• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [open] So You Want To Be A Hero?

The system seems a little skewed...I mean if you didn't want it to be mage that badly, not sure why you put it in as an option

You're a fighter.

1547860926190.png

You can:
Increase an attribute (on the left) or a skill (on the right) by 5, spending 5 points each time.
Increase an attribute or skill from zero to 5 by spending 15 points.

But know this!
Any skill you start the game with at zero can never be used. This applies to magic as well, even though it's an attribute.
You need magic to cast spells.
You need pick locks and stealth to do thiefy things.
As a fighter, you're the only class that can use a shield, and you start with one. "Parry" requires a shield. You don't need to put points in both parry and dodge, they do the same thing, and you can improve them both through practice.
Climbing is the least necessary of the four skills / attributes that you don't start with points in.
If you want to be good at a particular thing, putting points in the skill is more useful than attributes.
Your attributes will go up as you work on your skills.
The maximum for all attributes and skills is 100 - for now.

If you have questions about anything, ask away.

You're a fighter.

View attachment 528449

You can:
Increase an attribute (on the left) or a skill (on the right) by 5, spending 5 points each time.
Increase an attribute or skill from zero to 5 by spending 15 points.

But know this!
Any skill you start the game with at zero can never be used. This applies to magic as well, even though it's an attribute.
You need magic to cast spells.
You need pick locks and stealth to do thiefy things.
As a fighter, you're the only class that can use a shield, and you start with one. "Parry" requires a shield. You don't need to put points in both parry and dodge, they do the same thing, and you can improve them both through practice.
Climbing is the least necessary of the four skills / attributes that you don't start with points in.
If you want to be good at a particular thing, putting points in the skill is more useful than attributes.
Your attributes will go up as you work on your skills.
The maximum for all attributes and skills is 100 - for now.

If you have questions about anything, ask away.

Personally, I'd invest. . .

ATTRIBUTES.
15 points for Strength. +15
15 points for Agility. +15
5 points for Vitality. +5

SKILLS.
15 points for Weapons Use. +5

I want to hit hard and hit fast and be able to use my weapon well. What's the point of fighting if you can't go on the offense when it counts? Learn defense as you fight, but damn it, concentrate on hitting first! I put a little investment on vitality, so we can take a little more hits on the way. My primary focus is power and speed, my second focus would be on vitality and defense, and my third focus would be on intelligence and stealth. Everything else would receive little attention from me. The traits which I would leave completely are luck, magic and lockpicking.
I want to invest in a soldier-class type of guy. A man that could fight well and endure the hardships of war. And if need be, be able to lead a group of men into battle and be able to devise strategy as well.

Let's see what the others think, we might make a few changes as we go on.
Once we reach a consensus that we can all agree on, we'll proceed.

Let me begin by saying that it feels odd to randomize a choice that had a winner - even if I happened to vote for the fighter.

If i'm not mistaken, your math is off a little, Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller ? 15 pts in weapon use should grant +15, I think. Since we wouldn't be able to use the skills at all if we don't pick it now, I'd certainly want to pick up stealth - even someone who smashes things sometimes needs to be a bit more careful.
Also, I think I'd pick parry over vitality - don't know how it works out mechanic-wise, but it seems better to not get hit in the first place.

Thus perhaps a slight variation:
ATTRIBUTES.
10 points for Strength. +10
10 points for Agility. +10

SKILLS.
10 points for Weapons Use. +10
5 Parry +5
15 pts for stealth (from 0 to 5)

Let me begin by saying that it feels odd to randomize a choice that had a winner - even if I happened to vote for the fighter.

If i'm not mistaken, your math is off a little, Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller ? 15 pts in weapon use should grant +15, I think. Since we wouldn't be able to use the skills at all if we don't pick it now, I'd certainly want to pick up stealth - even someone who smashes things sometimes needs to be a bit more careful.
Also, I think I'd pick parry over vitality - don't know how it works out mechanic-wise, but it seems better to not get hit in the first place.

Thus perhaps a slight variation:
ATTRIBUTES.
10 points for Strength. +10

SKILLS.
10 points for Weapons Use. +10
5 Parry +5
15 pts for stealth (from 0 to 5)

Ah, this point distribution is a bit confusing, but I think I've got a handle on it now.
I'd prefer to keep Weapons Use at 15 points, even sacrificing Strength a little. +15
I agree with your focus on Parry. +5
Stealth is a somewhat contentious issue for me, but I think it will be a small price to pay for unforeseen future problems. +5
Strength gets 5 points. +5
Agility still gets 10 points. +10

So, for this new fighter, he'll be able to withstand a violent fight that breaks out. And he has some skill in staying out of fights he can't win.

So for now, the list looks like this:

ATTRIBUTES.
5 points for Strength. +5

SKILLS.
15 points for Weapons Use. +15
5 points for Parry. +5
5 points for Stealth. +15

The system seems a little skewed...I mean if you didn't want it to be mage that badly, not sure why you put it in as an option

Hey, Idea, since you're interested in magic, I'm willing to make some changes for you.
I'll sacrifice all the points for Strength and Agility and allocate it for Magic.

The list will look a little like this:

ATTRIBUTES:
15 points for Magic. +5

SKILLS.
5 points for Parry. +5
5 points for Stealth. +15

What we will lose in power and speed we will gain with magical potential. It'll make our character more versatile but also more vulnerable. We have to keep our eyes open for different options, whether it be for fighting, for stealth, or for magic.

Ah, this might not have been clear, but basically I'm out.

And before anyone says anything, it's not cause of not being a mage. It has to do with other, more personal reasons I would rather not discuss. My apologies.

The real question is if anyone else is around - personally, I'd find it less appealing to have a quest rp with two participants.

I apologize for my absence, I hate doing that to my partners. I'm still here, and the game will continue. I went through a traumatic experience over the weekend and was grieving. Please bear with me while I work on getting some more participants. As always, feel free to reach out to anyone you know who you think might be interested.

Also, a word of advice: You can easily train every skill up to its maximum by using it. I recommend taking Magic, Stealth, and Pick Locks if you want to see everything the game has to offer.

The real question is if anyone else is around - personally, I'd find it less appealing to have a quest rp with two participants.

Don't mind, as long as story is good.

I apologize for my absence, I hate doing that to my partners. I'm still here, and the game will continue. I went through a traumatic experience over the weekend and was grieving. Please bear with me while I work on getting some more participants. As always, feel free to reach out to anyone you know who you think might be interested.

Take your time, life takes priority over everything else.

Also, a word of advice: You can easily train every skill up to its maximum by using it. I recommend taking Magic, Stealth, and Pick Locks if you want to see everything the game has to offer.

While I'd prefer to stick to fighting, I'm willing to concede an investment in stealth, maybe a little on magic too. Don't see much use in lockpicking. Breaking into other people's doors or picking locks isn't my ideal trade.

Real life always comes first - take your time, Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal . Don't really know people who would be interested in joining, so I won't be of much help there - I'll certainly stick around to see the actual story unfold.

I find it hard to make a proper choice without knowing how the mechanics work exactly, but I find it difficult to identify with characters who can do a bit of everything, but have no focus. Often times, the things someone can't do are the ones that define that person. Thus, I very much agree with not picking everything up - I like stealth personally, and as someone who plays mages quite regulaly in other rps, I can certainly see some appeal in magic; but I wouldn't really want to pick it up unless we get someone who'd actively want to have that option. Don't like lockpicking, personally - yeah, it can be useful, but I associate that with the kind of character that I wouldn't really want to see as the protagonist.

Real life always comes first - take your time, Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal . Don't really know people who would be interested in joining, so I won't be of much help there - I'll certainly stick around to see the actual story unfold.

I find it hard to make a proper choice without knowing how the mechanics work exactly, but I find it difficult to identify with characters who can do a bit of everything, but have no focus. Often times, the things someone can't do are the ones that define that person. Thus, I very much agree with not picking everything up - I like stealth personally, and as someone who plays mages quite regulaly in other rps, I can certainly see some appeal in magic; but I wouldn't really want to pick it up unless we get someone who'd actively want to have that option. Don't like lockpicking, personally - yeah, it can be useful, but I associate that with the kind of character that I wouldn't really want to see as the protagonist.

Will prefer a character with focus on fighting and stealth.
Apologies for speaking dull.
Brain not working.
Finger got cut.
Tired.
Not feeling my 100%.

I'd be fine with continuing - my guess is that few people will join in before the story itself begins.

5 points for Parry. +5
15 points for Stealth. +5

This is the last non-magical thingie Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller wrote down, so I'd say that'd be a good start for now.

I'd be fine with continuing - my guess is that few people will join in before the story itself begins.

5 points for Parry. +5
15 points for Stealth. +5

This is the last non-magical thingie Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller wrote down, so I'd say that'd be a good start for now.
okay, I'll give him a chance to say if he wants to change his mind on anything, then we'll start

You have my blessing for this character.
What this means is that yes, I'm happy with what we've got so far.
So we can start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back