OOC (Rebirth of Brilliance)

I have now just named the forum that we are performing at: The Hanging Gardens.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I don't want to take too much control from you with this game. I know you want us to drive the story forward, but if I am over reaching, please let me know.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I don't want to take too much control from you with this game. I know you want us to drive the story forward, but if I am over reaching, please let me know.
Goodness. How do I put it... I play crazy indie games that mess with the idea of a GM, what role they play, and why. To the point that some games don't have a GM. The players share the role in one way or another.

I have a lot of crazy new age RPG ideas, some of which we will use here. One is that I, the ST, am not here to tell my story. I want to tell the palyers'/characters' stories. I get the most joy from being as surprised as you are. So, what you're doing is exactly what I want. I have given you, and will continue to give you, a lot of agency. Establish as you play. It's so much more fun. Very improvisational. Which is my favorite.

Now, it may feel weird right now because I don't have NPCs or objects there with you putting constraints on the situation. So, it may feel like you're running wild. But trust me, I'm here. Watching. Observing. *pushes glasses up*

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Just a heads up: I've swapped out Cult 3 for Influence 3 on my sheet. I figured It would help kickstart my "take over the world" plan by starting out as a political power player instead of working my way towards it. Hope this doesn't hurt any plans you might have.

Sherwood was kind enough to point out that we start with 50 xp, bringing us to Essence 2. I've updated Suhiko's sheet accordingly.

I had replied to Sherwood Sherwood privately, but I did wanna say it to everyone.

I would have had no problem if the others knew that Samira has Craft for making clothes. But since I was asleep at the time, and they went ahead with not knowing, we can assume that nobody but Samira knows, for now.
Otherwise, unless it contradicts something we've established, I do not mind you guys knowing something of Samira's capabilities. After all, it is assumed we've spent some time together.

Like I mentioned in my PM, in another game I posted actions about another persons' character, and they were upset. I just didn't want to do that again. Once burned, twice shy.

That's fine, bt as long as you are not delving into too much, it should be ok, or it could just reflect that your character doesn't know everything about my character, and that is fine too, since they do not know each other's deep secrets.

In the case above, perhaps my character's lack of Charms makes it seem like she knows a bit, but isn't the best seamstress around... which is true.

Simple. Just ask permission. Like you did. Done.

I don't subscribe to secrets or meta-gaming, though. It's one of those new-age concepts. We're here to play and have fun. Make everything a discussion. Would it be more fun to have a character show up right at the right time? Yes. You're there.

FYI, I moved a few points around, dropped a few Merits, to get a Gemstone of Luck Hearthstone. It doesn't do a tremendous amount, but the city we are in is now experiencing a bout of good luck all of a sudden.

I usually give the first chapter for you to make adjustments to your character. So feel free to make tweaks and little changes until the chapter 1 closes.

You guys are really driving these scenes. It's perfect. Everyone jump in as you see fit. I'll start asking more questions and engaging if I'm seeing people getting left out.

I can't seem to move the old world notes thread. I don't think permissions to edit it came over in the move. Going to have to ask the staff to help. *sigh*

Game mechanics question. I have a MA Charm that lets me spend up to (Appearance) motes to enhance it. I also have the Infinite Resplendence Amulet that can add four to my Appearance. Is the cap for the Charm my normal 5, or is it 9 when the effect of the Amulet is active? I can see arguments for it both ways.

Users who are viewing this thread