OOC (Out-of-Character) Chat

It wasn't just the speed, it was the length.  I can handle posts that sometimes exceed 1,000 words.  I can handle rapid posts.  I can't, as it turns out, handle rapid posts of thousands of words per player with lots of players.  At its peak, I was spending 2+ hours a day reading, just reading, to keep up with the RP and it was too much for a new parent. :)   But it was a very impressive game with amazing energy and enthusiastic players and it was nice to be among them, even if only for a little while.

The kiddo's good.  He's 9 months old today, actually!  Growing fast, sitting up, grabbing and kicking things.  Not crawling quite yet but he's on the cusp (at which point our lives become so much more complicated...)

I've been away as I informed you, on the way back now but I don't anticipate having the opportunity to write up anything until Monday as I had no Internet up here and thus couldn't complete some of the coursework I wanted to do. So don't bother waiting for me - Mahlah is likely to wallflower anyway and I can just catch up with her reactions. I have half a post pre-written from before I left :)

Also hiya @SilverFlight! Good to see another familiar face!

Also Epiphany, I didn't realise you'd had a child! Exciting times for you - hope all is well! Babies are such a joy :D

It wasn't just the speed, it was the length.  I can handle posts that sometimes exceed 1,000 words.  I can handle rapid posts.  I can't, as it turns out, handle rapid posts of thousands of words per player with lots of players.  At its peak, I was spending 2+ hours a day reading, just reading, to keep up with the RP and it was too much for a new parent. :)   But it was a very impressive game with amazing energy and enthusiastic players and it was nice to be among them, even if only for a little while.

The kiddo's good.  He's 9 months old today, actually!  Growing fast, sitting up, grabbing and kicking things.  Not crawling quite yet but he's on the cusp (at which point our lives become so much more complicated...)

I don't think most of were that bad were we? ^^' Star was the most prolific and yes, she could really write!

9 months. Wow, time flies.

Thanks @Lexielai, I will get the CS up as soon as I can. I'm at the moment limited to one hand because my brand new kittens have both fit themselves onto my lap and if I don't use one hand to support them they will start sliding off. ^^ Like literally just an hour ago they were brought to the flat. I'm in love.

Went ahead and posted. 

EDIT: Also added some formatting to the post

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jabroni  @Daimao  @Newson @Epiphany @BainOfBridges @Volfy  @SkyGinge And don't forget to welcome our new member, @SilverFlight

One more thing: I'll give you all permission to write out stormtrooper combat and NPC interactions and whatnot, IF you tell me what you're going to do first. Then I'll tell you what happens. So you don't need to prompt me in your post, we could just do a OOC DM box sort of thing. 

@Jabroni  @Daimao  @Newson @Epiphany @BainOfBridges @Volfy  @SkyGinge And don't forget to welcome our new member, @SilverFlight

One more thing: I'll give you all permission to write out stormtrooper combat and NPC interactions and whatnot, IF you tell me what you're going to do first. Then I'll tell you what happens. So you don't need to prompt me in your post, we could just do a OOC DM box sort of thing. 

May I control a separate group of troopers so I can chase my character to the team? Grim would ditch them before he got to the hangars.

Haven't replied in large part because I'm on an all-week training onsite in Washington DC (instead of Washington State where I usually live).  But also in small part because I'm hopeful more combat-savvy characters rise up and set the stage.  I expect Nyis will largely experience this battle around her, possibly firing a few blind shots, but her skill set is exactly what isn't needed in this situation.  If I haven't seen a reply by Saturday (which is when I'll be home from training), I'll...mock up something but hopefully others will give me more foundation to build on. :)

I'm sorry everyone for my late reply. I have been very very very busy. I am doing literally everything. Band, theater (two shows in fact, right now), school, and my own personal life. It's also exam week for me. But, since I didn't have an exam right now, I felt like I should take the time and respond. Once again, I'm sorry for the late reply.

I've been similarly occupied all week.  And am flying home in an hour for the rest of the day.  So I'll be sadly tanked.

@Lexielai: No lack of love, I promise.  This is an excellent pitch of a game and I aim to make it an awesome long-term one. :)

I wouldn't be too worried. As long as you're regularly communicating and keep up, there's no problem. I'm usually busy for 12-14 hrs of the day, so I can understand delayed posts!

Users who are viewing this thread