• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OP, The Untold Tales! (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I used to think the same way and then I started using it for OOC and it's far better. It's less a message board where people slowly interact and more of a fluid hangout/chatroom where you get to know the other people much better than a RPN OOC. I can't stress how much better it is for OOC lol. I will have one setup over here too but I don't think it'll be very lively.
Oh and Eko, it's also much easier to make announcements. There's an @Everyone function + pinned messages & polls are easy to do with reactions. It really is better. I'd heavily suggest it but it's not required.
I disagree because it makes it a lot easier to miss important things when there's 300+ new messages every day. Also I've noticed some people can get worryingly clingy due to the personal nature of discord.

I disagree because it makes it a lot easier to miss important things when there's 300+ new messages every day. Also I've noticed some people can get worryingly clingy due to the personal nature of discord.

I agree with #2 but #1 can be fixed by making an announcement channel, which is what I'll do (now that you have me thinking about that point).

That said about #2, people only get clingy if you're one of those people who plays into it you know. And from what I can tell our group is all mature, adult, not the "shippy" kids that can sometimes get a little weird.

All that said, it's optional. Do as you'd like. I'm sure you can be a very valuable member of the RP even if your OOC presence isn't a big one.

Yeah for me when OOC is on RPN i always end up with issues when i don't get updates and miss giant swathes of discussion.

See I find it whenever OOC is somewhere else it gets way more cluttered, disorganized and then vast amounts of discussion you have to ply through to see if it means anything or not. Generally site OOC is better.

Not when you don't get updates which RPN is notorious for.

Been looking for a One Piece game for a bit so I finally dropped a character, just a heads up, since the intcheck originally said more males needed that's what I did.

Now that's a chin of a hero. European Chivalry had the chin emphasized for a reason! It is the symbol of a strong, honest and mighty individual.

Zerohex Zerohex YOU EVEN WATER-PROOFED THE POMPADOUR!? Man, cool dude.

Yanno, fair enough point. But now I suppose the real other question is who is a manly enough hair-dresser for this Young Lion? Or does he mostly take care of it himself?

Zerohex Zerohex

Accepted aside from the conquerers Haki. Trying to avoid that because it's kind of a "protagonist" thing in a RP setting imo. Also, I can send you a discord invite if you'd like.

Yanno, fair enough point. But now I suppose the real other question is who is a manly enough hair-dresser for this Young Lion? Or does he mostly take care of it himself?

Shit, should add "hairdressing" to his skills. Good catch.

Zerohex Zerohex

Accepted aside from the conquerers Haki. Trying to avoid that because it's kind of a "protagonist" thing in a RP setting imo. Also, I can send you a discord invite if you'd like.

Right sure, I put it there as a joke because "I AM THE STRONGEST!" and listed armament right after. And besides it's not like it's a purely protagonist exclusive thing by this point but yea it is kind of a big deal anyway. Oh btw the discord invite on the intcheck is dead so yeah I'll take a link.

Last edited:
Shit, should add "hairdressing" to his skills. Good catch.

Right sure, I put it there as a joke because "I AM THE STRONGEST!" and listed armament right after. And besides it's not like it's a purely protagonist exclusive thing by this point but yea it is kind of a big deal anyway. Oh btw the discord invite on the intcheck is dead so yeah I'll take a link.

Oh ok, good to know that it was tongue in cheek. Just wanted to make sure.

Here's a link to the server.

Right so I'm just going to come out and say it. There were activities done in the discord by a certain player (Eldrid) that I do not agree with, nor do I agree with how it was handled by the GM. Beyond that I have found it annoying that every activity would be surrounded by a GMPC and that the PCs could not venture out of those bounds without risking losing some interaction. With that I bid this game farewell, Ray Spray sailing for bluer seas.

Right so I'm just going to come out and say it. There were activities done in the discord by a certain player (Eldrid) that I do not agree with, nor do I agree with how it was handled by the GM. Beyond that I have found it annoying that every activity would be surrounded by a GMPC and that the PCs could not venture out of those bounds without risking losing some interaction. With that I bid this game farewell, Ray Spray sailing for bluer seas.

What ridiculous things to say. How has anything IC had anything to do with my character outside of his own isolated interactions with a couple PCs? If you want a sandbox RP, don't join one described as an "episode style RP". Of course I brought people together to the restaurant, that way we could interact with people. You chose to go on some weird lonesome tangent with your character and for three posts you avoided interaction with others, then complain that there's not interactions. LOL.

About what happened with the other user, not only is it ridiculous to call them out publicly like this but I handled the issue and he won't be making jokes like that. If you have a problem with him "not liking traps because they're weird" then you'll have a problem with 99% of humans.

Have a good one.

Stargazers Stargazers Not sure what you're referring to by GMPC, and no restrictions were placed moving outside the bar...infact nobody even attempted to. It's hard to interact with your character monologuing to themselves somewhere out at sea far away from the location we were starting the RP, nobody was suddenly going to appear off the island in middle of the ocean when they were already in a scene at the bar.

The issue that came up with said player was a misunderstanding over him disliking certain tropes being played for jokes in anime that then got snowballed by misrepresenting and taking him out of context, proceeded by 6 hours of certain people berating him on Discord even after multiple people asked it to be dropped including the GM. We established we were moving past it and not bringing it up again anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back