• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [OPEN] [Fandom / Fantasy] Nine's search for questing partner (Semi / Adv. Lit)

About Myself
Hi! I'm Nine of Swords. You can call me Nine. I like video games and interesting stories, and is an aspiring game dev.

My Preferences
First and foremost, I lose my interest quickly in roleplays that meander.
I like plots that progress to their respective endings, whatever that may be.
This means that I don't like romance to be the sole focus of roleplay (though we can certainly have them, no sex scenes though. Light kiss is fine.).

I like unique ideas and plot twists, and I would prefer a partner who can provide them.

My posting length varies from 1 paragraph to a novella.
I tend to have shorter paragraphs on action scenes and conversations.
Please, no one liners.
Prefers a partner who can mirror my length.

Ghost-friendly, though a short status update is much appreciated.

I usually play male characters.

Fandoms (OCs only please)
Harry Potter (read up to Book 4, watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
Madoka Magica
Cat School
(고양이 학교, the Korean book. Read up to part 1.
The one that's like warrior cats but with mythology and environmentalism thrown in...
I know it's been translated but I don't know the title of it.)

Original Ideas (the role inside bracket is the one I prefer to play)
(MC = my character, YC = your character)

The one whose job is to erase history x The one who vows to remember it
(fine with either role on this one)
Setting: medieval fantasy

The Era of Dragons is finally over. But what happens to its memories? What do we do with centuries of trauma that has redefined the very history itself?
Suppress it, of course. That is what the Prince ordered to do in this world. Muse 1 have a full-time job doing exactly this. But there are others who, for some reason, have been trying to make humanity wake up from their innocence. Muse 2 is one of these renegades who is willing to risk his/her life to bring this part of history back. One day, there is a raid on to the renegades' secret headquarters, which is where Muse 1 and Muse 2 meet. The raid seems to be going smoothly as expected, until...

[Archdevil] x Archangel
Setting: Either medieval or urban fantasy

For centuries, there has been only one idea of God in the world. The Armies of Heaven and Hell has kept it that way. The angels have led those who are astray back home, and for the irredeemables, well, there were devils who doled out righteous (and usually horrific) justice. But one day, they find out that this idea is beginning to be challenged. Not just by one, but by many. It's slowly growing into a cult, and is on the verge of being an actual religion. YC and MC are ordered by god to put stop to this, with any means necessary... but will they be able to keep their own faith in their ideas once they come face-to-face to a world of freedom they tried to suppress for so long?

(Alternate plot) For centuries, there has been only one idea of God in the world. The Armies of Heaven has kept it that way. The angels have led those who are astray back home, and for the irredeemables, well, they could always dole out righteous (and usually horrific) justice. But one day, they find out that this idea is beginning to be challenged, thanks to the effort of MC and their army of demons. The idea is slowly growing into a cult, and is on the verge of being an actual religion. YC is ordered by god to put stop to this, with any means necessary... but will he/she be able to keep their own faith when he/she sees the vision of freedom MC presents to YC?

[Warlock who strives toward a wish] x Patron who loses eternal life if the wish is granted
Setting: medieval fantasy

The End is coming. The boundaries that kept the realm separate from the void is growing faint - the signs that are mentioned in the prophecies are appearing all over the world. It will be a year before the Black Serpent awakes and tears through into the world, annihilating all that lives within. MC is a sage respected by many, who, after decades of searching through the old tomes, find a way to make a pact with YC. YC, after being summoned, asks for a wish to be granted in exchange for MC's soul, and MC asks YC to wield YC's legendary weapon against the Black Serpent so that the world may have a hope of being saved when the time comes. YC refuses, for the weapon is not a normal weapon: it turns any god who wields it into a mortal (and mortals cannot wield it at all). MC, instead, asks for one year to persuade YC otherwise, so that they may travel the world together and see that this world is worth protecting. YC accepts, and so the journey begins...

[A sea captain who is haunted by storms wherever he goes] x A mermaid who can calm the storms
Setting: high seas

MC is a pirate captain with a dark past: he once raided and plundered a sea god's temple and killed all the priestesses. Because of this, he has been cursed by the sea god, and now a storm follows him wherever he sails. But MC is a bitter captain: although he dreams of a clear sky, he is not a bit regretful at all about what he did. One day, while he is going on his pirate ways and plundering merchant ships, he discovers that the merchant ship he plundered have mermaids in cages. YC is one of the mermaids captured, but YC has a special power most other mermaids don't: to calm the storms, at least while the sun is up. MC decides to sell the mermaids to the nobles as soon as he hits the shore, but YC persuades MC to let the other mermaids go in exchange for helping him reach a fabled artifact: the Border Coin. Rumored to be at the end of the world, the Border Coin has the power to undo one event in the past, according to legends passed down by the mermaids. MC accepts, and they set sail toward the end of the world.

-----------------------------
That's it for now. I'll add more ideas as I come up with it.
Thanks for reading so far, and have a great day. :)

Last edited:
I'm interested in one with you. The ideas were interesting enough, and I definitely like the fantasy stuff. I'm interested in any of your original ideas, and am more than willing to help with world building, if you want me to shoot you a PM. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back