• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [OOC] Pokémon: Blown by Winds of War

Would you like to have a Pokémon's levels/stats numerically represented in the RP?

• Yes, I'd like to have a visual representation of my Pokémon's stats.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Prosellet

Searching for her shoe
Here is the OOC thread for the RP; feel free to ask questions and talk amongst yourselves.

5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwIMTbw6fmvNv9pcyL4l7nqY

Rekisho's geography overview has (finally) been completed!

I have purposefully left the information vague and refrained from naming smaller villages across the region to give everyone some creative freedom. If you want to create your own village or "point of interest" feel free! I might even include it in the Lore thread.

Yooyoooo!

Prosellet Prosellet just wanna say that your aesthetic is *chefs kiss*. I love these visuals so much so far like they're exactly the things I'd use lmao.

What's everyone thinking of in terms of characters so far? I'm personally eyeing the Herran, Rahal or Onyota clan in terms of background

Danidify Danidify

Since I'm still working on the Clans' Lore I'll go ahead and give you a few details to work with (that may or may not help you narrow down which you want to go with).

The Herran are based on European Cultures, specifically those of Western Europe (and Portugal). They have a Republic system of governance and are strong promoters of innovation and technology. They are the most technologically advanced of the clans, though this has come at the expense of their traditions.

The Rahal draw inspiration from India, Egypt, and the Middle East. They are governed by a Council comprised of high ranking merchants and scholars (not voted in) and have an advanced food culture that heavily features seafood and spices. They are the most learned of the clans, though such knowledge focuses less on science and more on the liberal arts, economics, and politics.

The Onyota are a mixture of Russian and Mongolian cultures. They are nomads who live in tight-nit family communities and practice Gerontocracy - governance by elders. Aside from the Akimoto, they are the least social of the clans. Nonetheless, they are by far the most skilled craftsmen and builders.

Danidify Danidify

Since I'm still working on the Clans' Lore I'll go ahead and give you a few details to work with (that may or may not help you narrow down which you want to go with).

The Herran are based on European Cultures, specifically those of Western Europe (and Portugal). They have a Republic system of governance and are strong promoters of innovation and technology. They are the most technologically advanced of the clans, though this has come at the expense of their traditions.

The Rahal draw inspiration from India, Egypt, and the Middle East. They are governed by a Council comprised of high ranking merchants and scholars (not voted in) and have an advanced food culture that heavily features seafood and spices. They are the most learned of the clans, though such knowledge focuses less on science and more on the liberal arts, economics, and politics.

The Onyota are a mixture of Russian and Mongolian cultures. They are nomads who live in tight-nit family communities and practice Gerontocracy - governance by elders. Aside from the Akimoto, they are the least social of the clans. Nonetheless, they are by far the most skilled craftsmen and builders.

Ooo the Herrans makes my Dutch heart excited LMAO. Damn all of these clans sound badass though!

Ooo the Herrans makes my Dutch heart excited LMAO. Damn all of these clans sound badass though!
I'm happy to hear so!

I wanted to avoid pigeon holing people with the clans and the type of characters available for creation. I find world cultures fascinating, so being able to use them as inspiration for an RP has been enjoyable.

I'm happy to hear so!

I wanted to avoid pigeon holing people with the clans and the type of characters available for creation. I find world cultures fascinating, so being able to use them as inspiration for an RP has been enjoyable.

Aa totally get that! Will you also be making a character?

Aa totally get that! Will you also be making a character?
Yep! I have a few ideas floating about in my mind, but I'll hold off working on anything until I have the Clan section of the lore fleshed out and posted. (And so I can see where more people are leaning; I'll make characters for clans with limited - or no - representation.)

got a character idea sorted, with 3 pokemon.
Yay! I'm going to try to get the basics for each of the Clans posted tonight (knowing me, myself, and I there will be more information I want to add later on).

What clan are you considering for this character? I can look to prioritize its information if you'd like.

I'm not sure about clan affiliation, but I'm kinda toying with the idea of a character owning a Classic Ninetales and an Alolan (i.e. Ice / Fairy) Ninetales. 🤔 The combo is one of my favorites!

Seems interesting, but I would like basics of what I'm walking into
Understood!

The general gist is that the RP will focus on a group of Pokémon Tamers more-or-less trying to survive in a Region locked in war. (I say "more-or-less" because some folk like to shove their head in the tiger's mouth and leave it there.) I am drawing inspiration from Japan's Sengoku (Warring States) Period as well as other world events over the centuries.

This world is less a typical Pokémon region and more a fantasy world that has been adapted to include Pokémon. Your character(s) will hail from one of the five clans in the region, and this will help determine their motivations and goals. There are no gyms or contests, but you can obtain regional fame through the Tamer's Guild (which will be expanded upon in the lore thread) if you want to go that route.

The RP itself is still in a developmental phase as I work on the Lore sections between real life responsibilities. I will allow participants the ability to craft their own portions of the world. Likewise, I will not limit your characters to being adverse to the war or trying to escape. Once I see the cast, I'll make the call on how to push the plot forward.

...Hopefully this helps. Please let me know if there's anything you'd like clarification on.

I'm not sure about clan affiliation, but I'm kinda toying with the idea of a character owning a Classic Ninetales and an Alolan (i.e. Ice / Fairy) Ninetales. 🤔 The combo is one of my favorites!

If I may, the Akimoto could be a good choice since Ninetails is based on the Japanese Kitsune. Just because they're known as a clan of warriors doesn't mean your character has to be one.

Understood!

The general gist is that the RP will focus on a group of Pokémon Tamers more-or-less trying to survive in a Region locked in war. (I say "more-or-less" because some folk like to shove their head in the tiger's mouth and leave it there.) I am drawing inspiration from Japan's Sengoku (Warring States) Period as well as other world events over the centuries.

This world is less a typical Pokémon region and more a fantasy world that has been adapted to include Pokémon. Your character(s) will hail from one of the five clans in the region, and this will help determine their motivations and goals. There are no gyms or contests, but you can obtain regional fame through the Tamer's Guild (which will be expanded upon in the lore thread) if you want to go that route.

The RP itself is still in a developmental phase as I work on the Lore sections between real life responsibilities. I will allow participants the ability to craft their own portions of the world. Likewise, I will not limit your characters to being adverse to the war or trying to escape. Once I see the cast, I'll make the call on how to push the plot forward.

...Hopefully this helps. Please let me know if there's anything you'd like clarification on.

Seems legit, any spy type or something along that line, if so I'll be that with my shiny Zoroark for my partner

If I may, the Akimoto could be a good choice since Ninetails is based on the Japanese Kitsune. Just because they're known as a clan of warriors doesn't mean your character has to be one.
True! Good point! I do have a soft spot for the Akimoto clan's themes.

Seems legit, any spy type or something along that line, if so I'll be that with my shiny Zoroark for my partner

Every clan aside from the A’anin and the Onyota have specialized espionage personnel.

If you’re looking for something more traditional to the “spy” narrative, then I recommend either the Herran or the Rahal. The Akimoto have their shinobi, but I’m sticking to the more historically accurate perception of them.

Prosellet Prosellet

Another question:
  • Do people eat Pokémon? Is Pokémon the only source for meat? Or is there real life animals in Rekisho?

Prosellet Prosellet

Another question:
  • Do people eat Pokémon? Is Pokémon the only source for meat? Or is there real life animals in Rekisho?
Pokémon are food sources on Rekisho and fill roles similar to the animals we are familiar with.

Hunting for food is a bit more dangerous as a result, though some Pokémon species have been domesticized for farm and husbandry uses.

Just don't try to eat Geodudes. Those be sentient rocks.

I plan on adding a section to the Lore Thread detailing Pokémon and their relation to Rekisho and the people that live there. (Also, how they'll function inside the RP.)

Every clan aside from the A’anin and the Onyota have specialized espionage personnel.

If you’re looking for something more traditional to the “spy” narrative, then I recommend either the Herran or the Rahal. The Akimoto have their shinobi, but I’m sticking to the more historically accurate perception of them.

Doesn't matter to me, but I have 2 very important questions before I commit to this rp

1. How long are you expecting my posts

2. How often are you expecting me to post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back