• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC: Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot!]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Awww, yeah hi Liam!
I will probably end up learning some about Hockey too as we go on, since I plan to have Felix and Jack interact on it at some point. Felix getting to learn to play properly.
Yeah before I decided to do research I was righting the first posts of Asher interacting with Jack and trying to describe things without the proper terms just felt off so I looked things up rewrote it and it felt much better.

And yeah Felix needs to help break jack out of his shell lol. Honestly I think Felix might have an easier time than some others doing so because they are into very similar things and such their biggest differences being polar opposite personalities.

Yeah before I decided to do research I was righting the first posts of Asher interacting with Jack and trying to describe things without the proper terms just felt off so I looked things up rewrote it and it felt much better.

And yeah Felix needs to help break jack out of his shell lol. Honestly I think Felix might have an easier time than some others doing so because they are into very similar things and such their biggest differences being polar opposite personalities.
Yeah I can see Felix helping him a lot. Both being able to really get into sporty stuff, playing some bball, and the two pushing each other outside. Felix likely diving in to learn more about hockey when he does eventually catch Jack playing.

Only issue is just that Asher and Jack are hanging out, and Felix is keeping himself in a wide-exclusion zone from The Jerk™️ whenever he can help it.

Yeah I can see Felix helping him a lot. Both being able to really get into sporty stuff, playing some bball, and the two pushing each other outside. Felix likely diving in to learn more about hockey when he does eventually catch Jack playing.

Only issue is just that Asher and Jack are hanging out, and Felix is keeping himself in a wide-exclusion zone from The Jerk™️ whenever he can help it.
Yeah that is true and while I see Asher and Felix making up eventually that's probably a decent amount down the line for multiple reasons. One being Felix avoiding him. Two Asher is still growing and is still going to be his old self at times. Three Asher is not ready for another moment like he had with Jack when trying to make up for what he did. Plus I really don't think it has really hit Asher how mean he was to Felix yet.

Yea you’re right. If anything, Felix might relate most to Jack since they are pretty sporty kids. I feel like Felix might take an interest in hockey when he sees Jack outside shooting pucks into the net alone. Eventually I'm sure Felix will go out there and talk to Jack one of these days, and if all goes well, maybe someday a friendship can form.

I feel like if Felix got close enough with Jack and got Jack to be comfortable enough around him, Jack would be more than happy to teach and mentor Felix in the game of hockey.

But that's a good point about the Asher stuff. Now Jack feels less weird and uncomfortable around Asher, and Asher might be seen hanging around Jack a bit more now. Felix obviously will want to avoid the bully who was such a jerk to him, so maybe Jack is a no-go for now lol.

I can just see a moment tho when Jack and Felix are finally hanging out and their tired from playing hard taking a break. Then Felix just asking something along the lines of "why do you hang out with that jerk?"

Yeah that is true and while I see Asher and Felix making up eventually that's probably a decent amount down the line for multiple reasons. One being Felix avoiding him. Two Asher is still growing and is still going to be his old self at times. Three Asher is not ready for another moment like he had with Jack when trying to make up for what he did. Plus I really don't think it has really hit Asher how mean he was to Felix yet.
Yeeeeeah, it might be quite a while, but I do hope they make up.
But yeah not only is Felix avoiding Asher. Not only is Asher completely oblivious to how his own actions were.

Whenever Ash eventually does realise how much he's now hated, and goes to resolve it - he's gonna need a different approach to getting Felix's favour. Felix is stubborn - and trying to offer him a Teddybear at the door isn't going to make it up to him. He just see's Asher as a bully now and in his mind nothing really excuses that in his mind.

Yea you’re right. If anything, Felix might relate most to Jack since they are pretty sporty kids. I feel like Felix might take an interest in hockey when he sees Jack outside shooting pucks into the net alone. Eventually I'm sure Felix will go out there and talk to Jack one of these days, and if all goes well, maybe someday a friendship can form.

I feel like if Felix got close enough with Jack and got Jack to be comfortable enough around him, Jack would be more than happy to teach and mentor Felix in the game of hockey.

But that's a good point about the Asher stuff. Now Jack feels less weird and uncomfortable around Asher, and Asher might be seen hanging around Jack a bit more now. Felix obviously will want to avoid the bully who was such a jerk to him, so maybe Jack is a no-go for now lol.
Felix would defiantly take interest in seeing Jack playing hockey outside. Going out and likely trying to strike up a conversation about it. (Even though I don't know a thing, Felix would know the basic's proberbly recognise The Shark's jersey, ect)
Jack hasn't done anything to Felix, so he wont avoid him - just avoid Asher while he's hanging around him.

I can just see a moment tho when Jack and Felix are finally hanging out and their tired from playing hard taking a break. Then Felix just asking something along the lines of "why do you hang out with that jerk?"
...Yeeeeaaah. That might happen.

Exactly, I can totally see that happening lol

Felix would defiantly take interest in seeing Jack playing hockey outside. Going out and likely trying to strike up a conversation about it. (Even though I don't know a thing, Felix would know the basic's proberbly recognise The Shark's jersey, ect)
Jack hasn't done anything to Felix, so he wont avoid him - just avoid Asher while he's hanging around him.
Yea makes sense. And yea, if anything, Felix would come see Jack first. Jack would just be alone practicing hockey maybe in his Sharks jersey, and Felix comes up to him- of course warranting that Asher isn't around lol.

Hello! I'm sorry you guys have had to wait so much for me, I was at work! ;-;
No no your fine I just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't want to post further until you could get involved. I am excited to see your characters in action and am eager to have you involved In the game.

No no your fine I just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't want to post further until you could get involved. I am excited to see your characters in action and am eager to have you involved In the game.
This Miaow Miaow , a lot of us can get excited and just want to post-and-post-and-post. But that's not really fair on you. So we're trying to put the breaks on a bit, give you actual time.
I have no idea really what to expect from your characters yet, so it should be pretty interesting - I am looking forward to it. :D

I also don't know what to expect from my characters haha, also I really wanna yoink that code you guys have with the little thing in the corner

The minimalist status box I've been using, or the more complex one Kai uses? (that is technically the original, mine is just a minimalist adaption because I wanted something simpler and more mobile friendly)

oh gosh ive totally fallen behind on this rp. honestly its a little overwhelming? i always get a little overwhelmed when i have to try and jump back into things ;;;

Well that's kinda why we wanted to do the timeskip and pause. We hoped it might make it easier >.<

Yeah sorry about that Mika I realized we got a little carried away gonna try to do better about that that's why I thought the time skip would be a good idea it help reset things a bit.

But then you might just fall behind more? 😟
this is a very good point---

how about... ill read over everything thats happened since the skip. that seems a lot more manageable. and then--i am a little frazzled so apologies for that--is dez spoken for? and if not does anyone want her?

We can provide a summery of what happened beforehand if you want?

As for after the timeskip here, there is only like 7 posts total including the timeskip itself. 1 from Felix, 1 from Evelyn, 1 from Nathan, 2 from Jack, 1 from Asher.
The staff have called dinner in 15 minutes in the dinning area, to people are just wrapping up whatever they think their character would have been up to.

Nobody has 'claimed' Dez' right now so your kinda free.
Evelyn and Nathan are talking/signing upstairs in the hallway/her oom about his 'sickness'. If you still wanted to apologise to Nate, you could join them as they go downstairs?

Felix is outside pushing the time limit to come inside by playing a few more shots of basket ball by himself.

Obviously Miaow Miaow 's characters are unspoken for.

Jack and Asher are talking upstairs.

Alternatively everybody will be heading to the dinning area obviously in the next couple of posts, so you can always have her go straight there if you want and get herself comfortable.

I've got the codes, thank you! The only issue is I now can't decide what to actually do with my characters, I'm kind of just staring at a blank slate right now haha

We can provide a summery of what happened beforehand if you want?

As for after the timeskip here, there is only like 7 posts total including the timeskip itself. 1 from Felix, 1 from Evelyn, 1 from Nathan, 2 from Jack, 1 from Asher.
The staff have called dinner in 15 minutes in the dinning area, to people are just wrapping up whatever they think their character would have been up to.

Nobody has 'claimed' Dez' right now so your kinda free.
Evelyn and Nathan are talking/signing upstairs in the hallway/her oom about his 'sickness'. If you still wanted to apologise to Nate, you could join them as they go downstairs?

Felix is outside pushing the time limit to come inside by playing a few more shots of basket ball by himself.

Obviously Miaow Miaow 's characters are unspoken for.

Jack and Asher are talking upstairs.

Alternatively everybody will be heading to the dinning area obviously in the next couple of posts, so you can always have her go straight there if you want and get herself comfortable.
Aaaa thank you!!! Yeah I saw it was actually very few posts and it was a massive relief lol I'd love a summary but I def don't need one :>

I've got the codes, thank you! The only issue is I now can't decide what to actually do with my characters, I'm kind of just staring at a blank slate right now haha
if you wanna throw one at dez im totally down for that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back