What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

The Orphanage

Dice System
D&D 5e
OOC
Here

still watching fma

Elder Member

Location: The Orphanage, outskirts of pearl Pearlgarden
Time: 6:00
Hammer, day 1
interior if needed
It's been generations since the phoenix guild mapped out the known world. An organization of Men, dwarves, elves, and other humanoids joined in the rush to map out the new world and claim new territories for their peoples. It was truly a golden era built upon the strife and hard work of everyone involved to reach new heights. They built ships that could fly. They traverse the harshest mountains and deepest rain forests. They built bigger fleets to tackle sea monsters head on. And dug deeper into the earth in search of ores and riches. During this time most of the worlds ancients watched from afar, peering at the changing landscape from the shadows. However, all good things must come end. The sun was seemingly banished from the world, it's life giving rays hindered by a sheet of billowing clouds that rage in the heavens at all times of the day. A corruption has begun to take hold of the world, causing crops to wilt with layer of grey that courses through them. A stalk of corn's exuberant yellow kernals look akin to ash from a cigar. Apples that had a fiery red, now resembled embers. Once firm, are now soggy and shriveled.

Still, the common peoples fought back to stem the tide of the corruption. They used magics to enable water to flow where drought have strangled the land. They used earthly magics of the dwarves to cycle through corrupted soil and druidic prayers to protect their crops from pestilence and decay. The clerics brought sunshine from the heavens, temporarily blasting through the clouds to bring much needed sun to their people. This however, wasn't enough. These brave adventurers who worked to save their people, were called to the sea one day. Never to be seen again.

This past decade, those who survived worked to maintain what was lost that fateful night. Though oddly enough, ocean life thrived and fish flourished, allowing the common races to still subsist. Yet, the corruption of this plane continues to ravage the land. Hope now existed in the next generation. As their elders started to age past the point of no return, society started to place stock in the next generation. This is where you come in. Your journey starts in an orphanage, run by an eccentric bard who managed to avoid the catastrophe of his peers. He has taught you the bare minimum of your arts. Spellcasters know how to draw weaves of magics to cast spells. Warriors know how to wield their blades and fire their bows. You've subsisted thus far through odd jobs as he taught you your crafts, but the time to face the world as adventurers draws nigh.

e18ca9e29c7802ec3891eeb44bf3974a.jpg

Your caretaker Cain, strides outside, into the muddy yard with his back toward you. This is a regular role call everyone has attended since the day they first arrived at the orphanage and were cast out as the dregs of society. He puffs his pipes and peers into the horizon. His eyes tear up slightly as the sun that once rose from the east, fails to show itself again. He solemnly bows his head as the pitter patter of feet begins to sound throughout the manorhouse.

OOC Goals:
1. Team up
2. Gather information
3. Find a quest

Also Do you heed the roll call?

@Orikanyo @Ilikepie @The Villain King @pbtenchi @Felix @Zotar
 
Last edited:

Zotar

Eumorpha vitis
In a dusted out nook of a crowded attic, nestled between two boxes, rested a large pile of burlap sacks filled with feathers. On that stack rested frayed bed sheets and an old quilt. Under that quilt rested a boy, or 'cub' if you prefer. This boy, asleep in his tunic and trousers, was also covered in a thin layer of white and yellow fur complete with a grizzled mane of unkempt hair. A tail lolled out of the makeshift bed curling this way and that, and a pair of tufted ears twitched at the sound of Cain the Caretaker's voice.

Washed in on the Tide opened one brown feline eye, and closed it again.
 
Last edited:

pbtenchi

Great Old One
As every day, Dancy begun by putting on a face. This morning she decided to go for a human female of her own age. A girl with curly blonde hair and blue eyes looked back at her in the small mirror. She liked the princess look it had, almost enough to forget the orphanage and dream she was a character from a fairy tale. She was just beginning to do her hair to get it perfect when she heard the roll call. She ignored it and continued adjusting her hair. Damn if she was going to go just because Cain called her. She had too much self-respect to obey his beck and call. If he wanted to speak with her, he’d come see her on his own two feet. Humph.
 

The Villain King

Keeper of the Doot
Io jerked upright in his bed, his hair damp with sweat. Crows cawed in the distance.

Another nightmare. They'd been terrorizing him more and more lately, dreams of drowning and slipping under the waves, the crushing cold and dark abyss making way for the lifeless expanse of the cosmos as constellations churned and writhed into the shapes of monsters, and coils of pure black twisted as a colossal serpent with entire worlds for eyes gazed into his soul and closed its massive fangs around his neck-

He shook his head. He was fine, wasn't he? It was all in his head. It had been a week since that voice had appeared in his dreams, luring him into the darkness. The magic power was an adjustment, but he wouldn't trade it for the world. Hopefully the nightmares would end soon and it would be easy to get a good night's rest.

Pulling back the sheet, the young aasimar rubbed his glimmering golden eyes and stumbled out of bed. He shivered in the chilly morning, rubbing the pearly skin of his biceps and shuffling over to the disheveled mound of fabrics in the corner. His belongings were organized neatly next to them, but there was no sense in folding or organizing the rags. Slipping the cloth over his torso, he made sure to add an extra layer so the constellation of profane markings on his back wouldn't show through any holes.

Can't have people asking questions.

Io ran a hand through his dirty, yet vibrant blue hair, and stepped out of his room into the manor. His room was at the far end of the hall, partly for privacy and partly because no one wanted to be his roommate. Which was fine, really. He didn't have to worry about some other kid swiping his stuff. Except maybe Wash...he never let that furball out of his sight.

Most of the rooms were quiet as he passed, proceeding towards the dining hall to make his way outside. He slowed his pace as he passed Kali's room, listening at the door. Maybe she would walk out with him? Something dark inside him told him to open the door and go in; it wasn't until Io shuddered at this thought that he realized his hand was already on the knob. He stepped away and quickened his pace down the hall and out of the manor. Making his way out onto the lawn, he approached Cain and pushed his hair out of his eyes. Looked like he was the first one out.
 

Orikanyo

Don't take yourself too seriously.
Supporter
A splash of water, Sam continued in his morning ritual as per usual.

Get up.

Say morning prayers

Wash his face.

Comb his hair.

Put on clothes.

And finally... Notice that his shirt is on backwards.

With a sigh he refixed his clothes, the sounds of morning rolecall echoing in his head, the need to hurry and get out before his teacher and leader of his band of... Nope, he wont think of the O word. It doesn't exist. He doesn't need to cry so early in the morning! He promised poppa he wouldn't! With a stiff upper lip, and a hand wiping away a totally not real tear, he pulled on his boot and headed to his room door... Realizing his sock is inside-out...

Coming out into the hall, hopping slightly on one foot as he pulled on a boot after some righteous sock fixing, he gazed at movement at the end of the hall, Io was ahead of him it seems. The others, with a cursory listen at each door, were less than prudent. Or.. simply getting ready? Should he check? Dancy might be up but... He...he had reservations, that were likely spawning from an ancient burgeoning instinct most young boys go through... However... When it came to Washed... he was just plain no good at finding Wash. Kali.... yea he couldn't...

Like most cats, they have a tendency to escape Sam's hands, outside of the moments they actually allow him to pet them. He often wondered where they go when they disappear... One of the other kids in town...

Kali.... yea he couldn't...

Best to get out to Cain... The young man squinted slightly at the morning light as he sauntered towards the two, briefly stumbling on a stone, catching his feet thankfully before hitting the ground.
 

Ilikepie

One Thousand Club
Kali woke up removed the book that was on her face from her late-night reading and played a few relaxing notes on her lute to wake herself up a little. She dressed herself in her overdress purple dress that she normally wears with her armor underneath since pants are such a pain to wear when you have a tail. She takes a few minutes to do her hair and then heads out of her room. Today was the day she decided that she was going to head into town to get herself a flute since she needs one since as a musician she needs to own more then instrument. She walks over towards where Cain is waiting for them while also playing her lute to get the attention of the other kids that it's time to wake up.
 

Zotar

Eumorpha vitis
Wash's ears twitched again. Could that be lute music he heard? Wash's eyes snapped open. He knew that tune. He'd ignored it once. T'was the siren's call of doom to those who failed to heed it. He stretched, he yawned, and he tumbled smoothly from his sacks into standing position. He pulled his paw out of the hole in his quilt and flung it off himself back onto the pile.

New morning, he thought, another day of kicking tails and taking scalps. Not that he'd ever scalped anyone. He just like to think that he was all too capable of doing so. But he'd kicked plenty of tails. With luck, Kali's tail would be one of them one day. After doing a few stretches, having a go at an upright support beam with his claws, and doing a few combat exercises to make himself even more fashionably late, Washed in on the Tide crawled out the window into the bleak, grayed-out world of too-early-in-the-morning.

From here on the roof, his keen eyes picked out the line of kids forming up before their benefactor. He slunk down the roof on all fours, took a jump onto a lower roof, and then fell with a controlled tumble onto the ground. From there he marched straight-backed into place in line next to the purple teifling, who was strumming on her lute with a self-satisfied look on her face, or so it seemed to Wash.

"Don't look so pleased, Kali." Wash teased with a slight growl in his voice. "Your tyrannical music will only get you so far." To Io and Sam he added, "Mornin' fellas! Where's Dancy?"
 
Last edited:

The Villain King

Keeper of the Doot
"I didn't hear them when I was walking out. They probably couldn't decide on a face," Io scoffed, rolling his eyes.

He opened his mouth to say more, but he decided against doing so with Kali in earshot. It probably wasn't a big deal anyways, Dancy being late was nothing new. He looked up at their caretaker Cain and asked, "So what are we doing today, sir? More foraging?"

Io prayed silently that it wasn't more foraging.
 

Ilikepie

One Thousand Club
Kali looks at Wash and smiles. "My music is the key to me discovering all the secrets of the universe and you are just jealous that my music allowed me to talk that one cat we meet awhile back." Dancy being late isn't new and Kiki likely overslept again as well so them not being here wasn't a big deal for Kali. Since Cain is still waiting for the others to arrive before telling everyone the plan for the day she decides to answer lo's question "Today I'm having a shopping day in town, I need to get a flute so I can make even more types of music to scare little Washy. If you boys are nice I might let you come with me."
 

still watching fma

Elder Member
636252770521719244.jpege18ca9e29c7802ec3891eeb44bf3974a.jpg
Skamp and Cain​

Cain turned about face and sighed at the initial turnout. He eyed Io and puffed his pipes, one at each side and raised his eyebrow at the sickly boy. Next was the boy wonder Sam, a timid boy with a lot of heart. Cain grit his teeth slightly thinking about the boy who actually assured him less about being independent than even Io. Following suit was the assertive Kali who like the fairy tales has said, attracted Wash who in his own roundabout way, was on his way to attending roll call. He grinned at Wash as he moved about like a stubborn house cat. " cats never liked me", he muttered under his breath.

He took a deep breath allowed a mist of smoke to billow from his nostils as the children settled in. " G'morning chaps and chapette, I suppose you can forage on the hike you'll be embarking upon later today Io. And you Kali, might be able to make the purchase if time allows". He surveyed the lot once more and used his finger to count each of their heads, " carry the 2 and you get 4, by gosh two are missing. Dancy and kiki ehh", he said. The old man paused and scratched his scruffy beard, sending bits of fish falling to the ground.

"Alright I got got it", he said before deciding to while whistle into the air. A small psuedo dragon no larger than a house cat perked its head from a hole in the tree house and let out a shrill cry. "C'mon boy", Cain whispered. The little dragon dug its claws into the tree before nearly galloping off the branch and into the air. Cain flipped a cracker in the air and the little guy snatched it before you could say halleluyah. " Alright skamp, you deliver this message to Dancy and Kiki", he said holding out a piece of paper. " The rest of you, go to Loman. He will hand out a couple of gold pieces for your provisions if you've no questions".

OOC Goals:
1. Team up
2. Gather information about the forest quest
3. Gather supplies

@pbtenchi @Felix Your message is today's quest and that you owe +1 gold piece to your rent lol

@Ilikepie @Orikanyo @The Villain King @Zotar Feel free to inquire about the task or make up the places you want to go in preparation.
 

The Villain King

Keeper of the Doot
Io smirked and chuckled as Kali lorded her superior knowledge and magical skill over Wash. He made a mental note to try to impress her later, either with knowledge or a cool spell or something.

But of course Cain had to confirm more foraging. And a hike, nonetheless.

What else, twenty pushups and running laps around the manor?

He was smart enough to keep his snide commentary to himself. He had learned his lesson enough times to know that Cain wasn't above giving frail Io chores like moving potato sacks or helping on a farm.

"A hike in the forest? What for?" Io pulled up the hood of his clothes and crossed his bony, almost skeletal arms.
 

Felix

Behind that Crazy Premise
"Whaaaa!" Kiki jumped out of bed, ready to defend herself. A white glow in the form of a huge handed extended around her prosthetic hand, protecting her from weapons. Skamp cowered away in a corner. "Oh, it's you." She lowered her guard. "That's what you get for waking me up this early."

She noticed the letter in Skamp's claws and grabbed it, after which the poor animal fled to the next room. The letter probably meant that it was not early at all, but Kiki had stayed up really late observing the fox that was hunting in the garden last night, so it still felt early. She rubbed her eyes as she read the letter. 1 whole gold piece?! What kind of money did the geezer think she had? She had to be grateful though, it was still better than the streets. The sound of a quest brightened her mood significantly, she couldn't wait to explore more. She carefully put down the paper on a big pile of stuff she had collected in the corner and then hurried to get dressed and put on her yellow jacket. She had one short look in the mirror and flinched at her own reflection. Than she put on the mask Dancy had given her and ran out the door.

She slowed down around the kitchen in the hope Ma wouldn't catch her. She glanced around and saw no one. She tiptoed inside and snatched a bun from the counter. Triumphantly she turned around and walked out of the door. Or at least tried to as someone held her hood back. "Stop right there, young lady! When you want food you ask for it." The menacing figure of Ma towered over Kiki, but she wasn't affraid.

"So can I have this bun or what?"

"That's no way to talk, miss Kiki."

"Could I mayhaps have this delicious bread, Lady Ma?"

Ma was still not budging.

"please?" Kiki added hesitantly.

"Alright then, but please do something about your hair before you go out."

"but I like it this way." Kiki said with a mouth full of bread.

Ma was glowering. Kiki swallowed hard. She answered Ma: "Well alright then, but only because you asked nicely."

And then she escaped and went outside, without combing her wild white hair.
 

Orikanyo

Don't take yourself too seriously.
Supporter
Sam watched the psuedodragon fly off, he quite liked Skamp, he remembers one time he was sick with the cold during a bad winter and the dragon stayed by him to keep him warm.

But... Well... Seems their quest today was to go to town for... Uhh... some reason? Their rent however... They had to be careful and make enough money for it. He had a good little bit of money saved, thankfully his mother gifted him some frugality.

Oh! The sound of that voice... Kiki was up!

Guess Scamp suprised her awake.

He considered the girl a friend, easier to talk to than other girls for some reason...

Oh wait he had a question!

"Mr.Cain! Has there been any news about the wood? Anything we should be watching for?

...Anything that might be valuable?"

@still watching fma
 

Zotar

Eumorpha vitis
At Io's comment Wash chuckled. "Yeah, that would be Dancy."

Wash didn't answer Kali, since he didn't quite have a retort ready for her. He did growl a little bit. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and then regarded his master idly, listening closely. The flight of the pseudo-dragon caught his rapt attention for a moment, but then he blinked and looked back at Cain. Wash would catch that little beast some day, and maybe play with it a while. So far the little lizard had evaded Wash's every plot and ploy, though there had been a few near misses. Wash still had a small bite mark on his hand from the latest attempt.

As Io's impertinent tone hung in the air, Wash heard someone coming up behind them, someone small. Washed turned to see the gnome-ling ambling out of the orphanage door, breakfast bun in hand. Wash smiled a little. Kiki had a way of brightening his day, just by being cute and innocent, mask and all. He did see her true face once. It didn't bother him in the least. However, he couldn't figure out why she'd gotten so upset. Something about him spying on her? It took weeks for Wash get on her good side after that, and Kali had given him an impressive bump on the head. While Wash wasn't bothered by Kiki's deformity, he thought the mask suited her just fine. It made her feel comfortable, and when she was comfortable, she was bubbly and fun. "Hey Kiki!" Wash called. "We've got a quest today!"

Lot's of things were qualified adventures to Wash. Even routine chores could be made exiting. Wash did it all the time. Today, he figured, was the day he'd get Sam to bless a patch of ground. It was a suitable exercise for the budding prophet of the Mighty Whomever. Wash hoped that went well. He needed a good place to plant his bag of catnip seeds, which he'd won in an arm-wrestle three days previous when Wash was sent shopping for Ma's cooking supplies. That secret was currently buried in his burlap bed.

Another adventure surfaced in his mind, so he finally had a question for Cain. But Sam beat him to the punch this time. Wash wasn't too interested in Sam's hunt for valuables, though he did need to know what the hike was about. Now it was his turn to ask.

"Master? Can we also check out that old theater soon? We... need a place to put on our shows and bring in some more coins." He probably wouldn't get to it today, but the inklings of an act had started to take root in Washes mind. So much to do. The last of his sleepiness went away with the changing tide. It was now hungriness o'clock.
 
Last edited:

still watching fma

Elder Member
e18ca9e29c7802ec3891eeb44bf3974a.jpg
Cain

Cain grinned at the sound of Ma's scolding in the morn, because it meant one of his stragglers was finally arriving. He grinned toward the doorway before facing the skeptical Io." Well well, I expected you might ask that Io, thanks for always stepping up first", cain said as he fiddled with his left pipe. " Today you will all be seeing the guardian of the forest, who resides over some of the last lush greenland for one hundred miles! so you'll have plenty of things to forage and collect". He turned to Sam and said, " Why yes, the Goldan wood's guardian has agreed to let children make the pilgrimage to meet her and gain her blessing. Oh and there are beautiful elven girls if you were wondering sammy boy". He knelt down to the childrens' levels and said, "this is an opportunity that hasn't come to pass for nearly 10 years. I'd like you all to meet the guardian, because it was a rite of passage for us when we were youngins back in the day. So wash, we can make that trip to the haunted theatre tomorrow, alright"? Although Cain despite trying his hardest, might have been wearing a worried expression, with deep bags filling out under his eyes, if only for a moment. Before grinning at his fickle group of youngsters.

@The Villain King
A chilling wind blows across the yard, but you feel especially frigid. " hello my boy, you should go and meet this....guardian. Who knows....what she's....hid---eeeing", it said looming over him like a shadowy spectre. The lord of secrets has no definitive form, but rather, it is a being that can take on appearance of whoever the beholder wants to see. Though for Io, he appears to a spiffy noble, clad in fitted vest with a puffy handkerchief tucked beneath his neck. Only those who can sense good or evil, would be able to even pick up on the presence. The lord of secrets gently pats your shoulders before dissipating in the wind once again.
 
Last edited:

pbtenchi

Great Old One
Dancy looked at the note Skamp delivered and paled. Literally turned pure white. Noticing she dropped her colour she quickly dyed back to how it was before. She knew she didn’t exactly have any authority in the house, but she was a big believer that if she respected herself others would follow. Was self-respect worth a gold coin? A gold coin could keep a roof over her head a little longer and put food on her plate. She decided that it was. She finished curling her hair and went down for breakfast.

Being someone understood the importance of please and thank yous and who kept herself properly groomed, Ma didn’t trouble Dancy over breakfast.

She went off to Loman to get supplies and meet up with the others.
 

The Villain King

Keeper of the Doot
Io shivered. That voice...it was him.

It was the first time his master had spoken to him since the pact was made a week earlier. He could instantly sense the entity's presence; it was like someone dipped a heavy cloak in ice water and draped it around his shoulders. His back tattoo itched like hell, and Io could feel the deathly cold, gloved hand on his shoulder, like the Grim Reaper himself.

Io's mouth opened, but no sound came out. Could the others see? What would they think? His frail arms reached behind to try to quell the insufferable itch, as he began to hyperventilate a little. He whirled around to get a look at the mysterious being, but it was already gone.

An awkward moment of silence past before Io realized that everyone was watching him have a psychotic episode. He took a moment to try to diffuse the tension with a believable lie.

"I think a leaf or something fell down the back of my tunic, haha...geez, it's really cold out today, isn't it?"

He decided to change the subject. "So, are we seeing Loman first, or hiking first?"
 

Zotar

Eumorpha vitis
Wash's ears perked up at Cain's announcement. A mystical guardian? Fertile ground? AND elven maidens to impress? "Count me in!" He said excitedly. "See you at Lomen's!" Wash was about to bound away but stumbled when he saw Io struggle. The boy was much paler than usual and seemed to be shaking off a bad vibe. An awkward moment later, Io recovered with some weird excuse about the weather.

"You going to alright, Io? Maybe you need breakfast! Let's all go eat, get our stuff and then go see Loman!"

@The Villain King
[Insight Roll: 20]
 

still watching fma

Elder Member
@Zotar You aren't able to discern what it is that creeped io out, but you certainly felt a chill. A goosebumps. A tickle feeling if you will. But that's all can you discern for now.
 

Ilikepie

One Thousand Club
Kali wondered if this forest guardian has any interesting information that could help her in future goals but hopefully she is still going to have time to get that flute that she needs. Kali notices Kiki has finally gotten up to join the group. "Good morning Kiki. The boys are being weird again and apparently we need to do this pilgrimage thing to the forest guardian before we can do our shopping trip. Alright so the plan for today is breakfast, speaking to Loman, this pilgrimage thing, and then getting my flute." She begins walking to the kitchen to get her breakfast.
 

The Villain King

Keeper of the Doot
Io nodded. "Sure, yeah. Lemme grab my stuff then. Meet you guys in the kitchen."

Anything to get out of that awkward situation.

He pulled his robes tighter around himself, bracing his brittle frame against the breeze as he ran back inside and down the hall to his room. He took deeper breaths to calm down, silently facepalming at how he must have looked in front of Kali. She'd probably think he was crazy now. If she didn't already.

Io rummaged through his belongings and procured his most important items. He started by changing into his armor, a simple leather chestpiece with a belt, leather bracers, kneeguards, and shoulder pads. He slipped his cloth robes back over the top of the leather, admiring in the mirror how the leather underneath his clothes made him look bulkier and more fit. After the armor, Io grabbed his scholar's pack and triple checked that all of his gear was in there: his ink bottles, pen, parchment, his arcane notes, his leatherbound copy of A Journeyman's Guide to Monsters, a small knife, and the little bag of scribe's sand. The sand was useful with his pen and ink, but he figured it could help in other ways, too. Can't be too careful.

After checking his pack, he grabbed the lucky crowbar that he had used to break into his parents' locked chest and gather their leftover equipment after they disappeared. It was one of two items he would defend with his life. The other was a glass orb, roughly the size of a cantaloupe, dark and stormy on the inside, with a dazzling helix of tiny lights like a small nebula of stars in the middle. It was once his mother's, and she would always tell him how the goddess of fortune had given it to her in a dream. It used to shimmer brightly with a metallic sheen like a gold coin, but had since been darkened and corrupted by...him. Io could hear tiny whispers in his mind as he closed his fingers around the artifact and set it on his bed.

His daggers went on his belt, and he strapped his light crossbow to his hip (thankful that it was not as hefty as the heavy crossbows he had seen adults use) before picking up the orb and exiting the room. He strode with pride, always excited to be decked out in full gear. It made him feel powerful, like the heroes that had kept the balance before they left for distant lands.

After closing his door and triple-checking that it was locked, Io walked down the hall and into the kitchen. Seeing that Kali was already there, he debated sitting next to her, but sat across instead and pretended not to notice her. He drummed his fingers impatiently on the wood surface as he set his orb on the table and gazed into it. What did the Lord of Secrets want from him? And why mention that the forest guardian was hiding something? Was it treasure? Probably not. Such a powerful being was probably after something much more important...but what?
 

Zotar

Eumorpha vitis
When the group dispersed, Wash saluted his master and then tore after his first task like a lion after a gazelle... that first task of course being breakfast.

A plan hatched while he heaped his plates with the wonders from Ma's kitchen, which he acquired with a carefully rehearsed sequence of 'please's' and 'thank-you's'. He probably wouldn't need to bring his seeds, or have Sam bless an ordinary patch of ground. All he needed to do was bag up some soil at the mystic woods and bring it back. He'd probably have to barter or pay for it if he got caught. If. Wash had only 12 coins, which resided in a small bag hidden under a floorboard in Sam's room. Wash needed to be thrifty. He'd stow an empty burlap sack in his backpack, which hid in a box next to Wash's burlap bed. Once he retrieved his gear and his coin, he'd join up with the group, get whatever provisions they needed, and maybe carry most of it. Yeah, that usually happened.

As Wash ravaged through his morning meal, which had a surplus of meat, he wondered if he should pack his Lion-hide for show. He had a decent act down for the ladies. Nah! Business before broads. What blessing could the enigmatic guardian of the mystic wood have for us? Wash daydreamed for a few minutes, and he paid little mind to the other people milling around him, except to dare people to step on his tail. What really intrigued him though what the feeling he got right about when Io had his nervous fit. His fur had prickled a little and he'd gotten goosebumps. Like picking up white noise from the universe.

Probably coincidence. But coincidence yielded to curiosity when Wash saw Io sit down at the breakfast table with a pretty ball, and stare into it. Wash hoarked downa few bites of his food, and then slunk down to the floor on all fours. He knew what he must do. He crept along on the opposite side of the table from Io until he was in position to ambush the pretty ball. He didn't intend to actually ambush it, just mess with Io a bit. So what Io saw over the top of his shiny ball was a pair of tufted ears rising up like clouds over the horizon, to be followed by a rapt feline face with eyes gazing with hunger into the ball from the opposite side. One cautious paw appeared on the table.

"Whaaaaat dooo you seeeeee?" He purred playfully.
 
Last edited:

Orikanyo

Don't take yourself too seriously.
Supporter
Sam stared up at Cain as he spoke his words... beautiful.. elven ladies...?

"Oh... Oh gosh..." he blushed lightly, wondering just what type of people these people in the wood were like... or if Mr.Cain was trying to pull the wool over his eyes again?

just like the time with the toothfairy being a monster who tries to pull out your teeth if you don't take care of them.

Or that there was no monster lurking in the closet because closet monsters are afraid of the ones underneath the bed.

...

........

Okay maybe he should take this guardian thing with a grain of salt...

The young half dwarven male straightened up his coat, the chink of chain underneath ringing pleasantly, his hand brushing the hammer and other checking if his shield is properly attached to his back. A good adventurer never leaves the house unprepared! "Okay Mr.Cain! But.. umm.. do we need to take something for the guardian? if shes giving us a presentIe blessing) we should give her something as well right?" being a good hearted boy, he kind of wanted to bring something that the possibly real or not guardian might like...

Maybe a pie...? Maybe Ma had something guardian's like to eat...

...Do guardians eat?

What kind of guardian is she...?

@still watching fma
 

The Villain King

Keeper of the Doot
@Zotar

Io was so busy contemplating and worrying about the Lord of Secrets, that he hadn't even noticed Washed In on the Tide creeping up slowly from the other side of the table. His heart jumped at the sight of Wash's paw creeping slowly across the tabletop.

He yanked his orb off the table and held it away from the curious tabaxi. "What I see is a troublemaker ogling my belongings with the eyes of a thief," he snapped, tucking the orb under one arm and reaching his free hand over to smack the tabaxi's paw away from him.

"This is a delicate magical artifact, I'd rather you not etch the glass with your eager claws."

Io, again, found himself struggling to change the subject. He went and procured a plate of breakfast in silence, while Ma watched with vigilant, yet gentle eyes. Occasionally she would strike up conversation, but it seemed she always regarded him a little more solemnly than the others. It was like she could sense the eldritch influence clutching his life force. He hazarded a weak smile in her direction and scurried back to the table.

"So what's the deal with the forest guardian? We just say hi and ask for her blessing? Why? And are we really hiking through the woods by ourselves?" Io asked between bites of pork.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top