• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ( 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 ) 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 ✰

bbyblsm

☼ euphoria ☼
[class=variables] --color: #fcbacb; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 460px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; [/class] [class=left] background-color: var(--color); height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class name=left maxWidth=450px] width: 135px; padding: 5px; height: 290px; [/class] [class=img] height: 280px; width: 200px; background-image: url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2b/0d/51/2b0d51a803aa886c95b8eadd46cb3052.jpg'); filter: saturate(100%); background-size: cover; padding: 20px; box-sizing: border-box; background-position: 50% 50%; [/class] [class name=img maxWidth=450px] width: 125px; [/class] [class=brackets] height: 100%; width: 100%; background: linear-gradient(to right, white 2px, transparent 2px) 0 100%, linear-gradient(to left, white 2px, transparent 2px) 100% 0, linear-gradient(to bottom, white 2px, transparent 2px) 100% 0, linear-gradient(to top, white 2px, transparent 2px) 0 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: 20px 20px; [/class] [class name=brackets maxWidth=450px] opacity: 0; [/class] [class=right] width: 240px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; [/class] [class=contentContainer] position: relative; width: 240px; height: 270px; [/class] [class name=contentContainer maxWidth=450px] left: -5px; [/class] [class=content] position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: 0.5s; width: 240px; height: 270px; font-size: 12px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=textHome] font-size: 12px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; width: 200px; margin: 0 6.5%; [/class] [class=title] text-align: center; font-size: 16px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 900; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=imgSmallContainer] width: 80%; height: 70px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=imgSmall] width: 70px; height: 70px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tabs] display: flex; width: 150px; margin: 0 23%; justify-content: space-between; [/class] [class name=tabs maxWidth=450px] position: relative; left: -10px; [/class] [class=tab] border-radius: 50%; height: 20px; width: 20px; border: 1px solid black; transition: 0.5s; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] cursor: url('https://i.imgur.com/8akxkMH.png'), auto !important; border: 1px solid var(--color); [/class] [class=show] z-index: 1; opacity: 1; [/class] [class=click] border: 1px solid var(--color); background-color: var(--color); [/class] [script class=tab01 on=click] addClass click tab01 removeClass click tab02 removeClass click tab03 removeClass click tab04 addClass show content01 removeClass show content02 removeClass show content03 removeClass show content04 removeClass show contentHome [/script] [script class=tab02 on=click] addClass click tab02 removeClass click tab01 removeClass click tab03 removeClass click tab04 addClass show content02 removeClass show content01 removeClass show content03 removeClass show content04 removeClass show contentHome [/script] [script class=tab03 on=click] addClass click tab03 removeClass click tab01 removeClass click tab02 removeClass click tab04 addClass show content03 removeClass show content01 removeClass show content02 removeClass show content04 removeClass show contentHome [/script] [script class=tab04 on=click] addClass click tab04 removeClass click tab01 removeClass click tab02 removeClass click tab03 addClass show content04 removeClass show content01 removeClass show content02 removeClass show content03 removeClass show contentHome [/script] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=img] [div class=brackets][/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=contentContainer] [div class="show content contentHome"] [div class=name]Welcome to Barclay[/div] [div class=textHome]it's all

fun and games

until somebody

d i e s
[/div] [/div] [div class="content content01"] [div class=scroll] [div class=title]l o r e[/div]
( tw // brief suicide mention )

Annaliese Barclay was well known in the nineties for being a ballet prodigy, seemingly becoming an overnight sensation among the dance community.

With her elegance on the stage, bright smile, and passion for dancing, she was a loveable star that the public looked up to. And in 2003, being only seventeen at the time, Annaliese used the wealth from her fame to begin a dance studio of her own. As expected, this decision was just as celebrated as everything else she did in her career.

Not only was she known as a dancing virtuoso, but she became a phenomenal mentor as well. Her school, The Barclay Academy of Dance, was a ticket to success and every young dancer’s dream was to work under Ms. Annaliese. Training with her was a guaranteed way to make it in the dance world and she proved this to be true with the plethora of stars she created during her time as a coach.

Everything came crashing down in 2011, though.

On a rainy March afternoon, a student of Ms. Annaliese’s was found dead in her dorm. The cause of death was later ruled as suicide. This tragedy created a lot of controversy around The Barclay Academy and the public became suspicious of what could’ve driven the victim to do such a thing.

When asked to speak about the matter, Annaliese declined any interviews and instead announced that she’d be retiring from the industry. Many assumed she was too pained by the incident to continue, but a lot of conspiracy still circulated after she left. And within a few months, rumors of mistreatment began to pop up.

Over the years, past students of Ms. Annaliese surfaced and shared stories of what it was like working under her. The accounts were serious, detailing incidents where dancers were denied food and water, verbally humiliated in front of their teammates, and forced to perform through injuries. Everything was chalked up to be an over exaggeration and the media barely took to the stories.

Ms. Annaliese finally spoke up about what was going on, though, claiming that these students were simply trying to profit off of her suffering.

Following her statement, a lot of the buzz died down, and after a couple years, nobody was talking about Annaliese Davenport anymore. That was until she announced that she’d be reopening The Barclay Academy of Dance this upcoming fall. With the incident being nearly a decade behind her, Ms. Annaliese’s name was no longer tarnished, and there was a huge turnout for her auditions.

You were one of the lucky people to have been chosen as a student at The Barclay Academy of Dance. You’re filled with excitement, ready to pack up your life and move into the school of your dreams. Success is in your future and everyone tells you that you’re going to finally make it as a dancer.

But do you really know what you’re getting yourself into?

[/div] [/div] [div class="content content02"] [div class=scroll] [div class=title]basics[/div]
This is a character driven plot that revolves around the lives of students at an intense dance school in New York City. They’ll spend time making friends ( or enemies ! ) in the residence hall, training for competitions, and fighting to make it as a dancer in the city.

No prior dance knowledge is necessary, as this plot will focus heavily on the characters' relationships, not the technicalities of their dancing.

Their coach is very strict. She’s known to pick favorites, pit her students against one another, and push them to their absolute breaking point. As of now, I’ve decided to make her an NPC that we all can allude to in our replies. But if anybody would like to write as her, I’d be super happy to give someone the role!

Our characters will also be trying to learn more about the death of Annaliese’s student once they begin to notice her harsh treatment.

[/div] [/div] [div class="content content03"] [div class=scroll] [div class=title]rules[/div]
✰ This will be a dark roleplay so please do let me know if you have any triggers that you’d like content warnings for!

✰ I’d like these characters to be college aged, so anywhere from 18 - 25ish.

✰ Diversity is very much so welcomed here and my roleplay is a drama-free zone. Know that you’re safe to make your character any gender, sexuality, race, etc. because if I see hateful speech or judgement, that person will be removed immediately.

✰ With that being said, in character drama is totally accepted and given the environment these students are working in, it’d make sense that there is rivalry and tension.

✰ I’m flexible about availability, but it’d be great if you are able to post at least once weekly so nobody falls too far behind.

✰ This is not a first come, first serve roleplay. I’ll be choosing characters based on whether or not I believe they’ll be a good fit for this plot. Characters applications are open and will be accepted until January 17th. I may extend this date if anything comes up!

✰ There will be a Discord for OOC chat and brainstorming, I’ll create a server once the full cast has been chosen.

Thank you for taking the time to look this over and I’m excited to see your character sheets! To show me that you’ve read everything, please include your character’s favorite dessert in your sheet. (:

[/div] [/div] [div class="content content04"] [div class=scroll] [div class=title]pages[/div]
characters - here

roleplay - TBA [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=tabs] [div class="tab tab01"][/div] [div class="tab tab02"][/div] [div class="tab tab03"][/div] [div class="tab tab04"][/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

Last edited:
sorry to bother on this thread and i will delete this afterward, but are applications open to be posted on the character thread or not until the 17th? i'm very interested in this, it looks great!

sorry to bother on this thread and i will delete this afterward, but are applications open to be posted on the character thread or not until the 17th? i'm very interested in this, it looks great!
thank you ! applications are currently open and will close on the 17th. (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back