• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] real hero hours

pick a thing

• The paranormal monsters thing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The underwater thing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • These both suck, let's do something else!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
only answer the questions that grab your interest
you can answer these here, or add info to your character sheet, or both

you can invent any people, things, events, or locations you need to for your answers
  • where does your character live? do they have a permanent residence?
  • does your character have a day job? if so, do they get along with their coworkers?
  • what does your character do when they're not working or beating up bad guys?
  • who's the most important person in your character's life
for specific characters
has Maestro ever been tempted toward the path of infinite arcane power by otherworldly beings?
1.) Maestro lives permanently in a highrise penthouse (bcuz Wealthy)
2.) Maestro's day job is as a famous stage magician. He thinks his working relationship with his assistant is superb, but said assistant would disagree.
3.) Maestro makes a hobby of exposing fake supers. Ironic, considering one works under his nose.
4.) Maestro has no surviving family that keeps in touch, so if he had to pick anybody, it'd probably be his assistant.
5.) Never. In fact, Maestro can't cast "true" magic at all; all of his abilities are stage tricks.

also, am i allowed to leave some of the sidekick's points unspent while i figure out wtf to do with him

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! The version of the rules I was using was a little out of date.

Here is a link to purchase the updated, final version, if you're interested : Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition - Evil Beagle Games | Prowlers & Paragons | DriveThruRPG.com

Nothing in the core rules or character creation has changed, so your characters are fine, and you're not required to buy it. I think there are a few extra powers and possibly some new combat options - I haven't read the whole thing yet.

I'll add the link to the first post as well.

i should probably answer the questions for my sidekick as well i just realized, shouldnt i

tbh if i thought of the magicians assistant idea earlier i would have swapped things around so Maestro was mechanically the "sidekick" even if he is the leading man of the two since he's supposed to be weaker lmao

I work mornings for most of the week but I get off early today and will try to have something of a sheet ready.

I already have Clover/Kamen Rabbit's backstory written up, though.

you can invent any people, things, events, or locations you need to for your answers
  • does your character have a day job? if so, do they get along with their coworkers?
if Zei was chasing something, or something was chasing her - what would it be, and why?

1) Zei doesn't need a home. She never gets hungry, tired or cold. And she doesn't care about storing possessions.
2) No. Zei wouldn't accept money even if it was offered.
3) She investigates everything. Zei wants to learn all about Earth. She's constantly poking around its architecture, culture and trivia. Remember, Zei doesn't sleep. So she has plenty of free time. Her wanderings span both day and night.

S) Zei often gets chased by academics. Scientists, historians and biologists have a lot of questions for her. For some reason, Zei tends to give them the runaround. She's strangely reluctant to satisfy other people's curiosity.

Just noticed something: Sizniche, how does the Maestro's assistant have 75 points? That's more than half of his boss' point value. Unless I've misunderstood a rule (which is quite likely), the maximum for a starting Sidekick should be 62.

Last edited:
I’m traveling today and most of tomorrow, but I should be able to reply by tomorrow evening.

for specific characters

KingGoblin KingGoblin
what's the weirdest shit Eric ever saw during a delivery?
1) I live with my parents. Or, rather, they live with me. At first, I tried to keep them from knowing what I could do, how I was making money, but when I bought the new house, I kind of had to let them know about where I got the money from. Anyway, its a big house, nice, we've got a pool and gym and stuff, but my parents were pretty well-to-do, and we explained it away by saying that they won some money in the lottery, so my secret's still relatively safe, as long as people think I'm mooching off them. I also own a couple of other places, of course, in case we need to hide or anything, but mostly we live in the big house.

2) I'm working for Uber, still, doing food delivery. I have a little beat-up motorcycle that I drive, although I sometimes cheat. You know, teleportation. In any case, it helps, since I am very familiar with the city, and can teleport pretty much anywhere in town now. I don't really have co-workers, though, since its just gig work.

3) When I'm not driving, I play video games, pretend to study, go to some classes, stuff like that. Normal stuff.

4) My parents, Molly and Arthur Brians, of course, and my sister Sara. She doesn't know about my secret identity, or that I'm the 'lottery' that our parents won. She's still in high school. My parents are real-estate attorneys.

5) Mostly drugs, or drunken shenanigans. I don't deliver drugs, of course, but working for Uber in a college town... Oh, you meant the other deliveries. I don't know. Most of the weird things are places, not things; I'm not really supposed to talk about them, much, but since I can't teleport to places I don't see or know, I've been to lots of places that people wouldn't know exist. Even within my limit, which is just about a hundred miles for one hop, there are a surprising number of secret bunkers and... Stuff I can't talk about. Taking multiple hops, I can get anywhere in America in like five minutes, even just 'porting up in the air and then going sideways for a while. It's like flying, except, you know, faster. Fun fact, Cuba is within my range, when I go to Florida. I can't really talk about Cuba, though.

Just noticed something: Sizniche, how does the Maestro's assistant have 75 points? That's more than half of his boss' point value. Unless I've misunderstood a rule (which is quite likely), the maximum for a starting Sidekick should be 62.
You have a pet or a sidekick. You create them using 3 Hero Points for every 5 points you possess, and they’re subject to the same Trait Cap as you. For example, if you’re a Standard Level hero created with 125 Hero Points and a 12d Trait Cap, your companion will have 75 points and a 12d Trait Cap.

You have a pet or a sidekick. You create them using 3 Hero Points for every 5 points you possess, and they’re subject to the same Trait Cap as you. For example, if you’re a Standard Level hero created with 125 Hero Points and a 12d Trait Cap, your companion will have 75 points and a 12d Trait Cap.
Ah, I must have a different version of the rules. Mine says: "You have a pet or a sidekick. Every Hero Point you spend on this Perk gives you 10 Hero Points to create this character. Your companion can’t have more than half your Hero Points, and they must abide by the game’s Trait Cap."

Ah, I must have a different version of the rules. Mine says: "You have a pet or a sidekick. Every Hero Point you spend on this Perk gives you 10 Hero Points to create this character. Your companion can’t have more than half your Hero Points, and they must abide by the game’s Trait Cap."
To be clear, that is in fact the latest version of the rules, the one I just bought yesterday. But I can't very well penalize people for using the rules I gave them at the time. This one's on me 100%

To be clear, that is in fact the latest version of the rules, the one I just bought yesterday. But I can't very well penalize people for using the rules I gave them at the time. This one's on me 100%
What about the rest of his sheet? Because now that I take a closer look, there are other discrepancies. Should he use the old version of everything?

What about the rest of his sheet? Because now that I take a closer look, there are other discrepancies. Should he use the old version of everything?
all i have is the "old version" so i literally cant build a character if im forced to use the new version lmao

I realize this rings of "We have investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing" but I looked back over my sheets and everything is legal via the rules that i have on hand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back