• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Prosellet

Searching for her shoe

Pokémon: Blown by Winds of War
RP Interest Check

Pokémon
Fantasy
Adventure

If you haven't guessed from the title of this search thread and the overall theme within, I'm looking for a group-styled Pokémon RP. Blown by Winds of War, however, does not follow the Pokémon canon - for those who tread the lands of the Rekisho Region will find neither gyms nor contests. Instead, your characters will be immersed in a region rich with strife and lost to the throes of time.

Rather than a Pokémon RP with fantasy elements, this is a historical fantasy adapted to the Pokémon universe. Technology as we know it does not exist, and your characters will be far from pubescent trainers on a journey of growth and fame. Instead, they will be an eclectic group of warriors, scholars, vagabonds, alchemists, sailors, and tradesmen trying to survive in a world where war is the horizon. Do you have what it takes to eke a living in a region where bloodshed is as common as a Rattata - or will you fall victim to the mechanisms of your foes?

The Rekisho Region

From the frozen reaches of the Onya Tundra to the southern expanse of the Narozi Marshland, Rekisho is awash in biomes as diverse as the people that call it home. The region is comprised of a large mainland, a smaller landmass to the east, and a collection of islands that line the coasts. While no countries exist in Rekisho, political boundaries have been drawn between the five clans that inhabit its lands. Roads in the region are rudimentary in design, with few crossing territorial boundaries. Common modes of travel include the use of caravans, wagons, and Pokémon mounts. Seafaring is performed largely by ships, but there are those who have secured the aid of Pokémon in their endeavors. Electricity does not exist in Rekisho as an energy form; thus, there are no electric lightbulbs or gadgets. Instead, humans rely on fire to illuminate the chasm of night.

Points of InterestOnya Tundra
Narozi Marshland
Kumira Wilds
Graterre Rise
Mount Hasbal
Lake Savan
Gulf of Trian
Eastern Wastes
Sumptre Prairie

The ClansThe people of the Rekisho Region are categorized into Clans. The location of one's birth, paired with a number of physical and cultural traits, define how they are classified by others of differing characteristics.

The Akimoto
Warriors
Ethics

The Akimoto, who live in the North Western region of Rekisho, is a clan of warriors who live according to a strict code of ethics. They are known for their unique style of dress and the katana blades they fight with. Despite their aversion to contact with the other clans in the region, it was the current Head of the Akimoto that instigated conflict in Rekisho half a decade ago.

Common Pokémon Types:
DragonIC_Big.png
PoisonIC_Big.png
SteelIC_Big.png

Uncommon Pokémon Types:
FairyIC_Big.png
PsychicIC_Big.png
b3be17f78b4db114dac18c9cb3f3f98f.jpg

The A'anin
Hunters
Heritage

Southern Rekisho is home to the A'anin, a clan of people who live in tribal communities and strive to coexist with nature. They are a hardy people whose brawn and hunting techniques allow them to survive in the marshlands and forests of their home.

Common Pokémon Types:
GrassIC_Big.png
BugIC_Big.png
FightingIC_Big.png

Uncommon Pokémon Types:
SteelIC_Big.png
ElectricIC_Big.png
9d41cb254e3a6c141631e632a4a8ffb1.jpg

The Herran
Seafarers
Exploration

Rekisho's Eastern landmass is home to the Herran, a clan whose love and obsession with the sea is unrivaled by any other. They are the premier seafarers and sailors in the region, dominating the waters with their fleet of ships.

Common Pokémon Types:
WaterIC_Big.png
FlyingIC_Big.png
ElectricIC_Big.png

Uncommon Pokémon Types:
GroundIC_Big.png
GhostIC_Big.png
4d9054cd3bde07a0223f301e2a1f4ca5.jpg

The Rahal
Merchants
Knowledge

The Rahal inhabit the Eastern region of Reshiko's mainland, thriving in an arid environment that many would turn away from. Their culture places prominence on knowledge and lore, and many scholars have been known to emerge from their academies. With their knack for economics, the Rahal have become the premier merchants of the region.

Common Pokémon Types:
FireIC_Big.png
GroundIC_Big.png
PsychicIC_Big.png

Uncommon Pokémon Types:
IceIC_Big.png
GrassIC_Big.png
65139a4a0c034e04a149807906f0f81c.jpg

The Onyota
Crafters
Nomads

The far north is home to the Onyota, a migratory clan known for their beautiful terracotta and woodworks. People of this clan seldom intermix with those outside their kin, and entire villages are known to migrate with the seasons.

Common Pokémon Types:
GhostIC_Big.png
IceIC_Big.png
FairyIC_Big.png

Uncommon Pokémon Types:
FireIC_Big.png
BugIC_Big.png
86134166f39dcb62d6d88e73bcdc3935.jpg

The Tamer's GuildThe Tamer's Guild is a regional organization in Rekisho. It crosses Clan boundaries, drawing people from all corners of the land. While a Guild License is not required to become a Tamer, the benefits of associating with the Tamer's Guild lead many to join its ranks.

Guild Benefits:
  • Lodging and supply stations
  • Commission pay
  • Optional Clan disassociation
  • Information networks
  • Access to trading routes
  • Fame

Miscellaneous InformationDoes magic exist in the Rekisho region?
Yes, though its power and usage is limited among humans. According to the inhabitants of Rekisho, the ability of Pokémon to wield the elements - and, indeed, for their very existence - is explained by their aptitude for magic.

What is the level of technology in Rekisho?
The level of technology can be likened to that which existed in the Age of Enlightenment (1715 - 1789). This includes advancements in thought, culture, and society.

Do Pokémon Trainers exist?
Not in the context of the original series. Pokémon have coexisted with humans on Rekisho for centuries; as a byproduct, people have learned how to train the creatures and use them for their own means. Most partnerships between Pokémon and humans are built upon mutual trust, dependency, and comradery. Yet, there are also those who force Pokémon to obey their orders. Humans who own and train Pokémon are referred to as Tamers.

How do certain occupations make use of Pokémon?
  • Warriors are known to fight alongside their Pokémon during combat.
  • Blacksmiths use fire and fighting type Pokémon in their forges.
  • Apothecaries and Alchemists are known to make regular use of grass, water, and poison type Pokémon.
  • Sailors often rely on water and flying type Pokémon for navigation.
  • Many craftsmen and artists use their Pokémon as muses, as performers, or during the process of creating their crafts.
Do Pokéballs exist?
No, Tamers use visual markers to indicate that their Pokémon is not wild. These forms of identification can take the form of a brand, tattoo, ear clipping, band, or other accessories.

How many Pokémon can a Tamer have?
While there is not law limiting the number of Pokémon a Tamer can possess, their ability to care for the creatures is often limited by their occupation and the resources at their disposal. It is uncommon for Tamers to actively travel with more than six Pokémon.

What Pokémon are native to Rekisho?
All known Pokémon, sans Mythical and Legendary Pokémon, from the main series - Gen1 through Gen8 - can be found in Rekisho. Fakemon or specialized variants may be permitted and added to the Creature Log if proper reasoning is given.

What role will player characters have in Rekisho?
This RP is centered around a group of Tamers looking to escape the ongoing Clan War, fuel it behind the scenes, and/or cause its end. The actions of these characters during the RP will have a direct impact on events in Rekisho.

Rules
  • All RPN rules apply.
  • Maximum of 2 characters.
  • At least two paragraphs per post.
  • No Mythical Pokémon, Legendary Pokémon, or Ultra Beasts.

More information, including Character Sheets, will be added following adequate interest. (Expanded information will be in a Lore Thread.)

Last edited:
Okay but this looks so promising?! I love the detail you've put into this!

Is there a weekly post requirement of some sort?

Okay but this looks so promising?! I love the detail you've put into this!

Is there a weekly post requirement of some sort?
Thank you!

There will likely be a weekly or bi-weekly positing requirement once things get rolling. I haven't settled on anything yet; figured I'd wait to see 1) how many people were interested in joining and 2) what schedules looked like.

Thank you!

There will likely be a weekly or bi-weekly positing requirement once things get rolling. I haven't settled on anything yet; figured I'd wait to see 1) how many people were interested in joining and 2) what schedules looked like.

Neat! Consider me tentatively interested! Just gotta see whether uni decides to stay chill for a while ;-;

In response to the interest in this RP, I've posted the Lore Thread:

This is still very much a work in progress, so excuse the lack of information for the time being.

There's an Uncommon & Common types section. Pray tell - what of Pokemon that have both? Such as a Snom or Frosmoth for the Onyota or a Vikavolt for the An'nin?

There's an Uncommon & Common types section. Pray tell - what of Pokemon that have both? Such as a Snom or Frosmoth for the Onyota or a Vikavolt for the An'nin?
That section mostly deals with the environments of the region and the disposition of each clan. It's a suggestion - though it does tie into some of the lore - more than anything, and exceptions can exist. As for pokemon whose types exist at odds with the clan's listed type preferences, the primary typing is generally what people go off of. That said, a pokemon's biology does play into the sort of environment it can be found in - even if its typing doesn't match a clan's listed typings.

For Snom and Frosmoth, this would be ice as the primary type and bug as the secondary. (Beyond this, its biology is best suited for colder climates, though it would be limited to areas where trees are fairly abundant.)

Vikavolt's primary typing is bug, so it too falls under this classification system.

Good points all the same! Hopefully I'll be able to clarify the topic more in the lore section for each clan. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Just wanted to say this is incredibly interesting. Maybe I'll join in the future if it's open, right now I have too many RPs at hand. But amazing idea!

Im currently thinking of a mercenary beserker from the Annin's
Mercenaries certainly exist, so feel free to explore that path.

I plan on having the Character Sheet posted within the next hour or two to allow people to start drafting their ideas while I work on the Lore.

I'll also be creating an OOC thread (with the potential for a discord server) to enable discussion of the RP.

Prosellet Prosellet

I have a few questions:
  • Are our characters allowed to have uncommon types on their team?
  • Is it mandatory to base your team off your environment? Or are we allowed to choose Pokémon outside of the common or uncommon types?
  • You mentioned the RP is centered around a group of tamers. Are all our characters together in a single group? Are our characters part of the Tamer's Guild?
  • Since they're escaping from the war, does that mean our characters deserted their clans?
  • Will our characters be traveling all over Rekisho?
  • Is it allowed if our character had relations to more than one clan? For example, the mother is a deserter from the Akimoto and the father is from the Herran.

Prosellet Prosellet

I have a few questions:
  • Is it mandatory to base your team off your environment? Or are we allowed to choose Pokémon outside of the common or uncommon types?
  • You mentioned the RP is centered around a group of tamers. Are all our characters together in a single group? Are our characters part of the Tamer's Guild?
  • Since they're escaping from the war, does that mean our characters deserted their clans?
  • Is it allowed if our character had relations to more than one clan? For example, the mother is a deserter from the Akimoto and the father is from the Herran.

Yes. You are not obligated to stick to the Common and Uncommon Pokémon types associated with the clans (this information is associated with 1) the environments each clan is exposed to and 2) their cultures. For example: the Akimoto, who have a history of swordsmithing, have come to associate with the steel type over the centuries.) It is common for people to travel across the region, and acquiring a diverse set of Pokémon comes hand-in-hand with that fact. This said, characters possessing Pokémon of types categorized as uncommon for their clan will need to detail how said Pokémon came to be acquired in their CS.
    The answer to this follows my answer to your first question, if only because a Clan's common and uncommon pokemon are highly attributed to the environments associated with their territory. You would have a difficult time finding a fire Pokémon in the Onya Tundra; however, an Onyota clan member could venture south in search of one or establish trade with someone from a region where they are more common. I would like to see characters have at least one Pokémon associated with their clan's common types. The rest of their Pokémon can be as eclectic as you choose - just be sure to explain how your character(s) acquired their Pokémon in their CS.
    Not necessarily. It isn't uncommon for people to migrate in Rekisho. Some people choose to change clans, while other disassociate with clans all together. Disassociation can be dangerous, however, and many who choose this lifestyle are heavily discriminated against. So too are they likely to meet an early death.

Our characters can have differing motivations. Some may seek the path of avoidance, some may view the conflict as a way to make a healthy coin, and others still may be working for their clans behind the scenes.
    Yes, eventually.
    Of course!

The Character Thread has been created! You can find the CS on the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back