sam

I wasnt using official pricing but im curious, where did that come from :3
Just saw it in a random youtube video where a D&D party started farming goats instead of adventuring. As for not using the official pricing... good. The D&D economy is broken. In the TTRPG I've been making the greatest hurdle is definitely money.

Just saw it in a random youtube video where a D&D party started farming goats instead of adventuring. As for not using the official pricing... good. The D&D economy is broken. In the TTRPG I've been making the greatest hurdle is definitely money.
The economy is definitely busted. Even if i gave you thousand ms of gp, doesnt it take ic years to make certain magic items?

Also :O making a ttrpg?

Money doesn't matter when it comes to magical items.

just go into a random cave, look around, pick up whats valuable/looks cool/a nice rock or stick and rinse and repeat.

There are two things that control a character's power. Money and Exp. The game is effectively built around the EXP count. Game balance depends on throwing challenge appropriate encounters at the party. The trouble is, unlike EXP, GP is a number the fluctuates randomly. A character can theoretically become a millionaire at level 1. This is one of the reasons that they stopped putting prices on magic items. That level 1 character I mentioned could buy awesome magic items and will no longer be challenged by level appropriate encounters.

Yep. I make games. I'm going to uni right now on a prestigious game design course too. Tell me how impressed you are.
I'll be impressed when you make good games that I can play. :3
Money doesn't matter when it comes to magical items.

just go into a random cave, look around, pick up whats valuable/looks cool/a nice rock or stick and rinse and repeat.
I don't us ever even having enough time for a wizard to scribe a spell on a magic piece of paper, unless we have 35 posts of downtime(7 per person).But I absolutely think that there is a setting somewhere, where someone is selling good items for something. Even if its not gold. Dunno if it applies to this setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back