• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ordinary Yet Exceptional - OOC

Exanis

He Who Sees E's

2531c444ab4f9106452ff2bf9ac9a0b9.png

-This RP consists of, but is not limited to-
Comedy | Slice of Life | Light | Romance

-Hosted By-

OOC | Sign-Ups | IC

Last edited:

Welcome to the OOC everyone!

Rules before you go!

1. Respect fellow players, always! If you have an issue, contact one of the GM.

2. Romance is allowed, but we should all know the boundaries here. Don't go overboard!

3. If you need to take a break, inform us! With the 'Episode' system, you can sit out for a few rounds without really missing anything.

4. Your character might be amongst the elite, making the impossible possible. But don't go too crazy.

5. On the flip side of rule 4, don't be a butt and attempt to be uber realistic. The point of the RP is the hilarious contrast of unrealistic things within an otherwise realistic modern world. Don't expect it all to make sense.

6. Post Requirements - A paragraph, minimum. Given the genres, it's understandable if posts get a little small. But we ask that some effort is put in. Post frequency will be quite lenient, unless it must be stressed.

Notes on the World

World is 'realistic':
Exceptions are only allowed on a smaller scale and only if your character would be 'capable' of creating or doing something considered 'unrealistic'. (13 year old kid with ridiculous strength) But since the world is 'realistic' any allowed 'unrealistic' actions WILL have the normal everyday people boggling in shock and awe. Because that's how things work.

Inhabitants are 'Unrealistic':
Once again, you are considered to be one of the few special UNNATURALLY gifted people of the world, brought together in one place to not only cultivate your skills but make sure that you have an actual social life with people that are equally as gifted

Dorm-like setting:
You are of course allowed to go to the 'outside world' and travel and go to meetings and such, but in the end you always come back to the facility because, honestly, it's where you feel the most 'at home', what with being surrounded by other extremely gifted people. Yes, you can visit your parents anytime you like, and yes, they can visit you anytime they like. Just think of it like boarding school, except you get to do pretty much whatever!

Exempt from School:
Whether it's because you are of genius intellect, a popstar that travels the world, an athlete of near-godlike proportions or anything in between, you've been given a free pass from the prison of formal education due to your gifts

Oddballs and Shennanigans
(Over the top situations that should otherwise be normal included):
Did you happen to create a robot butler that takes everything a bit too literal? Somehow lost a friend's prized posession on the tour bus that has already left? Played ball with a delicate piece of machinary and caused a rift in time and space? Did someone by chance eat that pudding you were saving for later? Yes, we've all been there.

'Episodes' - plot will take place via miniature 'episodes'
(Time-skipping between each in order to provide random goals to accomplish, whilst allowing a 'sand-box' style to achieve that objective):
Did someone say 'festivals'? I mean, sure, you're all rich and pretty famous, but that doesn't stop you from having to create the better festival stand to show up those snooty kno- oh wait... That's you guys! Still! The world goes on and you have things to do! Like go to the beach! Or find the lost city of atlantis! Or, you know, make dinner without setting the whole place on fire... The world is your oyster damn it! The last piece of pizza? Welcome to the pizza wars!

Light-Hearted Comedy Experience:
'What was the fourth wall again?' 'You mean that thing that we shouldn't break?" "But... Exanis likes to break the fourth wall with snake things and such!" "Uh..." "Don't let anyone know this, but I already know who I'm inevitably going to start dating!" "What!?" Of course not everything is going to be in line of completely shattering the fourth wall with no regards for anyones safety, but it will be light and fun!

'Slice of life':
You have likes and dislikes, joys and fears, dreams and worries, puppy love and true infatuation, and it should show in a fairly realistic way! You're supposed to develop yourself as a person and make friends, and maybe even some enemies or rivalries, while doing so! Because remember, these are the years of youth!

You are special, but not perfect:
It's exactly as it's said! You are amazing at something, whether it be intellect, singing, dancing, cooking, building, athletics, or anything else! But just because you have god-like skills in one thing, doesn't mean you have god-like skills with everything! Sure, some skills are connected, but I can't see the guy who works in front of a computer 20 hours a day to be able to easily sprint a marathon! It just doesn't happen! And just because you are special, doesn't mean you don't have your own character flaws and fears! You are a gifted person, but you are still just that, a person!​

Last edited:
Nice listings, nice listings. I'm enjoying what's popping up so far!

Here a little later I'll add a few bond points.

Last edited:
Exanis Exanis I have a few ideas for interactions between Izayah and Nova. First, I think that perhaps Izayah could have helped Nova with her mechanical upgrades, specifically her legs. Second, I think perhaps they'd but heads a bit in contests of smarts?

I was also considering giving Nova a computer embedded in her brain but figured that'd be too far.

@Novian I'm sure Izayah would have been happy to help her develop the cybernetic legs just to prove that he could.

@Novian I'm sure Izayah would have been happy to help her develop the cybernetic legs just to prove that he could.

Neat! They might get along more swimmingly than I thought.

I was originally thinking of making a character who's around 12, but is there an age range that you'd prefer for this rp, and does "12" fall short of that?

I was originally thinking of making a character who's around 12, but is there an age range that you'd prefer for this rp, and does "12" fall short of that?
I don't necessarily mind. It's just a pack of random geniuses, pretty sure we used a 13 year old as a reference up there as well. So long as it's done in light hearted fun, gun for it.

I don't necessarily mind. It's just a pack of random geniuses, pretty sure we used a 13 year old as a reference up there as well. So long as it's done in light hearted fun, gun for it.
Okie dokie smokey! One bratty genius engineer whose only real friend is her AI coming soon!

Okie dokie smokey! One bratty genius engineer whose only real friend is her AI coming soon!
A miniature Ryuunoske! (Though he was a programmer if I recall correctly)
*sneaks off somewhere*

Last edited:
Isn't that basically a Loki version of Noivian Noivian 's character?
Just about, it'll depend on which way the character swings. I'll trust that Nano Nano read sheets and will keep things unique, I can think of numerous ways to keep the two separate. Besides, you yourself have a 'version of Noivian Noivian 's character' as a side character. That genius sister of yours sending random gadgets.

Just about, it'll depend on which way the character swings. I'll trust that Nano Nano read sheets and will keep things unique, I can think of numerous ways to keep the two separate. Besides, you yourself have a 'version of Noivian Noivian 's character' as a side character. That genius sister of yours sending random gadgets.
True. Though to be fair, I did post that as even a possibility for my character as a sip last night AND has talked about it in the search thread, this way before Noivian made her's (and mine didn't build a robot AI accompanying her). In any case, I wasn't complaining just trying to let Nano Nano know, since it can be kind of annoying or disappointing sometimes to make a character and after that read the current CSs and find out there already was someone doing the exact same thing.

True. Though to be fair, I did post that as even a possibility for my character as a sip last night AND has talked about it in the search thread, this way before Noivian made her's (and mine didn't build a robot AI accompanying her). In any case, I wasn't complaining just trying to let Nano Nano know, since it can be kind of annoying or disappointing sometimes to make a character and after that read the current CSs and find out there already was someone doing the exact same thing.
We'll simply wait for the sheet to come up, and determine from there. I'm not going to dismiss an idea before seeing it. We also potentially have two musical prodigies, that is, if @AKKaleb is still interested in joining us.

We'll simply wait for the sheet to come up, and determine from there. I'm not going to dismiss an idea before seeing it. We also potentially have two musical prodigies, that is, if @AKKaleb is still interested in joining us.
When did I ever say you'd dismiss the idea?

Anyways~
- Everyone -
With the amount of people currently submitting sheets, we'll be working on the basic idea behind the first episode. Currently we have a general idea of the direction to go, however I wanted to raise a question for those in the OOC. Would you all prefer the first episode to be a little more open range, to let your characters intermingle for a set time. Or would you prefer jumping straight into shenanigans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back