• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[OPEN] The Dragon of Icespire Peak: SIGN-UPS

OOC
Here
Other
Here

Ellya

oi mate

THE DRAGON OF ICESPIRE PEAK
A (heavily adapted) D&D adventure

9g73AxW.png

Click here to jump to TLDR and signup instructions
ADVENTURE DESCRIPTION
Driven from lands farther north by more powerful dragons, a young white dragon named Cryovain has descended upon the Sword Mountains, claiming the snow-capped range as its domain. Typical of its kind, Cryovain is dim-witted and cruel. The dragon patrols the skies around Icespire Peak, surveying its territory while hunting for food and easy treasure. With each passing day, the dragon's domain grows as it ranges farther across the land, preying on anything it can catch with its claws or freeze to death with its icy breath. Sightings of the dragon are becoming more common, as are its attacks.

A crumbling fortress on the northeasy spur of Icespire Peak serves as the dragon's lair. Cryovain seized the icy fortress from a tribe of savage orcs, killign the orc war chief and forcing the tribe's survivors to flee into the foothills and forests. Enraged by the death of their war chief, the orcs have called upon ancient allies, evil, shapechanging, half-orc spellcasters who bless and advise them. These half-orcs worship Talos, an evil god of storms, and many dwell in the dark depths of Neverwinter wood. In stormy weather, they gather on remote hilltops to summon Gorthok the Thunder Boar, a primal entity that serves Talos. Like the god it serves, Gorthok delights in destruction.

The orcs aren't the only creatures thrown into upheaval by Cryovain's sudden arrival. A manticore driven from its mountaintop nest by the roaming white dragon has migrated to the foothills and begun terrorizing folk living on the outskirts of the mining town Phandalin. Other monsters in the region have been similarly displaced.

RULESET
Although this is technically a Dungeons & Dragons Fifth edition adventure, the rules will be bent significantly. Dice rolling, stats and skills will play much less of a role than character interaction and story. Because of the following adapted rules, you do not need to be familiar with D&D to play in this adventure.

These are the specific adaptions I will be making to the 5e ruleset (you do not need to read these if you don't know the rules anyway):
  • Combat will be free flowing. This means you do not need to roll for every single attack or every bit of damage. I will keep you updated on the general (visual) health of any creatures you may fight, and I will let you know whether or not your attacks hit when I post.
  • You decide when you roll. Mostly. I may ask for general rolls for perception or investigation or similar on larger updates, but anywhere else, you decide if you want to roll for something or not. Wanna try to find something cool in a pile of bones? Roll for me. Wanna try to shoot two arrows at the same time? Roll for me. Wanna do a backflip and land on top of a phoenix in mid-air? Roll for me (but it will probably fail).
These are the things we will be doing according to the D&D 5e rules:
  • Stats: you will have general stat scores (see below) in order to give you some advantage on certain rolls. As described above though, rolling will be much less common than in an actual D&D game.
  • HP: we will in fact be tracking HP. Your HP will always equal your hit dice multiplied by your level. Monsters will have no (visible) HP but I will describe their general state, and I will also tell you which amounts of damage you will be taking.
  • Rolling (partially)
  • General fantasy setting
Always have your stats somehow visible when you post. Either paste them at the top of each post, or paste a link to your character sheet, make a tab to put them in, I don't mind as long as I can see them. This is mostly for me to see how good you would be at something and to track your HP to prevent any god-mode shenanigans.

HOW TO ROLL
There will be points where I ask every character to roll something by writing something along the lines of "everyone roll a Wisdom (Perception) check". With how the website currently works, you can only do this after you've already posted.
  1. Write your post
  2. Post
  3. Edit your post and click "Throw dice" next to the "Preview" button
  4. Name your roll appropriately and add the relevant modifier (e.g. "Wisdom (Perception) check +4")
  5. Put in "20" as the amount of sides
  6. Roll the die
After most of - or all of - the rolls have happened, I will post the DC (the amount you need to have reached for your action to succeed) as well as the results of your actions.

YOUR CHARACTER
I will be allowing OC characters as well as existing Fandom characters. Do mind that your character will have close to no powers or weapons at all. I will allow essentially everything a level 1 D&D character can do (basic weapons, low level spells and cantrips). Please adapt your Fandom characters if they have such powers, I trust that everyone will know what is too powerful. If you have any doubts, please feel free to message me!
kYPVevl.png

Stats
You will have six main stats:
  • Strength: raw physical strength and power
  • Dexterity: how nimble and quick your character is
  • Constitution: hardyness, how many hits you can take
  • Wisdom: knowledge from experience
  • Intelligence: knowledge from studies
  • Charisma: :blowkiss: or :/:
In your sign-up post, you may assign these six scores to these stats: 19, 17, 14, 11, 10 and 8 I would like to think that it speaks for itself that your character will be very good at the stat you assign 20 to, and quite bad at what you assign 8 to. We will not be using these actual stats, but the modifiers that are derived from them (see table to the right).

Everybody will start off with an HP of 50.
Keep note of your stats (and maybe modifiers if you're new to d&d) in each post!

Additionally, you may add the following perks to your character:
Ability Score Increase:
You may increase one stat score by +2 or two scores by +1 (up to a maximum of 20).
Advantage:
You may pick one stat that you will get to roll with advantage. This means you will get to roll two dice per roll, and pick the higher of the two numbers.

PRACTICAL INFO
This will be my first time ever running any kind of roleplay. I want to keep everyone entertained and happy, and for the reason of managing your expectations, I do want to inform everyone of the following:
  • Some rules will be made up as we go along. This will always be with your enjoyment in mind.
  • Post frequency may be inconsistent. I live in the EU timezone and while I will try to at least make a few posts per day, some days may be more active or completely inactive. I will inform everyone when the inactivity may last for a longer time.
  • OOC will happen in a separate thread here on RPN but I will not be actively following that thread. You can always ping me or dm me with any questions or other things you wish to talk about.

GETTING STARTED
Please post your "Character Sheet" using the requested info below:

NAME

VISUAL REFERENCE / DESCRIPTION

(CANON)

WEAPONS / ABILITIES

D&D ALIGNMENT
(?)

(PERSONALITY / BIOGRAPHY)

STATS

PERK CHOICES

Ability increase: STR / DEX / CON / WIS / INT / CHA
Advantage: STR / DEX / CON / WIS / INT / CHA

TLDR Use any character you want with 19, 17, 14, 11, 10 and 8 assigned to your stats (and +2 to one or +1 to two, plus advantage on one score).
Your character has very limited powers.
Always post your stats and HP (50 max) with each post.
Combat will require no rolls, only descriptions of what you try.
You decide when you want to roll for something.
Rules may be changed halfway through. Deal with it bro, I'm the DM.

Last edited:
NAME
Zulgur Storm-Herald

F8DF2A10-8B8E-41B8-A659-3E828B3C888D.jpeg

As with most Goliaths, Zulgur’s stone giant heritage is immediately apparent to any who see him. Towering at 7’9” and weighing almost 500 pounds, he is an absolute mountain of a man. He only doffs his heavy armor to sleep and is very rarely seen without his Warhammer and shield. Around his neck and presented on his shield is the holy symbol of Talos, the Storm Lord.

Forgotten Realms OC)

WEAPONS / ABILITIES

-Cleric of the Tempest: As a Cleric of Talos, Zulgur is capable of basic divine magic with expanded influence into spells that control thunder and lightning.

-Wrath of the Storm: When in danger, Zulgur can call on Talos’s might to strike his foes with thunder or lightning.

-Martial Trainjng/Equipment: Zulgur’s massive size isn’t for show. Wearing half plate armor that would be impossibly heavy for a human and wielding a Warhammer alongside a shield, Zulgur is a disciplined and terrifying combatant to any normal foe.

-Goliath Heritage: Zulgur is resistant to the cold, well acclimated to altitudes of up to 20,000 feet, naturally athletic, and capable of carrying far more than a smaller person.

-Stone's Endurance: As all Goliaths can, Zulgur is hardy as the stone of the mountain. Occasionally, this can even negate mortal wounds as his flesh almost seems to harden in response to harm.

D&D ALIGNMENT

Chaotic Neutral

Zulgur was not born with his name. Born into the Wyrmdoom clan of Goliaths in the frigid north around Icewind Dale, he had the markings of a great Goliath warrior. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be that he would serve his clan. He was stolen from infancy to be a part of the ‘clergy’ of Talos during a raid. As such, he has no memory of where he comes from. Talos's church is fairly small for a greater deity, lacking any true hierarchy, with the highly evangelical priests more or less organized by whoever is the strongest. Zulgur was raised along with a batch of other stolen children within the church, but was the only one that survived to adulthood.

Gifted by the Destroyer for his might, Zulgur never became the fanatic his teachers hoped for. No amount of torment drew him further into the church, as he nursed his hatred for his growing masters. In a strange way, Talos’s gifts gave him comfort: perhaps the Storm Lord would side with him after all. On his 24th birthday, he turned his hammer against his tormentors, channeling Talos’s fury into every blow. After murdering them, he swore to never let anyone control him again; not even Talos. Why the Storm Lord hasn’t revoked his powers is beyond Zulgur. Maybe all that matters to the chaotic Destroyer is that his followers bring death and destruction whereever they go, which, unfortunately for Zulgur, he often does.

A few months after his escape, Zulgur met up with a runaway albino Tiefling slave named Hope. Both runways evading recapture by those who shackled them, he saw something of a kindred spirit in the Tiefling. The two have traveled together since. He trusts Hope as much as he has ever trusted anyone, and holds a mutual respect for the man, but it’s difficult to say he likes him. Zulgur was raised almost completely isolated from the outside world. As such, he has very little understanding of the world around him, relying on Hope to guide him through it. Every new person is a potential enemy, and the comparatively nice food and drink these outlanders consume is strange at best to Zulgur. While not socially challenged in truth, Zulgur dislikes meeting new people and not-so-secretly feels superior to most, as he was raised to believe might makes right. When uninterested in a meeting, he will pretend to not understand common.

STATS

STR: 20
DEX: 8
CON: 16
INT: 10
WIS: 16
CHA: 12

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase: STR / CON
Advantage: STR​

Last edited:
NAME

Hope Lupingus.

dcwii2p-1e6035f6-f150-418f-abbf-184937ceb99a.png

WEAPONS / ABILITIES

Equipment/Martial Training: As a Rogue, Hope wields a shortsword and a short bow alongside him. He excels greatly in using them, followed by hand to hand combat due to his time as a slave, making him be able to take various hits before fully going down- the scars in his body being proof of that.

Thieves Tools/Rogue's Sneak: Hope has access to tools and items to his disposition that allows him to use tools that aid him when trying to hide in the shadows. During his life, Hope had many moments where he tried to escape from his captors, his skills in hiding, lying, intimidating, and others developing through his entire life in very real danger.

Tiefling Heritage: Despite being an albino, Hope still possesses abilities any Tiefling would. Nightvision, resistance to fire- and a terrifying, demonlike appearance.

D&D ALIGNMENT

Chaotic Neutral.

Hope was stolen from his childhood at a young age. Living a happy life with his parents as a child, the young Tiefling named after the emotion due to his condition never thought his life would take a dark turn for the worse in his eleventh birthday. When he and his parents were traveling around the long road after visiting the town that their home was a neighbor to, they were ambushed by a group known as the 'Eleven Hour', a group of slavers who took unique species and sold them- be they sentient, or not.

Taken from his parents, for long years, Hope traveled the world under the group's caravan, abused and treated poorly, be by the other slaves, or the slavers, either out of fear of his heritage or for the sake of trying to break him so he could be obedient to his new masters once he was sold- it never worked. Always trying to fight back, always making a fuss so he was never sold, Hope kept on growing and learning over time with his escapes, his beatings, his abuse- his humanity and hope slowly dying over time.

When he was seventeen, however, Hope finally experienced the kindness of other people.

A group of adventurers, those whose faces and names he couldn't remember, attacked the caravan to free the slaves. Many of his abusers died- either by his own hand in the heat of the moment or the adventurers- and as such, Hope, finally losing the fear of killing someone else, ran as fast as he could to relative freedom in a world where he was penniless, allyless, and completely and utterly lost. For the next few years, he took on small jobs to earn some coin and gain relatively decent gear for his journeys, eventually meeting with a Goliath named Fulgur, one who healed and saved him many times over due to his appearance and powers.

Hope acts as a guide to Fulgur and holds professional respect to the Goliath, hoping that one day both of them can gather more allies and maybe be able to take down the Eleven Hour for good, and find his parents.

STATS

STR: 12
DEX: 18
CON: 15
INT: 12
WIS: 8
CHA: 17

PERK CHOICES

Ability increase: DEX / CHR
Advantage: DEX​

NAME - Heron 14

AGE - 2.5 Years Since Creation

Heron 14 screenshot.png
Heron with his usual gear
Heron 14 screenshot (1).png
Heron with his Decimator Cannon
(CANON)
- D&D 5e

WEAPONS / ABILITIES
Artificer
Firearms Proficiency
Simple Weapons Proficiency
Light Armour Proficiency
Medium Armour Proficiency
Shields Proficiency

1 x Hand Axe
1 x Starwheel Pistol (Works In Rain)
60 x Bullets
3 x Powder Horns
1 x Shield
2 x Throwing Axe
1 x Tinker's tools
1 x Alchemist's Tools
10 x Rations
50ft of Hempen Rope
1 x Portable Cannon
12 Six-Pound Cannonballs

Being a bulky warforged, Heron has no difficulties hauling around a large weapon like the cannon he's seen with, though it's broken, and he says he can't fix it yet, as he's not yet reached that stage in his training. Wherever he came from, the construct lives for only one thing, improving his combat capabilities to their highest possible echelon.

D&D ALIGNMENT - Lawful Neutral

(PERSONALITY / BIOGRAPHY) -

Created by a powerful sorcerer as part of a batch of 20 Warforged soldiers, Heron 14 was designed with a single purpose in mind. Heavy weapon support. The huge cannon he carries is a clear indication of exactly what he was designed to do on the battlefield. Whether it be laying siege to a fortress or blowing a dragon out of the sky, Heron's cannon is his purpose.

Heron used to travel with two other Warforged soldiers, created alongside himself. Kingfisher 18 was the scout of the group, possessing keen eyes and a light step. Toucan 9 was the group's medic, she was intelligent and gentle. Sadly, both disappeared during a skirmish against a large group of gnolls, and haven't been seen since. While Heron hasn't confirmed their deaths, he knows they most likely didn't survive. His weaponry and armour gave him the edge he needed to slay his foes, but his allies were far less heavily armed and armoured.

His cannon having been broken during the fight, and his allies nowhere to be found, Heron took up wandering. Unsure where to go to train himself further, he took up protecting caravans, riding up and down the roads, and keeping a watchful eye for his missing friends, though he knew they would likely never resurface. While it didn't pay the best, Heron enjoyed the ever-changing scenery and the opportunities to sharpen his skill as a gun for hire. He's still saving to get his cannon fixed, but for now, his sidearm and axe serve his needs against highwaymen and the occasional band of kobolds.

STATS -
STR: 14 DEX: 20 CON: 18 INT: 11 WIS: 10 CHA: 8

PERK CHOICES -
Ability increase: DEX / CON
Advantage: DEX​

Last edited:

NAME:

Timmothy Wahnabe Jr.

23 years old

VISUAL REFERENCE / DESCRIPTION:6119E35A-6F71-4A32-8320-11826E12165F.jpeg

WEAPONS / Abilities:

Antique Crossbow / Archery training:

Being trained by his much older brother in the ways of shooting a storm of arrows towards anyone his path and how to be accurate, he is efficient in using ranged weaponry in combat. Having a quiver holding up to 25 metal arrows within, it’s used often with an engraved crossbow passed down from generation to generation within his family.

Alchemist’s supplies / Alchemist equipment:

The very thing that brings him joy in his travels, is a portable Alchemist set that he can use to create items using chemicals and materials to create helpful potions or globes filled with dangerous but effective liquid and gas... the most favorite things for him to create are healing potions and Alchemist’s fire, but often takes a while before he has a workable batch ready for use.

Medical Experience:

Often being the one taking care of his younger siblings or even his parents and older siblings, he has experience on wounds, ranging from a small bleeding cut to a big gash, he knows some effective treatments for those kinds of wounds. Often carries around some bandages as well in case there are no potions for a bleeding wound, and can tell the difference between common disease and conditions, but not a complete expert in this field.

Ratfolk bloodline:

Being part of the Ratfolk species, he has a couple of traits passed onto him, such as the natural ability to see in dark areas, able to fit in holes much smaller than himself, and very good at running away or at danger, most notably the former... but unlike most Ratfolk, Tim isn’t the best one sneaking around, especially with the different chemicals and glass objects he carries around with him.

D&D ALIGNMENT:

Neutral Good

Timmothy was born into a ever-growing family of Ratfolk, being a middle child of a family, with its members having a wide variety of skill and experience in different fields or jobs. But he often looked up to his father, a Alchemist that mixed chemicals with varying reactions happening, ranging from a simple red liquid that could heal the wounds of a mortal man, or a powerful explosive powder than when lit, capable of making a large explosion, often used in flintlock and cannon weaponry. This of course, caught the attention of the young rat, who was trained at an early age of 13 to begin his work.

Throughout his childhood, he not only learned in the ways of the alchemists, but also helped pulled his weight within his family like the others to help support everyone, working with his Father to create wondrous chemicals to sell within his father’s small shop, but he knew that this wasn’t the life for him, he had the natural curiosity most rats had, and wanted to explore the world, but not just for exploration, but gathering many materials to the places he would go in order to create chemicals never seen before and have the limitless possibilities in its uses that would benefit the entire world.

Of course, this wish was too far-fetched, but no amounts of talking or actions would dissuade him from his goal, but eventually, his parents allowed Tim to go on with his travels, but only with the right experience to prepare himself for his journey. The one to prepare him, was his eldest sibling, a Hunter of the town his family lived in, and a good shot with bows and other ranged weaponry. From there, at the age of 17, he first began his combat training, facing the same hardships his brother went through, challenging conditions, with limited supplies, and left alone in forests, supervised to make sure no true harm has come to the rat.

Many times Tim felt like giving up his goal, others, his own body, he it physical or mentally, wouldn’t work correctly, leading him to being rescued by his brother, but eventually, studying from his mistakes and taking notes of the wildlife and taking care of wounds using medical experience, he eventually prevailed and completed his training at the age of 23, now ready and prepared for the journey into the outside world. It was during this time, he was passed down an antique crossbow, one that has been passed down from individuals in each generation, each user showing the signs of an un-breaking will, with the tool bringing luck of a four-leaves clover as well.... now in the hands of someone like him. Now, prepared to continue on with his dream, Tim now tries to do the best that he can, do things that his Father or Older Brother would do in those situations, trying to help those he finds along the way in his journey, but nothing would stray him away from his true purpose out in the world.

His training has affected Timmothy greatly, gone was the energetic and innocent rat, but was replaced by a calculating and serious individual hellbent on completing his purpose and in turn, helping his family as well with any profits he can make when creating new chemicals. But this rat hasn’t forgotten about his caring nature for others, especially those who cannot fend for themselves, helping them with his knowledge in medical skills and often donations of food or silver to help them in their situations. He would even go on quests if multiple innocents were at danger of death or fate worse than death.... but he may seem like a simple mute at times, b it that is often due to him now not knowing how to truly expressive himself other than showing of his art and skills.... and may shy away from others during times, but he still cares for those he travels with greatly, and would risk his all of his work to save those he befriends... because work is nothing when compared to an actual sentient being that can understand about your troubles and experience out here in the real world.

STATS

STR:

DEX:

CON:

WIS:

INT:

CHA:

PERK CHOICES

Ability increase:

+1 DEX
+1 INT

Advantage:

Advantage on WIS checks​

NAME
Viscount Jean-Paul Pierre of Stellata

unknown.png

Jean-Paul Pierre is a man of average height and average build, standing at 5'10" and weighing at 172 lbs. His hair is rich, dark hickory and he sports no facial hair except for a small mustache. Notably, he has several scars across his face from an act of vengeance. He often wears clean, crisp dark-colored clothing with a red cloak and minimal jewelry to maintain his dignity as a noble but not appear overly flamboyant.

WEAPONS / ABILITIES
Experienced Swordsman
: Paul Pierre is a gentleman trained in the art of the sword since he was a child as a part of his education as a noble. However, as he began to desire adventure, he began to take lessons from the best swordsmen in Stellata, learning how to handle himself in combat.

Cane Sword: To go along with his minimal skill with the sword, Pierre carries a cane sword for self-defense. It is a gentleman's weapon that is not suited for intense combat, only to deter the occasional vermin. In a pinch, the weighted crook of the cane can be used as a bludgeon. The designs of the cane and sword are simple and minimalistic, having been purchased for utility rather than aesthetics.
robert-demartino-screenshot008.jpg

Scholar: Jean-Paul Pierre's profession and passion are being a scholar, which means that he holds a vast wealth of knowledge within his mind. The focuses of his study are history and archaeology, but there are bits and pieces of knowledge from countless other fields that he has acquired from conversations with fellow scholars. Also, as a scholar, he is well versed in understanding lengthy texts and writing lengthy essays in a short amount of time.

Charming Wit: While not quite with the blade, Paul Pierre is quick with his tongue, always having a witty reply or insult at the ready. This wit has allowed him to talk his way out a great number of situations, particularly when it involves the dim-witted and the gullible.

Argent Cavalier: Jean-Paul Pierre's most outstanding and only magical ability is the Argent Cavalier, a summonable guardian spirit that has been passed down his family for generations. It takes the form of a knight in ornate silver armor, wielding an equally ornate claymore. Despite the apparent bulk armor and weapon, it is capable of feats of incredible agility and precision. Cavalier's skill with the sword is based off on Pierre's own skill with the sword, though multiplied several times over. Though the Cavalier is very powerful, it has limited agency and often has to be commanded by Pierre directly to have any effectiveness in or out of combat. In addition, it is not particularly durable, sacrificing defense for all of its speed. When it is destroyed, it cannot be summoned for an hour while it recovers.
(TLDR: Reflavored Echo Knight)
yutthaphong-kaewsuk-calpe.jpg

D&D ALIGNMENT
Lawful Neutral

PERSONALITY / BIOGRAPHY
Viscount Jean-Paul Pierre of Stellata was born in the county of Stellata, as the youngest of three to the Honorable Count Antonin Pierre III and Lady Madeline Pierre. While his elder brother was groomed to be a suitable heir and his elder sister prepared to be married off, Jean-Paul immersed himself in his studies. Since a child, he read every book he could get his hands on, whether it be novels, dissertations, religious texts, or official documents, he read them all out of curiosity. With his love for reading and knowledge, it was no surprise that he chose the path of a scholar.

As a young man, Jean-Paul stood out among his fellow students as a man with both outstanding intellect and a clever tongue. He often engaged in friendly debates with his peers and was known for his ability to pick fights and then talk his way out of them. For a while, he greatly enjoyed the thrill of rhetorical debate, but his fortune ran out when he picked a fight with the wrong crowd. Jean-Paul accidentally insulted several unsavory men and was ambushed on his way home. He was unable to defend himself against all the crooks that assaulted, but when he was pushed to the brink of death, his family's guardian awakened.

The Argent Cavalier defended Jean-Paul, and in the scholar's rage, the guardian spirit slew all his assailants. The legal consequence of murdering several was easily pardoned by his father, but few people saw him the same afterward. The scars on his face were only a physical reminder of his destroyed social image. His former friends and acquaintances look at Jean-Paul like some kind of criminal, so he retreated to his studies. However, a man cannot lock himself in a room with books forever. After two years of self-imposed isolation, he began to long for adventure.

Jean-Paul Pierre set his mind on grand adventures and prepared for such, taking lessons in swordsmanship in preparation for the dangers that lie ahead. His first venture was with an archaeology expedition into the desert that solidified his love for the unknown. Though the findings were lackluster, the danger, excitement, and freedom were well received after his isolation.

The Jean-Paul Pierre that exists now is once again as confident as he was when he was younger, but with some of his impulsivity tamed. He takes pride in his honor as a gentleman, putting great emphasis on treating everyone with respect. This pride as a gentleman, however, doesn't stop him from being a wise-cracker or starting arguments for the sake of entertainment.

STATS
(Parentheses for Argent Cavalier's Stats)
STR: 8 (8)
DEX: 10 (20)
CON: 10 (10)
INT: 16 (8)
WIS: 16 (8)
CHA: 12 (8)

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase: DEX/WIS
Advantage: CHA​

Last edited:
NAME: May'falla

Mayfalla screenshot.png
Your typical copper-skin-toned, black-haired, green-eyed Wood Elf, May'falla's bright eyes shine with intelligence. The shortsword at her hip may give the first impression that she has a martial or roguish bend, but the spell component pouch on her other hip speaks otherwise.
View attachment 788742

CANON
PHB, Swordcoast Adventurer's Guide, Xanathar's Guide to Everything

WEAPONS / ABILITIES
Deep in the northern reaches of the High Forest May'falla's adolescence was split between her study of nature and her study of the Bladeslinger Puma Style. She has the very basic skills in both and is looking for opportunities to further hone them.

As a Wood Elf she learned the basics of using a longsword, shortsword, longbow and shortbow. Since she showed aptitude in both the finesse of using a shortsword and the mental acuity of learning spellcasting the Bladesinger Masters took over her training.
As part of the arcane training she learned the cantrips Booming blade, Prestidigitation, and Fire Bolt. Her spellbook contains absorb elements (XGtE), find familiar, longstrider, mage armor, magic missile, and shield.

D&D ALIGNMENT (?)
Neutral Good

PERSONALITY / BIOGRAPHY
Growing up the child of a Druid May'falla's young life was spent studying the wild creatures of Faerun. She still has a native curiosity about new creatures. When her natural abilities showed her suitable for a life as a Bladesinger, she regretfully left her nature studies behind, understanding that the Good of the Clan and its protection came before her own wants and needs.
As part of her training she's been sent out into the world to improve her skills through adventure. As the Bladesinger Masters know, there's no better experience than trying your blade in the outside world. She's also embraced the opportunity to add new sketches of creatures outside the High Forest to her notebooks.

STATS
STR: 9
DEX: 16
INT: 20
WIS: 12
CHA: 10

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase: STR / CHA
Advantage: INT

Last edited:
Posted for approval @eliya

NAME: May'falla

Your typical copper-skin-toned, black-haired, green-eyed Wood Elf, May'falla's bright eyes shine with intelligence. The longsword at her hip may give the first impression that she has a martial bend, but the spell component pouch on her other hip speaks otherwise.
View attachment 788742

CANON
PHB, Swordcoast Adventurer's Guide, Xanathar's Guide to Everything

WEAPONS / ABILITIES
Deep in the northern reaches of the High Forest May'falla's adolescence was split between her study of nature and her study of the Bladeslinger Puma Style. She has the very basic skills in both and is looking for opportunities to further hone them.

As a Wood Elf she learned the basics of using a longsword, shortsword, longbow and shortbow. Since she showed aptitude in both the finesse of using a shortsword and the mental acuity of learning spellcasting the Bladesinger Masters took over her training.
As part of the arcane training she learned the cantrips Booming blade, Prestidigitation, and Fire Bolt. Her spellbook contains absorb elements (XGtE), expeditious retreat, find familiar, longstrider, mage armor, and shield.

D&D ALIGNMENT (?)
Neutral Good

PERSONALITY / BIOGRAPHY
Growing up the child of a Druid May'falla's young life was spent studying the wild creatures of Faerun. She still has a native curiosity about new creatures. When her natural abilities showed her suitable for a life as a Bladesinger, she regretfully left her nature studies behind, understanding that the Good of the Clan and its protection came before her own wants and needs.
As part of her training she's been sent out into the world to improve her skills through adventure. As the Bladesinger Masters know, there's no better experience than trying your blade in the outside world. She's also embraced the opportunity to add new sketches of creatures outside the High Forest to her notebooks.

STATS
STR: 9
DEX: 16
INT: 20
WIS: 12
CHA: 10

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase: STR / CHA
Advantage: INT

Hell yeah, get postin' ;)

NAME
Irene Hikolionem Von Lumiere
68f33a6f4dbc44e4781eed6c5b53733f9af7f0d1_00.jpg
At first glance, she may look like any ordinary young girl, but in truth, she is an Aasimar! Petite and dainty, she's at a height of 5'5" and weighs at 103Ib. Her hair is rosy salmon pink in colour, normally worn in a pair of ponytails on each side. Often, She wears a light-weight pink costume adorn in lace, synthetic feathers and blue jewels, and is seen almost always keeping her "wand" on her.
( D&D 5e Homebrew )

WEAPONS / ABILITIES

Aasimar Heritage:

Irene as an Aasimar is resistant to Radiant and Necrotic Damage and has Darkvision of 60ft.

Healing Hands:

Irene can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hits points equal to that of her level. Once she uses this trait, she can't use it again until she finishes a long rest. TLDR; Healer but not as effective.

Light Bearer:

Irene knows the Light cantrip at first level. Charisma is her spellcasting ability for it. You can see in the dark like me.

Radiant Soul:

Starting at 3rd level, Irene can unleash the divine energy within herself, causing a searing light to radiate from her, pour out of her eyes and mouth, and threatening to char foes.

Her transformation lasts for 1 minute or until she ends it as a bonus action. During it, She can shed bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet, and at the end of each of her turns, she and each creature within 10 feet of her take radiant damage equal to half her level (rounded up). In addition, once on each of her turns, she can deal extra radiant damage to one target when she deals damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals her level.

Once she uses this trait, she can't use it again until she finishes a long rest.

Bardic Inspiration:

Through the power of song, Irene can sing to one creature (exempt for herself) within a 60 ft of her, who can hear her. That creature will gain a bardic Inspiration die, a d6. Within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw that it makes. The creature can decide to use it before, or after it rolls the d20, but this must happen before the DM decides whether the roll fails or not. Once rolled it goes poof, and creatures can only have one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.

She can use this feature a number of times equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum of once) and regains any expended uses when she finishes a long rest.

Kleio Sceptre (aka Autotuner)

A magical jewelled sceptre made from an expensive material. The wand itself isn't that expensive, but the jewel it bears is. A special magical crystal, which amplifies the user's voice and makes it echo. This special sceptre was passed down from generations of an ancient race which used the sceptre to resonate with the souls of the dead or ancestors. Irene uses it to autotune her voice.

Irene can cast "Charm Person/Monster" to any creature in a 10ft radius, She can us this feature a number of times equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum of once) and regains any expended uses when she finishes a long rest. (Note: Bardic Inspiration will exhaust a use for this feature. Aswell Vice-versa.)

Spotlights

Irene is followed by two, floating spotlights. These magical spotlights don't do much. They allow Irene to throw an extra dice to add to the value of Charisma (Performance) checks, while overwriting proficiency bonuses. They do exactly what they say they do in her Biography. They just enhance her Performance. nothing else. Just performance.

D&D ALIGNMENT
Chaotic Good

PERSONALITY

Irene is a bit clumsy when it comes to things which aren't dancing, and even though she's quite old, she hasn't had the time to mature mentally. She's childish and emotionally prone, easy to tear up over the littlest things. She's a giant cry baby, and sometimes won't be able to tell the difference from actual insults to criticism. Though her bad traits make close friends lose any respect for her, She still prides herself in the small number of good things about her. She'll never really hold grudges and is always ready to apologise once she made someone angry. Though her naivete gets the better of her at times, she would still protect those who did bad things to her. Oh, and did I mention shes stupid? like, really stupid.

BIOGRAPHY
(Skip to TLDR)

Born in a place known as Luxthreah, Irene, as an Aasimar, was blessed with a celestial heritage. Her parents and everyone around her had a lot of expectations for her. Wishing for her to become a priestess while studying her divinations and the religion and lore of the country. Irene, however, was being slowly crushed under these expectations. With each passing day, doing exactly what she had been told to do, and never choosing for herself. Until one day, a Musician with magical talent performed in the centre of the town hall. The whole town gathered to listen, so Irene went to listen as well to soothe her curiosity. The music was brilliant and it almost shined, this beautiful music inspired Irene and due to this, she realized her dreams.

In secret, when she was taking breaks, she would sing and dance in the forest where nobody could hear her. She wanted to reach out to people, spread joy and inspire others' dreams with her songs. She would secretly study about things to improve her secret performances, and on a peculiar day, she found out about an ancient race, who used a special jewel which was said to be sent from the heavens, they then turned these special jewels into sceptres and bedazzled their clothing with it. A special jewel which could amplify one's voice and resonate with the souls of others.

One day, Irene had her first divination. A dream in which she went to an unknown place, and found an item which she had been looking for. So, Irene set out to find this "item" and didn't tell anyone about this divination. As months went by, that place had finally been found. A cave surrounded by shrubbery and flowers. Inside this cave, there was a shining light, this was a jewelled sceptre. It was surrounded by similar jewels and crystals, with leaves and dirt covering it up. This was a Kleio Sceptre, a special item passed down from ancient beings. An item which could amplify the user's voice. Something which she could use to achieve her dreams.

As time went by, Irene left her family and town to pursue her dreams, though they thought she was going to become a priestess in another country, she was actually going to become the inspiration of dull places in need of a bit of saturation. Irene slowly went from town to town, singing songs in the middle of the streets and paths, connecting with those who listened to her songs. She even sewed her own costume, embedding it with leftover jewels. She grew popular in many parts of the world. She performed in places which have never heard of her. This was exactly what her purpose was in life. She commissioned a technician to create and attune a pair of magical spotlights to enhance her performances.

TL;DR flashy rebel girl uses magic stick which can communicate with dead peeps to autotune her voice and becomes the talk of the towns and creates a medieval Fanclub in a fantasy world with the power of musically musical music.

STR: 14(+2)
DEX: 20(+5)
CON: 11(+0)
INT: 10(+0)
WIS: 8(-1)
CHA: 17(+3)

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase: DEX / CHA

NAME
Irene Hikolionem Von Lumiere
At first glance, she may look like any ordinary young girl, but in truth, she is an Aasimar! Petite and dainty, she's at a height of 5'5" and weighs at 103Ib. Her hair is rosy salmon pink in colour, normally worn in a pair of ponytails on each side. Often, She wears a light-weight pink costume adorn in lace, synthetic feathers and blue jewels, and is seen almost always keeping her "wand" on her.
( D&D 5e Homebrew )

WEAPONS / ABILITIES

Aasimar Heritage:

Irene as an Aasimar is resistant to Radiant and Necrotic Damage and has Darkvision of 60ft.

Healing Hands:

Irene can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hits points equal to that of her level. Once she uses this trait, she can't use it again until she finishes a long rest. TLDR; Healer but not as effective.

Light Bearer:

Irene knows the Light cantrip at first level. Charisma is her spellcasting ability for it. You can see in the dark like me.

Radiant Soul:

Starting at 3rd level, Irene can unleash the divine energy within herself, causing a searing light to radiate from her, pour out of her eyes and mouth, and threatening to char foes.

Her transformation lasts for 1 minute or until she ends it as a bonus action. During it, She can shed bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet, and at the end of each of her turns, she and each creature within 10 feet of her take radiant damage equal to half her level (rounded up). In addition, once on each of her turns, she can deal extra radiant damage to one target when she deals damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals her level.

Once she uses this trait, she can't use it again until she finishes a long rest.

Bardic Inspiration:

Through the power of song, Irene can sing to one creature (exempt for herself) within a 60 ft of her, who can hear her. That creature will gain a bardic Inspiration die, a d6. Within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw that it makes. The creature can decide to use it before, or after it rolls the d20, but this must happen before the DM decides whether the roll fails or not. Once rolled it goes poof, and creatures can only have one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.

She can use this feature a number of times equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum of once) and regains any expended uses when she finishes a long rest.

Kleio Sceptre (aka Autotuner)

A magical jewelled sceptre made from an expensive material. The wand itself isn't that expensive, but the jewel it bears is. A special magical crystal, which amplifies the user's voice and makes it echo. This special sceptre was passed down from generations of an ancient race which used the sceptre to resonate with the souls of the dead or ancestors. Irene uses it to autotune her voice.

Irene can cast "Charm Person/Monster" to any creature in a 10ft radius, She can us this feature a number of times equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum of once) and regains any expended uses when she finishes a long rest. (Note: Bardic Inspiration will exhaust a use for this feature. Aswell Vice-versa.)

Spotlights

Irene is followed by two, floating spotlights. These magical spotlights don't do much. They allow Irene to throw an extra dice to add to the value of Charisma (Performance) checks, while overwriting proficiency bonuses. They do exactly what they say they do in her Biography. They just enhance her Performance. nothing else. Just performance.

D&D ALIGNMENT
Chaotic Good

PERSONALITY

Irene is a bit clumsy when it comes to things which aren't dancing, and even though she's quite old, she hasn't had the time to mature mentally. She's childish and emotionally prone, easy to tear up over the littlest things. She's a giant cry baby, and sometimes won't be able to tell the difference from actual insults to criticism. Though her bad traits make close friends lose any respect for her, She still prides herself in the small number of good things about her. She'll never really hold grudges and is always ready to apologise once she made someone angry. Though her naivete gets the better of her at times, she would still protect those who did bad things to her. Oh, and did I mention shes stupid? like, really stupid.

BIOGRAPHY
(Skip to TLDR)

Born in a place known as Luxthreah, Irene, as an Aasimar, was blessed with a celestial heritage. Her parents and everyone around her had a lot of expectations for her. Wishing for her to become a priestess while studying her divinations and the religion and lore of the country. Irene, however, was being slowly crushed under these expectations. With each passing day, doing exactly what she had been told to do, and never choosing for herself. Until one day, a Musician with magical talent performed in the centre of the town hall. The whole town gathered to listen, so Irene went to listen as well to soothe her curiosity. The music was brilliant and it almost shined, this beautiful music inspired Irene and due to this, she realized her dreams.

In secret, when she was taking breaks, she would sing and dance in the forest where nobody could hear her. She wanted to reach out to people, spread joy and inspire others' dreams with her songs. She would secretly study about things to improve her secret performances, and on a peculiar day, she found out about an ancient race, who used a special jewel which was said to be sent from the heavens, they then turned these special jewels into sceptres and bedazzled their clothing with it. A special jewel which could amplify one's voice and resonate with the souls of others.

One day, Irene had her first divination. A dream in which she went to an unknown place, and found an item which she had been looking for. So, Irene set out to find this "item" and didn't tell anyone about this divination. As months went by, that place had finally been found. A cave surrounded by shrubbery and flowers. Inside this cave, there was a shining light, this was a jewelled sceptre. It was surrounded by similar jewels and crystals, with leaves and dirt covering it up. This was a Kleio Sceptre, a special item passed down from ancient beings. An item which could amplify the user's voice. Something which she could use to achieve her dreams.

As time went by, Irene left her family and town to pursue her dreams, though they thought she was going to become a priestess in another country, she was actually going to become the inspiration of dull places in need of a bit of saturation. Irene slowly went from town to town, singing songs in the middle of the streets and paths, connecting with those who listened to her songs. She even sewed her own costume, embedding it with leftover jewels. She grew popular in many parts of the world. She performed in places which have never heard of her. This was exactly what her purpose was in life. She commissioned a technician to create and attune a pair of magical spotlights to enhance her performances.

TL;DR flashy rebel girl uses magic stick which can communicate with dead peeps to autotune her voice and becomes the talk of the towns and creates a medieval Fanclub in a fantasy world with the power of musically musical music.

STR: 14(+2)
DEX: 20(+5)
CON: 11(+0)
INT: 10(+0)
WIS: 8(-1)
CHA: 17(+3)

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase: DEX / CHA

Looks fine :) The party should be moving on to a new area very soon (today or tomorrow), I'll tag you in the update! We can work out specific reasons for her being there in DM if you want, or we could just have her be a "curious explorer" that happens to be there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back