• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC: Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot!]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Huh pretty stylish. Definately more stylish than I was at that age :P
Loving it tho, and the painted nails ofc.

Yeah Liam does have a pretty keen sense of style. More than I did at that age. I think at that age I was pretty much just throwing on a pair of blue jeans or athletic shorts and whatever clean t-shirt I grabbed first.

I mean good on 'em tho. And hey if I end up doodling more pictures for Liam I can use the Sim as the reference!! :P

Was Liam playing the Sims, or did they just want you to make them in the Sims?

Lol yeah you now have a decent reference to what Liam looks like I was surprised how much like them Liam got it to look pretty much by themselves I just showed em how to do it and then went and did my own thing and an hour later they had that.

It started out as "Hey I wanna make myself in sims like how dawn made Felix "
But then Liam wanted to actually play so we sat down I showed em the ropes and then Liam played for far to long cause nobody told them to stop or when they needed to go to bed. As such Liam was still pla

Hehe. Who better to make a Sim of themselves than Liam themself!

That's pretty cool tho. I really love the Sims games, and pretty much own all of them back to the very first ones which I'd play when I was a kid. So the fact Liam also seemed to really get into it had me kinda smiling.

And oh well... Like at least if they're gonna stay up way too late playing a game, doing it on a Saturday isn't the worst, not like they've got school today!

Funny enough I was thinking about trying to build the whole Santa Monica home at some point, all the kids & teens plus Mrs Richardson (tho I have no reference or I think description for her appearance ) It'd take a while tho getting everyone right.

Lol yeah I've enjoyed the Sims games for a long time I don't think I have the fist one anymore but I have basically everything else. My only complaint with the Sims currently is I feel like in terms of freedom in things that were possible in the Sims kinda back tracked a bit in the Sims 4. I mean that has gotten better over time but I remember when I first got sims 4 I was like man I feel like I can do more even in sims 2 than I can in this but overall I think sims 4 is still the best sims game.

And yeah I don't play a lot of games but the Sims has always been something I loved so I was excited that Liam was interested and seemed to be having a good time.

There are definitely worse days Liam could stay up all night playing a game tho they are going out to the farm today but they can sleep more on the way and go back to bed when they get there if need be.

I have also considered doing the whole cast of Santa Monica I just haven't cause it seems like a huge undertaking. plus if I did I would feel obligated to add another person any time we introduced a new side character or anything lol but it could be fun

My only complaint with the Sims currently is I feel like in terms of freedom in things that were possible in the Sims kinda back tracked a bit in the Sims 4.
Oh no I fully get what you mean. One thing I really really miss, is in Sims 3 being able to have your sims all go out all over town and do different things. Have any part of the world loaded at a time. The kids can run to their friends house or the park, while at the same time the adult sims goes shopping. The teenager is at the beach and I can control all of them.

Now you have to like load the scenes separately instead of being able to run and control them simultaneously. Then the fact they stepped back on CAS, so we can't just custom color stuff now - we have to use the preset swatches.

There are definitely worse days Liam could stay up all night playing a game tho they are going out to the farm today but they can sleep more on the way and go back to bed when they get there if need be.
Sleepy farm time. I mean I assume Liam's still gonna be taking it easy anyway, sounds like Pops was also being protective about not overdoing it on farmwork so I don't imagine it'll be that big a problem. Might just collapse in bed when they get home tho. :)

Oh no I fully get what you mean. One thing I really really miss, is in Sims 3 being able to have your sims all go out all over town and do different things. Have any part of the world loaded at a time. The kids can run to their friends house or the park, while at the same time the adult sims goes shopping. The teenager is at the beach and I can control all of them.

Now you have to like load the scenes separately instead of being able to run and control them simultaneously. Then the fact they stepped back on CAS, so we can't just custom color stuff now - we have to use the preset swatches.
Yeah exactly I mean I love sims 4 but it just feels like we took a step back in some places which is disappointing.
Sleepy farm time. I mean I assume Liam's still gonna be taking it easy anyway, sounds like Pops was also being protective about not overdoing it on farmwork so I don't imagine it'll be that big a problem. Might just collapse in bed when they get home tho. :)
Haha yeah they still has to take it easy he doesn't have any chores that they are responsible for right now just due to him needing to get better so when he is helping a little here and there. They is just an extra pair of hands to drive a tractor or whatever.

We have hired extra help this year so if Liam needs sleep they can. They can do the stuff without Liam tho Liam is a great help and helps things go faster.

Yeah he has been oddly over protective lately I don't know why but he has

Yeah exactly I mean I love sims 4 but it just feels like we took a step back in some places which is disappointing.
Honestly these steps back actually made me avoid Sims 4 a lot for a while. I loved being able to send a sim out to say buy grocceries or something while the others did other things and it not interfere. The CAS stuff was a bummer but not that big a deal. Custom clothing and stuff can make up for lack of color choices. Was really fun tho being able to add any texture or logo to a t-shirt.

aha yeah they still has to take it easy he doesn't have any chores that they are responsible for right now just due to him needing to get better so when he is helping a little here and there. They is just an extra pair of hands to drive a tractor or whatever.

We have hired extra help this year so if Liam needs sleep they can. They can do the stuff without Liam tho Liam is a great help and helps things go faster.
Oh yeah of course an extra pair of hands will make things go faster. While Liam is say driving a tractor-load of stuff somewhere the others can get to work on something else, or at minimum prevent the need for someone to drop what they're doing to climb up and down and drive. But yeah Liam's still in recovery, might have some of their energy back and it is important they do some exercise and physical stuff to build back up their strength - but they still need to not overdo it.

If Liam needs to sit down and take a break, or nap - then sit them down! :)

Yeah I have had a pretty off and on relationship with sims 4 cause of it but I've gotten used to it and play pretty regularly now.

Yeah we keep a close eye on Liam cause like a lot of kids they don't always know when to take a break or when they need to stop we often have to tell Liam to go sit down cause otherwise they will work themselves to hard and we don't need that

I play sims 4 on and off. It is fun, just yeah. Miss some things from the older games.
Often spend longer making sims than playing sometimes tho. ;)

And yeah makes sense. As long as they still get to do some stuff, sitting around non-stop isn't gonna help Liam get their strength back. Not that you are, just yeah want 'em to get better again.

Yeah I totally get that I was the same way for a very long time I think I was just finally like okay whatever I'll play. Then I just got really invested in a family I was playing and so I just kept playing.

Oh yeah we still let and encourage them to do stuff we just have to watch for when they are pushing themselves too hard and such cause they will

Watching a family play, learn, fight. It's interesting and fun.
In my recent game I had one sim with a constant streak of bad luck getting fired from job-to-job from random events. Eventually go into freelance art work because of it.

Oh and I will try and get a post up for Ev' later today. Don't expect it to be a long one tho, just a update where she is.

Might have Ev' potentially send Nathan some text's in later posts in the evening here.
Just checking up on him and his crush-situation.

Yeah Liam does have a pretty keen sense of style. More than I did at that age. I think at that age I was pretty much just throwing on a pair of blue jeans or athletic shorts and whatever clean t-shirt I grabbed first.
Lol me too haha.

Hey Edric!

And yeah. I pretty much just throw on a t-shirt, hoodie and like... I don't know what to call them in the US.. Athletic sweat pants?

Hiya.

Uhh idk probably just "sweat pants" if we are thinking of the same thing?

Something like this I guess.
I know what we call them over here is not the same as what the US does.

11409-001_S.jpg

I'd say track pants. Idk what other Americans say tho, but I assume a good chunk of them would also say track pants.

Ahh okay.
In the UK I know them as 'joggers' or 'jogging trousers' but that's because the word pants also means different things here.

I had zero fashion fense at a kid tho. It was purely about comfort.

Then because of school uniforms, I also never had to think about what to wear. There wasn't a choice while at school.

Ah I see. Yea, I've heard you lot say "trousers" instead of pants and stuff like that. Interesting how much our languages differ haha.

Same here Dawn, literally me. I'd just pull out whatever the hell matched and slipped it on, calling it a day. It was plain, simple, and comfortable, that's how I rolled lol.

Oh and I still do that haha! I'll just put on a simple t-shirt these days and a pair of athletic shorts. Some things never change. I couldn't be bothered about fashion- I have ZERO fashion sense haha.

I have a little bit more fashion sense now - having a bit of a personal style. My headphone for example have become a bit of an accessory.

But unless im actively expecting visitors, or am going somewhere I'm still just gonna be in comfort mode. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back