• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [open] So You Want To Be A Hero?

You already knew:

You’ll never need to repair your weapons or armor, and they will never be stolen from you or destroyed.

You learn the following:

There is no blacksmith, but there is a dry goods store, which might have a few things useful to you.
You are allowed to carry your weapons in town openly, since Erana’s enchantment prevents all violence.
Zara knows little about the brigands; only that they became much more numerous and more aggressive fairly recently. She recommends speaking to others in town about this.
There are monsters in the forest, but you already knew that from talking to the guildmaster. However, Zara mentions “Night Gaunts”, undead spirits which are rumored to slay the living who sleep outside at night. Not much else is known about them.
Zara doubts anyone in town is willing or able to help you fight directly.
She recommends checking at the guild hall if you want to learn about the adventurers who preceded you. She’s not concerned with such matters.
Zara doesn’t stay here. The shop you’re standing in isn’t in Spielburg, she explains. The view through the opening behind her backs her up: you’re looking down at the clouds.
She seems totally uninterested in your personal life, and grows increasingly impatient while you monologue. She asks that you leave her in peace if you have no further need of her services or knowledge.

Also, you already have a backstory - although it won’t matter much until a lot later.

You already knew:

You’ll never need to repair your weapons or armor, and they will never be stolen from you or destroyed.

You learn the following:

There is no blacksmith, but there is a dry goods store, which might have a few things useful to you.
You are allowed to carry your weapons in town openly, since Erana’s enchantment prevents all violence.
Zara knows little about the brigands; only that they became much more numerous and more aggressive fairly recently. She recommends speaking to others in town about this.
There are monsters in the forest, but you already knew that from talking to the guildmaster. However, Zara mentions “Night Gaunts”, undead spirits which are rumored to slay the living who sleep outside at night. Not much else is known about them.
Zara doubts anyone in town is willing or able to help you fight directly.
She recommends checking at the guild hall if you want to learn about the adventurers who preceded you. She’s not concerned with such matters.
Zara doesn’t stay here. The shop you’re standing in isn’t in Spielburg, she explains. The view through the opening behind her backs her up: you’re looking down at the clouds.
She seems totally uninterested in your personal life, and grows increasingly impatient while you monologue. She asks that you leave her in peace if you have no further need of her services or knowledge.

Also, you already have a backstory - although it won’t matter much until a lot later.

I just got here, connection got cut.

For the following actions, I suggest:

Using half of your money to buy health potions, no more and no less.
They'll come in handy when you'll have to fight a few brigands and monsters.
You'll still have to use the rest of the money to buy food, clothing, and maybe even some weapons if you're lucky.

Try to buy a couple of explosives or amulets that permit you to throw fireballs or bolts of lightning.
You may encounter abominations that are struck by the forces of nature.

After this, thank her for her time, and ask her if there are spell components that she needs.
How does one get spell components anyway?

If there's nothing else to be done, go straight to the guild hall to check if there are any stragglers like you.

Besides spells, which you can't learn, she sells the following potions:

healing, 50 silver
vigor, 25 silver
mana, 75 silver (you have no use for these)

1 gold = 10 silver. You have 4 gold, 10 silver on you.

You remember that Zara just told you she gets her potions from the healer. Maybe you could get them cheaper there.

You have five days worth of food. You don't need to buy clothes, and no one in town sells them anyway. For weapons, you'll have to check the dry goods store.

Zara doesn't sell explosives or magical amulets. Just potions.
After this, thank her for her time, and ask her if there are spell components that she needs.
How does one get spell components anyway?

Notice: Spell components needed. Cash or trade for potions.

Inquire

at

the

Healer's.

Besides spells, which you can't learn, she sells the following potions:

healing, 50 silver
vigor, 25 silver
mana, 75 silver (you have no use for these)

1 gold = 10 silver. You have 4 gold, 10 silver on you.

You remember that Zara just told you she gets her potions from the healer. Maybe you could get them cheaper there.

You have five days worth of food. You don't need to buy clothes, and no one in town sells them anyway. For weapons, you'll have to check the dry goods store.

Zara doesn't sell explosives or magical amulets. Just potions.

Zara's a nice woman, she even told where she bought the potions!
Man, nobody gives out business secrets like that. I hope this isn't too good to be true.

In any case, buy two healing potions and a couple of vigor potions.
They'll be useful for the trip outside of town and you don't know what exactly to expect.
You'll be getting your money's worth in extra security.

Ask how far the healer is out of town.
If the healer is just by the castle gates or just fifty meters away, you might want to buy only a single healing potion.
If the healer is far, you might really want to buy a couple of healing potions.

You need to ask for the exact effects of the vigor potions.
And if there are side effects too.
Also, some warnings will help too, ask what happened to those who misused and abused the vigor potions.

Ahh, so the spell components were for the healer. . .
I only got that just now after checking.

Hey, this may not be important to all of you here, but ask if there's a church.
This is a dangerous trip, no fucking cakewalk here.
You need to make some peace with God here, pray a bit, ask for forgiveness and ask for His guidance.
Its really hard to appreciate all of this, especially when you aren't in danger, but you could really lose your life here and it'll be over.
If there's no church, perhaps you should find a quiet corner and pray there.

Your prayer will begin by thanking God for everything that he's given you.
For making the man you are today, despite all the mistakes you've made,
And all the sins you've committed.
Falling far from the path of the almighty God,
And allowing yourself to give in to temptation,
You've done great evil on earth that's harmed you and everyone.
You ask for forgiveness for all these sins.
And ask for strength to endure temptation.
You thank God again for being patient with you.
Say Amen.

Two healing and two vigor potions would cost 150 silver. You have 50.
Zara tells you the healer is just outside town to the north, not even one minute of walking. Leave the gates, turn left, and it’s right there. You can easily get there without worrying about being attacked.
A vigor potion fully restores your stamina. There are no side effects.
There’s no church in town, but no one will mind you praying, either.
You figure you have about five more minutes before Zara decides to start charging you rent.

How's it going fellas? Mind if I take my seat right here, and perhaps try and invite a friend to the table as well?

I've been reading through a bit, and like Heisenberg here I also skimmed over the fact that 1 gold = 10 silver since we already had 10 silver. The brain fills out the rest - and oh, we actually have 50 silver instead of 410. Well, this is awkward, isn't it?

You all know what that means: we're heading to the healer, no questions asked. And we better make sure to pray afterwards.

No worries. The only reason it's not just abstracted is that the coins have weight. Don't worry about making change though, that's automatic.

And more players are always welcome!

Two healing and two vigor potions would cost 150 silver. You have 50.
Zara tells you the healer is just outside town to the north, not even one minute of walking. Leave the gates, turn left, and it’s right there. You can easily get there without worrying about being attacked.
A vigor potion fully restores your stamina. There are no side effects.
There’s no church in town, but no one will mind you praying, either.
You figure you have about five more minutes before Zara decides to start charging you rent.

How's it going fellas? Mind if I take my seat right here, and perhaps try and invite a friend to the table as well?

I've been reading through a bit, and like Heisenberg here I also skimmed over the fact that 1 gold = 10 silver since we already had 10 silver. The brain fills out the rest - and oh, we actually have 50 silver instead of 410. Well, this is awkward, isn't it?

You all know what that means: we're heading to the healer, no questions asked. And we better make sure to pray afterwards.

All right, I agree with the new guy, let's go to the healer.
We can go to the guild hall later.
Nothing else comes to mind now.

qfg.gif

Now that you've left town, I've updated the first post with a map showing where you've been, and your current location. That will continue to update as you explore.

Holy shit, get your ass out of there and back into town, check in the guild hall first thing next.
wait what

Did you immediately decide to turn back the moment you saw something remotely dangerous? How will we ever be able to show our face in the guild if even a small bird scares us away? We'll become the laughingstock of the town!

Besides, if anything terrible happens out here, there's a healer in this building. I think we should just go inside and buy some healing potions before we embarrass ourselves any further.

wait what

Did you immediately decide to turn back the moment you saw something remotely dangerous? How will we ever be able to show our face in the guild if even a small bird scares us away? We'll become the laughingstock of the town!

Besides, if anything terrible happens out here, there's a healer in this building. I think we should just go inside and buy some healing potions before we embarrass ourselves any further.

Fine, but don't blame me if you get shanked by some drunk hobo in broad daylight.

Once again, sorry for the delay.

She sells healing potions for 40 silvers and vigor for 20. She also sells something called Undead Unguent for 100. More explanation on that later.

No pic this time in the interest of getting some kind of post up. Will put up a real post later, but at least you can decide what to buy in the meantime.

Good news Heisenberg, we successfully managed to walk the extra five steps needed to get into the building.

Nothing wrong with dumping all our cash on potions, so we'll do just that. I'm not that worried about getting a bloody nose or two, so how about buying two vigor potions? It'll let us do more stamina things, probably.

Also, while we're here, it wouldn't hurt to ask about the lost ring and the spell components. I'm more interested in the former but both are worth considering depending on the details.

The healer introduces herself as Amelia Appleberry. You notice another one of those weird red bird lizard things chilling on a rafter near the ceiling behind her.

As regards the ring, she just tells you that she lost it some time ago, and doesn't really have any idea where it could be, but thinks it can't be far. Maybe try looking around outside the cottage?

If you find it, she'll pay 6 gold and 2 healing potions for it.

Spell components she'll pay for:
flowers from Erana's Peace, which she says is a garden somewhere to the north: 5 silver per bunch
magic mushrooms from a fairy ring: 1 gold per handful
cheetaur claws: 5 silver each
troll beard: 2 healing potions

(Before I join I need to ask. What is the current level of technology in this campaign. Because I am VERY much against using magic.)

The healer introduces herself as Amelia Appleberry. You notice another one of those weird red bird lizard things chilling on a rafter near the ceiling behind her.

As regards the ring, she just tells you that she lost it some time ago, and doesn't really have any idea where it could be, but thinks it can't be far. Maybe try looking around outside the cottage?

If you find it, she'll pay 6 gold and 2 healing potions for it.

Spell components she'll pay for:
flowers from Erana's Peace, which she says is a garden somewhere to the north: 5 silver per bunch
magic mushrooms from a fairy ring: 1 gold per handful
cheetaur claws: 5 silver each
troll beard: 2 healing potions

Why don't you ask about those lizard birds?
Ask about those spell components and where you could get them.
Why are they so important anyways?
Ask how life is outside the town and how she manages without the protection of town.

Fucking hell, I forgot all about this.
Video's a bit blurred, but I can tolerate it.
Buy a couple of healing potions and a vigor potion.
Well, ask her about the castle and brigands then.

As for protection, she explains that the monsters and brigands don't really venture this close to town, and any who do get chased off by the centaur who has his vegetable farm close by.

The picture keeps on moving, Sera, you might want to type up her dialogue word for word.
In any case, if you don't have that much money, just buy a healing potion and leave it at that.
But you do have enough money, you have 4 gold coins, that must be enough for 100 silver, right?
400 silver coins, you can buy 10 healing potions.
So if I'm right, buy 2 healing potions and 1 vigor potion.

Oh yeah, you wanted to know about her pet.

View attachment 551313

Are their southern cousins aggressive? Do I have to worry about them much?

As for protection, she explains that the monsters and brigands don't really venture this close to town, and any who do get chased off by the centaur who has his vegetable farm close by.

Ask her about the centaur and where his vegetable farm is.
You might want to talk to him later.

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller
no 1 gold still equals 10 silver so you only have 50 silver yeah it's a little odd but that's because of weight or something

I still don't think the dry goods store is all too important at the moment, so if 50 silver is only enough for two potions, we're getting two potions. I'm of the opinion that we can get much more done with two vigor potions (40 silver) than with one healing potion.

We will acquire some additional money and healing potions by heading outside the cottage and looking for the lost ring. It's small, but we can probably figure it out. Perhaps a glow or a glint of light from the gold?

That'll take care of our bills, and it's a nice little errand that will make us feel accomplished until we need to head out into some actual danger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back