OOC (Rebirth of Brilliance)

I need to come up with a cool name for an order of assassins.  Any thoughts?

I think we should keep it simple -- just a flat 50 normal XP at chargen.

Different subject.

I'm thinking of playing an archer Zenith with supernal Survival. She's a hunter and wanderer, with a hunting dog buffed up with Survival charms. I always did want to do the beastmaster build...

Yeah, if you don't mind, White Viper, my character's lover, will be a part of this order... unless you're playing a woman, in that case...

Yeah, if you don't mind, White Viper, my character's lover, will be a part of this order... unless you're playing a woman, in that case...

Yes, I'm playing a woman.  I'm trying to decide if I'm on the run or loyal to the order.

That would be one good way for us to know each other.  Sure.  That helps with trying to define my Intimacies. 

Since I'm still debating on my character's status in the order of assassins, what works for your character?  Am I being blackmailed to work for them, serving them loyally, or on the run from other assassins that are hunting me down?

How about you were doing a job to assassinate Million Blossoms (my character, a former noble) as her older siblings hired her. However, as you watched her closely to find an opening, you actually fell in love with her and warned her, as such you were deemed a traitor and were forced on the run. Mutually enamored with each other, you refused to let go, and so Million Blossoms left her venomous family to follow you in your escape. How's it sound?

How about you were doing a job to assassinate Million Blossoms (my character, a former noble) as her older siblings hired her. However, as you watched her closely to find an opening, you actually fell in love with her and warned her, as such you were deemed a traitor and were forced on the run. Mutually enamored with each other, you refused to let go, and so Million Blossoms left her venomous family to follow you in your escape. How's it sound?

I love it. 

I think we should keep it simple -- just a flat 50 normal XP at chargen.

Different subject.

I'm thinking of playing an archer Zenith with supernal Survival. She's a hunter and wanderer, with a hunting dog buffed up with Survival charms. I always did want to do the beastmaster build...

Beastmaster sounds awesome!

Well, its one in the morning for me right now.  I have most of my character done, with just a few bits and pieces left to fill out.  So I'll get it posted tomorrow, once I'm up and ready to face the world.

If you all want to use this...why not just use the experienced solar option? p. 126 , you would start at essence 2, 13 dots of merits, 20 charms, essence 2 and 18 bonus points.

But well, if 50 xp is still what people want to use, sure.

If you all want to use this...why not just use the experienced solar option? p. 126 , you would start at essence 2, 13 dots of merits, 20 charms, essence 2 and 18 bonus points.

But well, if 50 xp is still what people want to use, sure.

The man has a point.

Are those numbers in addition to or instead if the normal ones? If the latter I think I'd rather have xp.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are used instead of the normal chargen.

50 xp on top of the regular chargen gives less but they are about the same for the purpose we are looking for.

You start with 15 charms on regular charms, if you spend all on them on charms, you will get 4 charms(out of caste or 5 charms with caste/favored) vs 5 charms out of caste or favored/caste (experienced solar), On top of it, you have more bonus points to spend.

Essentially math wise, experienced solar is better and avoid the discussion about solar xp and base xp.

But well if most people still want to do 50 xp, not going to force the issue.

I can go with the book version of the Experienced Solar at Essence 2.

I suppose I could be ok with it.

EDIT: Do we want to write out the sheets in the character threads or link to external ones? I'm wondering whether the convenience of them being in the thread or that the external ones might be easier to read is better.

Anyone know what page the formula for determining the DV is in the new book?  Trying to find it but I'm not seeing it.

EDIT  Nevermind.   Found it

@WlfSamurai, one item I would like to bring in from 2e is the Infinite Resplendence Amulet of orichalcum and starmetal.  In that book, it is a four dot artifact for the blended materials.  Is that allowed in this game?

So as a Lore supernal, my character could get some awesome Wyld-shaping stuff instantly. I can't decide whether it's worth it though. You have to be "at the absolute border of the middlemarches, facing the deep Wyld, or must otherwise be within the deep Wyld itself." How often would it even be possible to meet that requirement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back