• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [OOC] Titans Chat

Just throwing this out there: the groups you are being introduced with are not your official teams. They're just how I'm getting you quickly into the setting.

Winter Saint Winter Saint Retro-Grey Retro-Grey Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot You are the last three still making characters. Obviously, only two of you are Titans. As for the Titans, I wanted to introduce four of you in the next cycle, but you two are still working. As for the Hatter, that just needs... done. Yeah. Either way, pressure's getting on. I don't like to make others wait. That's why I broke this up into groups as it is.

This is where I would introduce the next cycle, however, I'm still waiting on two CS's. Given there has been ample time to turn them in, I'm going to set a hard deadline for 9/13/17 10 PM EST before I move on. Winter Saint Winter Saint Retro-Grey Retro-Grey This is you two.

Should Scyleia's training montage be with or without PDDs? With will mean Google for me. Without will mean me making shit up. Preference?

Randomfella Randomfella Epiphany Epiphany Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie ShadowBroker ShadowBroker The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Life. Life. BainOfBridges BainOfBridges Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire sitanomoto sitanomoto Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

Alright, I'm just linking everyone for good measure. It appears that everyone across the board is having difficulties piecing together the information for the physical tests, so I'm going to post a few standards for comparison.

Bench Press, Squat - This site is effective: Bench Press Standards for Men and Women (lb) - Strength Level

Sit-Up, Push-Up - This site is effective: Push Up Test: Home fitness tests

Pull-Up - Scroll down to the chart on this site: How Many Pull-ups Should I Be Able To Do?

Punches per Minute - This is a tricky one because it's to a bag. Believe it or not, this is an endurance feat, not a strength or speed feat. There are records of upwards of 800 closed-handed punches, but most of them are simply weak and fast. The number I'm looking for here is in the 30 - 90 range for most of you. Some characters are trained, so it would make sense for them to do more than one-per-second. Without training, specifically in boxing or light-handed strikes, I doubt anyone is going to do more than one-per-second. For anyone curious, this allows the use of both hands in a circular motion. For anyone just wanting to get it done, shoot for 40.

100 Meter Dash - 10 - 16 seconds, roughly.

One-Mile Runs - 7- 10 minutes, roughly.

Jab force - Another tricky one. Professional boxers get 300+ lb of force regularly. In fact, they can go up to 1,000 lb of force. You are not professionals. For untrained characters, the force should be between 50 - 100lb of force. Again, force is directly related to weight and muscle mass.

Side kick force - The final tricky one. The force of a kick is indefinitely higher than that of a punch. More weight, but it also has more factors, like distance traveled and where it connects. For instance, a proper kick in soccer will have more force at the focal point of the ball than a side kick because a soccer player is concentrating all of their force in a long arch in the most distal point of their leg, the foot. So, I'm going to simplify this for you: your kick should be about 2.2x your jab.

Some final notes: try to make these fit your CS's. The first steps will be considering just how fit your character is and their weight. Not hard. No one is a couch potato here, most if you should be about average. Some, a little more trained and a little more fit. So, you should be looking at averages right in the middle or a little above. As for weight, again, not hard to pick. Lastly, don't overthink these numbers. They mean nothing right now, but they will later. When you begin to train and develop, they will be used as reference points. One piece of advice, however, is not to make them too even. For instance, the stats BainofBridges gave for Steve aren't bad or off at all:

Bench Press, max weight: 40 kg
Weighted Squat, max weight: 55 kg
Sit-Ups, per minute: 34
Push-Ups, per minute: 15
Pull-Ups, per minute: 6
Punches to bag, per minute: 93
100-meter dash, timed: 13.98
1-Mile run, timed: 8:19
Jab, total force: 85lbs of force/pressure
Side kick, total force: 200lbs of force

But, they are unnaturally even. If only for storytelling purposes, try to stagger them out. I don't care if you even use decimals to do it.

Hullo everyone, it's been a pleasure reading everyone's writing so far, and I just hope to provide similar enjoyment.

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Do you want me to jump right in with Q, or arrive at the front gates?

Urgh! I'm so sorry, I'm back, I was stolen away for 3 nights' stay out in the middle of nowhere. It was great, but there wasn't even enough cell reception to send a text, much less pull down Data. I'm back now, and a response is my first priority.

Epiphany Epiphany

Not sure if I forgot to mention it, but Huge was already cooking some rice for himself. Is she making a second plate of rice or you accidentally forgot of this?

Just checking, since you actually didn't mention it I thought you might as well had missed it. :)

Epiphany Epiphany

Not sure if I forgot to mention it, but Huge was already cooking some rice for himself. Is she making a second plate of rice or you accidentally forgot of this?

Just checking, since you actually didn't mention it I thought you might as well had missed it. :)

She's making rice for the table. Huge is welcome to it or not as he pleases. Thanks for checking!

Uh, I haven't been getting any notifications about mentions, or activity in my watched threads since the update. I'll be able to post tomorrow!

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie Randomfella Randomfella

Waiting for you to push things along, although I guess it doesn't matter if people are enjoying the side-posting.

Epiphany Epiphany sitanomoto sitanomoto Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Also, waiting on you guys to start your sub-plotline... it's intentionally early.

Aaaand, LifeNovel has decided to drop out with Beastie. We continue on as normal, just as before. (A few unfortunate drop-outs is expected and acceptable. Always happens, which is why I made contingencies for it).

But, we will get one more player after this last round whom I will expedite through the process, so no harm no foul here.

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie Randomfella Randomfella

Waiting for you to push things along, although I guess it doesn't matter if people are enjoying the side-posting.

Epiphany Epiphany sitanomoto sitanomoto Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Also, waiting on you guys to start your sub-plotline... it's intentionally early.

Aaaand, LifeNovel has decided to drop out with Beastie. We continue on as normal, just as before. (A few unfortunate drop-outs is expected and acceptable. Always happens, which is why I made contingencies for it).

But, we will get one more player after this last round whom I will expedite through the process, so no harm no foul here.

Didn't get a notification for the last two mentions, kind of strange, will get to posting now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back