• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OP, The Untold Tales! (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Agreed this got unusually heated for something as basic as manga discussion.
And my bad for spoiling you Eldrid I assumed anyone participating in a One Piece rp was gonna be an active reader, that wasn't cool of me.
I just got into it recently

Have you read Buso Renkin yet? Because if not, that's a really strong shonen manga as well.

EDIT: Also, I probably should have mentioned in my post, but high-proof methanol (wood alcohol) is a sterilizing agent distinct from ethanol. The more you know!

Though there also exists the chance that other stuff has been mixed with it since then as can happen in the less reputable bars that water down drinks or mix them with other stuff. Hence best to leave it IC to the actual Doctor.

Mitch Conner Mitch Conner

Seeing as you're involved in the medical scene and not in the server much Imma let you know here. After the medical scene is over I'm gonna advance things. You'll be able to bring your captives to the marine base during the small time skip from day to night that will take place.

It's cool already had a thing to take care of that in the works.
Plus it looks like we're not actually roleplaying the surgery? I'd assumed it'd be more of a Black Jack thing but it kinda feels like we're just lost here.

Surgery was going to be Docs post, the area was to be fully cleaned by Dan and then it goes down with various help, just kinda waiting for posts tbh so it jumped around.

Last edited:
It's cool already had a thing to take care of that in the works.
Plus it looks like we're not actually roleplaying the surgery? I'd assumed it'd be more of a Black Jack thing but it kinda feels like we're just lost here.

Yeah the surgery is something that's hard to RP. Hmmm...

I'll leave it to the group to figure out though. Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler as this is your scene with others helping I'll leave it to you to figure out the best way to write it. And if others have feedback they can give that's all the better.

Yeah people are going to do what Doctor says, so has full permission to RP Wick doing what you ask for the most part when you get around to posting.

Honestly my advice when playing doctor types is that you basically have two routes:
Either you can have your guy do vaguely normal real-world medical stuff but in a flashy, cool way that makes it look effortless like that one Lupin episode where Goemon does open heart surgery with a katana midair, or that one chapter where Black Jack fights off wild dingoes with his scalpel while he pieces his intestines back together.
Or you can have the maladies in question be absolutely crazy shit like the classic evil talking tumor face and giant parasites that have to be wrestled out of someone's body like they're carnivorous fish, like in Trauma Center and, yeah, Black Jack again it's a really good series you guys.

Funny story on the subject of Black Jack: Tezuka was a med student and he told people the best thing to do when writing medical fiction is to ignore medicine entirely and go balls to the wall crazy, because either you'll be so accurate it's boring or sloppy enough to make you look like an idiot. This is why all the drama in medical dramas comes from people having sex with each other in the break room, rather than actual medicine.

Honestly my advice when playing doctor types is that you basically have two routes:
Either you can have your guy do vaguely normal real-world medical stuff but in a flashy, cool way that makes it look effortless like that one Lupin episode where Goemon does open heart surgery with a katana midair, or that one chapter where Black Jack fights off wild dingoes with his scalpel while he pieces his intestines back together.
Or you can have the maladies in question be absolutely crazy shit like the classic evil talking tumor face and giant parasites that have to be wrestled out of someone's body like they're carnivorous fish, like in Trauma Center and, yeah, Black Jack again it's a really good series you guys.

Funny story on the subject of Black Jack: Tezuka was a med student and he told people the best thing to do when writing medical fiction is to ignore medicine entirely and go balls to the wall crazy, because either you'll be so accurate it's boring or sloppy enough to make you look like an idiot. This is why all the drama in medical dramas comes from people having sex with each other in the break room, rather than actual medicine.
Dude please don't tell other people how to play their characters.

He's not tho, it's actually legitimately solid advice. Grounded on Osamu Tezuka's experiences that led directly to one of his seminal works that's still influential in depictions of "medicine" in manga and anime. You uh, you do know who Osamu Tezuka is, right?

Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler So are you gonna post your big doctoring thing anytime soon or, if not, can I just wrap this up?
Because it kinda seems like all the characters who you called over to assist your character have lost interest and are now either drinking heavily or engaging in street performer routines.

They have been helping out and those posts were more after it, rather than making others wait, so their post will likely include what those that were helping actually did. There is also a big post coming up due to the upcoming timeskip a group of people are working on getting there scene hammered out so it doesnt get cut off.

Yeah i think so, People are still forming together and getting to know each other....but Jets the GM so i guess he can confirm.

Letting everyone know I'm no longer going to be playing Sylvana and instead will create a new character. Move onwards with your posts and the new character will be joining shortly when he gets Jet's approval.

While I appreciate the offer, needing help in writing Sylvana wasn't the problem, it was the me losing inspiration in her as a character that was. Don't worry though, I really love how this new character is coming along and I think you guys might like him.

Abilities:
  • Haki Affinity
  • Snake Weapon Training
  • Outdoor Survival
  • Tailoring and Design
  • Kuja Conditioning
  • Animal Handling
  • Supernatural Attractiveness
So I just wanted to point out this definitely wasn't there when the game started. Especially considering there was a very long series of arguments that hinged on the fact that this ability was never listed on your character sheet and was, in fact, considered an unfair ability to have in general that resulted in four (4) special rules made to nerf it. Which you argued in favor of.
PlusUltra PlusUltra I get that you really didn't like the idea that my character was better at doing something than yours, and I'm sure you've already gotten permission from Jet Jet to add new abilities onto your sheet, but if you're going to crib stuff from my character sheet I'd ask that you to credit me for it at least. That's just basic etiquette.

Its been a thing from start with the character, i just never listed it as an ability, besides hers is a realistic/weaker Hancock version rather than mind control. Hence the entire Cute vs Hot thing, Child vs Model

It's been a thing that wasn't listed on your character sheet and now it is after it became evident my character had something yours did not.
Cite me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back