• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [open] So You Want To Be A Hero?

Agreed - not much to add, really. Sounds like the easier tasks at first, plus we can probably use a bit of healing. Do we know if the castle is in the town itself? Don't think it was mentioned thus far, was it? And, perhaps soemthing we'd have to ask the old fellow: Where's the healer at, actually?

Looks like the old man had already dozed off again just in the time it took you to read those posters. You clear your throat loudly.

“Eh, what’s that? Oh, it’s you again. Going to try and help the healer, then? Good for you. You can find her cottage to the north of town. Just take a left as soon as you walk out the gate, can’t miss it.”

I'd say we go towards the healer, but speak with those people we might meet along the way. Can't hurt to know more stuff.

Just stare at her for a few seconds.
You need to take this all in anyway.
Some beautiful busty woman with red hair and green eyes just magically pops out of an orb. . .
And just what the fuck?

EDIT: She's even showing off her shoulders, Sera!
HER SHOULDERS.
Do you know how much that drives a man crazy?

Last edited:
She kills you with lightning.

Just kidding. She glares at you and says nothing, but you feel an oppressive magical force surrounding you on all sides. You get the feeling flirting isn't going to do you any favors here.

For a second there I thought I actually died.
Here have a cookie for giving me a little shocker, you!

Tsk, she comes all the way looking pretty but she gets mad when I give her a little compliment?
Women are strange creatures.
All right, let's get to business, ask her about the area and what you'll need.
You're new to this place and she's a local, she knows what you gotta buy.
If you want to start, ask her about the nature of magic in general and how people use it.
What the types of magic are.
And if there is a certain type of magic that can be used by non-magical peoples.
Also, ask about potions, what kinds of potions there are and what potions she sells.
What's important is that you're inquisitive, try to find out as much as you can about magic so you'll get a firm grasp of it.
Listen to every word but also try to be a bit skeptical.
You need to wring the information out of people sometimes, 'cause they sometimes get things wrong or give out skewed details.

22-Zara.pngWe have very little for ones such as you who have not been initiated. However, our stock includes potions of healing and of vigor, which may be of use to you. I am not an alchemist, myself; I am supplied by the healer, who lives just outside of town.

3-hero.pngBaby, those shoulders give me all the vigor I’ll ever need.

22-Zara.pngStop this.

3-hero.pngSorry. So, what can you tell me about magic? Think I got what it takes?

22-Zara.pngI sense that you do not possess any innate magical power. Without power, you can not learn to cast spells. However, unlike those born of the Fae, some mortals develop magical talent later in life. There is also another path. If you would walk it, seek out paladins, and learn from them. There are none in this valley that I know of, but your fate may yet take you to other lands. Some paladins have been known to master the arcane arts as well.

3-hero.pngSo I could have all the benefits of divine might AND be an inscrutable wizard? Righteous! Like, literally.

22-Zara.pngUgh.

3-hero.pngSo, you mentioned a healer. Any other magicians around in the valley?

22-Zara.pngThe healer is an apothecary, not a true wizard in the sense of being able to cast spells, although her potions are certainly magical. Besides myself, there is the wizard Erasmus, who lives atop Mount Zauberberg, to the east. There is also a powerful witch somewhere in this valley - Baba Yaga. It was she that cursed the Baron, and this valley, some years ago. I can sense the presence of her dark magic, but I am unable to locate her hut. If you should ever be unfortunate enough to find her, I recommend running, and prayer. In that order. Lastly, you should know that the great mage Erana, one of the Fae, like myself, has placed a powerful spell of protection on this town. Within the walls, it prevents anyone from committing violence, and using magic. Rumor has it that she also created a magical place of safety to the north of town. I do not know where Erana is, or indeed if she is alive. No one that I know of has heard from her in many years.

View attachment 542672We have very little for ones such as you who have not been initiated. However, our stock includes potions of healing and of vigor, which may be of use to you. I am not an alchemist, myself; I am supplied by the healer, who lives just outside of town.

View attachment 542673Baby, those shoulders give me all the vigor I’ll ever need.

View attachment 542674Stop this.

View attachment 542675Sorry. So, what can you tell me about magic? Think I got what it takes?

View attachment 542676I sense that you do not possess any innate magical power. Without power, you can not learn to cast spells. However, unlike those born of the Fae, some mortals develop magical talent later in life. There is also another path. If you would walk it, seek out paladins, and learn from them. There are none in this valley that I know of, but your fate may yet take you to other lands. Some paladins have been known to master the arcane arts as well.

View attachment 542677So I could have all the benefits of divine might AND be an inscrutable wizard? Righteous! Like, literally.

View attachment 542678Ugh.

View attachment 542679So, you mentioned a healer. Any other magicians around in the valley?

View attachment 542680The healer is an apothecary, not a true wizard in the sense of being able to cast spells, although her potions are certainly magical. Besides myself, there is the wizard Erasmus, who lives atop Mount Zauberberg, to the east. There is also a powerful witch somewhere in this valley - Baba Yaga. It was she that cursed the Baron, and this valley, some years ago. I can sense the presence of her dark magic, but I am unable to locate her hut. If you should ever be unfortunate enough to find her, I recommend running, and prayer. In that order. Lastly, you should know that the great mage Erana, one of the Fae, like myself, has placed a powerful spell of protection on this town. Within the walls, it prevents anyone from committing violence, and using magic. Rumor has it that she also created a magical place of safety to the north of town. I do not know where Erana is, or indeed if she is alive. No one that I know of has heard from her in many years.

You've forgotten something, Alfons.
Ask her about the spell components!
Make a short list of what she needs for her potions.
For your work, perhaps you can get a discount, and spread your reputation as a reliable sort of fellow.
Offering to do a few jobs here and there and doing them well will give you a good name.
Don't underestimate the value of a good name, it will take you places.

Also, ask if there's a blacksmith in town and where he is.
You might need to buy weapons or repair them.
Or you'll need to get armor, the kind that can take quite a hit.
If there's no one around, ask if there are some blacksmith tools lying around so you can fix your stuff yourself.
And if you want to take a weapon, you probably have to ask the sheriff or someone in authority.

There's not many people in town and you're surrounded by brigands.
You need to find ways to help yourself quick or you'll find yourself pretty much dead.

Speaking of brigands, can you ask this woman how they even came here in the first place?
Why are there so many of them? What's happened to this kingdom?
And if the brigands and Baba Yaga aren't the only ones dangerous here, who else do we have to look out for?
Are there robber barons? Legions of undead? Dangerous magical creatures?

Ask her if there are other people willing to travel outside.
You say you're determined to spread law and order in this hellhole by the tip of a sword.
But you'll end up a corpse if you do it alone, so you'll need people to watch your back.
Ask her what SPECIFICALLY you have to look out for when you travel outside.
Who traveled outside and what happened to them?
Just gauge how dangerous your situation actually is.
If they just keep damned dying no matter what, you are officially in a shithole.
Welcome to a beautiful hell, hero.

And hey, I'm curious, ask her how she ended up HERE of all places.
Why'd she stay even if she wouldn't get many customers?
I mean, I'm probably the first she's seen in a while.
You may be getting a bit too chatty with her, as she'll divulge personal information in this matter, but hell, you're lost, so you might as well try it out.
Well, maybe during the conversation, you should tell her about yourself too.

Hobbies?
You like walking, you joined a club where you walk with plenty of people to the countryside.
It was pretty nice, made fond memories just fucking around with nature.
Your feet took you places, watched the land slowly change before your eyes. . . it was like a miracle unto itself, a magic of its own.
You walked, you ran, you swam, you laughed, sometimes you got hurt and cried, occasionally you did something utterly humiliating. . .
All in all, it was a high point in your life, one that you'll always look back to when times get rough.

Place of birth?
You lived in one of the villages near a prominent city.
You were born a peasant, but a rich one!
And you were a little spoiled as well, since you got the chance to be a lazy bastard.

Well, she could just say she ain't interested in your life story, or if she is interested, maybe she can ask us questions herself.

EDIT: Hey, Sera, if the list is too long I can shorten it.
Just ask her about the spell components, the blacksmith, and if there's any other adventurers like Alfons waiting around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back