• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] The Best Laid Plans of Gods and Men

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Depends on what he's revealing, to whom, and why. A lot of what determines the severity of a task is context. Persuading him to reveal everything he knows, even the stuff that doesn't necessarily paint him in a good light, to a total stranger, in a public setting, definitely sounds like a life changing task.
Ah. I didn't really think about it like that, how the way he was able to get into the forbidden zone might not reflect well on him.

Depends on what he's revealing, to whom, and why. A lot of what determines the severity of a task is context. Persuading him to reveal everything he knows, even the stuff that doesn't necessarily paint him in a good light, to a total stranger, in a public setting, definitely sounds like a life changing task.
Is it okay if I write Shi-Vash as figuring this out over the course of her conversation with Bright Pearl?

In terms of what to do now, one idea that just occurred to me was to have Shi-Vash use Name-Pilfering Practice - she's still got two unselected Charms - to take on Factor Mai's name and use that to get a private meeting with Bright Pearl, in which case he'll hopefully be more willing to talk. Otherwise, I can't think of much else besides kidnapping and questioning him in a private location. :closed eyes open smile:

In terms of what to do now, one idea that just occurred to me was to have Shi-Vash use Name-Pilfering Practice
The Sidereal rolls (Wits + Larceny) against the Resolve of a character within short range to steal his name — or one of the names he goes by, if there’s more than one. Sobriquets, like “the Roseblack” or an Abyssal’s title, can also be stolen.
Unless you can get Factor Mai within Short range, that one won't fly, but it's a clever idea! You can of course steal Cowrie's Song's name if you'd like to speak to Bright Pearl, or simply use the Resplendent Destiny of an important captain, financier, government official, etc.
Is it okay if I write Shi-Vash as figuring this out over the course of her conversation with Bright Pearl?
This is the sort of thing I would expect Shi-Vash to be well aware of going in - She's Manipulation 5, so understanding the various reasons why someone might be hesitant to reveal information and what leverage is required to bypass those obstacles is second nature to her. You can absolutely write your character any way you please, though, and her understanding can certainly be intuitive and unfold over a conversation.

This is the sort of thing I would expect Shi-Vash to be well aware of going in - She's Manipulation 5, so understanding the various reasons why someone might be hesitant to reveal information and what leverage is required to bypass those obstacles is second nature to her.
I'm thinking that she'd be aware of possible reasons, but would know not to assume until she'd met the man and interacted with him herself. If he's reluctant to tell the full story...well, she'll figure that out at the very least, no matter how badly he tries to hide it.

Just checking, are you waiting on me? In my head Shi-Vash needs to do something to get Bright Pearl's attention, or justify why he should want to talk to this stranger when he's already surrounded by people trying to get his attention. It doesn't have to be fancy, and she has a lot of tools at her disposal - she can plausibly adopt all sorts of Resplendent Destinies she might have spent quite a while building up, or a totally new one, or simply lean on her striking appearance and skill at manipulation to bluff her way into his inner circle.

Just checking, are you waiting on me? In my head Shi-Vash needs to do something to get Bright Pearl's attention, or justify why he should want to talk to this stranger when he's already surrounded by people trying to get his attention. It doesn't have to be fancy, and she has a lot of tools at her disposal - she can plausibly adopt all sorts of Resplendent Destinies she might have spent quite a while building up, or a totally new one, or simply lean on her striking appearance and skill at manipulation to bluff her way into his inner circle.
Oh, no, sorry. Just been a bit preoccupied with other stuff.

I was supposed to come here and say I was going to be busy when I became busy, but then I became so busy I forgot to do that, so my apologies 😅. I will try my best to get back to this soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back