• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice OOC: The Underways of Gethamane

Main
Here
Lore
Here
Truth be told, the main reason Snow Blossom hasn't activated Ancient Tongue Understanding is because, well, she doesn't know how to read/write. All of the traditions of her tribe where handed down orally. To her, these scribbling are just that, and she doesn't yet understand that they could/should have a meaning, nor that her Occult charm could be a solution to it.

Also, as a ST, always expect players to do differently than you think they will... It was a hard lesson for me to learn.

Did I miss where you said your character is illiterate? Sorry about that.

I never said it directly, but she does come from a small tribe, and never really settled in a city, town or even a village. She was always just a brief visitor. I guess it's my fault for not making it clearer.

I never said it directly, but she does come from a small tribe, and never really settled in a city, town or even a village. She was always just a brief visitor. I guess it's my fault for not making it clearer.

You still don't have an official backstory, you have a major positive tie to the people of Whitewall. The unofficial backstory I've got sitting in my message box says your people traded with Whitewall.

Yes, I realize Linguistics 0 means you can't read.

If you'd please, at least put your backstory up.

Last edited:
It's an actual unknown language. The glyphs don't have any notable link to another language, including even the language being a precursor to any language you know or can recognize.

As a longer term project, sure. You've had around ten minutes of exposure to a portion of an unknown language.

I'd need 30-40 successes to brute force something you don't even have a key to decipher it from.

But yes, you can shoot for it.

If you want to try one big roll, minimum difficulty at this point would be 10 to get any understanding of it.

Sooo, with all these successes and even more on the way, do I get to add a long dead language that I know to my character sheet? ^_^

Experience Received 9/29/18
Color me impressed.

Do you have a fact you're introducing then, or are you just challenging that it's unknown?

Excellency cannot double your specialty, so I do have to take away a die. Sucks that your last and third to last die are both 10s, since one of those is normally what I'd take (either the last die, or the last die before stunt). So 12 successes

Bottomless Wellspring does not say that it's free success is non-Charm like Harmonious does, so technically I should remove two more dice for a free success, but we'll ignore that for this roll. Do note that for the future, however. +1 success, 13 successes

We'll call that the edge of a two point stunt, so 1 more success, and you can have your WP point back. 14 successes

Willpower +1 success. 15 successes

Harmonious, +1 success. 16 successes

Threshold was 10, so doubling the six remaining gives 12. I really need to know what your new fact is, or challenging. Changes what I write.

Also, +2 Solar Experience to everyone for Role Bonus. I'd give Duenan the Expression bonus too, but your post didn't actually reveal anything about you. Perhaps the post after what you learn comes up.

Last edited:
I will introduce the fact that it is a little known variant of Old Realm, long forgotten except for a few tattered remnants that I have come across in my studies before.

BTW, thanks for the breakdown of the roll. Sorry for any mistakes there.

Smells like autochthon followers of one flavor or another. Sadly I know nothing about any of that lore, as the alchemicals mechanics were too off putting to me.

Edit: Given the location though, best guess at writer is Mountain Folk worker/commoner as the perspective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back