OOC (Rebirth of Brilliance)

I wouldn't complain about the xp, but I can handle starting out at Essence 1.

Are the characters going to know one another prior to game start?

Yes. The characters start the game as allies and already working together. You don't have to like each other, but you're working together. If we start traveling, you're traveling together.

There's no need to determine why, yet. We can find out in-game.

I always feel like Storyteller games always give you half of what you need at basic chargen to make a solid starting character. Bumping up by around one advancement tier usually fixes that pretty quick.

Sounds good to me so long as everyone is on board. Maybe I'll spend them all on a really nice hammer. A huge one that can conjure storms and stuff. Definitely a necessity for a Twilight scholar.

Since the game gives out normal xp and Solar xp, would we have both if this were to happen?

Sounds good to me so long as everyone is on board. Maybe I'll spend them all on a really nice hammer. A huge one that can conjure storms and stuff. Definitely a necessity for a Twilight scholar.

Hm, if we're both going for Twilight Sorcerers, what kind of spells are you going to be picking? I have a bias towards utility spells over direct combat spells.

Let me know if you have other suggestions.

Maybe let people choose between caste and favored abilities for their supernal instead of just caste? Sometimes the ability that makes the most sense as your supernal isn't in the caste that best fits the character.

I like that idea.  I wanted to go for a Night caste with a Martial Art technique, but to get MA as a Supernal, I had to go with Dawn.

Hm, if we're both going for Twilight Sorcerers, what kind of spells are you going to be picking? I have a bias towards utility spells over direct combat spells.

Oh, I'm not going sorcerer. If this guy is fighting he's going to be bashing people around with a shield. Like Captain America, if he used a four inch thick 6 foot tall tower shield.

Kinda undermines the general theme of each Caste, though.

I can stick with my current build, and just use my xp for the other sneaky Charms I wanted.  I was able to get all the MA Charms for the technique I wanted.

Oh, I'm not going sorcerer. If this guy is fighting he's going to be bashing people around with a shield. Like Captain America, if he used a four inch thick 6 foot tall tower shield.

Ah, my mistake. I must have read "scholar" as "sorcerer".

A Zenith would make a good Capitan America, or a Dawn, depending on which version of the character you're going for. (Modern vs WW2 era)

Oh, I'm not literally making captain america. He's a lore supernal scholar, it's just that if he needs to fight he's pretty good at it and happens to fight with a shield as a weapon, and cap is pretty much the only example I could think of for someone who fights with a shield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back