• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OP, The Untold Tales! (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Yeah its fine, Doctor asked about Sterile Environment for a Patient and that seemed to by right down your alley

Fun fact: There's actually no way to distinguish appendicitis from a bad stomach flu short of palpating the effected area (which you shouldn't do as it could cause a rupturing of the appendix and/or the cyst attached to it) or using x-rays/MRI/what have you. The symptoms are, for the layman without specialized equipment, functionally identical! This is why it's generally better to make up fantasy diseases for doctoring characters. Exotic parasites are especially fun! Source: Medical student.

Also Fun Fact: Convicted criminals are called convicted criminals because they've been convicted of a crime in a court of law! This means they've already had a court trial, and have been found guilty, or "convicted"! Source: Not a law student, I just know what words mean.

Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler BlightGiver BlightGiver

Fun Fact: One Piece Convicts dont get a fair trial once captured other than how long and what jail they go to, the World Goverment and Marines are REALLY corrupt outside a few good people.

Brilliant point! Clearly this is a dark, gritty world devoid of justice, where you should solve problems with force like cavemen!
Let's all practice our primal screams!

Brilliant point! Clearly this is a dark, gritty world devoid of justice, where you should solve problems with force like cavemen!
Let's all practice our primal screams!
Why are you acting like a condescending know it all? No one asked for you to act this way. PlusUltra was just pointing out a valid, canine observation.

What laws have the straw hats broken other than being pirates (other than defending themselves from the marines)?

Look, I'm sure we can all agree that the likes of Big Mom and Kaido are absolute pillars of morality that should be allowed to run completely unchecked and we should absolutely tear down a corrupt-but-functioning organization staffed by for the most part well-meaning people that stands as the sole opposition to them, so let's not have a whole big argument over it.

Look, I'm sure we can all agree that the likes of Big Mom and Kaido are absolute pillars of morality that should be allowed to run completely unchecked and we should absolutely tear down a corrupt-but-functioning organization staffed by for the most part well-meaning people, so let's not have a whole big argument over it.
Oh so two people define a whole group of people? Two can play at that. Pirates are all good, look at white beard and shanks.

Excellent point! 2/4 of the yonko were basically decent people, except that one of them is a hobo that doesn't hold any territory and the other is dead.

Problem with trying to chime in with that is that you already effectively did that, bud. Bringing up the Straw Hats. Who are not in any way, shape or form an example of a common pirate. And have in fact been met with outright hostility at times because they call themselves pirates. Like how you'd react poorly to anyone calling himself a mobster or such.

Excellent point! 2/4 of the yonko were basically decent people, except that one of them is a hobo that doesn't hold any territory and the other is dead.
Problem with trying to chime in with that is that you already effectively did that, bud. Bringing up the Straw Hats. Who are not in any way, shape or form an example of a common pirate. And have in fact been met with outright hostility at times because they call themselves pirates. Like how you'd react poorly to anyone calling himself a mobster or such.
Thank you both for another pointless argument and bringing reality into a Roleplay I'm trying to use to ESCAPE reality with.

You know though, that's actually a recurring theme in One Piece that all the major organizations are being eaten from the inside out by their new blood. Garp/Whitebeard's generation are all pretty much without exception the coolest guys ever, and then as they get younger they become more assholish/misguided, like Donflamingo's dad being the nicest world noble ever and Donflamingo is a slaver that runs a dictatorship where people are forced to fight for his amusement and bankrolls large-scale human experimentation.
Or Whitebeard getting killed by Blackbeard and losing his Yonko spot.
Or Garp getting sidelined and put on as a training instructor while all the good guy admirals/Z ditch once Akainu gets promoted.
Or like every member of the Worst Generation save Law and Luffy being, well, the worst.

And then you've also got little places where decent people Luffy's helped, either knowingly or unknowingly, put into power show up, like Smoker, Coby or Vivi, which really sells the idea that the Straw Hats are this big, setting-altering force not because of what they personally do but because of the people they help/antagonize.

You know though, that's actually a recurring theme in One Piece that all the major organizations are being eaten from the inside out by their new blood. Garp/Whitebeard's generation are all pretty much without exception the coolest guys ever, and then as they get younger they become more assholish/misguided, like Donflamingo's dad being the nicest world noble ever and Donflamingo is a slaver that runs a dictatorship where people are forced to fight for his amusement and bankrolls large-scale human experimentation.
Or Whitebeard getting killed by Blackbeard and losing his Yonko spot.
Or Garp getting sidelined and put on as a training instructor while all the good guy admirals/Z ditch once Akainu gets promoted.
Or like every member of the Worst Generation save Law and Luffy being, well, the worst.

And then you've also got little places where decent people Luffy's helped, either knowingly or unknowingly, put into power show up, like Smoker, Coby or Vivi, which really sells the idea that the Straw Hats are this big, setting-altering force not because of what they personally do but because of the people they help/antagonize.
Thanks for spoiling shit, I haven't gotten past punk hazard yet.

Oh no wait right the little bits of Doflamingo's Wild Ride. Yeah that's like, the little bit at the top of the tip of the iceberg but yeah spoilers.

Ite stop it everyone please. From now on just don't interact with people if it's going to be a shit vibe argument. This RP has had enough drama already and I'm starting to feel like drastic measures are the only ones that will work, like an enforced time out where people are literally banned from interacting with each other. Because no one has really done anything worthy of a boot but at the same time this cancerous shit will ruin the RP. So stop.

Agreed this got unusually heated for something as basic as manga discussion.
And my bad for spoiling you Eldrid I assumed anyone participating in a One Piece rp was gonna be an active reader, that wasn't cool of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back