• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Original Superheroes in an Original Setting?

Panzergeist

(insert wit here)
Not exactly sure where to put this, but it seems appropriate here.

I'm looking to join a superhero group RP that isn't based on a fandom like Marvel or DC, and isn't some kind of school or academy with a bunch of teenagers. Also, if we aren't all required to be heroes, that would be great!

Please, and thank you.
tank_PNG1321.png

Last edited:
Panz, I'm not currently running any RPs, but I have a setting that fits your description and I'll make a note to tag you in the future next time I run it. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you now, though.

What sort of flavor of the genre are you looking for?
I guess if we're talking ideally, I'd be looking for something a bit tongue-in-cheek. Kinda like the vintage comics with the "POW!" and "Ka-Rang!" hijinks. Capes and spandex and all that. But without being based on any actual comic fandoms. Modern, or even a retro-era would be great! And like I mentioned in the original post, I'm not interested in an academy setting or anything specifically revolving around teenagers.

I guess if we're talking ideally, I'd be looking for something a bit tongue-in-cheek. Kinda like the vintage comics with the "POW!" and "Ka-Rang!" hijinks. Capes and spandex and all that. But without being based on any actual comic fandoms.
If something like that were around, I'd be in it already in it for sure.
You might be better running this yourself, friend.

I'd be interested in joining an rp like this, but unfortunately, I'm not interested in running any rp at the moment

I'd be interested in joining an rp like this, but unfortunately, I'm not interested in running any rp at the moment
yeah, same here bro. Maybe I'll consider making one to run if I can't find what I'm looking for. But atm I'm hoping to find something I can just join.

Seems cool wanna join
I guess if we're talking ideally, I'd be looking for something a bit tongue-in-cheek. Kinda like the vintage comics with the "POW!" and "Ka-Rang!" hijinks. Capes and spandex and all that. But without being based on any actual comic fandoms. Modern, or even a retro-era would be great! And like I mentioned in the original post, I'm not interested in an academy setting or anything specifically revolving around teenagers.
If something like that were around, I'd be in it already in it for sure.
You might be better running this yourself, friend.
Ooh.

Sounds like my cup of tea. I’d be more than interested.
Well, since so many people are interested and seem to have a vision of what they want, I could try and run something. At the very least, we could all try and hammer something out.

EDIT: So, there's a few things that would need to be determined.

It seems people want something a bit campy and idealistic in terms of tone, which works just fine for me. Am I correct about that?

The next thing is scale. Do people want to all start out in a single city? I think that seems reasonable, it's how many old comic books behave. Scale also applies to how powerful the characters should be. I favor the idea of heroes and villains on a more restrained power level, not city destroyers or transcendent entities.

Last edited:
Oh boy, can't wait! I'm happy to contribute anything that I can. Disclaimer I am extremely new to the site.

We could make a discord server perhaps
Down for a Discord server
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'd wait until things are a little more solidified before that. For now, I'd rather any ideas, suggestions, or desires be posted here or sent to me via private message.

Panzergeist mentioned a modern or retro-era setting. I've got an idea for something set in the 1980s but I'd like to know if people would rather have a contemporary setting. The latter would certainly be easier, but the real question is what would be more interesting.

I'll look through some of my old ideas and see what suits this all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back